Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darke GBF posted:

Malenia was insane. Most of her stuff is standard learnable patterns that you can dodge, but that waterfowl slash... In something like 40 attempts I didn't fully avoid it once, and I haven't seen a video of anyone taking no damage from it that wasn't partially blocked by a shield. One guy came close and got tagged only once, but that attack is ridiculous.

Think I'm in the home stretch, but I have an item I found in a sewer that can shackle Mohg, who I assume is the unnamed Lord of Blood. I'll be looking for wherever he might be hiding before I set the tree on fire. Miquela also maybe hiding out there? I dunno where, though, there's very little I haven't explored at this point. I don't think I finished Ranni's questline either. I got the ring out of the chest in Rennala's room, and I killed Blaidd, but it must go further than that, surely?

There are in fact either two Mohg’s or one is a projection or something.

As for Ranni’s quest line if you haven’t gone through the teleporter in the north most Three Sister’s tower it continues there. If you have been through there you’re presumably missing a sub area or boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Yardbomb posted:

This one got me real good

Burma shave

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Orv posted:

That one I think is more hidden than hard for the purposes of achievement stats.

Shame because that was one of the most interesting catacomb puzzles, by the end I was being very careful with my potions and even popped one of those fp-restore items.

stev posted:

I have no idea what that is.

Go into the sewers of Leyndall, then get yourself to the bottom of those, easy to compared to most sewer things, and in the back of a big room with some lobsters is a hidden chapel. It's like a dungeon nestled with a sub-dungeon of the big-dungeon (and there's a secret room beyond that even but idk what it's about yet). Anyway won't spoil the dungeon gimmick but definitely go out of your way to get to this place. Also if that weren't enough, the boss of the place guards a talisman that increases your HP, FP, Carry weight, and Poise + 1, meaning there's a lesser version somewheres too. Best talisman I've found so far.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Just got the Moonlight Greatsword. Holy poo poo that boss before you get it two moves that one shot me at 30 vigor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

What spiteful dev put two crucible knights so close to each other on the way to the gargoyle boss. Do either of them drop anything? Or just the goodfeels of making them go away?

Also, gently caress those gargoyles. That AOE is absurd

They drop their weapons IIRC. Fortunately both are totally avoidable on the run to gargoyles. I didn't realize that was what people meant by Crucible Knights lol, don't think I ever fought one as a proper boss. I can see why people hate them, they're on my list of things I kind of cheese with bloodyslash or hoarfrost.

My most feared enemy is still the blood-powered-murder-machines. I'll charge a new boss to it's face, I run up to dragons, I never shy from giants, but gently caress me I will always be running from the murder machines. Only enemy I've encountered and never killed a single one of. I assume there's some gimmic kto kill them easily because even now when I slice them they lose less HP than all bosses.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Khanstant posted:

Steam says only 1.3% of players have defeated Mohg, the Omen. A little surprising because I had no trouble down there yesterday getting summoned or finding summons for him. Maybe just me and 12 other people all beating him same time. ONe of them was someone who had helped me advance in a previous part of pre-dungeon.

I have defeated Shardbearer Mohg, lord of blood, which drops a great rune and was already pretty well hidden (0.4% of players on the Steam achievement). There's another one???

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Go into the sewers of Leyndall, then get yourself to the bottom of those, easy to compared to most sewer things, and in the back of a big room with some lobsters is a hidden chapel. It's like a dungeon nestled with a sub-dungeon of the big-dungeon (and there's a secret room beyond that even but idk what it's about yet). Anyway won't spoil the dungeon gimmick but definitely go out of your way to get to this place. Also if that weren't enough, the boss of the place guards a talisman that increases your HP, FP, Carry weight, and Poise + 1, meaning there's a lesser version somewheres too. Best talisman I've found so far.

the lesser version can actually be one of the very first items you find. it's deep in the fringefolk hero's grave, on a secret path accessed by dropping off that narrow bridge on the chariot run

Orv
May 4, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

I have defeated Shardbearer Mohg, lord of blood, which drops a great rune and was already pretty well hidden (0.4% of players on the Steam achievement). There's another one???

Beneath the capitol.

More precise instructions but still vague; there’s a well in a little side courtyard in the capitol that leads to an extremely large series of interconnected dungeons.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

Beneath the capitol.

More precise instructions but still vague; there’s a well in a little side courtyard in the capitol that leads to an extremely large series of interconnected dungeons.

Haha, it's great how even after beating the game over 90h and discovering tons of hidden areas/bosses on the way, there's still some more I'm yet to discover...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Khanstant posted:

They drop their weapons IIRC. Fortunately both are totally avoidable on the run to gargoyles. I didn't realize that was what people meant by Crucible Knights lol, don't think I ever fought one as a proper boss. I can see why people hate them, they're on my list of things I kind of cheese with bloodyslash or hoarfrost.

My most feared enemy is still the blood-powered-murder-machines. I'll charge a new boss to it's face, I run up to dragons, I never shy from giants, but gently caress me I will always be running from the murder machines. Only enemy I've encountered and never killed a single one of. I assume there's some gimmic kto kill them easily because even now when I slice them they lose less HP than all bosses.

yeah same, I wonder if they're super weak to lightning or some poo poo but yeah, for now I always run past them

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Was stacking bleed rapidly considered when these bosses were made?
this was just as overpowered in ds3 btw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FishMcCool posted:

Oh drat, didn't see him I don't think. Wonder if this shackle works on him too. (actually come to think of it, I bet it does because in this fight it barely constrains him at all, he breaks it pretty quick and i bet the intended order was the other one first)

Oxxidation posted:

the lesser version can actually be one of the very first items you find. it's deep in the fringefolk hero's grave, on a secret path accessed by dropping off that narrow bridge on the chariot run

That's awesome, not sure I even found that shrine at all. The opening area is my least explored region, besides the unmarked ones left (snow and tornado im guessing). Hell I found a new lake liurnia grace yesterday even.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Raya academy is the trolliest dungeon I have seen in my life. Not only did I take a 10 minute detour to the beginning again (thanks for that I guess? Died 4 times to unlock a useless shortcut) but I also got an unexpected visit to turtle pope

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah same, I wonder if they're super weak to lightning or some poo poo but yeah, for now I always run past them

I will say it's a cool design since they know players will run, it has a built in "gently caress you through doorways" chain hook thing. I'm never even mad when it happens, like, you earned it boss, I shoulda rolled to the sid or went serpentine.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
How is it that I am effectively 80 hours into the game, having restarted multiple times for Silly Reasons™, and I am still finding new poo poo in Limgrave

how big is this loving game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hazardousmouse posted:

when they open up to grab you they take way more damage

but mostly I just smash them with my buffed flails

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Raya academy is the trolliest dungeon I have seen in my life. Not only did I take a 10 minute detour to the beginning again (thanks for that I guess? Died 4 times to unlock a useless shortcut) but I also got an unexpected visit to turtle pope

It's kind of weird how small/short it is once you rule out all the circle-backs and dead end nonsense. I was expecting a little more Hogwarts out of the place, moving staircases, painting ghosts, a giant black cat or owl. Instead, just Burger King Mascots with annoying magic missiles, fuckin everywhere.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

How is it that I am effectively 80 hours into the game, having restarted multiple times for Silly Reasons™, and I am still finding new poo poo in Limgrave

how big is this loving game

Xbox hueg.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Orv posted:

Xbox hueg.

Eckbok loev water

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is the whole gimmick of the Ordina evergaol invisible enemies, lol? If so I'm not going to bother with it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Orv posted:

Doesn’t seem to be one.

I think I locked myself out of some items doing it. I killed crab shack guy before he made crabs and now I can’t buy crabs

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Khanstant posted:

Oh drat, didn't see him I don't think. Wonder if this shackle works on him too. (actually come to think of it, I bet it does because in this fight it barely constrains him at all, he breaks it pretty quick and i bet the intended order was the other one first)

In case you need pointers you want to explore the outdoors area that ultimately leads to the Halig Tree.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Frankston posted:

Is the whole gimmick of the Ordina evergaol invisible enemies, lol? If so I'm not going to bother with it.
if it's like the sneaky guy in the sage's cave, there's an item you can get here that lets you see them called sentry torch

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Frankston posted:

Yes. There is quite a lot of content locked behind doing it, but if the evergaol is too bullshit for you it would probably not be to your taste anyway, it only ramps up from there

Orv
May 4, 2011

Frankston posted:

Yes. And extremely lethal archers on the rooftops.

If you want a semi-cheesy guide because it leads to one of the coolest areas and bosses in the game; from the gaol entry (did you know it’s just pronounced jail? goddamn bullshit imo) run and jump straight over the railing, run across the street and jump the banister at the corner of the building. Take that ladder up to candle #1. Couple options from here, my recommendation is a greatbow, manually aimed to knock the two archers (directly N of you and one lower down NW) off the roof where they can’t hurt you. Otherwise run across and kill the northern one in melee and avoid the NE one as you light fire two. Then go backwards, jump on the railing of the balcony with a ladder, jump across - sprint jump - onto the western roof run and get the third fire. The fourth fire is down in the main square in a little pantheon but if you die getting it it’ll still count as having done the other three fires and your souls can be grabbed from the safe overworld each time.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I went through Caria Manor and I feel like I’m missing something… I went through the place, beat the boss and got to the other side with the three sisters towers. Two of them are closed off, and the other has a grace point in it and like nothing else? And there was this dragon that disappeared after I got it to half health. I noticed the open tower was Ranni’s. I think a little of my confusion here comes from knowing there’s this big Ranni side quest, and I don’t want to miss it.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

Yes. And extremely lethal archers on the rooftops.

If you want a semi-cheesy guide because it leads to one of the coolest areas and bosses in the game; from the gaol entry (did you know it’s just pronounced jail? goddamn bullshit imo) run and jump straight over the railing, run across the street and jump the banister at the corner of the building. Take that ladder up to candle #1. Couple options from here, my recommendation is a greatbow, manually aimed to knock the two archers (directly N of you and one lower down NW) off the roof where they can’t hurt you. Otherwise run across and kill the northern one in melee and avoid the NE one as you light fire two. Then go backwards, jump on the railing of the balcony with a ladder, jump across - sprint jump - onto the western roof run and get the third fire. The court fire is down in the main square in a little pantheon but if you die getting it it’ll still count as having fond the other three fires and your souls can be grabbed from the safe overworld each time.

Yeah, I also used the greatbow (Radahn's one in fact) after being shot down on my first "just run" attempt, and it made things trivial. That and the fact that fires stay lit in between attempts, that's pretty generous considering the run in itself isn't that long.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I went through Caria Manor and I feel like I’m missing something… I went through the place, beat the boss and got to the other side with the three sisters towers. Two of them are closed off, and the other has a grace point in it and like nothing else? And there was this dragon that disappeared after I got it to half health. I noticed the open tower was Ranni’s. I think a little of my confusion here comes from knowing there’s this big Ranni side quest, and I don’t want to miss it.

Did you go to the top of the open tower? If you did and there was no one up there do you have the summoning bell?

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Say I'm level 59, about to discover wtf is the deal with the Dectus Lift.
I have a couple Larval Tears, and I want to respec to try dragon incantations.

What should I aim to? An arcane build, with fth/dex to meet requirements? I have the dragonmark seal and a bunch of bleed stuff.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Did you ever rest at night at the first church you find when starting the game? The one with the merchant? I think that's where Ranni first appears to you for a chat, and that might be a requirement for her to be in her tower afterwards.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

FishMcCool posted:

Did you ever rest at night at the first church you find when starting the game? The one with the merchant? I think that's where Ranni first appears to you for a chat, and that might be a requirement for her to be in her tower afterwards.

That’s when you get the summoning bell from her, right? Yeah I’ve done that a long while ago.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's hard to tell what's op in pvp because there's just so much good stuff. My dumbass build isn't even a one hit kill like half of these are. Invaders can really easily blitz the host and win, it's great

Orv
May 4, 2011

Char posted:

Say I'm level 59, about to discover wtf is the deal with the Dectus Lift.
I have a couple Larval Tears, and I want to respec to try dragon incantations.

What should I aim to? An arcane build, with fth/dex to meet requirements? I have the dragonmark seal and a bunch of bleed stuff.

Focus scaling seems to matter most to spell damage in this though stats do still matter. That said frankly the cost:damage on the dragon spells is way way off so I wouldn’t really recommend it.

If you do, Arc>Fth yeah.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

What spiteful dev put two crucible knights so close to each other on the way to the gargoyle boss. Do either of them drop anything? Or just the goodfeels of making them go away?

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao hoarfrost stomp

Ahahahaha where can I find this art of war? I was upgrading the axe cause I couldn't guarantee when I'd find the separate bit. This poo poo is absurd, goes right under their cheating rear end shields

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

That’s when you get the summoning bell from her, right? Yeah I’ve done that a long while ago.

Strange, I think that's all the contact I had with her until I found her at the top of her tower which then kickstarts the quest chain. Maybe try to shift time to night?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I feel no remorse, gently caress those assholes

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Man I wish I had seen the title of this thread before almost finishing the game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Did you go to Radahn yet? If not, then you can progress Blaidd's story to unlock dollface. If you have even been to the radahn festival area, then you are locked from dollface until you kick Starscreams rear end.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hazardousmouse posted:

Ahahahaha where can I find this art of war? I was upgrading the axe cause I couldn't guarantee when I'd find the separate bit. This poo poo is absurd, goes right under their cheating rear end shields

There's an invisible critter in the lake south east of Carian Manor. Go squish it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ahah, the point in which my character loses their mind... talking to a bossy doll.