Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mass-produced teriyaki sauce.

E:

https://i.imgur.com/YT4THGu.gifv

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Tiny can of tomato juice

This is a good one. God have you tried the spicy V8. I cannot control myself around that delicious tomato goo.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

E translated

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 7, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

E translated

holy gently caress I'd totally try that

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I assume that tastes like liquid Corn Pops.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

Okay guys, what suggestions do you have for Morning Beverages that don't have caffeine? Tell me what you guzzle in the morning (even you BBC)

Honestly I drink water probably 9/10 times with juice or coffee being the exceptions

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sorry, if there's any Euro/Non-US goons reading what I meant is that obviously I roll myself fatly down the driveway while squeezing a bag of mayo and coca-cola mixed together into my gaping mouth while moaning and wheezing about guns and not knowing where to find your country on a globe.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

Honestly I drink water probably 9/10 times with juice or coffee being the exceptions

Same I just get a hankering for something in the morning sometimes and I'm trying to not lean into carbonated beverages as much

In other news, I am trying out Tidal this week to see if it can replace Spotify for me and the family. I'm also debating switching from my Pixel 5 to an iPhone this year too, I am tired of Google horseshit.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah I got my tacky as gently caress D&D gangtag!!!!

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

My non-caffeinated hot drink of choice is mint tea - it lacks the kick of black coffee (or builder's tea), but it's warm, pleasant, cheap and probably health-neutral. Easy to find and easy to make, too.

I use some artificial sweetener in mine, but whatever you like I guess. Honey would probably be good.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna gently caress around in the tea aisle the next time I go to the store. Also prolly get some V8 since my tastes have changed also gonna try and find chicory too

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I know you said 'no coffee', but Mrs Beef and I just picked this up (she drinks it more than I do, but I do like a cup mid-day rather than right in the morning, esp. on weekends):

And I gotta tell ya, it's p drat fine for a lunch-time coffee SENSATION. WOW. It's just like you're drinking a cup of coffee and it's coffee that you like. Imagine that if you can.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

idk if this has caffeine or not but it is delicious and tastes like a lovely canadian hug

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

protein powder with half coffee half water and a half serving of smoothie.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

although i dont think ive ever hugged a canadian

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Big Beef City posted:

Sorry, if there's any Euro/Non-US goons reading what I meant is that obviously I roll myself fatly down the driveway while squeezing a bag of mayo and coca-cola mixed together into my gaping mouth while moaning and wheezing about guns and not knowing where to find your country on a globe.

Don't worry. Once we finally impose Sharia law on your country this type of degenereacy will not be tolerated, inshallah.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Ruby Gloom posted:

idk if this has caffeine or not but it is delicious and tastes like a lovely canadian hug

it's even better out of a crusty old canadian coffee vending machine

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

although i dont think ive ever hugged a canadian

I'm from outside Detroit so I've been hugging Canadians all my life

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Shoot me please

45 day code freeze on the team in Mexico's entire tech stack (PowerBI). So my boss had the bright idea to have them start working in my tech stack for that time.

We haven't set up anyone on my stuff in 2+ years and it's a gigantic duct taped mess of drivers that barely work and have to be installed in precise orders, and even then fails for crazy reasons (Oracle drivers loving suck).

5 devs, all of whom have already tried installing it all, all of whom have nearly no English. casually I'm supposed to drop everything and train them on my stack. Absolutely psychotic

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Necesito usar el baño

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Shoot me please

45 day code freeze on the team in Mexico's entire tech stack (PowerBI). So my boss had the bright idea to have them start working in my tech stack for that time.

We haven't set up anyone on my stuff in 2+ years and it's a gigantic duct taped mess of drivers that barely work and have to be installed in precise orders, and even then fails for crazy reasons (Oracle drivers loving suck).

5 devs, all of whom have already tried installing it all, all of whom have nearly no English. casually I'm supposed to drop everything and train them on my stack. Absolutely psychotic

Oh you have to deal with Oracle? Now the weed usage makes sense. That poo poo is a nightmare.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zil posted:

Oh you have to deal with Oracle? Now the weed usage makes sense. That poo poo is a nightmare.

Oracle is the worst driverwise to get working but I vastly prefer it to the SQL system our hip up and coming CIO forced on us: Vertica. We're a regular business with regular database needs. Vertica is a hardcore big data number crunch database, made for 1000x our data storage, missing such useless things as functions and procedures despite it replacing a database that had over 500 of each of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it worked for the CIO's previous company so why can't you just make it work Aardvark

anyway it's 4 years later and my project right now is getting off of Vertica and going to loving DB2. whatever

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Oracle is the worst driverwise to get working but I vastly prefer it to the SQL system our hip up and coming CIO forced on us: Vertica. But it worked for the CIO's previous company so why can't you just make it work Aardvark

Love when a C level gets a kickback from a previous vendor. Wonder how much they sold their soul for?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagmonkey posted:

I'm from outside Detroit so I've been hugging Canadians all my life

Back to your beverage chat for a second, one thing that I've found when I don't want water or coffee or a big glass of OJ that's just 'too much' right away? We get these guys:

They're individual pouches sized to mix into either a water bottle or like, an oversized pint glass/water glass. They're not nearly as 'heavy' as juice, and not even as overly sweet as regular gatorade but they still have a lot of electrolytes, so they get you nice and hydrated. If you chug a big glass with one of these, and then a regular glass of water, you'll be ready for business even if you had a rough night. Maybe give these a shot IF U DARE PS THEY ARE HAUNTED BY THE GHOST OF WATER AND HYDRATION V. SPOOK

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im watching The Mentalist and it's every bit the dry, boring version of Psych i expected with added hypnosis nonsense

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You're mental, dry and boring and full of nonsense I figured it'd be right up your alley heeey yoooo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I cannot WAIT to send my friends links to songs via Tidal and have them get annoyed me and be like why don't you just use Spotify

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im watching The Mentalist and it's every bit the dry, boring version of Psych i expected with added hypnosis nonsense

what loving demented train of thought led you to the decision "i'm going to watch the mentalist right now"?

we've reached a state of mass prestige tv where you could watch literally anything else for the rest of your life times 2

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mac and Cheese posted:

what loving demented train of thought led you to the decision "i'm going to watch the mentalist right now"?

we've reached a state of mass prestige tv where you could watch literally anything else for the rest of your life times 2

I had to find a replacement for Rizzoli & Isles after they had Bill O'Reilly guest star on that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also gently caress prestige television. bring back episodic tv.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i think if we survive the next 100 years it'll come in cycles, people are going to get really sick of serialized stories with the shortening attention spans and what not

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just leave my TV on garbage all day and sometimes I watch wrestling. I don't really have the attention span for making it through actual seasons and poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Oh poo poo I need to watch Evil S2 I keep forgetting. one of the last bastions of Episodic But Good tv

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I have yerba mate and even the whole cup and straw thing at work. It is a bit much for how much you get to drink though.

The best way to start your day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAl95iEcJl4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAl95iEcJl4

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Oh poo poo I need to watch Evil S2 I keep forgetting. one of the last bastions of Episodic But Good tv

that show is probably the guiltiest pleasure i'm willing to admit, it does have an overarching plot though, michael emerson is a total oval office, boom that's the plot
season 2 is both better and worse but definitely worth watching

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Aard did you ever finish Murder She Wrote?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thats like all you need for the overarching plot on a certain kind of TV show honestly.

they're making a Quantum Leap reboot and I'm curious if they're going to gently caress it up the modern way with long multi-episode plots

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Aard did you ever finish Murder She Wrote?

no, I reached a point where I couldn't just watch it for hours straight anymore, like i almost always do with procedurals. however I still love her and put on an episode every now and then. almost to season 4 :hai:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

thats like all you need for the overarching plot on a certain kind of TV show honestly.

they're making a Quantum Leap reboot and I'm curious if they're going to gently caress it up the modern way with long multi-episode plots

Yes, they will gently caress it up. The Original is a timeless classic that is perfect and should be left alone to stand as a beacon of GOOD TELEVISION for all future generations. They can reboot The Outer Limits instead and do whatever the gently caress they want to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bagmonkey posted:

They can reboot The Outer Limits instead and do whatever the gently caress they want to it

The Jordan Peele twilight zone reboot was...not great