Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Libluini posted:

The download-version apparently makes you pay a couple extra-bucks to get you both PS4 and PS5 versions. It was 69 bucks over here, which gave me a little chuckle. :v:

Anyway, if I ever get a PS5, I now already have 3 games for it! (Besides Elden Ring, two more of my PS4-games come with free PS5-upgrades.)

YOU'RE NOT HELPING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

2022 is the year of fire, the year of destruction...
the year we take back what is ours.
It is the year of rebirth...
the year of great sadness...
the year of pain...
and the year of joy.
It is a new age.
It is the end of history.
It is the year everything changes

Heck yeah

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Replaying Crypt of the Necrodancer this weekend and can confirm it’s still one of the Switch’s best games. :angel:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm glad Triangle Strategy is win and it looks like 2022 is going to be the Year of the Tactical RPG because I am going to go out and get it and the Advance Wars remake :cheersdoge:

There's also this game coming (to PC) at some point, presumably this year:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488200/Symphony_of_War_The_Nephilim_Saga/

Demo was interesting. Would definitely play well on the Switch since it worked without any issue on a gamepad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LuckyCat posted:

Replaying Crypt of the Necrodancer this weekend and can confirm it’s still one of the Switch’s best games. :angel:

I might get it just because of your av.

It's mesmerizing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Definitely need to grab it myself one of these days, especially since it's often on sale for $4 and I'm a sucker for roguelikes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I might get it just because of your av.

It's mesmerizing.

Butts are pretty mesmerizing :yosbutt:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Walla posted:

I forgot about 13 Sentinels. Is it in the eShop yet?

Switch 13 Sentinels doesn't release until April 12.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

man nurse posted:

Paradise Killer is getting a new release with new content on the other platforms. I believe the switch and pc versions that exist will be receiving this update too.

Game fuckin slaps.

Oh gently caress yes.

Time to 100% this game again, on a new platform. :dance:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Read After Burning posted:

Oh gently caress yes.

Time to 100% this game again, on a new platform. :dance:

You’d better believe I’m getting this game yet again on my PlayStation so I can marvel at the updated visuals. Trophies and achievements this time too!

If switch is your only option I still highly recommend this weird rear end game. Open world to explore combined with murder mystery visual novel stuff except it’s completely up to you to interpret whodunit and decide when you have enough evidence to hold trial. And then you have to decide who you will and won’t judge. It’s a fantastic non-linear take on the genre. And the soundtrack slaps hard.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

LuckyCat posted:

It's super good and you can quickly pop through a couple levels here or there anytime.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought this once too and then I thought about it and realized I have played nearly every mainline Kirby game, turns out I love Kirby and always end up getting their games.

that's because they're the best games ever created.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

b_d posted:

that's because they're the best games ever created.
They sure as hell have the best soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e27wGQaAB0

Edit-- god help me, I traded in my Switch and got the OLED version, which idiot me should have done from the start but oh well.

I also got that Mario Kart Live thing on sale, should be fun to harass my cat with it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nintendo updated the NSO mobile app so now it looks nicer and you can see your friends list and who are online and what game they are playing. That’s kinda neat I guess, seems like something that could have been part of it ages ago but I guess COVID probably caused that stuff to be delayed.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

man nurse posted:

You’d better believe I’m getting this game yet again on my PlayStation so I can marvel at the updated visuals. Trophies and achievements this time too!

If switch is your only option I still highly recommend this weird rear end game. Open world to explore combined with murder mystery visual novel stuff except it’s completely up to you to interpret whodunit and decide when you have enough evidence to hold trial. And then you have to decide who you will and won’t judge. It’s a fantastic non-linear take on the genre. And the soundtrack slaps hard.

The concept of finding soundtrack songs as collectibles to add to your in-game playlist is amazing.

My favorite game of 2020, although Bugsnax is a strong second place.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

man nurse posted:

Paradise Killer is what would happen if Famicom Detective Club got drunk and had a love child with the seminal Vaporwave opus Floral Shoppe by Macintosh Plus, and it rules. The (thicc) player character is called Lady Love Dies (born in AD 1000 under the sign of Kiss Me To The Moon), and one of her pals is a skeleton bartender.

Game rules, is what I'm saying.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kirby demo is dope! Can't wait for that game.

On controls, do you roll type A or B? Type B makes B jump and Y attack etc, and B (which is X on a PS4) is what I use to jump in most games, including Mario, so that feels good. But A is good too. Options!

Also I dig that the normal difficulty is called Wild Mode, and Spring Breeze was selected first, so I kinda feel like a badass for going wild mode.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

B naturally.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

B, the other style always felt weird to me in the 3DS games (and they didn’t let you change it there for some odd reason)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 7, 2022

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
B to jump
Y to attack

Its just natural on the controller.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Type B of course.

Kirby games are almost always some of the best games on their systems. Kirby's Adventure is one of the best NES games, Super Star is one of the best SNES games, Crystal Shards is one of the best N64 games, Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland are two of the best Wii games, and so on. So Forgotten Land is going to be one of the best Switch games.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Type B of course.

Kirby games are almost always some of the best games on their systems. Kirby's Adventure is one of the best NES games, Super Star is one of the best SNES games, Crystal Shards is one of the best N64 games, Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland are two of the best Wii games, and so on. So Forgotten Land is going to be one of the best Switch games.

Pinball Land is the best game on the Game Boy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Are there going to be new missions and rewards today? So far, I only saw the recurring 'play a multiplayer game' and 'back up to the cloud' ones.

That cloud backup mission is bullshit; the only way I got it was because a game I hadn't played in 3 years wasn't backed up for some weird reason/error. Otherwise, everything else is either backed up already or doesn't apply (demos, Civ 6, etc)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MassRafTer posted:

Pinball Land is the best game on the Game Boy.

And Pokémon pinball is the best Pokémon game.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm glad that triangle strategy has a demo, because I love how the art looks and videos make it look super like my poo poo, but in playing it I'm not feeling it. No shade to those who are, I'm just not a tactics guy.

I'd love to see a 2d/3d ARPG though, I love the style.

Kirby demo was really fun though...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Every time I want a PS5 I wonder if I should just get the OLED as my second system (first is a Switch normal) and be happier in the long run not playing “serious games”?

I play handheld enough for it to be worth it methinks. I still haven’t seen one in the wild to really woo me over.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

djfooboo posted:

Every time I want a PS5 I wonder if I should just get the OLED as my second system (first is a Switch normal) and be happier in the long run not playing “serious games”?

I play handheld enough for it to be worth it methinks. I still haven’t seen one in the wild to really woo me over.

I mean having a system you don't already own lets you access more games that you wouldn't otherwise be able to play. But hey if you want to avoid "serious" grown up games at all cost (?) I guess get two different switches. I don't really see the purpose there though. Why not just sell the old switch to take the cost out of an OLED model, which is the one you'd want for handheld gaming anyway.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bear in mind, too, that owning a PS5 grants you access to the entire PS4 library of games in addition to all the hot new poo poo. You'd be opening up a whole new world of good games to explore.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bloodborne is one game.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

djfooboo posted:

serious games are only for the serious gamer . . . you are wise to think over your choice. just imagine: you're feeling carefree, loose, light like a cloud, like mario triple jumping, yahoo. but what's that greeting you? a playstation 5. the world turns sepia and you age 400 years. you don't remember what it's like to laugh anymore. waaa.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I still don't know anyone who owns a PS5.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Waffle! posted:

got one here, and the series x, and the switch. life is good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

External Organs posted:

I'd love to see a 2d/3d ARPG though, I love the style.

You're looking for the Ys series. I'm not sure which games are on the Switch, if any.

Waffle! posted:

I have one but only a couple of games on it (and they all have PS4 versions). I play more games on my Switch tbh.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

man nurse posted:

Bear in mind, too, that owning a PS5 grants you access to the entire PS4 library of games in addition to all the hot new poo poo. You'd be opening up a whole new world of good games to explore.

If they already own a PS4 then I don't think it's worth trying to get a PS5 currently

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Willo567 posted:

If they already own a PS4 then I don't think it's worth trying to get a PS5 currently

i do cos the drives on the ps4 are absolute dogshit slow and any model ps4 sounds like a jet engine playing games

plus returnal/demons souls remake are cool

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waffle! posted:

I had both one and a Series X but sold them both. They're both cool, especially the X imo due to the impressive backwards compatibility, but I just didn't play them nearly as much as my Switch. I'm planning on getting a new computer soon and that should cover everything I'm interested in that isn't on Switch.

I didn't like the Demon Souls Remake. It is technically super impressive but the new art direction went against the intended feel of scenes so many times to me that it was comical.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 7, 2022

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

My coworker had a PS5 and I was surprised but it turns out his friend got both it and the newest XBox around the same time and 'cause there weren't any PS5 games he loaned it to my friend.

We then proceeded to play Tetris Effect on my Switch.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've gotten a fair amount of mileage out of my PS5. Sure, there are plenty of games that are also on PS4, but we're reaching the point where there are some games that are for both PS4 and PS5 that can run real rough on PS4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine if the switch had a laptop hdd in it :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

My PS4 still functions! (Like Megatron said in '86)

I want all the consoles, I gotta cook up some kind of heist. But we got Kirby coming. That'll keep me out of trouble.