Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Threadkiller Dog posted:

you expect your own Russian colleagues to fire on you

that's why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1500553480548892679

Russia planning to disconnect from the big scary internet? lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Daztek posted:

Next week they'll be using horses

They already ate them.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jarf posted:

trying to turn into a mega north korea not gonna work well when they've had 30 years of open eyes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jarf posted:

they are going full totalitarianism lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jarf posted:

Godammit where am I gonna watch my old wrestling PPVs now? :argh:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

That seems like a great idea to piss off a whole lot of the population.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

South posted:

Apparently it is. There was a really good twitter thread posted earlier detailing how dire the situation is for the Russians. The Ukrainians have been very good at destroying the supply trucks, especially the fuel trucks. At the 20 second mark of the video you can see old civilian fuel trucks on the train. It's a really bad sign if they are sending those to the front.

Are we taking bets when they're starting an offensive to seal the sack with this ridiculous traffic jam?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Jarf posted:

You can’t fire me, I quit.

Gotta keep that outside of Russia info away. Don’t worry, nobody in Russia will notice a total disconnection for the world, surely they will assume the news is all good.

The sanctions don’t stop when Putin dies. They stop when Putin dies AND there is confidence that the next guy isn’t going to immediately do the same thing.

Since everyone now knows treaties don’t mean poo poo to Russia, it’s their problem to figure out how to convince the west they are acting in good faith.

EDIT: it will be tempting for Russia’s elite to murk Putin and replace him with someone who has all the same policies since they benefit from those. See, the bad man is gone now!

Nieuw Amsterdam fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 6, 2022

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1500482391395254276

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
All rise for the Ukranian national anthem

https://youtu.be/SkkIwO_X4i4

:ukraine:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wonder how all the Russian peeps will family abroad will feel about not being able to Facechat their kids any more

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I saw that and I was going to make some comment in that thread about the curse of Timur's tomb. But this is Japan. Ummm.... Any news about what N. Korea has been up to?

quote:

A warlord and nobleman who controlled a vast swath of Asia during the 14th century, Timur (aka Tamerlane) was renowned as a military tactician whose warfare killed some 17 million people. He was also a celebrated patron of architecture and the arts, however. In 1941, Joseph Stalin sent a team of archaeologists to open Timur's tomb in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, much to the alarm of local residents and Muslim clergy. Upon opening Timur's coffin, the team discovered an inscription: "Whoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." Within a matter of hours, Adolf Hitler's troops invaded Russia; an estimated 26 million people died as a result. In 1942, Stalin ordered Timur's remains to be reinterred back in Samarkand in accordance with Islamic tradition; shortly thereafter, the German army surrendered at Stalingrad, ending their campaign against the Russians.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Tamamo-no-Mae’s whole schtick is that she beguiles and corrupts the rulers of nations and drives them to tyranny and madness lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Chinatown posted:

putin tried to do a thing and instead just poo poo his pants and slipped on a banana peel, landed on his diaper and poo poo exploded everywhere all over him. so total lockdown is the only option from here.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Rarity posted:

I wonder how all the Russian peeps will family abroad will feel about not being able to Facechat their kids any more

how would an autocratic despot try to solve this conundrum?

They could just provide a web form on either side of the Great NovoUSSR Firewall where messages to and from inmatescomrades can be submitted through a (paid) Information Sanitization Service.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Tamamo-no-Mae’s whole schtick is that she beguiles and corrupts the rulers of nations and drives them to tyranny and madness lol

Can Russian Orthodox priests perform the required rituals for banishment or are we going to need a Buddhist monk?

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

putin tried to do a thing and instead just poo poo his pants and slipped on a banana peel, landed on his diaper and poo poo exploded everywhere all over him. so total lockdown is the only option from here.

I mean its possible he and this invasion attempt may go down in history as one of the greatest and most pathetic fails. Doing a Poutain will be something they say when doing space battles at Sirius in a thousand years.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Someone who's good at photoshop add a Z to Rita Repulsa's forehead.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

posting yourself on twitter, with music, shipping a whole train of cars trucks and buses to a combat zone for twitter attention about using these vehicles in combat

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Zil posted:

Can Russian Orthodox priests perform the required rituals for banishment or are we going to need a Buddhist monk?

The traditional Buddhist recitation for exorcising and protecting from demons is just listing the various Buddhas and boddhisatvas and praising them and whatever their deal is so an orthodox priest would certainly refuse to perform it. However there’s quite a few Buddhists in Russia. Big Mongolian population.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Zil posted:

Wouldn't this be more of a Shinto thing?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Has Putin pulled off the mask and actually he was Kim Jong Il all along yet?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GolfHole posted:

only if you're in the background of hamlet

"I've frequently not been on boats."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

However there’s quite a few Buddhists in Russia. Big Mongolian population.

Naw, most ethnic minorities are very small. Buddhists come to like 0.5% of the population.
And the notable Mongolic groups are all super small (even though two have their "own" republics).

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Isn't Putin disconnecting Russia's modem going to mess up all that bitcoin funding the Russian fash are getting

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Grape posted:

Naw, most ethnic minorities are very small. Buddhists come to like 0.5% of the population.
And the notable Mongolic groups are all super small (even though two have their "own" republics).

That’s more than enough to either banish the demon or since most Russian Buddhists are vajrayana, subjugate it to the forces of good.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1500541229670436869

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don't worry tomorrow is going to be worse.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Yes thats the idea behind the noble 8-fold path and four noble truths.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chinatown posted:

I imagine that trying to maintain a NK-style dictatorship over a sixth of the globe's landmass isn't easy to do. Especially if you have an active war going on at the same time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Isn't Putin disconnecting Russia's modem going to mess up all that bitcoin funding the Russian fash are getting

Yes. In theory any ways.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Bitcoin Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Close Your Eyes Haha

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

It’s extremely bad if Russia disconnect from the Internet because they’ve been researching how to destroy undersea Internet cables.

This is very very very very very very very bad.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Yes thats the idea behind the noble 8-fold path and four noble truths.

8-fold path? Eight is too many steps. Six Sigma my dood...we Americans are lazy as poo poo.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

spunkshui posted:

It’s extremely bad if Russia disconnect from the Internet because they’ve been researching how to destroy undersea Internet cables.

It's okay I'm a pro at laying cable

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

It's okay I'm a pro at laying cable

txt me

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I need to upgrade the wiring in my house and running some cat6 cable would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

spunkshui posted:

This is dumb. Nobody needs to research how to do that. You go out where the cable is with a big dredger ship and haul it up and cut it. You have no evidence that Russia is actually planning to destroy undersea telecommunications cables.