Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cowards at viz wont let kaido flirt with Luffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Foreshadowing aside, it seems out of place to me that1000+ chapters in, someone starts complaining that the magic fruit's superpowers don't properly adhere to realistic physics.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaido is a scientist actually

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kaido, seeing Luffy be made of rubber: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Kaido, seeing Luffy be made of rubber: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

WO RO RO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

well

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Wait, hold up, you guys have had this chapter for like half a week, someone explain me the final page because :stare:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

Wait, hold up, you guys have had this chapter for like half a week, someone explain me the final page because :stare:

CP0 did some poo poo to Luffy to give Kaido advantage and Kaido does not look like he's taking it well.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

MorningMoon posted:

Kaido's pissed because CP0 sabotaged his fight with Luffy, just like his fight with Oden got sabotaged back then.

Dude just really wants to actually lose a fight to a worthy opponent, and people keep jumping in and ruining things.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Bungie gum gum?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Alien Arcana posted:

Kaido's pissed because CP0 sabotaged his fight with Luffy, just like his fight with Oden got sabotaged back then.

Dude just really wants to actually lose a fight to a worthy opponent, and people keep jumping in and ruining things.

did we know beforehand that they had sabotaged the Oden fight? that's what is really shocking me. And it just makes so much sense for why Kaido turned so miserable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

did we know beforehand that they had sabotaged the Oden fight? that's what is really shocking me. And it just makes so much sense for why Kaido turned so miserable.

IIRC it was Orochi who just straight up shot Oden.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Gomu Gomu? No.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, it was the woman from the flashback with Bon Clay’s fruit. Kaido had her killed afterwards.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oden fight sabotage was the woman using Bon Clay's fruit to imitate Momo, causing him to drop his guard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Right, right right. I should really do a re-read soon, there's so many details I keep forgetting.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

is this Elden Ring?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Alien Arcana posted:

For him, it doesn't matter if it's win or lose with a formidable opponent, but it has to be one without interference.

Did not expect the fight to go this way, but if there's something that'd get Kaidou to actually gently caress off or change sides, it'd be something like this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pissed Drake got beat by boring CP0 guy again.

CP0 have become pretty important in the tail end of this arc and i'm not really feeling it tbh.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

This really is a great panel. Kaido just looks -devastated-.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

If you showed me that panel out of context I would've thought it was Orochi

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I never would have thought I'd see a panel of luffy getting wrecked and also feel sympathy for his opponent. That last page is amazing.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I've had a stupid theory floating in my head about Luffy's fruit and I don't remember it coming up recently/ever but:

going with the idea that Luffy's fruit isn't actually the Gomu fruit; what if it's actually the Keshigomu fruit and Luffy is actually an Eraser Man.

He could still have most of the properties of rubber but what if his fruit's awakening let him erase things. Fatigue, Damage, Human Limits, People and/or Knowledge and Memories. It's a stupid shower theory but if that was the fruit used to make the Void Century happen, it would make sense that the government would want it and Luffy dead before it could awaken and it's innocent enough for someone to have before they get to that point and CP0 need to show up.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Robviously posted:

I've had a stupid theory floating in my head about Luffy's fruit and I don't remember it coming up recently/ever but:

going with the idea that Luffy's fruit isn't actually the Gomu fruit; what if it's actually the Keshigomu fruit and Luffy is actually an Eraser Man.

He could still have most of the properties of rubber but what if his fruit's awakening let him erase things. Fatigue, Damage, Human Limits, People and/or Knowledge and Memories. It's a stupid shower theory but if that was the fruit used to make the Void Century happen, it would make sense that the government would want it and Luffy dead before it could awaken and it's innocent enough for someone to have before they get to that point and CP0 need to show up.

You know what, I like this

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Robviously posted:

That makes some sense, I guess, except...

1. Shouldn't that be the DF of Imu or someone closely associated with him? It seems weird for the Elder Stars to say "whose light do you wish to erase from history?" to Imu when it's actually one of the people he's considering killing who has the power to erase things.

2. How does being an eraser help him bend his limbs in midair? That was what surprised Kaidou, not Luffy "erasing" anything.

3. If someone used this DF to erase knowledge of the Void Century, why didn't they erase the Poneglyphs?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

To me the only alternate fruit type that makes sense would be a mythical/ancient zoan, because we see the rubber power kick in basically automatically. For that to be anything other than a rubber paramecia type, it would have to be some kind of fruit that has inherent stretchy powers (like how marco's phoenix power has the flames, yamato has ice, etc.). If it's a more abstract power that has the side effect of enabling the power set that we see, then Luffy would somehow have had to intuit specifically just the stretchy part on his own without ever stumbling upon anything else.

That being said I do feel like this is all setting up for a fakeout and they're actually talking about Buggy's fruit.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm pissed Drake got beat by boring CP0 guy again.

CP0 have become pretty important in the tail end of this arc and i'm not really feeling it tbh.

I don't think I'd be as upset at Drake getting constantly dunked on if Apoo wasn't still up and about despite getting creamed by like 4 separate people.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Last Celebration posted:

honestly I feel like that’s a weakness with Gear Fourth, like in practice besides making him actually change form like he’s Frieza or some poo poo it’s just Gear Second/Third combined only it’s slightly less interesting than Luffy figuring out how to do cool stuff with both and it’s a LOT less interesting than when there wasn’t a hardcoded defined semi-arbitrarily set of limitations that result in gaps in every post timeskip fight since after Gangster Gastino.

i'm not concerned wit the time limit stuff, i just think it was colloer when luffy was throwing out different moved like gum gum hammer and axe now everything is just a punch like he's throwing Kamehameha waves over and over

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Silver2195 posted:

That makes some sense, I guess, except...

1. Shouldn't that be the DF of Imu or someone closely associated with him? It seems weird for the Elder Stars to say "whose light do you wish to erase from history?" to Imu when it's actually one of the people he's considering killing who has the power to erase things.

2. How does being an eraser help him bend his limbs in midair? That was what surprised Kaidou, not Luffy "erasing" anything.

3. If someone used this DF to erase knowledge of the Void Century, why didn't they erase the Poneglyphs?

1) It should but it would also explain why the government would go out of their way to stop it from awakening.

2) The official translation of Kaido saying that rubber shouldn't be able to do that would explain if the fruit is erasing the limits on what Luffy as rubber can do.

3) We don't know exactly what the poneglyphs are made of, it could be as simple as how sea stone stops fruits from working.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the fakeout is about brooks fruit and he can raise the dead if it awakens

poneglyphs were confirmed to be seastone right? indestructible and only wano can make them

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jose posted:

the fakeout is about brooks fruit and he can raise the dead if it awakens

poneglyphs were confirmed to be seastone right? indestructible and only wano can make them

They aren't seastone, Robin's definitely been able to touch them and Brook was able to get an etching of one which they probably wouldn't be able to do if they were.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Ryaomon posted:

I don't think I'd be as upset at Drake getting constantly dunked on if Apoo wasn't still up and about despite getting creamed by like 4 separate people.

hustlers hustle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

They aren't seastone, Robin's definitely been able to touch them and Brook was able to get an etching of one which they probably wouldn't be able to do if they were.

ah yeah that makes sense. there is currently a missing road poneglyph right? That Shanks maybe has which could lead to the showdown with blackbeard before Laugh Tale but otherwise nobody is sure.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ryaomon posted:

Apoo still being up doesn't really bother me it just kinda feels weird because i'm not sure what he's gonna contribute at this point?

I'm just bummed because Drake is a cool dino man that has lost twice to this complete nobody in super short scenes I think are supposed to feel like they still matter (like hey Marine civil war that sounds like a big deal) but don't because the CP0 dudes don't feel like real characters at this point.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

drake is cool and he's friends with koby. a tier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm so glad its not a break week lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

drake is cool and he's friends with koby. a tier

This honestly.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jose posted:

ah yeah that makes sense. there is currently a missing road poneglyph right? That Shanks maybe has which could lead to the showdown with blackbeard before Laugh Tale but otherwise nobody is sure.

Technically two. They got the one from Zou and Big Mom's, but there was supposed to be one on Fishman Island but it was stolen at some point and the fourth one is a complete mystery from what I recall

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Technically two. They got the one from Zou and Big Mom's, but there was supposed to be one on Fishman Island but it was stolen at some point and the fourth one is a complete mystery from what I recall

I thought there was the Big Mom/Kaidou poneglyphs that are known about, the hidden one on Zou that the strawhat's have accessed and then the missing one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jose posted:

I thought there was the Big Mom/Kaidou poneglyphs that are known about, the hidden one on Zou that the strawhat's have accessed and then the missing one

OH that's right the mystery one turned out to be Kaido's, I completely forgot that part. So that means the one that's unaccounted for is the one that was stolen from Fishman Island in the past.