Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Mile'ionaha posted:

These aren't the worst, I think. Semi-intuitive

there's 26 sepaarate symbols to memorize, what the gently caress do you call "the worst"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Panderfringe posted:

there's 26 sepaarate symbols to memorize, what the gently caress do you call "the worst"

your posting :hehe:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The last boss keeps his hands behind his back when he doesn't have his glaive out and kicks you in the head. Also, he shoots out lasers made of fusilli pasta.

Edit: Also, he poo poo talks you quite a lot.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 6, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ok lore spoilers since I finally got on with poo poo this week

After carrying that worm around for a day, I am sure looking forward to killing Queen Mara Sovathun next expansion. It's too obvious a setup.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Panderfringe posted:

Looks like it'll only take 4 hours on the first day, all the bugs and disconnects included. Combined with all the symbol memorization, gonna call it a Bad Raid.

wow, almost 6 hours and still no finish...

gonna call it a bad post

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

fast cars loose anus posted:

Ok lore spoilers since I finally got on with poo poo this week

After carrying that worm around for a day, I am sure looking forward to killing Queen Mara Sovathun next expansion. It's too obvious a setup.

are you done with the parasite quest? you might be pleasantly surprised.

the last boss is cool as poo poo. love the way they introduce different layers of the soundtrack depending on what phase you're on.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Astrochicken posted:

the last boss is cool as poo poo. love the way they introduce different layers of the soundtrack depending on what phase you're on.

It is seriously awesome. It adds such a rush/excitement to the fight when the next part of the music kicks in.

Edit: ExBlack got the boss down to 35%. They are super close.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Astrochicken posted:

I have the one mission to do so i might have jumped the gun but thats what I do, I am a guardian

Against all my better judgement I am watching a day one raid stream and boy do I not miss these feelings of frustration and just mind numbingly doing the same part of a fight over and over again from my WoW days

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Mazerunner posted:

wow, almost 6 hours and still no finish...

Teams basically have the very last encounter down. The only issue the artificial difficulty imposed by contest mode. Without that it's going to be an easy raid. On its own, that's perfectly fine; I really liked DSC. But this is just rote memorization of a million vague pictures. That's not good or fun. It's also almost as buggy as Garden, and Bungie does not have a good track record for fixing raid bugs (see Garden). All of this makes it a very bad, no good raid.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
yeah the aesthetic of the raid is incredible but the mechanics seem like last wish 2.0

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Neato concepts and visuals but as far as "how fun is Raid to do" my ranking is definitively

1. DSC
2. Garden
3. Last Wish
4. Vow
5. VoG

DSC wins for just being a joy from start to finish. Garden 1-3 are fantastic but 4 sucks, while Last Wish is just sort of consistently "Decent". Vault of Glass is 5 public events stitched together and really showing its age

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The mystery and wonder and majesty of experiencing the raid fresh wore off after 4 hours of wiping to stuff that feels pretty cheap. The instant death scorn fire grenades loving suck, for example.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Scorn crossbows mysteriously doing 4x damage isn't super rad either, heh

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
so now that we've got megamind, does that mean Unveiling is from his perspective or is it from the Darkness as the actual force. cuz i'm not feeling megamind being the guy who gave the ideas behind unveiling.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
sounds like two teams finished within 3 minutes of each other

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Paracausal posted:

sounds like two teams finished within 3 minutes of each other

loving datto always a bridesmaid

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
One of my buddies texted me, completely foaming, saying that one of his clanmates was running it with gladd lol. I really wanted them to nab it.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Not sure how that raid is ever meant to be done in pugs. Unless you can get it down to like 3 people doing all the important poo poo then good lord.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not sure how they possible made matchmaking worse, but they managed to pull it off this season!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Scorn crossbows mysteriously doing 4x damage isn't super rad either, heh

It took me about fifteen tries to beat the mini boss with the crossbow in mission 5 or 6. But I only died like four times total to the final boss across all the phases.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new fragments seem a little crazy.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Astrochicken posted:

I was!

Mesadoram posted:

The grenade -> volatile rounds, I am all for that one

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Ok this might not actually be awful

https://twitter.com/Jarvenis/status/1500194046022762501?s=20&t=9YpuSEMbSG4vwCVsXjYfUA

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mesadoram posted:

Just have fun and enjoy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have hard freezes on my series X one every other crucible match or so. :suicide:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There's a nice little gameplay chain with the fragments:

Echo of Underminding => weaken enemies with nades ->
Echo of harvest => precision kill weakened enemies to drop orb ->
Echo of Starvation => pick orb to proc devour

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

still not done but this is a hell of a lot more fun than vog :hehe:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Panderfringe posted:

Well, you don't have to memorize them. They are what they appear to be, or could be easily seen to be, in my mind.

And the whole "their names show up when you ADD them"

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

I'm at final boss, I like this one.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the 6 rear end horse was the peak of my raid experience. thank u bungo *~

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So what's up with the story/lore of this raid, why are we at the Pyramid, who's Rhulk, what's going on?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

So what's up with the story/lore of this raid, why are we at the Pyramid, who's Rhulk, what's going on?

rhulk is an rear end in a top hat who hated savathun so much he parked his pyramid in her throne world and when savathun died he was like "haha its free real estate :)"

this made mara sov realize that he was there and that scared her real bad because a throne world of this size and power in the hands of someone like him would be bad so she was like "uhhhhh hey!!! favorite stooge!!! pyramids are bad go deal with it for me :wink:"

so we did

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
All that ever has to be said to send us somewhere is "new guns" to be fair

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

what's funny is that she didn't even have to say that, we just knew because it was a raid

The Guardian has been conditioned to equate raid activities with new stuff and they haven't been wrong yet

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

final boss owns owns owns it's everything some people have wanted

a boss that really moves around and fucks you up

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i was so convinced it was gonna be calus... lol...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Void went from "good" to "oh wow" with these new fragments.

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

We did it! Top 200! What an amazing raid, that last encounter was definitely the best boss I've seen from this game

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Rhulk is hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

muike posted:

Rhulk is hot.

I'd like to park my pyramid in his throne world, if you know what i mean.