Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

not dying while driving across a bridge and drinking contaminated water are some of my personal aspirations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Who can afford student debt cancellation when we have defense contractors to fund?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://twitter.com/cityafreaks/status/1500338944399097865?cxt=HHwWkoC--cOUo9IpAAAA

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/JYforeal/status/1500141800119492620?t=gkanY-tAux4nwch3atHukg&s=19

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

which gundam movies are good and are they all taking place in the UC or what

thunderbolt gundam december sky, char's counter-attack, hathaway, and f91 are the good films and they are all UC

oh also endless waltz is AC but technically it was an ova first so that doesnt count........................

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

I have a soft spot for social democrats e.g. Bernie, Corbyn, Adolf Hitler.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:hmmyes:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WorkerThread posted:

not dying while driving across a bridge and drinking contaminated water are some of my personal aspirations

lol bad news, friend

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stairmaster posted:

thunderbolt gundam december sky, char's counter-attack, hathaway, and f91 are the good films and they are all UC

oh also endless waltz is AC but technically it was an ova first so that doesnt count........................

nerd alert

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/peterhotez/status/1500459270327914499?s=21

https://twitter.com/reneecallier/status/1500465169352302597?s=21

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
this summer is gonna look like sodom and Gomorrah in the west with this open Biden poo poo

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I know it's arbitrary and ghoulish but a part of me wants to crack that 7 figgies

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

smug jeebus posted:

I know it's arbitrary and ghoulish but a part of me wants to crack that 7 figgies

give it a couple of weeks

for the first million :getin:

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Fact check: this isn't money that we could use to treat people with cancer because our political system makes spending money on cancer treatment impossible, so your criticism of firing the money into wedding parties doesn't make sense

Fact check: if you die from a missile strike you didn't die from cancer which counts as curing cancer

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

*looks at thread title*

This is now Joe Diamond Joe Quimby's theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOfIl23Areo

BOOM hows that for a nerd alert

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

:D

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

gradenko_2000 posted:

Continuing my watch-through of Apple TV's The Morning Show, and this current episode is in Feb 2020, just after Bernie wins the Nevada caucus, and I'm getting all emotional

Remember what it was like to have some kind of hope?

Like when I was 5.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

smug jeebus posted:

There's no way we haven't cracked that by now if not months ago

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Ostiosis posted:

There's no way we haven't cracked that by now if not months ago
Reminder that the CDC changed reporting requirements so that Biden could declare the plague over in the SotU.

It’s already happened for sure.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Also mega-lol at the bad thread declaring that no one REALLY works from home - Biden said so! - in a forum of computer touchers. Lived experience?? sounds like 20 Pinocchios to me.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1500588553226670091?s=20&t=ypZShaGuM1eCiCQUTUl-wA

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AmiYumi posted:

Also mega-lol at the bad thread declaring that no one REALLY works from home - Biden said so! - in a forum of computer touchers. Lived experience?? sounds like 20 Pinocchios to me.

That’s a mind boggling big brained conclusion to come to. How do you even square that with reality?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess the tree of liberty must be refreshed by the blood of patriots afterall.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

die gloriously, or else...

Internet Poster
Nov 1, 2020

the tree of disadvantaged communities must be refreshed with the businesses of pell grant recipients

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That’s a mind boggling big brained conclusion to come to. How do you even square that with reality?

very carefully

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Continuing my watch-through of Apple TV's The Morning Show, and this current episode is in Feb 2020, just after Bernie wins the Nevada caucus, and I'm getting all emotional

Remember what it was like to have some kind of hope?

To me I feel like the final nail in the coffin was AOC fully crossing over. Her "present" vote on Palestine had me leave any doubt in my mind.

Even Jacobin has turned on her: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/02/the-end-of-the-aoc-honeymoon

Rashida Tlaib is the only member of the squad that didn't end up being a complete disappointment, and by that I mean that she is only mostly a disappointment, but actually ends up doing things that makes her recognizably better than the average Democrat.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:five:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

To me I feel like the final nail in the coffin was AOC fully crossing over. Her "present" vote on Palestine had me leave any doubt in my mind.

Even Jacobin has turned on her: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/02/the-end-of-the-aoc-honeymoon

Rashida Tlaib is the only member of the squad that didn't end up being a complete disappointment, and by that I mean that she is only mostly a disappointment, but actually ends up doing things that makes her recognizably better than the average Democrat.

what did Ilhan Omar do?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
My unofficial position on AOC since Bernie 2020 imploded has been agnostic. I would have accepted any good news I can get from her, while remaining generally guarded and not eager to coronate her as the leader of the progressive movement. (The red flag is this is how I felt about Warren for between 2016 and 2019.)

Her TAX THE RICH dress tested or already broke this position, because it showcased her trying to find some sort of cultural loophole to mingle with rich liberals. But now I just see AOC as mostly irrelevant more than bad. (She probably doesn't mind being just another Dem backbencher for now... but what a waste.)

I was curious about the Jacobin piece, but not willing to find a way past that paywall.

I'm still holding out hope for Tlaib. Maybe I've cargo culted her booing Hillary too much. I still think if Tlaib seeks a larger public profile (like claiming to be Bernie's political heir or even a leader of a vague vanguard, progressive left), her only option is burn some bridges with the Dem leadership and the liberal blob in ways Bernie wasn't willing to. I was disappointed with her SOTU response for being too accommodating for Biden, but liberals hated it anyway for simply existing. But I don't think Tlaib wants to seek this disruptive path to more political relevance.

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 00:02 on Mar 7, 2022

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Internet Poster posted:

the tree of disadvantaged communities must be refreshed with the businesses of pell grant recipients

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

Roasted in the QT

https://twitter.com/leaky1230/status/1500601055792541697

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Cloks posted:

what did Ilhan Omar do?

she tweeted that old "israel has hypnotized the world" nonsense, very old-timey antisemitism

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

tan pantsuit

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

tan pantsuit

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1500601116047953923

do something

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I was out getting signatures for Alexandra Hunt in Philly today and someone said to me they aren't a Democrat because "I'm not a communist". Americans don't really know the correct reasons to hate the party because--and this is just a theory but stick with me on this--America might just be dumb as poo poo.

Of course, I was the dumbest one for getting signatures for a Democrat.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

We should have a secret signal to each other so we can identify fellow cspam posters when they put is all in concentankie camps

brb getting a nojoe tattoo on my neck

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

*per prescription, if you have insurance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

skipmyseashells posted:

this summer is gonna look like sodom and Gomorrah in the west with this open Biden poo poo

jill biden glances back, gets turned into a pillar of salt

oh, excuse me, DOCTOR pillar of salt