Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Batman - good but insanely long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joker: I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THE BATMAN IS A BITCHASS MOTHERFUCKER

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Brent crude hit 140 as soon as Asian markets opened and gas is already almost 4$ in SC—poo poo’s about to go off the rails.

Diesel is up to 5$ too so :rip: to all the coal rolling teenage dipshits.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I should have known there was more behind this interview-
https://twitter.com/pattinsonphotos/status/1497699240880979968

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

That’s my thoughts.

Cool at least they’ll never figure out how to make this part of the rest of the DCEU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Brent crude hit 140 as soon as Asian markets opened and gas is already almost 4$ in SC—poo poo’s about to go off the rails.

Chicago always has high prices, but I saw two gas stations at $4.79 today for regular unleaded. Diesel is over $5.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

All the gas stations near me in Phoenix are at $3.99 a gallon, just waiting for the first to put it above $4 so they can as well.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I guess this week’s meal prepping theme is Asian. I’m finishing up a big batch of Japanese chicken curry over rice for the week’s lunch and will be making my first attempt at Mapo Tofu tomorrow for the week’s dinners. While at the grocery store looking for butt-burning Mapo Tofu ingredients I saw a bunch of instant Korean Topokki rice cake packs so I got a spicy one and hot dang these are good.

LeeMajors posted:

Me, who bought a TDI Golf back in 2019 for the fuel mileage and is likely expected to be in the office every day soon with a decent commute: :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Made even longer by the women next to me at the theatre never shutting the gently caress up and one of them putting filters on her selfies for drat near 3 hours.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Chicago always has high prices, but I saw two gas stations at $4.79 today for regular unleaded. Diesel is over $5.

I just paid $5.29

I am becoming the Joker

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

CannonFodder posted:

In less gloom and doom news, let's return to the thread's roots.

I went to a Korean fried chicken place today.

So good, crispy and spicy, and cost the same as a 4 tender snack from Chester's.

Korean fried chicken the best fried chicken

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

Made even longer by the women next to me at the theatre never shutting the gently caress up and one of them putting filters on her selfies for drat near 3 hours.

I was in a movie one time and someone behind me was on an iPad with the key clicks and message send/receive sounds on for 2 hours. I needed to swallow my Britishness and go tell the staff to remove the fucker in retrospect.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I know here in Louisville the reasoning for coming back is so that the local restaurants downtown can survive, plus that sweet parking garage money the city wants

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Pre Covid I was working at an office in Cambridge MA and all the shopping mall near by was converting one of its floors into more office space. I can only imagine it is a ghost town there now, it was starting to have a lot of empty stores before 2020.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

I just paid $5.29

I am becoming the Joker

thanks biden :v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can't believe the Democrats voted to raise gas prices smdh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao at those idiots who drove their trucks to DC

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am surprised there are not more small battery hybrid cars like the Volt. I am happy with mine, I don't use a drop of gas for my 40 mile round trip commute, but I don't need to worry about range anxiety or finding chargers if I do want to make a longer trip (and it gets respectable MPG). I did not even need to spring for a fast charger, it can fully charge overnight on a regular 120v outlet assuming I get home at a normal time. I put about 9000 miles a year on it and maybe use 10-14 gallons of gas, with the majority of that usage being one or two longer trips vs day to day usage. With no long trips I have gone something like 6 months without using gas. It seems kind of like the best of both worlds, where it would reduce gas use probably 90% for your average person, while not requiring any additional infrastructure for people that don't live in major metropolitan areas. Even if you had an 80 mile round trip commute, it would reduce the need to get gas to something like every 2 weeks vs 4 days.

Maybe the engineering is tougher for the electric motor + gas generator? Seems like there is more emphasis on fully electric cars when for the average commute the battery of something like a Tesla is unnecessarily big.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao at those idiots who drove their trucks to DC

They are very dumb. I don’t even know what they’re protesting anymore.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm pretty sure they are protesting the Decepticons. Why else would they be using trucks painted in Optimus Prime's colors?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Joker: I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT THE BATMAN IS A BITCHASS MOTHERFUCKER

I miss my wife, Robin.

I miss her a lot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Watched the first episode of Winning Time on HBO. I like the story, but not thrilled with Adam Mckay’s style choices. Have to see if this keeps up as this goes on because I’m not sure I’ll stick with it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I can't believe the Democrats voted to raise gas prices smdh

Pretend I put in the effort to find that old polititoon of Obama in the Oval Office pushing the levers that say “gas prices” and “unemployment” and posted it here, tia

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This weekend I made a pair of fascia boards for the two little rooflets bracketing the garage that had been missing them for probably 20 years, and I also installed drip edge flashing along the entire living room overhang, and removed the ancient security box above the garage door and got rid of the wasp nests and started scraping the peeling paint. Gonna paint my house pretty soon. Felt real good to make progress on long-deferred home maintenance.

I also extracted a rotten piece of trim that wraps around the side of the house from the main living room window. This uh, does not look like a healthy hole to just jam a new piece into, though.

There's paper-thin building fabric from the mid 1950s back there, torn a bit, and then nothing, because these walls have no insulation. And I tore the fabric a little while extracting the trim. I'm going to need to cut the end off that other long piece and make a fresh piece for that, I think I can get away with just sanding back the wood siding instead of having to replace any. I can reproduce the mitered corner trim, but uhh, hey d-link, what would you do here, to make it waterproof? The rain hits the left side of the house here. Just fit in the wood, clean up the stucco a little, and apply some kind of fill or sealant? I have muriatic acid to clean the stucco.

You can see the white stucco patch below, we hired a stucco guy who did the whole house, I don't want to make him come back just to fix around this one piece of trim.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Maybe the engineering is tougher for the electric motor + gas generator? Seems like there is more emphasis on fully electric cars when for the average commute the battery of something like a Tesla is unnecessarily big.

PHEVs are kind of a bridge, yeah. Doubling up on gas car and electric components is extra cost and weight long-term, and eventually chargers will get more common and faster to reduce range anxiety.

Most people could get by with a Nissan Leaf outside of road trips, but nobody buys cars purely rationally.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Pretend I put in the effort to find that old polititoon of Obama in the Oval Office pushing the levers that say “gas prices” and “unemployment” and posted it here, tia

Here you go.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

This uh, does not look like a healthy hole to just jam a new piece into, though.

Excuse me?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Trip report on first instant pot cook:

Tried to make a curry and it only okay. I don’t blame the instant pot though, I think the recipe just sucked.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Got to see Coheed and Cambria for the first time tonight. Tomorrow is going to be awful thanks to the 2 hour drive to get home but it was a blast.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Silly Burrito posted:

Here you go.

:tipshat:

I forgot that the second lever was labeled “economy” and for that I’m deeply ashamed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I admit I haven't paid much attention to gas prices lately, but isn't diesel usually cheaper than unleaded? Did something change with how gas is made or am I just misremembering?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think diesels been more expensive for quite awhile now. It used to be cheaper

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I think diesels been more expensive for quite awhile now. It used to be cheaper

That feels like it’s been the case for 15 years or so

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

That feels like it’s been the case for 15 years or so

Yeah, diesel has been more expensive than unleaded since ... 2004, I think.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yeah, diesel being cheaper stopped being a thing in the mid-00s. My brother had gotten a diesel truck in 06 or 07 and that was just after the point where it had started climbing and it’s never gone back down.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GT7 is exactly what I wanted and actually really gorgeous on PS4–especially having not played GT sport so my frame of reference is from PS3. Gameplay is fantastic.

Felt like a kid again, tuning an old Fairlady and ripping around Tsukuba.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

GT7 is exactly what I wanted and actually really gorgeous on PS4–especially having not played GT sport so my frame of reference is from PS3. Gameplay is fantastic.

Felt like a kid again, tuning an old Fairlady and ripping around Tsukuba.

Tsukuba and Spec Miata’s was always my favorite in Forza.

Man, I should have never ever ever sold my 240Z :(

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

SundayMoney posted:

Got to see Coheed and Cambria for the first time tonight. Tomorrow is going to be awful thanks to the 2 hour drive to get home but it was a blast.

Coheed is really awesome, so long as Claudio's voice holds up. Glad you had a good time!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We're very close to putting an offer in on a condo :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

We're very close to putting an offer in on a condo :pwn:

Congrats? Hope you get it. What neighborhood?