Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA for telling my child she’s being ripped off?

Speaking of narcissistic parents...

LOL Oh, I'm STRICTER, stepmom will let her do what she wants!

about the kid who has GRADUATED COLLEGE. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
my GF refused to get me toilet paper

quote:

nsfw

This story isn't super gross, but I'm putting in a NSFW tag just in case.

My girlfriend and I had been together for around 6 months. We were on a road trip heading across Texas to see her parents. At one point, we needed gas and stopped at a gas station. She went to the bathroom while I was pumping gas, and, as I finished, I started feeling stomach sick. I rush to the bathroom and sit down and start taking care of business only to realize too late that there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. I decide to text my girl and ask her to bring me some out of the women's bathroom. She replies that she can't because she's already in the car. As if it is impossible for her to do me a solid by walking back in to grab me some toilet paper.

This really does bother me because I've gone out of my way to help her in a pinch. Like going to the store on my day off to get her some Midol and bring it to her job to help her with stomach cramps. Her being unwilling to walk 10 yards to do me a favor comes across as her being unwilling to put in much of any effort. Is this me overreacting?

redditor posted:

Are you still there?? 😱😱💩

OP posted:

Its been 6 days. I'm so hungry...

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Evil Willow posted:

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for saying that my son was lying when his school notified me that he was sick?

quote:

I have a son ("Jacob"), he's 14. I have full custody of him as a signle parent.

Days ago, I drove him to school then went to work. I then got a call from the school telling me that Jacob was feeling sick and asked me to get there so they could speak to me. I was somewhat puzzled because he seemed 100% okay.

I went to his school and his teacher told me that Jacob complained to her about experiencing symptoms like nightsweats, exhaustion, loss of memory and concentration for a while, I told them I had no idea and he must be lying to them to avoid classes or something because he was fine at home. They told me that he might just be hiding or simply igniring his symptoms since he is a kid and doesn't fully understand. I said there was no way because if any of what he said was true, I would've noticed. They urged me to get some tests done but I figured that there was no need because, like I said, if there was something wrong or off about him, I would've known. I said I won't be doing any tests anytime soon, but will make sure to check his temp and speak to him. The teacher got agitated and started arguing about taking this to the school counseler and whatnot which caused me to tell them off because they were acting like they know my son better than I do.

On the way home, Jacob remained quiet and refused to say a word to me or answer to any of my questions. He does this whenever he's mad at me for something not because he's sick so I figured he probably lied to the school about being sick so he could stay home and it worked, because they're telling me Jacob isn't allowed back to school til I get some tests done to ensure he's okay but I was hoping would work this out quickly instead.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for telling my dad to kick out my step mom & step sister?

quote:

My (21f) step sister (21f) slept with my (now ex) boyfriend of 1.5 years during a family vacation back in December. He broke up with me in January, then we started talking again in February. He kept telling me he loved me, wanted to get back together etc. I went through his messages one morning and that’s how I found out. They slept together on our vacation and then continued to flirt, sext, talk crap on me, and talk about how they wanted to be together until the end of January (So while we were together and broken up). The last messages sent were on the day he came to get his things from my apartment; i’m assuming the day he realized he “missed” me.

This whole thing has been a poo poo show. I’m an absolute wreck. I called him when I found out and told him I was having his friend get the rest of his things and to never speak to me again. I haven’t talked to my sister, but she knows I know because the first person I called was my dad. Turns out, my step mom knew about it. She allegedly (according to my ex bf and sisters messages) told her to “do whatever makes her happy” and that she “deserves to be happy for once.”

I told my dad I can’t be in the same house as them whenever I come home for college. He offered to divorce my step mom and kick them both out, and told me I will always come first. AITA if I tell him to do it? am I taking things too far?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Mx. posted:

AITA for saying that my son was lying when his school notified me that he was sick?

:whitewater:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You can really tell the kids who have learned to never tell their parents about problems because they'll either ignore them, punish the kid for speaking out or actively make them worse.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling out my girlfriend for wearing too much make up?

quote:

I (20 M) have been dating my girlfriend (18 F) for two months. Theres not much to say other than I really like her and she’s beautiful and funny.

She really like this tv show called euphoria where they wear crazy makeup (if youve seen it you know what im talkin about) and I think its cool that she is inspired and likes to do some cool creative eye make up.

Ok so last week my grandpa died and she wanted to be there with me at the funeral and she came with her family. We hugged and everything and I noticed she had like a really thick eye liner and eye shadow with like some small sparkly things she glued on her eye and she drew a teardrop right under her eye, like I said she likes doing that stuff with her makeup, its not the first time, but I told her it was maybe too much for a funeral. I could tell she didnt really like that I said that and she was being distant the rest of the time we were there and we didnt talk after.

The next day she texted me saying she was very upset about me commenting on her wearing too much make up and that she could wear as much makeup as she wants and she wants me to apologize, but I didn’t apologize because I dont think I did anything wrong.

Instead I told her she is the one that should apologize because in my opinion she made my grandpas funeral about herself and I didnt like that at all. She called me crying saying im way too mean to her and she really needs me to rethink and apologize. Idk maybe im in the wrong and I cant see it, AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

The tear drop was to show the world she was sad.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
The tear drop cracked me the gently caress up. Very funeral appropriate imo

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Did she murder the decedent

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
IRT : Dude Wipes

a friend got me some as a joke, but by golly, they've got a mentholated one that is just refreshing as gently caress.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

2 months seems a little early to attend a funeral

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

That's pretty over the top for a funeral, especially given she didn't know him

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mx. posted:

For once the school admins aren't the villains.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Evil Willow posted:

i feel like one probably doesn't need to ask the internet if it's a bad sign that their partner won't walk 10 literal yards to bring them TP

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

precision posted:

i feel like one probably doesn't need to ask the internet if it's a bad sign that their partner won't walk 10 literal yards to bring them TP

People either become so used to insanely unreasonable behaviour or so blindsided they have no idea how to react to it, and a second opinion is needed just to give them a reality check either way.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Mx. posted:

Welp, Jacob, you don't have the sort of parent who's going to prioritise buying and helping administer your insulin so good luck living until senior prom.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mx. posted:

Night sweats is a huge giveaway for early signs diabetes jfc I hope someone called CPS

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for damaging wooden floors with my worn down stiletto heels?

quote:

My boyfriend's sister invited me go to out with her and her friends today, as my boyfriend is out of town. She and her friends are super fashionable, and she said I should dress up, and mentioned that I should wear heels. I don't own many heels, so I ended up wearing a pair of stilettos that I had worn many times and had the metal pin in the heel tip showing. Anyways, we went out for a while, and then decided to go to one of the friend's house, which had wood floors. When we were entering, I started to take my heels off since I knew my heels would damage the floors, but the friend who owned the house said it was fine to wear shoes indoors. I said I didn't want to damage her floors, and she laughed at me and said that heels don't cause damage to her floor as it was hardwood and when I tried explaining, she cut me off by laughing again and said that everyone present was wearing stilettos and they always wear heels on her floor all the time without damage. I took them off anyways, but then everyone looked at me, started giggling, and my boyfriend's sister laughed and said that I probably just couldn't handle heels, and the homeowner said I looked like a 6th grader who couldn't handle heels that hurt at a school dance, and then everyone started laughing uncontrollably while mocking me for taking of my heels. I felt utterly humiliated and after a bit I went back and put my heels back on, and only then the mocking stopped. I felt bad that my heels were probably denting the floor and suggested taking off shoes, but was met with more laughter and mocking that I couldn't deal with the pain from heels so I didn't do anything.

Anyways, a while after we all went home, I got an angry phone call from my boyfriend's sister and the friend we went to about how I had ruined the floors. I said that I took my shoes off at first and told them, but was mocked and dismissed, but my boyfriend's sister said she didn't think I was such a slob who would wear worn down shoes. She called me an rear end in a top hat and a slob before telling me that I should pay for for repairs. AITA? I feel bad for damaging the floors, but I tried not to by taking my heels off and was mocked for that.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

artsy fartsy posted:

That sounds like a bizarre mean girls setup

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

artsy fartsy posted:

Wow, gently caress all of those people, Jesus

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think OP will have better luck going with something else. I'm not sure what, though. Is "femme" a thing? Femme guy? Is that a good way of expressing this?

This is a several pages and a few days old at this point, but there are four "components" to a person's SOGIESC identity: sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and sex characteristics. They aren't, strictly speaking, fully independent of each other, but you can easily be a straight, cisgendered male who has a feminine gender expression.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lmao what do they think hard wood means, like that it's impenetrable to damage? There's types of "hard wood" you could snap with your hands.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

artsy fartsy posted:

Dress the way we expect ahahah you look like a child, idiot child, you don't know what you're talking about, oh wait no you're a loving slob, a slob that knowingly hosed up my floors, you lovely slobby child idiot gently caress you

Anyhow you stopping by the next get-together?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

AITA turning away a woman knocking at my door in the middle of the night looking for help?

quote:

I fully admit that I don't really think I did anything wrong and this is ridiculous to me, but my partner is angry and thinks I'm an rear end in a top hat. Maybe I am.

Around 1:30 AM today a woman who neither me and or my partner has ever seen before came knocking at our door. I admit she was acting upset. She says that she's looking for her boyfriend. It's snowing and cold outside in the middle of the night.

My hackles pretty much instantly rose. I've heard stories of people knocking on doors and faking distress looking for houses to rob. My partner on the other hand is ready and willing to let her in and try to help. Help with what? Her boyfriend is not here. He has never been here. I tell her not so nicely that he's not here, that I know what she's doing, and that she needs to get the gently caress off my property now.

Now we're up, it's almost 3 AM and still arguing on and off about me being an rear end in a top hat to some poor innocent woman who's just worried about her boyfriend. I don't understand what we could have done. Whoever this dude is, he certainly hasn't been at our place. If she's cold and upset, maybe she should go home and file a missing persons report. On her own phone at her own house.

My partner argues that they may have been homeless. Her boyfriend may have mental or substance abuse problems that are weighing on her so she can't do that. And all of that is a true possibility. I spoke harshly because I don't believe her at all and that if anything else even mildly suspicious happened after that door closed I would be calling the cops. I did not verbally threaten to call the cops nor did I actually do it.

I think my partner is naive. My partner thinks I'm heartless. The truth probably lies somewhere in between. AITA?

Edit: They spoke at the door for at least three minutes before I interjected. She asked multiple times to come inside and not once for someone to call the cops to help her find her boyfriend. I'm personally reluctant to call the cops in any situation because of possible escalation. My partner outright did not want me to do so because he was worried it might get the woman in trouble. No cops for anybody even if I regret that part now if only because it might have saved one of my neighbors from the scheme.

Edit 2: I called the non-emergency line to report it this morning and I have regrets. Why the gently caress do the police need to know my full name including middle and date and birth to tell them about some suspicious bitch? Oh well.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Funktastic posted:

AITA turning away a woman knocking at my door in the middle of the night looking for help?

I have a bridge to sell the boyfriend, he sounds like he might be into some real estate investments

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

artsy fartsy posted:

sever, preferably via nuclear bomb

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mr. Lobe posted:

I have a bridge to sell the boyfriend, he sounds like he might be into some real estate investments

Please, it's cold outside and all I have with me is this ski mask and crowbar to keep me warm.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Funktastic posted:

My partner argues that they may have been homeless

That's totally possible and homelessness is a terrible situation to be in but I'm not sure what the bf was hoping to do after bringing that up. Is he offering to let her live with them until she finds her bf?

I'll throw the scorching hot take out that OP's bf is cheating on her with the woman that came knocking and he was trying to start a polycule by letting in the poor, freezing woman. He just didn't count on OP having a spine.

Edit: The woman was also an amateur. If you really want this to work you have to use a kid. ( On mobile can't timestamp)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUewAMH2rK8

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 6, 2022

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Age gap girl finds out what happens to a lot of men when they hit 40+

AITA for getting mad at my BF for not caring about his health?

quote:

Since the pandemic my (22F) bf (41M) has gained a lot of weight. He went from being healthy to obese. He's now about 105kg and he's quite tall but still. The past year I've been the only one trying to help him get healthy. Try to make him healthy meals and encourage him to exercise. I've been brutally honest when he's slacking because he's asked me to do it. His family on the other hand give him unhealthy snacks whenever we are there and don't take it seriously. I've taken this super serious as he has heart condition that could worsen significantly by unhealthy habits and be irreparable. Lately he turns his parents unhealthy food down but I had to argue with him about it when he was nearly 120kg and kept accepting slice after slice of cake. To me this is sad since he's in risk right now. We don't live with his parents btw.

Well it's been nearly a year since the Dr told him he needs to be under 100kg for his condition. In his defense he's lost some weight the past months but I feel lately he's given up again. Yesterday I encouraged him to buy a cardio machine and he did so I am proud he took that first step. It was so amazing. However, if I'm honest deep down I feel it's going to be another hurdle to get him to use it and it's starting to infuriate me. It's like I try help him over and over, as he's asked, and he isn't trying himself. For example today he ordered pizza for us. In my opinion if you're not where you want to be health wise, you shouldn't be eating unhealthy stuff. He said he took pizza with vegetables which to me, you're just fooling yourself and just the other day he had 3 pieces of cake. I got irritated as I feel I'm the only one who gives a crap about his health and part of me feels he's being very selfish as we've planned a future together and he's not trying enough. I told him that to me when he was nearly 120kg it was scary and I never want it to get to that point and that if he's in a risk category and doesn't care about what he eats to me it looks like an eating disorder or stress eating. I said I don't think he's trying enough. My bf got very sad and said I took it too far and that I'm right but I took it too far and he went silent. AITA

I would like to stress this topic causes me a lot of sadness and anxiety and I've cried over the possible outcomes of him not getting healthy. I love him so much.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

artsy fartsy posted:

Chris I hope I never meet any of these people irl. Op excluded. We can introduce her to non-horrible friends and save her.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Leaving aside the whole "age disproportion :sever: this instant" you cannot fix somebody else's weight. Boyfriend has decided that he's not going to obey his doctor's advice, time to drop it. And him.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Funktastic posted:

Oh yeah that's absolutely trafficking attempt or something real bad.

AITA for serving turtle soup at a dinner?

quote:

Wife and I (both 24) invited 3 couples to a dinner at my home. Asked if anyone is vegetarian or had special dietary requirements. All said no. To get the meal started, we made a big pot of soup. Everybody was excited until I mentioned it was snapping turtle soup. At that point everybody got uneasy and declined. I said they hadn't even tried it. They said they didn't want to.

I was really mad but continued to dinner, which people ate but the mood was off. Eventually I told them I was upset they didn't try the turtle soup but this resulted in a argument to which I was told I was "a fool if I thought anybody likes turtle soup". I then told them party is over and kicked everybody out. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: Apparently turtle soup is "exotic". I had no idea. I need some time to think about it. Thanks for replies.

EDIT2: Okay. So I was away for a few hours and I come back and I have tons of messages including some quite nasty DMs. Let me respond to a few nasty ones first: I do not deserve to die in my sleep tonight. Nor should turtles bite off my penis or be shoved up my anus so I can be eaten from the inside out. As for the ones of support: if you live in the Twelve-Mile Circle, maybe I'll invite you next time I make it. As for my AITA, after overwhelming "I'm the rear end in a top hat" responses, I think I did screw up. I had no idea people considered turtle soup unusual. I already called and told the people I apolgize and I over-reacted because my feelings were hurt.

He's rear end in a top hat for kicking everyone out but emotionally I can understand. I'd love some turtle soup, and it'd suck to spend all this time making food for people to instantly hate it because whoa what the?! It's 'ot pork chicken or beef?!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

value-brand cereal posted:

He's rear end in a top hat for kicking everyone out but emotionally I can understand. I'd love some turtle soup, and it'd suck to spend all this time making food for people to instantly hate it because whoa what the?! It's 'ot pork chicken or beef?!

lmao the guests suck. imagine being such a scaredy-cat that you refuse to even try it, when the issue isn't moral (i.e., nobody had dietary restrictions/preferences), just babbyism

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Hmm I live nearish the 12 mile circle, can I parlay this into delicious free turtle soup?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

Trafficking attempt?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Assuming this is America, I understand people's reservations about eating an animal they've never eaten or probably even seen served in their whole lives.

Part of being a good cook/host is knowing your audience, and if you're springing not just an unusual food but an entirely new species on people, you shouldn't get mad when they don't want to try it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Human Tornada posted:

Assuming this is America, I understand people's reservations about eating an animal they've never eaten or probably even seen served in their whole lives.

Part of being a good cook/host is knowing your audience, and if you're springing not just an unusual food but an entirely new species on people, you shouldn't get mad when they don't want to try it.

lol turtle soup has been widely eaten in america over the years, it's just fallen out of favour outside of sportsman/hillbilly circles

regardless

"argument to which I was told I was "a fool if I thought anybody likes turtle soup"."

is not a cool thing to say to someone who made you dinner. full stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dr. Stab posted:

We can introduce her to non-horrible friends and save her.

:whitewater: