Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

we need to consider that these arent just some polygons which are spawned at the wrong location, but each of these little men is a quanta created by tony zurovec, an artificial lifeform with hopes and dreams.

artificial lifeforms who probably just want to lick some p[BEEEEEEP]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/vuy98KC.mp4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

hallelujah!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Men... raining from the sky.

Extra kinky.

But kind of junky for a game after 10 years of being built.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Blackstone posted:

I still think he’s a paid shill who’s trying to see what he’s getting away with. From that perspective, his posts are brillant.

I thought so too, but I have changed my mind since the additional revelations.

I'm pretty sure he's just a dude with way too much time on his hands and way too much investment in the video game and other things.

.random
May 7, 2007

I feel like I got pretty close to channeling this energy and line of thinking (“thinking”). :shobon:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

If they were working in a horror game, this would be amazing. From a distance you see a movement. Not clear what it is, but then you zoom in and learn the terrible secret of space.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

This is how you get rid of Quanta that do not fit your world view, an alarming development of having true AI for your NPC's

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

I see the stimpire punishment system is getting implented.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Fixed this nerds chart to be something a little more suitable for PROPER Star Citizens.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The cursed mangled version of the Cryengine needs a constant flow sacrificial NPCs to run. 30K is when that supply stops for even a second.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

well that is kinda terrifying looking lol

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

What in the flying gently caress

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

BrotherJayne posted:

What in the flying gently caress

Not so much flying there, really.

Edit: one might even say "what in the falling gently caress".

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mellow_ posted:

Fixed this nerds chart to be something a little more suitable for PROPER Star Citizens.

Buy an Idris.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Crobear has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of CIG. He is the Master of the 'verse by the will of the backers, and master of one world (but 99 more will follow as soon as the pipelines allow) by the might of his inexhaustible armies of shills. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of 386 Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Cloud Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly lack vitamins.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Crobear continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the goon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Funding Tracker, the psychic manifestation of the Crobear's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted websites. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Positivus, the Net Promoter Score Marines, bio-engineered super-posters. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Cloud Imperial Guard and countless Redditary defence forces, the ever vigilant Spectrum Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Cryenginus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from haters, heretics, women - and worse.

To be a backer in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten by AAA games, never to be re-learned. Forget the promises of Crobear and the Kickstarter, for in the grim dark future there is only the Funding Tracker. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of bugs and crashes, and the laughter of thirsting gods, on their way to the bank.

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 7, 2022

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Skyrim V

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

trucutru posted:

Got any money? No? There are 3 ships available to you

Holy poo poo, I looked up the Javelin and it costs 3000 United States dollars to purchase :stare:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo, I looked up the Javelin and it costs 3000 United States dollars to purchase :stare:

Welcome to the madness that is Star Citizen.
Go look up Legatus Package.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Where is banu merchantman in this chart?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

CommissarMega posted:

Wait, how much does a real Javelin missile launcher cost?

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Lammasu posted:

No idea but I suspect a certain monocled feline mental health nurse with a taste for female vaginas would probably know, his knowledge of every topic under the sun seems all encompassing.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CommissarMega posted:

You will be delighted to know that CIG is keenly aware that it's costing system is a bit frightening to people, so have apparently helpfully locked off other more expensive things to people who have already spent a significant amount of money with them.

So what you see is what CIG allows normal people to view and considers it totally logical for a video game.

I've never seen this high-spender catalog yet, so I'm not sure if it exists or what the costs are in it- but it's existence is what the rumor mill indicates.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

commando in tophat posted:

Where is banu merchantman in this chart?

That ship is too kinky to be included.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The ship or your version of the ship?

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Believing Jared's lies is a bold move.

There is a 0% chance Squadron 42 is going to be integrated like this. It's going to be a single-player game completely separate from the PU that you happen to launch from the same menu screen. And you get some PU perks if you complete it before going into the PU. That's it.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

CommissarMega posted:

Okay, but how much is that in Russian rubles? Asking for a comrade.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Okay, but how much is that in Russian rubles? Asking for a comrade.

About 300,000 rubles now, rofl. And it might actually be a wise investment in this case, just as a grey market hedge against hyperinflation.

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

FishMcCool posted:

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Crobear has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of CIG. He is the Master of the 'verse by the will of the backers, and master of one world (but 99 more will follow as soon as the pipelines allow) by the might of his inexhaustible armies of shills. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of 386 Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Cloud Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly lack vitamins.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Crobear continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the goon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Funding Tracker, the psychic manifestation of the Crobear's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted websites. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Positivus, the Net Promoter Score Marines, bio-engineered super-posters. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Cloud Imperial Guard and countless Redditary defence forces, the ever vigilant Spectrum Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Cryenginus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from haters, heretics, women - and worse.

To be a backer in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten by AAA games, never to be re-learned. Forget the promises of Crobear and the Kickstarter, for in the grim dark future there is only the Funding Tracker. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of bugs and crashes, and the laughter of thirsting gods, on their way to the bank.

New thread title. All of it.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Bmac32 posted:

New thread title. All of it.

75 characters aren't enough to convey the greatness of the BDSSE

marumaru
May 20, 2013

-

marumaru fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 7, 2022

.random
May 7, 2007

Uh. Can we get a :nms: on that?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

.random posted:

Uh. Can we get a :nms: on that?

it was the wrong thread, sorry lol

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
War citizen

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Lammasu posted:

Looks like you’d need about 69 of the star citizen ship to get the real missile launcher.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
LOL, 20 Germans have just lapped Snore Citizer for the hundredth time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrsFI0L9Uo&ab_channel=Egosoft

They've even got t-posing NPCs as well!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fidelitious posted:

There is a 0% chance Squadron 42 is going to be integrated like this. It's going to be a single-player game completely separate from the PU that you happen to launch from the same menu screen. And you get some PU perks if you complete it before going into the PU. That's it.

It's also going to be worse in every conceivable way than 2016s CoD Infinity War.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Fidelitious posted:

There is no game, so I doubt it will be getting launched from any menu

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

Jonny Shiloh posted:

LOL, 20 Germans have just lapped Snore Citizer for the hundredth time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrsFI0L9Uo&ab_channel=Egosoft

They've even got t-posing NPCs as well!

X games always look amazing but broken on release, then a new patch comes out and I get interested then I go on the sub reddit and read stuff like, "have they fixed missiles being utterly useless yet? No." "Have they fixed your traders moving at 1% of max speed and only buying the worst resources? No" etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i am a moron posted:

There is no game, so I doubt it will be getting launched from any menu

I don't think it's that unlikely they will release something, I'll just be amazed if it isn't dull, artistically bland and barely competent.