Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The real turning point was the introduction of the Royal Jelly plotline, because I'd assume the pharmaceutical branch of Weyland-Yutani makes the billions of dollars compared to the weapons division's millions. You got all sorts of creative poo poo like the infiltrator Xenomorph synths, the posthuman bug cult, all sorts of wacky poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The alien+ predator books were works of art compared to the resident evil books i read

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I hated the whole royal jelly thing, it got rather obnoxious as time went on.

Did laugh at the runner going so fast he ran outside of the track into a wall killing himself.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

The alien+ predator books were works of art compared to the resident evil books i read

you mean novels or comic books?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Milo and POTUS posted:

The irony being that some of them were written by the same person.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Xenomrph posted:

The irony being that some of them were written by the same person.

That doesn't surprise me. It does suggest that there's a lot more you can do with the xenoverse (ugh) than the RE one. I don't think I read very many though.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

That doesn't surprise me. It does suggest that there's a lot more you can do with the xenoverse (ugh) than the RE one. I don't think I read very many though.

are we talking about novels or comic books? I want to engage in this conversation

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Milo and POTUS posted:

In recent years, it has proven to be surprisingly prescient

I would have guessed that way fewer than 35% of Americans would hide a zombie bite. We're supposed to be tougher than that and the good guys. I tell you, the last 6 years has been very disappointing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

are we talking about novels or comic books? I want to engage in this conversation

The novels. I didn't really read comics as a kid for the most part. A few one offs like the _____ VS _____ stuff

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

The novels. I didn't really read comics as a kid for the most part. A few one offs like the _____ VS _____ stuff

I was just busting your balls. I didn't know there were RE novels.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I was not aware of this and didn't see it posted (cross posting from the megathread)

New Alien 5 Movie In Development With Ridley Scott To Produce

quote:

A new Alien 5 film is in development at 20th Century Studios with writer/director Fede Álvarez at the helm and Ridley Scott on board as producer.

Now it's been announced that director Fede Álvarez (Don't Breathe, Evil Dead) will write and direct a new Alien 5 film (via THR), which will not be part of the regular continuity and will feature new characters. Álvarez is a huge fan of the franchise and pitched an idea to Scott years ago, which is now greenlit to move forward. 20th Century Studios' Steve Asbell said that the green light came “purely off the strength of Fede’s pitch," and that "It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before.” The film will debut on Hulu and is said to be "unconnected to the previous movies."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It may have came up in the thread before but I was just looking at my Steam wishlist and saw that Starship Troopers: Terran Command is on it. I just watched some of the videos and it doesn't look too bad. Pretty basic. But the music is great and it's adaptive to the gameplay.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1202130/Starship_Troopers__Terran_Command/

It comes out March 31st and I'll probably be getting it. I've wanted an ST game for a long time.

This awakened long-dormant memories of playing the Starship Troopers map some guy made in StarCraft until my eyes bled and all I could hear was the 30 second loop of the theme song he managed to cram in there

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I was not aware of this and didn't see it posted (cross posting from the megathread)

New Alien 5 Movie In Development With Ridley Scott To Produce

He wrote the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot that appeared on Netflix, so I'm not having high hopes for this already.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Whatever. As long as Ridley Scott stays just a producer, I'm OK with more Alien content. If he at all gets a hold of the reins he'll just try to make some vague tenuous connection to Raised By Wolves and I don't want that.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The Last Call posted:

A bit different, though I could easily see them coming out or going up someones rear end. I can't find any screenshot of them, best I can do is post a page with some of those waspish nest in it:

Aww, lookit these dumb li'l shits.

I've noticed in the last two issues that Larrocca finally figured out how to standardize his xeno tracings beyond pulling a bunch of photos off google and having mixed generations of creature. He bought a highly articulated figure, poses it, and photographs it before filtering/tracing it. I only noticed it because I have the same figure on my desk, and it only stood out because he glaringly recreates the figure's toy-jointed knees/elbows exactly, and the hands in his illustrations never move from the standard unchangable pose. It's this guy:

I mean, I'm not going to NOT read it, though. I'm a sucker.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 7, 2022

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I thought Alien 5 was already happening with sigourney weaver test firing flamethrowers and poo poo

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

zenguitarman posted:

I thought Alien 5 was already happening with sigourney weaver test firing flamethrowers and poo poo

That was the Neil Blomkamp kinda-reboot project and apparently it fell through.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

zenguitarman posted:

There was a bunch of chatter a while ago about Alien 5 when it was going to have Ripley and Hicks in it and be directed by the District 9 guy but apparently ridley scott saw chappie and pulled the plug lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Beet Wagon posted:

There was a bunch of chatter a while ago about Alien 5 when it was going to have Ripley and Hicks in it and be directed by the District 9 guy but apparently ridley scott saw chappie and pulled the plug lol

https://twitter.com/vineyille/status/580036338164039681?lang=en

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Beet Wagon posted:

(In heavy South African accent) I can't do retcons! Retcons is a crimes!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

He wrote the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre reboot that appeared on Netflix, so I'm not having high hopes for this already.

Also directed the new Evil Dead and Don’t Breathe. Whether that constitutes an endorsement or not is up to you.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If anyone's interested, at Wintercon NYC next weekend (March 12/13th)

Q&A with Biehn on Saturday, Q&A with the whole crew listed in the pic on Sunday

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I liked Chappie :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Binary Badger posted:

If anyone's interested, at Wintercon NYC next weekend (March 12/13th)

Q&A with Biehn on Saturday, Q&A with the whole crew listed in the pic on Sunday

Oh poo poo!

Will they be streaming that?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hey, nerds. Here's a nerd who converted his nerdhammer 40k army to have an Aliens (the movie) theme.

https://youtu.be/lC6bRDn9Gu0

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Is that part about Ridley seeing Chappie and killing it true? I would’ve figured he’s respond positively to all the class commentary in the movie.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ruddiger posted:

Is that part about Ridley seeing Chappie and killing it true? I would’ve figured he’s respond positively to all the class commentary in the movie.

Sigourney's role and the writing for it combined with her delivery was a complete nadir for a movie that wasn't all that good as a whole.

Just makes me want to stop watching and go watch Death and the Maiden again.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Binary Badger posted:

Colonial Marines Reunion

Nice. I always had the impression that most of the actors that played colonial marines weren't in many other big productions (except for maybe Jeanette Goldstein). I'm probably just not looking hard enough at background actors. Anyway it surprised me to learn like, last year, that Mark Rolston has been in tons of stuff and I just never recognized him. He's one of the Irish mob enforcers in The Departed.

Beet Wagon posted:

Chappie was really good except for Die Antwoord. I liked their early music but they are both god-awful actors and their inclusion was such shallow self-important poo poo not made worthwhile by the comic relief (OK, the 'stealing daddy's cars' part was pretty funny). We get it Neil, South Africa's image is going through some kind of creative renaissance. You don't have to include everything popular about the country in your movie.

Neil's Alien sequel would have been nifty because he or someone he works with a lot is really obsessed with cool tech and guns. And yeah, if Biehn and Weaver were both on board, that'd be awesome too.

I've said this before, but someone needs to hit Ridley Scott over the head and take away 'his' franchise. Then he can go back to making macaroni pictures just like the other residents of his old folks' home.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mister Speaker posted:

Chappie was really good except for Die Antwoord. I liked their early music but they are both god-awful actors and their inclusion was such shallow self-important poo poo not made worthwhile by the comic relief (OK, the 'stealing daddy's cars' part was pretty funny). We get it Neil, South Africa's image is going through some kind of creative renaissance. You don't have to include everything popular about the country in your movie.
:hai:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Just discovered this floating around.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That watch doesn't look very useful.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Eww, Drake dangling his chicken bones (cock bones?) on Hudson's face. That's nasty.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation..."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ruddiger posted:

Absolutely no idea, but I read it somewhere and it's very funny so I choose to believe it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chappie loving sucks, but I'd like to see an Alien movie by Blomkamp, as long as someone else writes it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’d like to see Blomkamp straight up adapt the comic ‘Aliens: Labyrinth’, the crazy body horror and grimy tech would be right in his wheelhouse.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rascar Capac posted:

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation..."

:golfclap:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Vasquez origin story novel coming:

Spoiler: she has two kids that she was forced to leave behind

https://ew.com/books/aliens-vasquez-new-book-to-reveal-alien-backstory/

I personally am more excited for the inevitable Crowe and Wierzbowski novels

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I hope Vasquez the character is at least partly Jewish. Not saying, just saying.

Also looking forward to my man Wierzbowski being fleshed out a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They’re going to reveal the real Vasquez was killed and replaced before we got to meet her, like Don Draper from Mad Men.