Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Man it just wasn't enough that Rhedan had to be just the absolute worst on his own, but climbing the tower to activate his rune is also awful. Fromsoft WHY

Just wait until you see what's below the tower! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

No Wave posted:

If you go right at the high fire and you'll climb instead of going down, there's actually a door there that's easy to miss.

I missed that door so went down instead. If you're just referring to climbing the outside, yeah, it's some awkward platforming.

Yeah it's the platforming. The problem is there's a VERY slight delay when jumping.

I just got on aggro since he has an instant jump and just hoped I wouldn't fall off (spoiler: I did fall off once when I dismounted on one of the wall decorations and not one of the ladder platforms)

edit: Oh i see. The inside of the tower is just awful too. They put the angry dev to work on the Caelid parts of the game I guess

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 6, 2022

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

No Wave posted:

If you go right at the high fire and you'll climb instead of going down, there's actually a door there that's easy to miss.

I missed that door so went down instead. If you're just referring to climbing the outside, yeah, it's some awkward platforming.

i thiiiiink that door is locked until you do stuff tho the order in which i did things makes me unsure which stuff specifically

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh my god the left wall on the right way is a door, not the door shaped thing ahead of it. What is WITH THIS ZONE

lol you can completely ignore the rest of the tower and just get the rune empowered. PEACE lovely tower, I'll come back later

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Ending Path Chat

I'm 90% certain I'm on the path to the real bad ending considering the level up maiden just outright threatened to hunt me down and kill me because I absorbed the Frenzied Flame which I found in an extremely creepy underground area.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Yeah it's the platforming. The problem is there's a VERY slight delay when jumping.

I just got on aggro since he has an instant jump and just hoped I wouldn't fall off (spoiler: I did fall off once when I dismounted on one of the wall decorations and not one of the ladder platforms)

edit: Oh i see. The inside of the tower is just awful too. They put the angry dev to work on the Caelid parts of the game I guess

miyazaki had a nightmare about falling and woke up filled with inspiration

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Harrow posted:

The good news is there's a lot of pretty busted strong Str/Faith stuff in this game. The bad news is that it's pretty backloaded.

Well, got to know theyre coming at least lol

So how do I get here (southwest Liurnia)?

I ran all around this place, but couldn't find a way up. And don't let that grace site fool you, thats UNDER the area circled.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deep dish peat moss posted:

In my experience, it only sends you to pools within a certain radius of where you are in your world. I only ever get summoned to the dungeon I'm in or nearby small dungeons.

e: you also can't use the item that sends your sign to the pool unless you are somewhat near an activated effigy

The description for the Small Golden Effigy says "activated pools only". I went back to a bunch of dungeons and activated the pools there and am now getting summoned to a greater variety.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Well, got to know theyre coming at least lol

So how do I get here (southwest Liurnia)?

I ran all around this place, but couldn't find a way up. And don't let that grace site fool you, thats UNDER the area circled.

Doing Ranni's quest takes you there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ISLC.exe didn't fix the slight hitching but my load times have been slashed in 1/4 :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

Every place I've come across that you can't get to was eventually a place you can go if you do Renni's questchain. It's worth doing it, although it does reward yet another giant sword that requires faith or int.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Thanks for the title tip!

I'm looking for some sorcerer that is supposed to be in the Sellia village, anywhere I should look? Also I got a note that refers to a hidden cave in the same village, anyone know what it's talking about? Is it just the War-dead Catacombs or is there something more?

Also, the Radahn fight got some serious bullshit. I was level 100 (probably overleveled) and his between-phases attack almost always killed me at full health. And is it even possible to dodge the arrow rain when you run up to him at the start?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ither posted:

I'm playing as a caster. In my view, vigor is a waste because anything I'm targeting should be dead before it gets to me.

This hasn't always worked out though!

But I'm sure it will as I get better spells and raise my INT.

I really can't express how disappointing most of the "late game" spells are. Even the quadBow attack I was expecting to be way better but it's damage was hardly an improvement over the single target version with exactly the same windup speed but then you also needed to factor that if some of the arrows were blocked you'd end up doing less damage. Actually one of the worst issues is just the god awful targeting and tracking the game has. I expected the "rain of stars" spell to be great and every boss I tried it on almost always moved out of the way. I even watched my Mimic cast it once and he totalled missed too. Actually that's a great way to find out what's actually effective; equip the spell, and then let your Mimic try to cast it.

You'll want a decent chuck of health though, very few bosses in the late game go down with less than three blasts of stuff like Meteorite or Azur's and you'll need to be able to survive the recharge period. The infinite FP flask is good but you can't rely on it in every situation and you get it fairly late.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i got the pizza cutter! the amount of awesome weapons this game throws at you is insane i love it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I found what I can only describe as a monstrous secret boss (final zone) underneath the maelstrom palace that involved turning back time and reaching a forgotten arena. What the gently caress was that, game

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 6, 2022

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Uhhh so invading a tough open world boss in the volcano area, and I’m not actually interfering because that’d be too harsh and once they start the boss it always kills them in a few minutes anyway.

Did two back to back where the moment I entered their world it said the host and one of their summons had died and sent me back.

Now I know if you kill another player you get a % of their runes, don’t know the exact amount. But before these invasions I had 0 runes.

I now have 250k. I don’t know if one of the people that died was a hacker or super late game but what the hell. That’s eight levels for me if I were to spend them.

Think I might just buy a ton of weapon upgrade materials, I love trying out new weapons and doesn’t feel as dodgy as levelling would.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 6, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Uhhh so invading a tough open world boss in the volcano area, and I’m not actually interfering because that’d be too harsh and once they start the boss it always kills them in a few minutes anyway.

Did two back to back where the moment I entered their world it said the host and one of their summons had did and sent me back.

Now I know if you kill another player you get a % of their runes, don’t know the exact amount. But before these invasions I had 0 runes.

I know have 250k. I don’t know if one of the people that did was a hacker or super late game but what the hell. That’s eight levels for me if I were to spend them.

Think I might just buy a ton of weapon upgrade materials, I love trying out new weapons and doesn’t feel as dodgy as levelling would.

I've been getting 55 per win lmao

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

ymgve posted:

Thanks for the title tip!

I'm looking for some sorcerer that is supposed to be in the Sellia village, anywhere I should look? Also I got a note that refers to a hidden cave in the same village, anyone know what it's talking about? Is it just the War-dead Catacombs or is there something more?

Also, the Radahn fight got some serious bullshit. I was level 100 (probably overleveled) and his between-phases attack almost always killed me at full health. And is it even possible to dodge the arrow rain when you run up to him at the start?

Roll through the purple arrows, get on your horse and sprint past the rain. Yes, this DOES mean you're hosed if you summoned another player for this fight.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
It's not that odd running around with a huge amount of runes. I've slam dunked over a million into the void dying on boss fights because after a point it's just easy to build a huge number up and there's nothing you want to spend then on. Let me buy crafting materials for perfumes FROM please.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

buglord posted:

Hi friends, is the PC version stutter free yet?

Really wanna pull the trigger on this game yet. Some places make it seem like its a universal problem on PC no matter the specs, other places make it appear it isnt a problem but for some users. What do ya'll think?

I had stutter every 5 seconds when I first came out of the tutorial area. As I progressed into other areas it’s completely gone. That, and, you gotta close any windows on a second monitor. They can cause some weird frame rate bug that will cause the games anticheat system to kick you to the main menu or crash. It’s really freaking weird.

But, overall, game is amazing Souls fun. Get it. Enjoy.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

anyone else who wants to drop some hate, apparently you can be invaded during draconic tree sentinel :mad:

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 6, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've put 80 hours in and have not performed a single parry.

Thank you FROM.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Valdent posted:

It's not that odd running around with a huge amount of runes. I've slam dunked over a million into the void dying on boss fights because after a point it's just easy to build a huge number up and there's nothing you want to spend then on. Let me buy crafting materials for perfumes FROM please.

What do perfumes do? I got a bottle for it but no recipes

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Inzombiac posted:

I've put 80 hours in and have not performed a single parry.

Thank you FROM.

Why parry when the R2 counter attack is so powerful and has such a generous window

Orv
May 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I found what I can only describe as a monstrous secret boss (final zone) underneath the maelstrom palace that involved turning back time and reaching a forgotten arena. What the gently caress was that, game

People having problems with some of the other bosses are going to love that guy. What a jerk.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the amount of people in thread who have stumbled across the evil ending path and went "HUH WHA OBVIOUS CONSEQUENCES OF MY ACTIONS?" tickles me

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Gamerofthegame posted:

the amount of people in thread who have stumbled across the evil ending path and went "HUH WHA OBVIOUS CONSEQUENCES OF MY ACTIONS?" tickles me

look, if you give me a prompt with two options and I haven't followed the plot closely enough to know what any of them means, I'm gonna pick the upper one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need some tips on how to deal with dragons as a melee character. I can handle most of their attacks but they have quite a few flame breaths that simply cover too much ground, hit too hard, and have little buildup.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

At what point? I think I'm almost done with the quest chain but I still haven't been sent there.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Harrow posted:

At what point? I think I'm almost done with the quest chain but I still haven't been sent there.

basically the last bit (excepting the actual ending)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I need some tips on how to deal with dragons as a melee character. I can handle most of their attacks but they have quite a few flame breaths that simply cover too much ground, hit too hard, and have little buildup.

Two options; stay on honse, run in, attack two or three times as you pass the legs/wings, repeat until dead. Best with a tanky summon.

Option two is get under them where they will basically either breathe, stomp or fly and just be ready to mount up and run if it’s breathe.

They’re not terribly fun to fight, in my book, past the coolness of the first one.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016

Thundercracker posted:

What do perfumes do? I got a bottle for it but no recipes

I've picked up recipes for 5 different ones so far. You get the gunpowder explosion dust wave the perfumer enemies use, you get the block one hit and boost stats perfume they use too. Those are the useful ones and the dust explosion says is scales with str and dex (especially dex). The other 3 are poison breath, acid breath (not sure what this really does without durability) and the last one buffs attack and stamina in exchange for taking more damage I believe.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Horses have i-frames when you get on or off them and can jump over the biggest AOEs.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I will say I really hope in elden ring: dlc edition they use their money to make boss ai that realizes it's next to the wall of the arena and geez maybe I should move back in??

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I’ve been killing poo poo as int/faith with nightfall blade, moonveil, and hoarfrost stomp uchigatana as my go-tos

But godkiller greatsword and blasphemous blade have me thinking about respecing str/faith. How good are they, really?

Edit: also, the level of absolute horsefuckery that From gets up to in these later game optional areas is just astounding. Particularly going down to places like Deeproot.

Do you like curse frogs? What if there are a million of them and they’re highly aggressive. Also, hope you don’t have a giant insect phobia.

Even the hardest of pro MLG gamers will weep and cling to their OP cheaty weapons.

Also very proud to be in the 2% of trophy winners who completed Fia’s quest, it was extremely rad.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 6, 2022

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/t7zujv/my_first_invasion_didnt_go_how_i_expected_it_too/

Jesus Christ. (not sure how to directly embed the video)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Having fun so far, but I'm still trying to figure out a few basic things.

-how to summon actual players. I'm at the first boss and I only see the NPC summon sign. But other players are able to summon me just fine.
-how to use the jellyfish summon I was given.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Gamerofthegame posted:

Oh I had a feeling it was the questionable option, I'm just amused that the game flat out calls you a loving idiot for committing.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

SirPhoebos posted:

Having fun so far, but I'm still trying to figure out a few basic things.

-how to summon actual players. I'm at the first boss and I only see the NPC summon sign. But other players are able to summon me just fine.
-how to use the jellyfish summon I was given.

You need to use a furlcalling finger remedy (easily craftable) to see summon signs. Ideally near a site of grace or a summoning pool. You also need gods own reflexes to click the signs before 1000 other people do. Expect a lot of “unable to summon cooperator” because demand hugely outstrips supply.

To summon spirit ashes you need to have a certain key item. Go to Church of Elleh at night and an NPC should give it to you. Once you have that you can just use the ash item and your jellyfish will show up, assuming you have enough FP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Orv posted:

Two options; stay on honse, run in, attack two or three times as you pass the legs/wings, repeat until dead. Best with a tanky summon.

Option two is get under them where they will basically either breathe, stomp or fly and just be ready to mount up and run if it’s breathe.

They’re not terribly fun to fight, in my book, past the coolness of the first one.

Flytrap posted:

Horses have i-frames when you get on or off them and can jump over the biggest AOEs.

These aren't outdoor dragons. Can't use horses on 'em.