Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yeah if you are one of the like 12 million people who has a ps5 or Xbox one x, or whatever small million number of people who have a powerful enough pc, you can play it. But that's not most people

I bought Elden Ring for my PS4, and it runs fine. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
when elden ring comes to switch, i'll play it, but cant play it on a console i dont own (bc they require also buying a tv)

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

There's plenty of breaks to save, just keep in mind you're likely going to have sessions of just cutscenes at times since the game has just a much a focus on its story and dialogue choices as it does the tactical combat.

It also auto-saves frequently. I am in the same boat with time constraints and still having a blast. I actually care about the story and the characters are quickly growing on me, so I don’t mind a short session of cutscenes. I also greatly appreciate that you can hit (X) on any speaking character to bring up a portrait and description. Very helpful as I tried to keep track of who was in which house at the beginning. You can also hit (L) to bring up the chat log and then (X) on any text box if you missed someone in a scene.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Libluini posted:

Hell, longtime Souls fans are surely used to the game running a bit chunky at times

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Libluini posted:

Now I'm mad that you assholes informed me about there being a PS4 version.

I don't have time for this. I won't hear it, and I won't respond to it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

The download-version apparently makes you pay a couple extra-bucks to get you both PS4 and PS5 versions. It was 69 bucks over here, which gave me a little chuckle. :v:

Anyway, if I ever get a PS5, I now already have 3 games for it! (Besides Elden Ring, two more of my PS4-games come with free PS5-upgrades.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the PS4 runs pretty well, no real stuttering. Which is funny considering the PCs many issues

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

when elden ring comes to switch, i'll play it, but cant play it on a console i dont own (bc they require also buying a tv)

Same. Though I do have a projector. It still comes down to neither having the money or the space for another console. The Switch is a small console, it fits well in modern urban environments.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah the PS4 runs pretty well, no real stuttering. Which is funny considering the PCs many issues

I think the PC issues have something to do with DirectX but im not sure im on ps5 myself

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

CharlestheHammer posted:

From has a shaky history with PC releases, I'm not surprised it had a rocky launch. I haven't had a PC strong enough for their stuff in years, so I've been over the moon that Old Jewelry runs well on the old PS4.

I distantly remember the original DS2 release on PC being kind of smooth, but that one was also the lower res version.

mdemone posted:

I didn't learn about the PS4 version for quite some time. It really didn't look like it'd have one, I'll be honest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How do you mean? They announced from the start it was gonna be on ps4

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How do you mean? They announced from the start it was gonna be on ps4

I never really saw the official announcement, learned about the game even nearing release through the initial wave of beta-test first impressions

I don't claim to not be hopelessly oblivious at times

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Triangle strategy looks co but that voice over is so bad. American accents should never say olde English words. What were they thinking.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Triangle strategy looks co but that voice over is so bad. American accents should never say olde English words. What were they thinking.

You can turn the voices off, which is the right decision in 90% of rpgs with voice acting that expect you to take the story seriously.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no ,switch can’t play good games any more

No Elden Ring and no Chaos Killing Extravaganza 2022. Truly, the Switch Has No Games.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i love my nintendo switch

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Snake Maze posted:

You can turn the voices off, which is the right decision in 90% of rpgs with voice acting that expect you to take the story seriously.

That’s dumb and you should only do that if you want to make things as bland as possible

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Snake Maze posted:

Cheesy/ bad in a good way voice acting is the best, but that's just me.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The voice acting is fine in Triangle Strategy. The main character’s performance is a little flat though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the Luigi’s mansion dlc worth getting on sale or would I just be buying mp nobody plays?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure it's just MP costumes and poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad Triangle Strategy is win and it looks like 2022 is going to be the Year of the Tactical RPG because I am going to go out and get it and the Advance Wars remake :cheersdoge:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
2022 is the year of kirby

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

2022 is the year of fire, the year of destruction...
the year we take back what is ours.
It is the year of rebirth...
the year of great sadness...
the year of pain...
and the year of joy.
It is a new age.
It is the end of history.
It is the year everything changes

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm glad Triangle Strategy is win and it looks like 2022 is going to be the Year of the Tactical RPG because I am going to go out and get it and the Advance Wars remake :cheersdoge:

Seen this sentiment a few times now- what other tactics games are coming. I only know of this, advance wars and that metal slug one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Science_enthusiast posted:

Seen this sentiment a few times now- what other tactics games are coming. I only know of this, advance wars and that metal slug one

There's the remaster of Front Mission unless that's what you meant

e) also the Switch release of 13 Sentinels

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I have $45 in Best Buy certificates that I'm kind of tempted to use on Triangle Strategy, but I feel like that's nothing a FFT replay can't fix. I'll probably save them for Re-Boot Camp, which I'm weirdly looking forward to.

I've never been into Kirby, though. I realize this is my loss and I'm very sorry. Planet Robobot was really good, though.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the year of pain...
and the year of joy.
It is a new age.

its the year of kirby bitch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kirby is very tactical, and you play the role of Kirby

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There's the remaster of Front Mission unless that's what you meant

e) also the Switch release of 13 Sentinels

Ah yes I forgot about those! The mario rabbids tactics game comes out this year actually too. Its a tactics bonanza!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also apparently Digimon Survive lol

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thunder Bear posted:

I have $45 in Best Buy certificates that I'm kind of tempted to use on Triangle Strategy, but I feel like that's nothing a FFT replay can't fix. I'll probably save them for Re-Boot Camp, which I'm weirdly looking forward to.

I've never been into Kirby, though. I realize this is my loss and I'm very sorry. Planet Robobot was really good, though.

I thought this once too and then I thought about it and realized I have played nearly every mainline Kirby game, turns out I love Kirby and always end up getting their games.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its the year of Carby bitch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its the year of kirby bitch

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure it's just MP costumes and poo poo.

I don’t own this game, but that’s a dumb paid DLC if I ever heard of one. This isn’t Smash Bros, who cares about MP costumes?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

the year of pain...
and the year of joy.
It is a new age.

I understood this reference :cheers:

We have always been here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There's also the new Fire Emblem musou which is strategy adjacent. Also rumors of a new mainline game or remake but I'm sure we'll find out in June or so.

I forgot about 13 Sentinels. Is it in the eShop yet?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i love kirby and i'm going to play the new game. poyo bitch.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im going to go full mouthful on this bitchass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

djfooboo posted:

I don’t own this game, but that’s a dumb paid DLC if I ever heard of one. This isn’t Smash Bros, who cares about MP costumes?

If I've learned anything from MOBAs it's "everyone that made fun of horse armor"