Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/whitefeeIings/status/1500582314358689792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh nooo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

yeah baroness nicholson is like an entry-level terf to run afoul of. i'm now advocating critical support for the dipshit snl writer, who is my comrade.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

We're witnessing a galaxy brain progression of takes be deployed in real time, and with each iteration it makes it harder to tell parody from reality

Cael has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Mar 7, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cael posted:

We're witnessing a galaxy brain progression of takes be deployed in real time, and with each iteration it makes it harder to tell parody from reality

i remember laughing at people who didn't get joekeskold but this dude is beyond me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So I think all of the "bad guys" in the batman were white and all of the "good guys" besides batman were multiracial. Which is interesting when combined with the themes of the movie.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

Fred armisen is barely funny

he's passable for that sort of aging gen-x liberal type: not very funny himself, not obnoxiously grating, and generally a fairly sharp and talented guy outside of trying to be funny. portlandia had some amusing skits for it's time; not much laugh-out-loud but still a lot of good sensible chuckles. although it has aged generally poorly. as a west coaster with a love/hate for portland, it was often sometimes accurate for that period but it didn't last very long for a number of reasons

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Xaris posted:

he's passable for that sort of aging gen-x liberal type: not very funny himself, not obnoxiously grating, and generally a fairly sharp and talented guy outside of trying to be funny. portlandia had some amusing skits for it's time; not much laugh-out-loud but still a lot of good sensible chuckles. although it has aged generally poorly. as a west coaster with a love/hate for portland, it was often sometimes accurate for that period but it didn't last very long for a number of reasons

A lot of the “lol hipsters” portlandia sendups dried out over time as they became the washed-up npr libs who dominate the pnw status quo. The Californians SNL bit is still funny though.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
You guys have summed up Fred Armisen pretty well for me. The idea of him needing to be more of a dedicated actor than a comic one makes a lot of sense.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

People around my age, early-mid-30's, seem to go nuts with anger about Pete Davidson when he's mentioned. Like he's this horrible new young person on SNL that just burst on the scene last week who they can't stand and they don't understand why he's famous. Dude is 28, he's been on SNL longer than either Will Ferrell or Mike Myers was.

Pete Davidson is not handsome and looks like a kid from next door who got a bunch of badly-drawn tattoos. Despite not being obviously gifted, he has gotten to have sex with Kate Beckinsdale and Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian and seems to have a ton of fun while not working particularly hard. He's not even particularly mean or arrogant so you can't really speculate that he's secretly unhappy.

Tons of men are insanely jealous of him and, to me, it makes his everyday existence way more hilarious than anything he has actually been involved in artistically. He's a walking trollface.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he’s not handsome to straight men. Pete Davidson Types are plenty of women’s favorite kind of dude, the bad tattoos are part of what they like

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eric Cantonese posted:

Despite not being obviously gifted, he has gotten to have sex with Kate Beckinsdale and Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian and seems to have a ton of fun while not working particularly hard.

I actually hosed them first

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I actually hosed them first

I’m a big admirer of your work, Ray-J. Please give my love to Brandy.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

pete davidson looks like an nft ape, shame on women for finding him attractive but not me

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

indigi posted:

he’s not handsome to straight men. Pete Davidson Types are plenty of women’s favorite kind of dude, the bad tattoos are part of what they like

Year he's got that whole dying-of-consumption-look that people who are a bit to much into wuthering heights love

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i watched a neat show on netflix last year called nevertheless that as part of its premise noted that the casanova style ladies man tends to not be liked by other guys at all because without the sexual magnetism element were far more likely to notice the toxic aspects of such a persons personality and just not want to deal with them socially

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

indigi posted:

Mantis42 posted:

pete davidson looks like an nft ape, shame on women for finding him attractive but not me

I hate whores, except when they're into me. Then they're awesome.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

TURN IT OFF! posted:

Year he's got that whole dying-of-consumption-look that people who are a bit to much into wuthering heights love

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TURN IT OFF! posted:

let's not say things we can't take back about nicole kidman in moulin rouge

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eric Cantonese posted:

I hate whores, except when they're into me. Then they're awesome.

I just think that dudes rock.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

TURN IT OFF! posted:

You joke, but TB has influenced our hosed-up beauty standards.

https://hyperallergic.com/415421/consumptive-chic-a-history-of-beaty-fashion-disease/

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUkV0PmO40&t=6s

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
pete davidson reveals the awful truth that if you're a skinny guy with kind of an interesting look you will do fine

fat boring guys are left fuming by the revelation

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Petes is just an addict. That old dude running snl is super old and prob sees something in the loser at this point of his life. This is the explanation of pete.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Femur posted:

Petes is just an addict. That old dude running snl is super old and prob sees something in the loser at this point of his life. This is the explanation of pete.

Casey Finnigan posted:

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Hes doing the self depreciation stuff that endears woody allen to these same women.

Femur has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Mar 7, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

not my fault that i value the pleasure of a good meal over that of the women... you want me to look like adam driver well i want you to outcompete a shamrock shake....

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Femur posted:

Hes oing the self depreciation stuff that endears woody allen to these samr women.

remember when woody allen hosed the most famous woman in the world that's twice his age

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

pete davidson reveals the awful truth that if you're a skinny guy with kind of an interesting look you will do fine

Fat guys bang hard as hell because we know you gotta have something under the hood to back up a charming sense of humor, and all every hot woman secretly wants is a partner who won’t judge them for eating onion rings and watching cartoons all day. There’s a reason it’s not just a staple of movies and TV but also a pattern you’ve seen play out IRL dozens of times.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

remember when woody allen hosed the most famous woman in the world that's twice his age

woody allen hosed the queen of england?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Some Guy TT posted:

Fat guys bang hard as hell because we know you gotta have something under the hood to back up a charming sense of humor, and all every hot woman secretly wants is a partner who won’t judge them for eating onion rings and watching cartoons all day. There’s a reason it’s not just a staple of movies and TV but also a pattern you’ve seen play out IRL dozens of times.

sure sure but fat guys don't go around being casanova

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
butthole eyes

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

I've never seen this in real life, but I live in a blue state hellhole.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

thread title plz

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the fat people were astonished at his doctrine

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Why are fat guys talked about like they're the exception, when fat people are like the biggest majority group in the US? The last time America had a majority like that was white people in 1990.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Why are fat guys talked about like they're the exception, when fat people are like the biggest majority group in the US? The last time America had a majority like that was white people in 1990.

you could say they've got a real sense of solidarity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I’ve seen this dude do standup and he is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy