Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Alhazred posted:

That guy admitted to the commander of the jungle patrol that he's a human trafficker. Why wasn't he arrested?

Jungle Saying - The Phantom is Bad at his Job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Alhazred posted:

That guy admitted to the commander of the jungle patrol that he's a human trafficker. Why wasn't he arrested?

There's always that pesky matter of evidence. One comment to a stranger might just be boastful bullshit. If Mawitaan has anything resembling a functioning justice system, they'd need some specifics and some proof before even arresting him, let alone convicting him of anything.

e: And for all we know, Kit did get the word back to the Patrol, and they're quietly looking into the guy's affairs. The Ghost Who Parallel Constructs!

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 6, 2022

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Giant Ethicist posted:

Mokke's Calamity

good luck Mokke...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I like the Mokke strip, it's very... manipulative in this transparent "look at this cute thing suffering" way.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

A new story begins, a festive tale as was traditional in Bobbins and Scary Go Round of yore.

John Allison posted:

Authentic anime sweatdrop in today’s comic. I wonder why the City Limit departments all have different Christmas parties. I… wonder… why…
Who's ready for Christmas in March?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

There's always that pesky matter of evidence. One comment to a stranger might just be boastful bullshit. If Mawitaan has anything resembling a functioning justice system, they'd need some specifics and some proof before even arresting him, let alone convicting him of anything.

If someone casually said to a law enforcer that they're committing crimes I would at the very least expect them to be brought in for interrogation.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Giant Ethicist posted:

Mokke's Calamity

"I'm in a white room"
"It has black curtains"
"It's near a station"
"...I'll wait in the queue"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Those bangs are still criminal

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Dustinfriend dumb.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

"This commonly used phrase is silly, if you take it literally."

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (March 9, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa! (November 21, 28, and December 5, 2021)

It's A Sketchy Life, and it's the radio issue! (March 4, 1926, starting with a cover by Oscar Howard.)

Al Frueh:

Early radio stars Billy Jones and Ernie Hare, and yes, there's quite a bit of them to go around. (Or you might want to hear them in their natural habitat.)

Alice Harvey:

TS Sullivant:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 6, 2022

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't think I like the Mokke strip, it's very... manipulative in this transparent "look at this cute thing suffering" way.
That’s probably fair - from reading his blog and so on, I get the sense that Q-Rais might resent the super-cute comics he’s become known for to some degree, and Mokke does feel a little bit like revenge. At least it’s short!

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modest Blaise: The Gabriel Set-Up

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
i sympathize with mokke because i'm a cute thing suffering

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Modest Blaise: The Gabriel Set-Up

Bing Crosby's going to have a very bad day.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Maxwell Lord posted:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'd been operating on the assumption that Mokke was a lockdown/quarantine stress venting comic for q-rais (and also finding it kinda relateable/enjoyable on that level, tbh)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

someone awful. posted:

i'd been operating on the assumption that Mokke was a lockdown/quarantine stress venting comic for q-rais (and also finding it kinda relateable/enjoyable on that level, tbh)
I'm also assuming it's going to veer into weird poo poo at some point, because it's a q-rais comic.

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Locher Tracy

Imagine living in a world where the cops will bother fingerprinting your car after it's been broken into.

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake/Johnny Hazard, Sundays, etc.

Computoon: Origins

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Guindon

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Murdstone posted:

Flash Gordon double dose

A woman scientist?!?!

I appreciate the correct science in "ships with ion thrusters can reach high speeds, but don't have enough thrust to lift off from planetary bodies."

Also it's seven AM and I've been up since two thirty because work is a bitch so you get an early dose today.

Classic Kevin & Kell in: politics (March 13-19, 2006)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Blueberry is very naïve about love, or You know, when someone in a story like this says something along the lines of 'We're rich! Rich!!!' that's really only tempting fate, you know?, or Well, there's your problem - you should have dug up the unmarked grave next to Arch Stanton's!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Oh I forgot sunday

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

riderchop fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 7, 2022

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Axa

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Night Visitors

Mokke's Calamity: Yes, it's quarantine venting, and yes, this is the last non-weird update.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

Uramachi Sakaba

This guy...!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mikl posted:

Modern Kevin & Kell

This raises so many questions. Also, now that the big corp is gone, local and sustainable meat!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

This raises so many questions. Also, now that the big corp is gone, local and sustainable meat!

It is very important that we have an industry of professional killers or else people will kill in other ways instead?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Giant Days x Batman Donk, Splonk

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Here is the first comic I made AFTER my Christmas break. To be “kind” to myself, I had filled my rough version with fiddly perspectives and maverick, barely drawable snooker-playing poses. But I made it through the wilderness.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft in "Oh, Is It Now..."

Did I miss a strip, or is he writing headlines for a newspaper that is no longer in production?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Did I miss a strip, or is he writing headlines for a newspaper that is no longer in production?

There were a few strips where they had a meeting about restarting the paper. Everyone else seemed to want it to be local bake sale news, and this guy still thinks he's cracking Watergate.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Giant Ethicist posted:

That’s probably fair - from reading his blog and so on, I get the sense that Q-Rais might resent the super-cute comics he’s become known for to some degree, and Mokke does feel a little bit like revenge. At least it’s short!

It feels very autobiographical. As someone who spent 2020 sitting alone in a two room apartment it doesn't come across as manipulative at all to me, even though I am not a cute little bear thing.

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 12, 1950)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "76 - Jucika, The Anna-Ball"

"Anna-bál is a Hungarian Beauty Pageant"

"77 - Jucika Substitutes Her Boss"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So she means Val, right

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Zerilan posted:

It is very important that we have an industry of professional killers or else people will kill in other ways instead?

I think maybe it's because of that law that you can't kill and eat someone that you know personally?

So if I live next door to Bob the Pig and have been neighbors with him for a year or so, I can't kill him because I know him. But Herd Thinners Inc. sends in some dude from upstate to kill Bob the Pig and sell him to the supermarket, and now I can buy Bob the Pig's flesh and consume it with no problems. If Herd Thinners is gone, now I have no meat to eat, and I can't kill Bob the Pig, so what do I do? So the supermarket is (I guess) hiring professional murderers to murder Bob the Pig when he goes to the supermarket so I can still eat Bob the Pig's carcass without running afoul of the law.