Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

freeedr posted:

every time he tweeted about where he was or what he was doing 100 people asked him if he met any “remarkable” characters there

My home town, so proud :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Xun posted:

This reminded me that Stockholm had a big anti vaccine/COVID mandates protest. Sweden didn't even make masks mandatory, much less vaccines. Restaurants, theaters, etc never closed and I don't think masks ever got above 25%, if not less.

what COVID mandates were they complaining about there were literally none
Well yeah, because the protests worked! Imagine what would have happened if those brave patriots hadn't protected your freedoms!

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

is this what Borat calls his hand

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

peter gabriel posted:

My home town, so proud :v:

Hat Museum pride!

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Runa posted:

It's a contraction of Star of Arion, like how Pocket Monsters gets shortened to Pokemon.

Unfortunately people just assumed it was an L/R transliteration error.

considering the Arion origin story, it's best off considered humorous engrish

Carlos Lantana fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 7, 2022

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

madeintaipei posted:

Buick had to change the name of the Lacrosse in Canada because the Quebecois use it to mean taking Palmela out.

What do they call the sport?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Hyperlynx posted:

A music shop near me has an electric guitar made from a biscuit tin. And I've seen guitars and some electric violins that are minimalist to the point of mostly no body at all.

That said, how about an acoustic guitar made of lead, though? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7DZ7HPXck

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Zero One posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWMyryS6pM

Special award to the red car that couldn’t make it through an inch of water.

Shouldn't that crossing be famous by now in that area? Do people not understand if your intake is low, you're screwed? Like, obviously, I love it, because it's content. I've even driven through some 'puddles' that was stupid, but made it. But when it's like 2-3' deep... i just don't get it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

blight rhino posted:

Shouldn't that crossing be famous by now in that area? Do people not understand if your intake is low, you're screwed? Like, obviously, I love it, because it's content. I've even driven through some 'puddles' that was stupid, but made it. But when it's like 2-3' deep... i just don't get it.

How deep can it be, it only comes halfway up the ducks.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

blight rhino posted:

Presumably, a 7 minute, 2.8 mile detour is worse than having to claim on their insurance (or pay the local tow truck driver £100).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Why has no one built a bridge?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"why don't you just lower the road", they said. "it's the most obvious thing in the world", they said.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why don't they raise the road?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Too wet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
upon googling most of those fords aren't intended for cars and they usually put up road closed signs at rufford to keep people from driving through it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://i.imgur.com/LMhGg80.mp4

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

blight rhino posted:

It's a ford, the height will change depending on how much rain there's been recently

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The obvious answer is you lower the water table. That way when it rains it takes more water to get to that height.

Bang. Done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmNYP1k12w&t=14s

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

limp_cheese posted:

The obvious answer is you lower the water table. That way when it rains it takes more water to get to that height.

Bang. Done.

they need this kind of thinking down in miami, stat!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mr. Nice! posted:

they need this kind of thinking down in miami, stat!

They need any kind of thinking in Miami from the sounds of things.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The Iwan story reminds me of when the UK woodworking competition show The Chop had a contestant with nazi and white supremacist face tattoos, including 88 and the Sig rune.

When promotional material aired and viewers pointed out the obvious nazi tattoos, the network's response was incredible.

Sky History posted:

Darren’s tattoos denote significant events in his life and have no political or ideological meaning whatsoever. Amongst the various numerical tattoos on his body, 1988 is the year of his father’s death. The production team carried out extensive background checks on all the woodworkers taking part in the show, that confirmed Darren has no affiliations or links to racist groups, views or comments. Sky History is intolerant of racism and all forms of hatred and any use of symbols or numbers is entirely incidental and not meant to cause harm or offence.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Kevin DuBrow posted:

The Iwan story reminds me of when the UK woodworking competition show The Chop had a contestant with nazi and white supremacist face tattoos, including 88 and the Sig rune.

When promotional material aired and viewers pointed out the obvious nazi tattoos, the network's response was incredible.

If I remember correctly it turned out his father was still alive.

HawaiinYeti
Mar 12, 2005

All right, all right. Knock it off. We tried. Whatever.
Grimey Drawer

Kevin DuBrow posted:

lol, I looked a bit more into this and you missed the best part:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/sky-history-cancels-the-chop-nazi-tattoo-darren-lumsden-1234606411/ posted:

The carpenter has denied any association with far-right groups and said the 88 symbolizes the year of his father’s death. Doubt has been cast over this claim, however, after the MailOnline discovered that Lumsden’s father is alive and well.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Lmao it’s literally this IRL:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
They did a 180 and cancelled it after airing the first episode but loving lmao at the initial incompetence for not vetting him themselves and their stupid credulity after it was pointed out to them

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Mr. Nice! posted:

upon googling most of those fords aren't intended for cars and they usually put up road closed signs at rufford to keep people from driving through it.

Based on the number of videos it seems to me like it's open for anyone who wants to yeet their car across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWjwEfPvC0

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

Bang. Done.

Life and Times of Tim is a legit good show, I liken it to Always Sunny if no one ever got upset or raised their voice. This is the DIY short that got it picked up for a series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2On-dpPw2bs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/uyB4mxb.gifv

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Humphreys posted:

I distinctly remember exclaiming quite loudly to my parents "This is bullshit" when we got out of the theatre. Episode One: Racer was a redeeming factor though. Ended up with a legit Nintendo Magazine record time on a track.

Probably impolitely late to quote this, but my ex-wife and I saw Phantom Menace the Sunday morning after its release in LA. This was back in the day when you couldn't get advance tickets or buy them online and I figured (correctly) that it would be the first showing that wasn't packed to the gills. I was super excited to go and she was at least ok with it. I'll never forget walking out after the movie in silence until I turned to her and said "what the gently caress was that?"

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Zero One posted:

Based on the number of videos it seems to me like it's open for anyone who wants to yeet their car across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWjwEfPvC0

My dude who loving turns into the river at 2:10 :laffo:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Kenning posted:

My dude who loving turns into the river at 2:10 :laffo:

I know right? I saw that clip start and said 'hey, a vehicle that's actually appropriate to easily clear the ford, why is it even includeeeoh my GOD :stare:'

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
He did make it eventually, though, which is more than can be said for the rest of them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Life and Times of Tim is a legit good show, I liken it to Always Sunny if no one ever got upset or raised their voice. This is the DIY short that got it picked up for a series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2On-dpPw2bs

Head's up, Steve Dildarian (creator/voice of Tim) has a new show on HBO Max. Ten Year Old Tom, which is basically Life and Times of Tim if Tim was a little kid so he has even less control over his life.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

quote:

Rufford's name derives from the Old English rūh and ford, the rough ford.

Wow. Rough ford ford indeed

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I really want to drive through that ford now.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Head's up, Steve Dildarian (creator/voice of Tim) has a new show on HBO Max. Ten Year Old Tom, which is basically Life and Times of Tim if Tim was a little kid so he has even less control over his life.

Hell yeah, good lookin' out homie. I liked the writing and acting in Life and Times and was bummed it quit after 3 seasons.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I really want to drive through that ford now.

Seems like it's well known to the point people are hanging out there for fun, as well as driving over there with big enough trucks to actually clear it and just splashing people, like those rollercoaster boats at water parks :allears:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

I thought for sure this video was looping and that the schad was on me right before she finally swings.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337700123297447936/950613005991829535/ovj2DJ0.mp4

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/337700123297447936/950613136258523146/sHsCVOs.mp4

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Perhaps that was Putin's plan, to do a quick strike that failed, but he would not have gone through this without backup plans or the idea he'd have to pivot

Remember, he wanted to host Sochi so very badly in part to line all this poo poo up. He invaded Crimea 3 days before the Olympics were even over, events were still happening and medals being given while the tanks rolled.

That was 2014, and it sets up a situation that can go nowhere except an inevitable confrontation, a ticking time bomb of geopolitics. This has been in the works for at least ten years, if not more. Dude is not gonna be easily disheartened that his quick strike didn't work. He'll just switch gears until he finds what works.

Came back to this thread after 12 days only to find the Schad was here all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Holy gently caress