Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

how is that spell different than pretty much any homing soul mass lol

It stays in the place where you cast it rather than hovering around your character, so you can set up several in different locations while moving around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

that's crazy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Lands Between just keep going. My god.

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010
Just found my first tunnel hidden underneath an illusionary floor and now I'm wondering how many of those I've just walked past lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just realized I still haven't seen anything that inflicts the sleep status effect on me lol

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Manage to bumble my way to the capital but they won't let me in without more greater runes.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how every single mine dungeon I've seen so far has an area like 2-2 of demon souls where you can jump down a shaft for some bonus loot and it's way less tedious now that you can actually jump. I've had multiple side quests telling me to go to the festival but roundtable told me to head to the capitol. I wasn't sure where to head to first so I went with the capitol. As soon as I found the map I headed straight for the nearest mine and managed to end up at a hidden divine tower. Not quite as crazy as the mine I went to that had 3 separate grace points leading me to a cool dragon fight and a secret back door into the capitol region that doesn't require taking the grand lift.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

goferchan posted:

Just realized I still haven't seen anything that inflicts the sleep status effect on me lol

Don't let the giant crab spit on you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol I'm just now exploring stormveil castle and I'm fine with that. I've just accepted that this is a multi month long game

I'll be playing for like 5 years, probably. even if I suddenly get 100 hours I'm just going to want to make a new character. I think this is just my permanent secondary game

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

so if there a DLC it's got to be about the aliens, right? it's crazy how little prominence radahn single handedly holding back alien hellbeasts from falling to earth has been given inside the main plot, they have to be building this to something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

got the magma wyrm's scale sword and I have a new favourite weapon. Then I went to the following area and got scared and ran away because I'm nowhere close to being done with Liurnia or really any of the main quest in it. Then I went into a big manor and it's scary too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Dignity posted:

so if there a DLC it's got to be about the aliens, right? it's crazy how little prominence radahn single handedly holding back alien hellbeasts from falling to earth has been given inside the main plot, they have to be building this to something

did you beat the game yet? cuz (lore spoiler, maybe final boss spoiler) the source of all magic, including the Elden Ring and associated runes, are from the stars. the only things native are the Greater Will and the fire giants lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

did you beat the game yet? cuz (lore spoiler, maybe final boss spoiler) the source of all magic, including the Elden Ring and associated runes, are from the stars. the only things native are the Greater Will and the fire giants lol

Are we sure the Greater Will is even native? I got the impression it was another outer god-type thing that just happened to land here first

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

It seems I still have much to experience O_O

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Harrow posted:

Are we sure the Greater Will is even native? I got the impression it was another outer god-type thing that just happened to land here first

Yeah this is correct I don't remember off the top of my head which incantation it is, but the description for it specifically says the greater will sent the elden beast to the lands between to create the elden ring

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They should have kept Sekiro rules and give just put you back on the ledge and lose like 40% go when you take a lethal fall

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ghosthotel posted:

Yeah this is correct I don't remember off the top of my head which incantation it is, but the description for it specifically says the greater will sent the elden beast to the lands between to create the elden ring

Oh yeah, I found it, it's Elden Stars.

It says: "It is said that long ago, the Greater Will sent a golden star bearing a beast into the Lands Between, which would later become the Elden Ring."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

holy poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

posting in hopes of iz magic as I’ve been banging my head against this stupid double abductor maiden boss fight for like an hour

finally killed these assholes in the cheapest way imaginable, but fromsoft definitely intended it as an option so I don’t feel bad

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

buffalo all day posted:

finally killed these assholes in the cheapest way imaginable, but fromsoft definitely intended it as an option so I don’t feel bad

did you make them swim? i wasn't able to lol they would just stop moving

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Orange DeviI posted:

did you make them swim? i wasn't able to lol they would just stop moving

Lol no I walked in and ran and jumped onto the rock on the right hand side that’s just above them and just tossed my base level flame spell at them until they died. Had to periodically roll when the scythe guy threw at me but once he went down the wheel guy couldn’t do poo poo to me

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
ahh I just bashed my face into them for an hour and then eventually won, but then I forgot about the zone and never went back until 50 levels later

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

herculon posted:

You talking about the broken needle drop you get after defeating Commander O’Neil?
No there's a point after that in the questline where, if you have a key item early, you'll basically be yelling at the screen when it just doesn't come up in conversation

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was tricky getting my twin blade to +7 for Godrick as I'd wasted some early stones on weapons that didn't pan out. But post Godrick found a cave flooded with SS3 and then one right after up a cliff riddled with SS4 so I suddenly jumped to +13 within the space of an hour lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

lol I did that fight yesterday and hated it too. I generally don't like the "remember this boss from earlier? Well, now there's too of them" bosses, it's one of my only real complaints about the game. At least they mix it up by making it two variants of the same guy, but still.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I found one duo boss before finding the individual mobs and remember thinking ‘wow those mobs suck hope I don’t see them again’

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Elden dang na bangus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Me coveting D's armour every time I meet him

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Me coveting D's armour every time I meet him

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Beat my first Ceucible Knight legit simply by becoming a parry god. Feels pretty good. Good rear end fight. Now currently stuck on the atrocious Royal Revenant basement encounter

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
just found a dungeon with a secret wall that leads to a teleport chest that takes you to a nearly identical copy of the same dungeon with harder enemies and extra items. this game is ridiculous

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Emmy wants the D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I did a lot today, finished Ranni’s questline which was awesome, the last boss of it was insane looking but kind of easy. Also kicked Rykard’s rear end and made my way through the capital until I got to Godfrey who was one of the easiest bosses I’ve ever seen. The capital is insanely cool looking

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

made my way through the capital until I got to Godfrey who was one of the easiest bosses I’ve ever seen.

the mounted guy at the gate outside is harder than him lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Man finally finding a somber smithing stone 2 when I had the next few tiers already. Just unleashing on every enemy in my path.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morgott was kind of easy too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Morgott was kind of easy too?

i didnt lose to another story boss until the last one which i still havent beatdn