Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

smug jeebus posted:

Nah gently caress him and gently caress you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t think anyone here is criticizing him for those reasons.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
no but of all the possible people saying poo poo like that, he's the one getting posted

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
No, sorry, dude's got a point. He's gay, Asian, and was seriously mistreated by the government, so it's totally cool for him to support that same government going out of its way to let companies use an international incident to further gouge folks who already can't afford basic necessities like food knowing full well he, himself, will not be affected in the least because he gets money every time someone so much as writes a word Star Trek fanfiction and can live in total and complete luxury fully insulated from the harm he is advocating.

Actually, wait, no, gently caress George Takei, as well as everybody else who's telling common folks to "suck it up, WE GOT RUSSKIES STARTIN' poo poo".

Ever notice these liberal jackoffs never tell companies to do the same?

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 6, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Screaming Idiot posted:

No, sorry, dude's got a point. He's gay, Asian, and was seriously mistreated by the government, so it's totally cool for him to support that same government going out of its way to let companies use an international incident to further gouge folks who already can't afford basic necessities like food knowing full well he, himself, will not be affected in the least because he gets money every time someone so much as writes a word Star Trek fanfiction and can live in total and complete luxury fully insulated from the harm he is advocating.

Actually, wait, no, gently caress George Takei.

Actually no I said it was a bad post but don't let that stop you

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jaxyon posted:

no but of all the possible people saying poo poo like that, he's the one getting posted

Post some other 50k liked tweets saying the same thing and I’ll also tell them to go gently caress themselves if it makes you feel better.:)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jaxyon posted:

Actually no I said it was a bad post but don't let that stop you

And then you tried to defend him for reasons wholly unrelated to why we were dunking on him, so please feel free to lick every wrinkle of my puckered rear end in a top hat, you utter loving moron.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What does it have to do with "companies". Russian sanctions and oil & gas import ban would likley decrease the supply and increase prices. He's saying it's a worthwhile sacrifice to help the people Puin is murdering. Good post.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Why not say "Hey companies, how about accepting short-term losses so those who already suffer aren't hurt even more? You're already making billions in profits, so how about showing compassion instead of using this as an excuse to gouge even harder?" instead of a nicer version of "SUCK IT UP, POORS, WE GOT TO SHOW A BAD GUY WHO'S BOSS"?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

And then you tried to defend him for reasons wholly unrelated to why we were dunking on him, so please feel free to lick every wrinkle of my puckered rear end in a top hat, you utter loving moron.

I said I thought there were better targets than someone who's probably dealt with more hardship than most of the posters dunking on him.

Obviously he's become out of touch in his wealth and that was a bad opinion he had, but I guess you need to be mad at me and him.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm mad at him, folks like him, and folks who defend folks like him who should loving know better. And you're mad you're getting dunked on for your dumbass defense, so instead of taking the L and dropping it so it can be forgotten, you're dragging this on out of some misplaced sense of pride.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What's great is that no amount of celebrity takes can top what pols decide is a great post.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'm mad at him, folks like him, and folks who defend folks like him who should loving know better. And you're mad you're getting dunked on for your dumbass defense, so instead of taking the L and dropping it so it can be forgotten, you're dragging this on out of some misplaced sense of pride.

You're mad because your sense of powerlessness and because of a lack of conservatives to yell at on here, you are aiming your righteous anger at "liberals" and anyone who disagrees with that righteous anger. You're perfectly happy to have me continue posting because it makes me a good target in your eyes.

You could also easily drop this because there's not really much to add besides "gently caress you"(like other posters have) but you keep wanting to come back at this because your pride won't let you drop it either so you can get the last word.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I keep dunking on you because it's obvious you have compassion for the disenfranchised -- or at least comprehend it enough to use it to defend someone you like, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt -- but lacked the understanding as to why that was a bad post until it was pointed out, and instead of bowing out you had to stammer out "b-b-but others made bad posts too!" to slip out instead of actually posting examples yourself, as suggested by one of the others.

In summation, you need to examine the material circumstances and how they affect the population as a whole. Instead of asking people who already bear the entirety of the burden to carry more, one should instead ask those who are trying to shift further weight to others to actually carry their share for once. Also, gently caress you, I guess.

https://twitter.com/Syliddar/status/1499824307651940352?s=20&t=Dt4DglhOeDDDaTuY_QmGog

The best response to Mr. Kelsey.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Is this the thread for mocking bad tweets

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smug jeebus posted:

Is this the thread for mocking bad tweets

Also pics of tweets.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

I keep dunking on you because it's obvious you have compassion for the disenfranchised -- or at least comprehend it enough to use it to defend someone you like, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt -- but lacked the understanding as to why that was a bad post until it was pointed out, and instead of bowing out you had to stammer out "b-b-but others made bad posts too!" to slip out instead of actually posting examples yourself, as suggested by one of the others.

I knew Takei's post was bad before I even replied. My stance was that there's better targets for people's ire.

You've had to change events and have me "stammer" in order to make continue ire more justified.

quote:

In summation, you need to examine the material circumstances and how they affect the population as a whole. Instead of asking people who already bear the entirety of the burden to carry more, one should instead ask those who are trying to shift further weight to others to actually carry their share for once. Also, gently caress you, I guess

I already agreed with that, I wasn't defending the content of his post. And said so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nonsense posted:

Also pics of tweets.

Every website now, including Twitter itself.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The harsh reality is that there are shortages of everything these days.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jaxyon posted:

I knew Takei's post was bad before I even replied. My stance was that there's better targets for people's ire.

You've had to change events and have me "stammer" in order to make continue ire more justified.

There's better folks to target? Then loving post some. And nah, that was a goddamn stammer, because instead of saying, "Yeah, I guess his personal circumstances -- regardless of how awful they were -- don't justify such a bad take as they continue to support the conditions that led to his own past suffering, but at least he wasn't as bad as [worse post]" you just sorta continued to insist there's worse people.

If I poo poo on your couch, I wouldn't get out of it by saying, "But someone out there is getting stabbed!", would I? That one's an honest question, I would very much like to poo poo on your couch.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Screaming Idiot posted:

There's better folks to target? Then loving post some. And nah, that was a goddamn stammer, because instead of saying, "Yeah, I guess his personal circumstances -- regardless of how awful they were -- don't justify such a bad take as they continue to support the conditions that led to his own past suffering, but at least he wasn't as bad as [worse post]" you just sorta continued to insist there's worse people.

If I poo poo on your couch, I wouldn't get out of it by saying, "But someone out there is getting stabbed!", would I? That one's an honest question, I would very much like to poo poo on your couch.

making GBS threads on my couch would arguably be an improvement on it, and I don't think his personal circumstances justify a bad take, because I never thought his take was justified.

You keep wanting to conflate me saying that I think there are better targets with me being OK with him saying that. Yet I'm not OK with it.

It's a lot easier than just sticking to me being wrong about there being better targets, which I'm probably wrong about because I haven't found any yet.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
God drat, shut the gently caress up.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Alrighty, I've more than said my piece and, as a bonus, I have tacit permission to poo poo on his couch.

Nonsense posted:

The harsh reality is that there are shortages of everything these days.

Technically there are no shortages, but there is certainly of surplus of assholes hoarding resources.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/caoimhinagyarko/status/1499469004884385793?s=21

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nonsense posted:

What's great is that no amount of celebrity takes can top what pols decide is a great post.

Here's a flag in the dead center of the photo! I am a good person!

Also, Screaming Idiot should maybe settle down.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?s=20&t=VcgaMUkmhiRZJqxoO58oCg

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I wonder who grew it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/BeTrueVoteBlue1/status/1500588880013238287

Conspiracy theories about Joe Biden controlling Russia are getting a bit out of hand.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I wonder who grew it?

At least they only grew it and didn't use 1790 methods to actually pick it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/s0larbody/status/1500624459157454852

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

*sniff* so brave

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/arwaib/status/1500213584760033293
https://twitter.com/arwaib/status/1500215199898521601

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1500822103104364547

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This thread is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/Sputnik_Not/status/1501207863146029068

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nato/status/1501146212938010628?s=21
Interesting patch on this solider.:thunk:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/QaharBalkhi/status/1501067069621735425

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/SpiritofLenin/status/1501267790988201995

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/ionacraig/status/1501300551522439175

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

idgi :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol)