Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mode 7 posted:

Formula 1 off-season: this looks expensive and of dubious value

A fair assessment of the Haas vacancy.

acidx posted:

G-drive, the Russian team that Kvyat drives for, has withdrawn from the WEC since they refused to accept the FIA's conditions for Russian teams. So Kvyat is now without a ride.

It can't be said enough that G-Drive isn't a team. They're Gazprom paying Algarve Pro (and previously TDS, Graff and several others) to run cars. So they're saying it's about the conditions to save face but in reality Gazprom probably couldn't pay the bills anyway. Algarve Pro will likely run the car that doesn't rely on that funding under their own name in ELMS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Was fantasy fun? I made my team and then logged in like twice to check it over the rest of the season

It might have been me that made the league but it wasn’t as dynamic as I expected so was a bit disappointing imo. I want super reactionary pricing. I want a drivers value to crater after a single bad race and instead it would change by like 0.5.

Maybe this year they’ll be more aggressive

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

F1 TV PRO is 20% off for new subs.

F1 got put behind a paywall in my country, so this is definitely the cheapest option to watch all races (besides finding streams).

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Dictator. posted:

F1 got put behind a paywall in my country, so this is definitely the cheapest option to watch all races (besides finding streams).
lol, because I got the $26 one last year, I'm not eligible for the discounted $80 one. Oh well.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Haas is gonna Haas.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1500831386697146381?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
$80 is a good price if it means you don’t have to listen to Bumble and Croopsy for ~46 hours out of the year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frazzbo posted:

He does, but like most IWCs, they're the same size as the monster ones printed on the drivers' gloves :rolleyes:
Nonetheless in comparison to an Hublot or RM a 44mm IWC is quite understated and tasteful

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

A field of rakes only it's formula 1 cars

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1500593846249525260?s=20&t=xAOj-MPbKEnZWayYpDkFQA

what a loving muppet

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

You're telling me that the kid of a multimillionaire might be out of touch and not understand real world stuff? Stop the loving presses Gene

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Not that surprising that a fail-son of a billionaire has never had to suffer any consequences in his life and fathom what it actually means when the world doesn't go your way.

His update on twitter was pretty clear about his opinion.

Look out for the lawsuit for breach of contract...

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

“Haas has always been the major, primary sponsor, I don’t know why people said it became a Russian team. Haas Automation was always on the car,” he said.

He has dumped Uralkali but said the team is fine. Haas also co-owns a top NASCAR team with Tony Stewart.

“We’re good. We’re fine. We’d like more money, of course, but we’re fine,” he said. “This just gives us a bigger negative number.”

lmfao

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Real big VC Funding "BUT AMAZON LOST MONEY FOR 16 YEARS STRAIGHT AND LOOK AT THEM NOW"-vibes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gene Haas trying to look like Zak Brown and just coming off like "well the dumpster's on fire so it's got that going for it"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

F1tv "UX design is my passion"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gene Haas looks like the bad guy from a direct to DVD Seagal film

Uppa
Nov 23, 2002

Dictator. posted:

I seem to remember in the past people complaining about f1 tv’s streams being unreliable. How was the service last year? If I pay for this, what are the odds I’ll end up switching to an illegal stream mid-race because it’s faster?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Uppa posted:

I seem to remember in the past people complaining about f1 tv’s streams being unreliable. How was the service last year? If I pay for this, what are the odds I’ll end up switching to an illegal stream mid-race because it’s faster?

I can only specifically remember 1 race being really bad last year, while the rest were seamless.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I won’t pay for F1TV again until they let me pause/rewind/fast forward races in progress. It’s god drat 2022 and the best way to watch is race is to sleep through 30-45 minutes of the start and then fast forward through the boring laps to catch up to live.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
https://twitter.com/f1manager/status/1500863849360244736?s=21

Shame it'll be running the 2022 rules, the option to browbeat the race director over the phone would have been fun.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Slotducks posted:

F1tv "UX design is my passion"

Haha glad I’m not the only one who struggled with that part.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/thomasmaheronf1/status/1500863028249645057?t=saUIqH4zlUksKm3Xs1H7Sg&s=19

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I won’t pay for F1TV again until they let me pause/rewind/fast forward races in progress. It’s god drat 2022 and the best way to watch is race is to sleep through 30-45 minutes of the start and then fast forward through the boring laps to catch up to live.

I've joined live streams of races in progress and just rewind to the beginning and it worked fine for me.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

Shame it'll be running the 2022 rules, the option to browbeat the race director over the phone via email would have been fun.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

F1tv has been good to me, no real problems.

Yes, this will definitely help your case. Good luck with that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Are you sleeping with it on pause before lights out or something?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

i mean we already know it's a shitshow thanks to DTS, i really don't see what hot new gossip this little shitlord is going to be able to share

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"They hired a rapist to drive the car because his dad has money"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Payndz posted:

https://twitter.com/f1manager/status/1500863849360244736?s=21

Shame it'll be running the 2022 rules, the option to browbeat the race director over the phone would have been fun.

Is this just motorsport manager but worse? Or did they bring them in?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Has anybody watched the Sky F1 documentary on last season and should I persevere with torrenting it downloading it to my Sky box to hatewatch tonight?

e: seriously what kind of cretin can't compress a 2-ish(?) hour video below 6GB at 1080p??

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Has anybody watched the Sky F1 documentary on last season and should I persevere with torrenting it downloading it to my Sky box to hatewatch tonight?

e: seriously what kind of cretin can't compress a 2-ish(?) hour video below 6GB at 1080p??

I cringe whenever I see something compressed with 264 these days. I would like to not have to upgrade the NAS's hard drives for a while.

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Can't believe I have to wait a whole year to see Guenther losing his poo poo over this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

italian quid posted:

I cringe whenever I see something compressed with 264 these days. I would like to not have to upgrade the NAS's hard drives for a while.

Same, but even x264 doesn't take up that much space for HD videos unless you're encoding at an utterly stupid bitrate

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm going to watch the Sky F1 documentary so that hearing Crofty and Brundle speak doesn't ruin the first race weekend due to the shock

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

big Gob Bluth energy

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
In news that will surprise nobody, Horner thinks it's unfair that Masi got fired and it's all the fault of Mercedes 'bullying' him. Not Red Bull bullying him into making a bad decision that embarrassed the whole sport of course

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

In news that will surprise nobody, Horner thinks it's unfair that Masi got fired and it's all the fault of Mercedes 'bullying' him. Not Red Bull bullying him into making a bad decision that embarrassed the whole sport of course

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

hard lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pisstain Horner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg