Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh wow this Alecto dude is a real motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

heckyeahpathy posted:

Everyone complaining about Godskin Duo clearly never messed around with sleep pots/sleep in general. Two pots puts the big guy to sleep and then it's a matter of managing who is asleep and who isn't (and making sure your spirit ash doesn't gently caress that up). It turned a clusterfuck into an actually fun fight.

Not many people seem to be using or trying the brand new status effect very much in general, when it seems like it'd probably make a lot of the major complaints about how the game throws too many duo bosses at you a lot more manageable.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don’t get why the classic effects like heavy and quality are put behind the ashes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Very important question: is it Gods' Kin or God Skin

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I had to hit him with the turbolaser then suck him into getting hit with moonveil weeb strikes to do it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Fister Roboto posted:

Skin, take a closer look at their armor

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

God Skin, in my opinion, given what they wear and are born in.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tumble posted:

There different ashes for different types of weapons, some ashes only go on spears, some go on everything except axes and hammers, and so on. You're either using weapons that can't use them or you don't have the right ashes.

You use them because you either want the special move, or the stat scaling they change (so if you change a sword that had only had an STR of "D" to STR "B", + it adds DEX "C" or something, it will start doing more and more damage as you level those up which can make weapons a lot stronger.

None of the "unique" kind of weapons can take them is what I'm getting at. I'm doing a sorcery build and the staves can't take any and then I've been running with the crystal sword as well since it scales with int. Are you just supposed to throw hoarfrost stomp onto whatever you have that you can use and just upgrade that to use it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

It’s actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhIMtqG4h2g

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Macaluso posted:

Oh. I just now finally upgraded my mimic tear to +10.

Lol. Lmao.

it you, but with a boss-sized health bar lol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

this game is full of bullshit but it's a pretty even spread of bullshit for enemies and for the player lol

Yea there's a lot of hand wringing about the difficulty of souls games but there's a ton of ways to mitigate it

Like I'm terrible at video games especially recognizing attack patterns and timing dodges or whatever and I get by just fine in souls games by using all the op stuff. There's basically a difficulty slider in ER and it includes shields, summoning ashes (especially the mimic), hoarfrost, moonveil, and getting carried by some dude named Farthammer that looks like a clown in co-op.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
mayor's trick for free rune arcs, go afk and forget game was open and get summoned while afk and collect free rune arcs from enemy who dies immediately anyway

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I don’t get why the classic effects like heavy and quality are put behind the ashes.

Functionally there isn't much of a difference to how it was handled in 3, is there? It just doesn't have its own menu since you pick your affinity when you pick your ash. Personally I'm just a bit disappointed you can't upgraded ashes. But I'm also disappointed you can't upgrade your horse.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He wouldn't be nearly as hard if not for the drat jump magic attack. gently caress that attack. Otherwise he's really easy to bully around because he has no poise.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Nuebot posted:

Functionally there isn't much of a difference to how it was handled in 3, is there? It just doesn't have its own menu since you pick your affinity when you pick your ash. Personally I'm just a bit disappointed you can't upgraded ashes. But I'm also disappointed you can't upgrade your horse.

But don’t the ashes do nothing if you choose a basic one? You don’t get the flame sword skill unless you pick flame sword and not heavy. Or I’m wrong and you do.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was about to ask if sleep mattered lol, sounds good lol

Also I paid the troll toll and got his sword. Lol the troll is smarter than me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

it you, but with a boss-sized health bar lol

And a seeming immunity to status effects?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am almost done exploring Limgrave and beat up the boss in Stormvale. I am wondering if I should do the rest of Sofria River. I got to the second grace there until I realized that no, this was not a one off dungeon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drunken officeparty posted:

But don’t the ashes do nothing if you choose a basic one? You don’t get the flame sword skill unless you pick flame sword and not heavy. Or I’m wrong and you do.

No, you get the skill regardless of what weapon scaling type you choose

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Finally beat that fucker with the rotten breath method.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Barudak posted:

And a seeming immunity to status effects?

Not sure about the others but I've seen mine get instakilled by deathblight.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, I've finally decided to go to the second main dungeon, that Harry Potter looking piece (I forget the name).

I'm pretty much a physical bash and mash guy but all of these spell casters are pushing my poo poo on with the ranged attack spam.

An I right in thinking I'm supposed to just run past or stealth by as many of them as possible?

Blues Hammer
Nov 6, 2011

We're gonna play some authentic way down in the delta blues!
So is Red Wolf of Radagon the easiest major boss in the game? Went through the boss door just to ditch the Burger King wizards expecting to get my rear end kicked by something, but beat him first try.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Not sure about the others but I've seen mine get instakilled by deathblight.

Hrm. Maybe the bar is bigger for it? I watched it facetank rot and poison attacks and just keep trucking with narry a tick down on the hp

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
drat, I just opened the blacksmith's sell menu to check the price of my golden runes, walked away from the pc for a bit, then came back, forgot what I had been doing, and said "wow this npc sells starlight shards!"

:rip: my shards

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Everyone says the somber upgrades are easier but no siree bob can I find that level 6 stone.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

They enable using summoning ashes

I'm still not convinced this is accurate

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Breaking news:
https://twitter.com/ZullieTheWitch/status/1500775770746204160

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Golden Halberd+15 is better than whatever the youtuber meta is

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What's a good early game Str/Fai weapon I should look/build for? Not sure what to spend all these level-ups on until I have some idea, so I've just been plugging Vigor so far. I cleared out most of the Gatefront Ruins and the soldiers dropped a straight sword, so I'm finally done with that awful starting spear, but I'm not in love with this sword enough that I want to blow smithing stones on it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

96 spacejam posted:

Golden Halberd+15 is better than whatever the youtuber meta is

Sorry, this is not a cowardly Epee weapon which allows me to hide behind a greatshield while inflicting bleed safely on my foes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to give everyone the troll toll now that I know it's weapon art actually does knockback, unlike rejection

Also ew I found Seluvis

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I appreciate they came up with a full fledged Lore reason for Radhan and his tiny horse

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

For quite some time I was wondering where Miquella had gotten to. When I found out I said, "huh, that sure is something". I kind of can't believe how obscure that area is to find considering how large/significant/cool it is. Mogwhyn Palace, you get there from a teleporter in the consecrated snowfield. I guess it's kind of telegraphed by having that Sanguine Noble invade but I sure never would have found it without looking it up. You can also access it through a PVP quest (although it sounds like you just have to invade, not necessarily win).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe I didn’t mess with the ashes mechanic until I got to level 70. Needlessly made the game more difficult for myself

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

For quite some time I was wondering where Miquella had gotten to. When I found out I said, "huh, that sure is something". I kind of can't believe how obscure that area is to find considering how large/significant/cool it is. Mogwhyn Palace, you get there from a teleporter in the consecrated snowfield. I guess it's kind of telegraphed by having that Sanguine Noble invade but I sure never would have found it without looking it up. You can also access it through a PVP quest (although it sounds like you just have to invade, not necessarily win).

You don't have to win Varre's quest also concludes inside, and he turns out to be a complete weenie.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I suck so hard at this game. I just have zero chance at beating malenia with my current strategy lol

Rolling and swinging a big sword

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i feel like pure str gets punished real hard in the endgame, just no time to get anything in except jump attacks.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t believe I didn’t mess with the ashes mechanic until I got to level 70. Needlessly made the game more difficult for myself

I think I'm around 60 and am in the same boat which is why I was asking about them. I didn't have anything good before I picked up the crystal sword and just never got back to using them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is there any lore on the goddamn silk cocoons/eggs everywhere because they're associated with miquellas death bed but like, what the hell