Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bird in a Blender posted:

Congrats? Hope you get it. What neighborhood?

Thanks! Would be in University Village / Pilsen area. Big change in location which is our only reservation at this time (aside from the cost). Seen so many places and all of them go off market so fast so it feels pretty good to finally have one we're fairly confident on pulling the trigger on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

GT7 is exactly what I wanted and actually really gorgeous on PS4–especially having not played GT sport so my frame of reference is from PS3. Gameplay is fantastic.

Felt like a kid again, tuning an old Fairlady and ripping around Tsukuba.

I got it yesterday and it's such a chill experience. The ambient music is great and just tooling around in a car or fixing one up was super calming for some reason.

e: oh and I love the poo poo out of Music Rally mode

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 7, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Having GT7 on ps5 so I can just hop into race after race without being concerned for loading times is a godsend.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

The Chicago Cubs are bringing their excellence to merry old England

https://twitter.com/dmihalopoulos/status/1500596539282055170?t=bXOMwO8l2uQk3SQhwcWb9g&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

But baseball owners don't have any money to pay players! I don't get it.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

But baseball owners don't have any money to pay players! I don't get it.

The players are paid in £ so it doesn't count.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Drawing the queen on monopoly money and hoping the players don't notice

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/yifullofsin/status/1500324757245505542?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, really heavy topic, but it turns out a good friend of mine may have ruined her life with a combo of drug use and debt issues feeding her crippling depression and I'm trying to get her to not be suicidal about it, so like anyone ever deal with a lawyer for debt consolidation stuff and answering lawsuits and poo poo like that? Trying to get the information out of her and I've never dealt with any of this kind of thing and looking at lawyers online is annoying at best

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Say what you will about the Great Leap Forward, but at least everybody's BMI was low (Mao excluded).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
call me crazy but I doubt those musclemen had low BMIs

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Intruder posted:

call me crazy but I doubt those musclemen had low BMIs

But what if they use the caliper method

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

Hey, really heavy topic, but it turns out a good friend of mine may have ruined her life with a combo of drug use and debt issues feeding her crippling depression and I'm trying to get her to not be suicidal about it, so like anyone ever deal with a lawyer for debt consolidation stuff and answering lawsuits and poo poo like that? Trying to get the information out of her and I've never dealt with any of this kind of thing and looking at lawyers online is annoying at best

They want a bankruptcy attorney not debt consolidation. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world nor is it the end of your credit lift. It is an end to lawsuits and harassment from collection agencies, though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Picard season 2 is such a huge improvement over season 1 so far. I do hope they have some fun in the past, maybe go see X Men in theaters together.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

Picard season 2 is such a huge improvement over season 1 so far. I do hope they have some fun in the past, maybe go see X Men in theaters together.

Picard is gonna travel back in time and rail Beverly in her 20's before she met her husband

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

They want a bankruptcy attorney not debt consolidation. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world nor is it the end of your credit lift. It is an end to lawsuits and harassment from collection agencies, though.

cosigning this, my wife and I filed bankruptcy in 2009 and it was the best thing we could've done.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, just want to say thanks for that Mr. Nice and let's just say that the situation has changed a bit and I've just been through probably the worst two hours of my life.

Can cross "wrestling someone on the ground to get a knife out of their hands while calling 911" off my bucket list I guess. Jesus loving christ.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

Hey, just want to say thanks for that Mr. Nice and let's just say that the situation has changed a bit and I've just been through probably the worst two hours of my life.

Can cross "wrestling someone on the ground to get a knife out of their hands while calling 911" off my bucket list I guess. Jesus loving christ.

:stare: holy poo poo man hope all involved are ok

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

Ugh gently caress sorry that’s awful.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

:stare: holy poo poo man hope all involved are ok

Well, phsyically, yeah. Mentally? oh holy poo poo. Nothing like arguing with someone about how stupid you are for loving them.

So far in the last half hour I've called her parents, a lawyer relative for a bankcruptcy lawyer recomendation, and like 5 calls to find a therapist for a chat so that's cool.

I'm gonna shitpost and drink now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jesus Kalli hope this all works out. :stare:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ugh that sucks. I had to do something similar in 8th grade when my best friend told me on AIM (sheesh) he was going to shoot himself when his dad took him hunting that weekend and needless to say we contacted his parents and made sure he did NOT go hunting that weekend.

But in the end he did exactly what he told me he was going to do only about 8 years later. :smith: Mental health issues are really tough, you’re an incredible person for doing every thing you can to help your friend.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

Well that's nuts and glad you're ok, and you're doing good work.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well hell that's not a fun way to start the week.

Good luck Kalli. And to your friend. Don't know what else to say.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

After all that, shitpost away, friend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

I have unfortunately been in very similar situations recently.

poo poo is rough out there and a lot of people are struggling for meaning in a cruel world which seems to be getting worse every day.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have unfortunately been in very similar situations recently.

poo poo is rough out there and a lot of people are struggling for meaning in a cruel world which seems to be getting worse every day.

Yeah, she's a way more social person then I am, and these last two years have been incredibly hard on her.

Man I wish i cared for From Soft games. I should so just crawl into a ball and hide from the world for a few days.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kalli posted:

Well, phsyically, yeah. Mentally? oh holy poo poo. Nothing like arguing with someone about how stupid you are for loving them.

So far in the last half hour I've called her parents, a lawyer relative for a bankcruptcy lawyer recomendation, and like 5 calls to find a therapist for a chat so that's cool.

You're a good friend Kalli, take care of yourself man :smith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

T-Square posted:

Ugh that sucks. I had to do something similar in 8th grade when my best friend told me on AIM (sheesh) he was going to shoot himself when his dad took him hunting that weekend and needless to say we contacted his parents and made sure he did NOT go hunting that weekend.

But in the end he did exactly what he told me he was going to do only about 8 years later. :smith: Mental health issues are really tough, you’re an incredible person for doing every thing you can to help your friend.

My ex when I broke up with her, in the following 2 days, she texted me that she was ending her life (by ODing on OTC meds). I didn't gently caress around and called 911. People came and took her to a hospital, and it turns out she just took a little bit beyond recommended (she took like 6 Aleve tablets or something) and it was just a hosed up ploy in her mind as a way to get back to me. They didn't even hold her for the standard 72 hour period. I didn't find that out till later she was kind of faking it, but I was a loving wreck shortly after they took her away anyway.

She's married now and has a kid.

Anyway, sorry to hear, Kalli - shitpost away if it makes you feel better!

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

I did basically the same thing in July or August 2020, followed up by a 72 hour hospital stay and a month in an inpatient facility for the person in question (in my case it was a knife and then pills, though less wrestling involved with the knife).

It sucks, sorry. Hopefully you have good friends around. Make sure to take care of yourself as well; you've been through a traumatic event.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Do you guys think it’s weird and kinda lovely how every major western company has stopped offering their services to Russian people

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pron on VHS posted:

Do you guys think it’s weird and kinda lovely how every major western company has stopped offering their services to Russian people

If the world was serious about stopping the conflict they’d stop buying their oil and seize all the oligarchs’ overseas assets but instead we are just going to starve innocent people and hope it works.

Don’t get me started on the performance Freedom Fries adjacent horseshit.

We are a very smart people.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Pron on VHS posted:

So on a individual level, I hate that the local residents of Russia are losing the ability to enjoy a lot of things. But when you have a country that is disrupting international stability and acting in bad faith especially one with nukes, you have to put pressure on them in other ways. So economic sanctions and trying to have residents rise up and help throw Putin out is the best thing route plus a business gets a nice PR boost from it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Uh, yeah, they're definitely hitting the wrong target in a whole lot of ways and hoping the guy who doesn't give a poo poo about his own people will pay attention is my read. Pretty sure a dare to force people to protest and make Putin arrest more of them is a dare that he's gonna go ahead and take.

Brands are not supposed to be (in theory)...and very much should not be...subject to being part of foreign relations in their defense I guess? We've got this setup where we hope some company does something to put pressure on another country and that's what we're hoping will happen, it's annoying even if it's just reality and has been forever.

LeeMajors posted:

If the world was serious about stopping the conflict they’d stop buying their oil and seize all the oligarchs’ overseas assets

Yeah going after the oligarchs specifically which would be the best thing to do hurts moneyed interests all over the world is the problem there which is why it's off the table and is...well I'll just say another goddamned frustrating part of everything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SundayMoney posted:

So on a individual level, I hate that the local residents of Russia are losing the ability to enjoy a lot of things. But when you have a country that is disrupting international stability and acting in bad faith especially one with nukes, you have to put pressure on them in other ways. So economic sanctions and trying to have residents rise up and help throw Putin out is the best thing route plus a business gets a nice PR boost from it.

Hey you regular everyday people who have had nothing to do with the actual conflict and will probably not be able to vote Putin out because the elections are clearly hilariously corrupt, we're going to make your everyday lives hell in ways that won't effect the actual people responsible

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
SOLOS on Amazon is pretty good. It’s an anthology story where each episode it’s it’s own contained story. But it’s only a single actor/actress acting against themselves (sometimes literally) with no other actors.

I’ve watched 3 episodes so far and am really enjoying it. The first three were Anne Hathaway, Anthony Mackie (fav so far, so good) and Hellen Mirren. From the ads I can see that Morgan Freeman is in the last episode.

It’s pretty interesting watching it where there’s only one actor. Anthony Mackie is great and really shows how good he is in his episode

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
kalli you did good today, as horrible as that situation was it was good of you to intervene. take a break and do whatever helps you decompress

Pron on VHS posted:

its loving ludicrous. they're isolating every part of the country except the people with all the money and power. its another in a long line of performative acts that make our western establishment types feel better but does not do anything to meaningfully address the problem.

either target the oligarchs and powerful with sanctions, invade, or shut the gently caress up. all the rest of it is just delivering suffering to a host of people with zero ability to control the situation

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

But if they sanction the oligarchs then it might have a negative effect on their own finances

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
making it so some russian kid can't play pokemon bc russia invaded the ukraine is the foreign policy version of painting "Black Lives Matter" on a street in response to black people demanding they don't get murdered by the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

But if they sanction the oligarchs then it might have a negative effect on their own finances

Which is why the entire thing is performative violence against working folks so they can still go the ballet with Abramovich or whatever.