Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Bungie putting up names for symbols when you ADS them... it's like they are frustratingly close to getting the point

Looking forward to running it when contest mode is turned off later today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/t7glad/found_a_wish_wall_stylecode_in_the_vow_of_the/

Well, this is going to be interesting seeing this unfold. Again.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I've updated my effortpost if you want to update the OP

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I love absolutely everything about the design of the final raid boss, smug-rear end anime motherfucker who very clearly couldn't give the smallest poo poo about you until you force him to pay attention. Shooting him doesn't even start the fight! He spends half the approach phase hovering in range completely ignoring all incidental attacks watching you shoot psions like he's watching animals at the goddamn zoo

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bungie putting up names for symbols when you ADS them... it's like they are frustratingly close to getting the point

Looking forward to running it when contest mode is turned off later today

It gets turned off Monday actually, they extended the contest 24 hours

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Roctavian posted:

It gets turned off Monday actually, they extended the contest 24 hours

Understandable considering the launch was a shitshow

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Meiteron posted:

I love absolutely everything about the design of the final raid boss, smug-rear end anime motherfucker who very clearly couldn't give the smallest poo poo about you until you force him to pay attention. Shooting him doesn't even start the fight! He spends half the approach phase hovering in range completely ignoring all incidental attacks watching you shoot psions like he's watching animals at the goddamn zoo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Have they announced who got world's first? I know just on initial times Datto was 2nd but there are allegations that the 1st person team (possibly inadvertently) used someone else's checkpoint to skip a jumping puzzle.

I guess with all the crashes the telemetry is probably so hosed it's hard to tell.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Have they announced who got world's first? I know just on initial times Datto was 2nd but there are allegations that the 1st person team (possibly inadvertently) used someone else's checkpoint to skip a jumping puzzle.

I guess with all the crashes the telemetry is probably so hosed it's hard to tell.

The checkpoint-grabbers were formally awarded the win

They didn't skip any content; they got through a jumping section, started a new encounter, got booted, and didn't have the checkpoint for the new encounter and had to make a choice

-Redo the jumping puzzle
-Risk it for the biscuit and nab somebody else's checkpoint for the encounter they had made it to

Bungie says that if the whole fireteam leaves the raid, they're disqualified from WF. However, just about every fireteam under the sun got booted to orbit at least once, so they decided to just give the W to whoever beat the boss first

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If it was the same team of 6 people using their own checkpoint then who cares?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

If it was the same team of 6 people using their own checkpoint then who cares?

The 6 raiders grabbed a checkpoint from a 7th player, under the assumption that it would be OK to break the rules given the circumstances

It was a gamble, but it paid off!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I believe Clan Redeem’s run was certified which makes them back to back winners

edit- Elysium; wrong clan but right wins

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 6, 2022

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I believe Clan Redeem’s run was certified which makes them back to back winners

Clan Elysium, who did win D2 VoG Wf

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

What, no, Redeem sucks major bee-hind. Also the new raid guns are ugly as sin.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Their weird healing intrinsic looks like it could be useful though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Their weird healing intrinsic looks like it could be useful though.

Apparently it's a bit of a wet fart. A whole magazine only gives back about ten per cent.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
My gang and I have cleared the raid. It was a very hard boss, but a very fun boss.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are any intrinsic perks terribly useful besides the veist one?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hopefully someone puts together a decent guide for this raid because the symbology went way over my head.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Hopefully someone puts together a decent guide for this raid because the symbology went way over my head.

For what it's worth, only the very first encounter takes it to a ridiculous extent, the rest of the raid isn't as bad. Second encounter is literally 'run and pick up a symbol of your choosing, then shoot that same symbol on the obelisk when your name is called out', and the remaining encounters are basically 'use the one symbol that is visible to both left and right groups'

It's probably a good thing that consoles support text chat now, as that makes it much easier, you can just text what you see. Ever since last wish, text chat has been a big help

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

My gang and I have cleared the raid. It was a very hard boss, but a very fun boss.

Don't tell my mum i joined a gang.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is grasp of avarice easily doable alone? I gave it a go earlier and got what looks like about halfway (just before the ogre boss) but stuff was hitting a bit harder than they generally seem to in general content I have been doing, I did the post raid unlock quest earlier for example and that was pretty easy, seemed to recommend a 1540 power level but I'm not sure if that's like... just because that's what I happened to be at.

For Grasp though, all the guides recommend loadouts I don't have or that don't exist anymore cause it was on the old season artifact (don't have the sleeper simulant catalyst which they all recommend for the bosses just as one example) but I figured those'd be for like crazy optimised trying to do it as fast as possible runs or something. Like I said stuff was hitting hard but I was doing fine it seemed, I would have kept going but it kicked me back to orbit cause I was idle for so long and I was annoyed so I called it but I just wanna know if it would have gotten worse later without the simulant catalyst or a similar crazy good weapon?

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 6, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Republicans posted:

I think Land Tank is pretty strong!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Republicans posted:

Bust pointed this out but yeah Land Tank is insanely good. Apparently at x3 it's 15% damage reduction. Which is extremely powerful. Damage reduction on a percentage always scales real quick.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

Is grasp of avarice easily doable alone? I gave it a go earlier and got what looks like about halfway (just before the ogre boss) but stuff was hitting a bit harder than they generally seem to in general content I have been doing, I did the post raid unlock quest earlier for example and that was pretty easy, seemed to recommend a 1540 power level but I'm not sure if that's like... just because that's what I happened to be at.

For Grasp though, all the guides recommend loadouts I don't have or that don't exist anymore cause it was on the old season artifact (don't have the sleeper simulant catalyst which they all recommend for the bosses just as one example) but I figured those'd be for like crazy optimised trying to do it as fast as possible runs or something. Like I said stuff was hitting hard but I was doing fine it seemed, I would have kept going but it kicked me back to orbit cause I was idle for so long and I was annoyed so I called it but I just wanna know if it would have gotten worse later without the simulant catalyst or a similar crazy good weapon?

Doable Yes, Easily No.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svdTp1vpls

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Republicans posted:

Land Tank is good and the Iron Banner one looks like it’ll be a lot of fun (in Iron Banner)

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Republicans posted:

omolon fluid dynamics is specifically good on snorri with reservoir burst and stats for all/compulsive reloader

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'm looking forward to what new intrinsic perks will be. IKELOS, Seventh Seraph, the Scathelock/Shepherd's style guns, return of the Black Armoury. It really would help differentiate otherwise identical weapons beyond perk pools and design.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Republicans posted:

My ranking based on personal play:

Hardly notice: Suros, Crucible

Mildly useful: Hakke (very situational), Gambit

Good: Omolon (certain weapons, like FRs, are more useful than others), Vanguard (good backup when Devour isn't running, probably great on non-devour builds)

Great: Veist (just keep shooting), Land Tank (15% resist is surprisingly good), psychohack (damage reduction also great).

Unknown: Trials, Nightfall, Iron Banner, Fallen (could tie into IB, given their weapons come from there), Other Foundries (Tex Mechanica, Nadir, Daito)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Bust Rodd posted:

I think Land Tank is pretty strong!

Confirm this, final raid boss left me on a sliver on health thanks to land tank x 3 :smug:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Some PvP people seem to really like the Suros trait for the flinch resistance it gives.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The preservation mission is great. Absolutely fantasic. Literally everything I have been hoping for in a Destiny release. My soul can finally leave my body.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The preservation mission is great. Absolutely fantasic. Literally everything I have been hoping for in a Destiny release. My soul can finally leave my body.

If you really enjoyed it a lot, allow me to tell you about this new raid they have in game.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Bobby Deluxe posted:

How hard are the various exotic missions? I'm at 1535 or so after the legendary campaign, and most of the exotic quests are 1550 (except for parasite which I did yesterday).

That doesn't seem bad compared to the locked campaign difficulty, but in previous seasons I've found stuff like LLS an exercise in frustration until I'm at least at the powerful cap.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Vox is fine at 1535 in a team of 3 at the same level, I wouldn't want to be trying to solo at that level though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Snatched a Contest Mode completion from a pickup group made out of the shattered remains of several other groups.

First encounter is cool and fun. Less cool and fun when it kicks you to orbit repeatedly.

Second encounter is a tolerable combat puzzle. Memorizing all of the symbols is hardly necessary - it's not like Last Wish where each symbol actually means something, they're just directions for the area. It's not hard to figure out that the Red Square symbol showing up means you need to go into the Red Square building.

Third encounter can go gently caress itself forever. Not only does it randomly bug out deaths and send you to the entrance of the area (effectively guaranteeing a wipe), but we encountered a bug where we killed him... and it didn't loving count! FOUR TIMES! I'm sure it'll be much more tolerable when the DPS race isn't a Contest Mode Nightmare, but that was loving heartbreaking.

Fourth encounter is "that one". It's calvinball chaos that's going to be clusterfuck regardless of how many times you've run it before.

The jumping puzzle that goes here would have been a lot more enjoyable if it had... y'know, worked. The platforms leading to the final approach never spawned, so we relied on extreme jump tech to get around that.

Final encounter is novel and will be a fun fight instead of a miserable slog once Contest Mode fucks off.

Overall thoughts: Hideously buggy launch left a bad taste in my mouth, but I look forward to running Vow frequently (especially if I can bully the guns into having the perks I want via crafting instead of grinding RNG).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The triumphs reference a Master difficulty of the raid, but the api suggests no Adept Weapons or Artifice Armor

I'm guessing Master will drop redframe weapons more often + stat-focused armor

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They really need to introduce another source of Artifice armor because you could kind of get away without it last season but for Min/Maxing this season being able to just throw any extra point of mod energy into a Font of Might is gonna be really noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elerion
May 31, 2011
The biggest offender in PVE is the chest. Being able to have an additional resist mod that catches more than half of incoming damage is an absolutely nutty advantage.