Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for wanting the house built a certain way without paying?

Oh gently caress all of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

deety posted:

Sounds like he wants the house finished before they get married so it won't be a joint asset. Either that or he's gonna dump her after she builds the furniture (and after all the money she's indirectly put into his dream home).

I don't understand wanting to live with someone but not caring if they feel at home in the shared space.

It sounds like OP's boyfriend already owns the house, so even if he were amenable to OP getting some legal ownership on paper, there are no more mortgage payments or what have you to be made, so this is not possible.

That's probably exactly what he wants and again, it sounds like he entered into the relationship owning the house, so it shouldn't be a joint asset in the first place either legally or morally. OP did not help pay for the house.

He may well be planning to dump her. OP even acknowledges that the relationship is "shaky," which begs the question of why she's contemplating investing this much time, energy, and money into it if she is pretty transparent about how she has not been able to successfully bind herself to her boyfriend legally so she will be very easy to sever from without consequence later if that's what he wants to do.

Since the bf owned the house outright before OP insinuated herself, I don't think he actually conceptualizes it as "shared space." He thinks of it as his house (OP even refers to it as his family house) and she is just someone who came over to stay there on a temporary or semipermanent basis.

Like the non-divorced woman living with her husband in a duplex but also wanting a bf, there's nothing wrong with this unorthodox arrangement if everyone's onboard, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here.

If the boyfriend won't let OP dictate how the kitchen is designed (without actually paying for it) and this is unacceptable to her, the fairest thing to do would be for him to pay her for the furniture she is designing and building for the house like he's one of her clients. That way, if he decides to kick her out once the house is all finished and is able to do so because she has no legal right to remain there, she is not left having done x months of work for free and has some money saved up to begin looking for a new place to live.

However, like always, this middle ground approach is probably too mercenary for the sentimental OP, and too logical for the boyfriend who seems to want the benefit of OP's experience but doesn't want to compensate her for it.

EDIT: comments on this one make it pretty clear OP's bf is an rear end in a top hat for various financial abuse reasons and independent of this specific scenario she has in fact been paying for all their expenses as a couple for quite some time while also serving as a bangmaid. Post was from a rare non-throwaway that's posted several similar threads about her terrible bf's abusive behavior none of which are funny or interesting enough to quote here.

lower stakes one
AITA for Telling my Friend he hasn't Really Watched The Sopranos?

quote:

The Sopranos is one of my (30M) favorite shows. I've watched the whole thing at least three times, and plenty of episodes probably a dozen or more.

A friend of mine, let's call him Spencer (29M), has not watched the show. However, a few weeks ago, we were chatting and he told me he has 'basically watched the show', because he's watched a bunch of clips of The Sopranos on YouTube.

Key words being 'watched the show'. I'm not here to police how someone enjoys something. If you want to watch clips of The Sopranos on YouTube, that's fine! That's great! But you haven't watched The Sopranos. You've watched a bunch of clips. It's not the same thing.

Especially since I love it so much, I wasn't really able to let this go, which was on me I guess. We moved on, but we spent a lot of time talking about whether he had 'watched the show.' It kind of ruined the conversation.

I feel kind of like a jerk, since I don't want to be "that guy". At the same time, I still don't really think you can watch a bunch of clips someone else picked out and say that you watched the show. AITA?

tl;dr my friend watched a bunch of Sopranos clips and said he watched the show. I disagreed, and drew out the argument. AITA?
I thought "having webmd diagnosed anxiety" was the dumbest thing I'd seen a post complaining about re: stolen valor, but I think that's been ousted by "watching a tv show"

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 8, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for calling the police on my neighbor’s kids?

quote:

I’m a (20f) living with my friend in an Group of condos that’s owned by my friend’s grandma. I have a dad who’s kids run around between yards. I only know them on site. I was reading a book in my yard outside work in my school work and the dad says he has an emergency and for me to watch his kids. I don’t even know his kids names. He just leaves his two kids both under 6 with me. I’m confused as gently caress. I call my mom and roommate and they both say call the police.

The police and social worker pick up the kids. Left me a business card and have him go to the police station to pick up his kids. 6 hours later dad comes home and he’s screaming at me about calling the poi and they probably alerted his ex wife. I get an earful on the divorce and this man told me I should have watched his kids because he had an emergency and I wasn’t doing anything.

A few weeks later I found out he lost custody of his children because he left them with me. I complete stranger. He’s been so lovely to me and the roommate. He’s tried filing a complaint with the HOA about some bs but I showed the police report to them. So they fined him also. My roommate’s grandma said I should have been more neighborly and wants me move out because I’m an irresponsible young women. WTF!

running across the neighbourhood, hucking my kids at random passersby because the last one to touch them is the one who is responsible for them

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

running across the neighbourhood, hucking my kids at random passersby because the last one to touch them is the one who is responsible for them

Unexpected reversal of the GIVE ME YOUR [x] trope

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Mx. posted:

When that stops being how the law works, people like the dad will stop doing it. Good on OP for, for once, behaving reasonably and just dumping them with cps instead of being decorum poisoned into being their unpaid mommy indefinitely.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Unexpected reversal of the GIVE ME YOUR [x] trope

Take my kids, please.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Invisible Clergy posted:

It sounds like OP's boyfriend already owns the house, so even if he were amenable to OP getting some legal ownership on paper, there are no more mortgage payments or what have you to be made, so this is not possible.

OP's awkward language (referring to knowing how to build a house, etc) left me not quite sure if she was talking about a house he already owns or if he was trying to build a new house just like the one he grew up in. It would definitely make more sense for it to be a remodel though.

If he inherited a house that needs to be gutted and redone then that's obviously his alone, but she should never have been paying all their bills so that he could fund something she has no stake in. She was being taken advantage of there, so it's good that they've gone to 50/50.

The person who does the most cooking should have a say in stuff like the kitchen counters, at least if the plan is really for this to be both people's forever home. There could be several things behind her boyfriend's insistence on having everything to his specifications even in areas that she'd supposedly use more. But none of them are great signs for a healthy long-term relationship.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mx. posted:

Chalk up yet another case of 'unattached woman= free babysitting'.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why does this person even want custody of his kids if he cares so little about them?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AITA for falling for the girl my parents blame for my sister's death

quote:

When I was 21, my sister was killed by a drunk driver on her way home from her senior prom, with some of her friends in the car. All involved passed except for one of my sister's friends, A. While pretty much everyone talked about how tragic it was, and blamed the drunk guy, my parents fixated on the fact that A survived, and have blamed her for the last decade. Their reasons are things like "she should have sat on the other side of the car and let your sister sit there" to "A must have known the drunk and that's why he hit the side of the car your sister was on."

My sister, A, and I all shared the same hobby (D&D), so our paths have crossed occasionally in the years since. I don't hold her responsible for what happened (who could blame a 17 year old girl in the back seat for wearing her seatbelt when a grown man in a different vehicle decided to drink and drive) but my parents' vitriol (they said and did a lot of nasty stuff to her right after the accident) meant that we usually kept things distant but cordial.

During the pandemic, most of the games moved online, and one of my friends from the local college was starting up a game and wanted to invite some other players he knew from around town, including her. I had no issue with it, and we hit it off really well. In the end, I developed pretty strong feelings for her, and when I brought it up to her one night she admitted it was mutual, but didn't want to cause trouble for me with my parents so she hadn't said anything. I made it clear my parents weren't me, and my sister would have been the first one to yell at them for making someone she was so close to feel so miserable, especially for something out of her control.

We've been seeing each other online and going to each other's apartments for about eight months, but now that things are opening up in our area, we've started going on dates, and I decided I should be up front with my parents about it rather than letting them hear through the grapevine that we were seen together at a local restaurant (small town gossip).

Friday night I went over to their house, sat them down, and laid it out. That A wasn't at fault for the accident, they knew that, and I was in a relationship with her. To say they hit the roof would be an understatement. They screamed themselves hoarse at me, told me that they would not "allow" me to be with a "murderer." I told them that I'm 31 years old, and they don't get to dictate my relationships. They can deal with it or not, but I'm not going to stop seeing her because they are holding the wrong person at fault.

After I left, my mom made a FB post about it, calling A every name in the book. I told her to take it down and apologize, and that she wouldn't be hearing from me until she did. Now I'm getting texts from her friends and extended family that say while they know A isn't at fault, but out of all the girls in the world, why did I have to date *her?*

quote:

myparentshateher
I've told them to get some kind of grief therapy, (I got some through my university right after the accident) but they just insist that I didn't love my sister like they did, and that their reaction is totally normal for someone who lost a child.

Ten years is a long time to hold a grudge against a then 17 yo child, good lord.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nebrilos posted:

Why does this person even want custody of his kids if he cares so little about them?

because MINE. MY PROPERTY.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my wife that there will be no vacation until she sees a psychiatrist?

quote:

Wife and I have been married for a year and a half. Before we got married she did express how she’s a germaphobe, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Fast forward to us being married, in the middle of the pandemic, I noticed her being more and more anxious and stressed about cleanliness, like so:

The Apartment must be professionally carpet cleaned prior to us moving in, and then professional cleaned again once the furniture is in.
All groceries must be Lysol wiped before they are put away.
No clothes that are contaminated from the outside world directly or indirectly can ever touch the bed.
The living room sofas are dirty because guests sit on them, I can’t sit on them without showering and changing if I want to go into bed.
The dining table chairs are also dirty because guests sit on them, I can’t sit on them without showering and changing if I want to go to bed.
Any contact with the walls of the apartment means my clothes/body is dirty, I must change/shower before getting into bed.
If I go to the garage to get something from my car, my clothes are dirty and I must shower or change
I must Lysol wipe the entire interior of the car where we sit and the seat belt before we go anywhere or else we will need to change/shower when returning.
if I walk past the bed wearing clothes that were contaminated by the reasons stated above, the comforter must be thrown into the washer. -to do Laundry, I must open the washer and dryer, then wash my hands, then put the clothes in the dryer, then close both and wash my hands again.
I have urged her many times that this is not normal and that she needs to see a mental health professional. She claims that everything she does is normal and that everyone else is simply dirty.

We had a baby 2 months ago, and she is also passing on these tendencies to her in the guise that she is “protecting her” from germs.

Last weekend we drove 4 hours to her parents house, which involved making a stop to feed and change her. During this stop she is freaking out about her bottle being placed in a germy area(it wasn’t, I just put it on the dashboard to add the formula), or needing more Lysol. I was being yelled and screamed at for being “germy”.

So being fed up, I wanted to give an ultimatum. She’s been wanting to go on an international vacation which involves a 12 hour plane ride. I told her that if she can’t handle her germaphobic anxiety with our daughter on a 4 hour car ride, there is no way you’ll be able to handle a 12 hour flight, after going through a “germy” airport, and having to go on multiple “germy” Uber rides and taxis where they don’t Lysol wipe their seats.

So I said that until you seek help for your germaphobia by seeing a psychiatrist, there will be no vacation because I won’t enjoy it anyway if she is throwing a tantrum about germs the entire time.

She responds by telling me I’m depriving her of happiness, and tried offering back her wedding ring, accusing me of being cheap.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

value-brand cereal posted:

Ten years is a long time to hold a grudge against a then 17 yo child, good lord.

I thought he fell for the drunk driver which would've been hosed up but yeeesh, his parents need a staggering amount of therapy. How dare that girl sit in a random seat :confused:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Brandfarlig posted:

I thought he fell for the drunk driver which would've been hosed up but yeeesh, his parents need a staggering amount of therapy. How dare that girl sit in a random seat :confused:

Some people just desperately need someone to be the antagonist.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
But there is an obvious antagonist already! The drunk driver!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my wife that there will be no vacation until she sees a psychiatrist?

I did develop some obsessive-compulsive tenancies during the pandemic, but holy poo poo

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for giving my daughter a stuffed bear filled with human hair?

quote:

My (33 M) wife (31 F) and I just had our daughter, our first child, three months ago.

My family has a tradition where the first born will get a special stuffed animal. I got one from my mother when I was born, who got one from her mother, who got one from her father, and so on and so on. The reason that it's special is because the stuffing is made from their parent's hair.

The way it works is that once a child is old enough to start getting their hair cut, their parent will save as much of that hair as they can. When the child becomes a parent themselves, the new grandparent will use the saved hair to make a stuffed animal to give to the baby. The hair in the toy represents the new parent's connection to the child and is a tangible measure that shows that they'll always be close by; the care taken by the new grandparent in collecting the hair and using it to make the toy represents the child's connection to it's family history and is a tangible measure that shows the extended family will always support them. In short, the stuffed animal is a way of connecting the new life to their new family.

After my daughter was born, my mother spent a lot of time making a stuffed bear from scratch to fill with my childhood hair. She just finished last week. Since my leave from work is just about over, I was excited to give my daughter the bear and share the tradition with my wife. I thought she would think it was sweet, but she blew up at me.

Instead of liking the bear, my wife said it was gross and disgusting and that she wouldn't have it around her daughter. I told her that it's our daughter, not hers, and that there's nothing disgusting about my family's tradition. She said it was unhygienic. I told her that it's not; the hair is clean and well preserved. We argued, and eventually she said that if I ever put "that thing" near her daughter, that she would throw it in the trash. I was shocked. This is something that represents decades of my mother's work and planning and generations of my family's history. I told my wife that if she's so cruel and callous about something that means so much to me and my family, then she's not the person I thought she was. She just called my family's tradition "weird and culty."

I didn't know what to do. I didn't think my wife was this kind of person. I told my mother about the fight, and now she's feuding with my wife too. My wife then got her family involved before calling me some vulgar names, but am I really an a**hole for wanting to give my special girl her special bear?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Nebrilos posted:

Which "A" colluded with in order to kill off all the other girls in the car. Sheesh, weren't you following along?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Babies hair into their first caligraphy pens = kind of cute but a lil weird
Baby hair saved for 30 years to make a really lovely stuffed bear because human hair is a poo poo stuffing to the point where there is no way this is a true story = too weird not enough cute

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

value-brand cereal posted:

yeah reading some of the comments is like... jesus christ OP your parents are terrible

they actually told the girl that she should have died instead, on multiple occassions. girl's parents got a no-contact order on them for her when she was a minor. fuckin. yikes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"The drunk driver deliberately hit one side of the car and not the other because he magically knew A was in the car and wanted to spare her, so it's all A's fault" is some heartbreakingly convoluted thinking. I think these people may be unwell!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Barudak posted:

Babies hair into their first caligraphy pens = kind of cute but a lil weird
Baby hair saved for 30 years to make a really lovely stuffed bear because human hair is a poo poo stuffing to the point where there is no way this is a true story = too weird not enough cute

I figured the bear was stuffed like a regular bear and just had like, some of the hair in the middle somewhere, not that the hair was the only stuffing in it.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for wanting the house built a certain way without paying?

quote:

(Edit: The response I got really made me realize what kind of relationship Im in. I made a couple reservations to see some cheap apartments near my work and am waiting for their response. I let him know how I feel and his response wasnt good enough for me to stay. Thank you)

Yay!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

teen witch posted:

This family definitely knows and is friends with the Timothy the Mouse family. I feel this in my bones.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Which "A" colluded with in order to kill off all the other girls in the car. Sheesh, weren't you following along?

This sequel to Deathproof sucks and Deathproof is already not a great movie.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Antivehicular posted:

This family definitely knows and is friends with the Timothy the Mouse family. I feel this in my bones.

They probably also live on the same block as the trunk full of teeth family.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brandfarlig posted:

Survivor's Guilt by Proxy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nebrilos posted:

Status and control

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mr. Lobe posted:

Status and control

Yep, I've mentioned him before by my friend's ex demands custody of his kids he doesn't want to support in any way simply for that sweet sweet control over their lives. It's purely used as a weapon against their mom to prevent them from going on longer vacations or seeing family out of province.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Another contender for the acid vat!

My (28F) BF's (27M) best friend is driving me insane with his pranks

quote:

throwaway because I suspect they use reddit

I've been been dating bf 'Bill' for about six months, relationship is mostly good

the problem is Bill's best friend and apartment-mate 'Ted'

Ted is a youtuber who loves to prank people and record their reactions to the prank and then to him revealing it. I've had it up to my keister with Ted's poo poo. things he's done since I started dating Bill:

tried to me think Bill was cheating on me

made us think someone broke into the apartment when I was staying the night with Bill

made me think my car had been towed while staying at Bill's

visited my apartment with Bill and made me think I'd lost personal items

threw chopped up ghost peppers into food I was making when my back was turned

repeatedly ordered food for me (we occasionally order out together) that included ingredients he knows I'm sensitive to

made Bill think I was pregnant

and that's just stuff I can think of immediately

I don't like ultimatums and I really don't want to tell Bill to choose between Ted or me but Ted is driving me insane and telling him to stop just means 'you're too wound up!' 'you need to laugh more!' 'The stick up your arse is so big it's stuck in the mud!' and similar bs

is there a polite way to make Ted quit this short of hoping he'll do something I can call the cops on him for?
tl;dr: bf's best friend/roommate is driving me insane with pranks for youtube, don't want to force bf to choose between me or him but don't know what to do

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

Another contender for the acid vat!

My (28F) BF's (27M) best friend is driving me insane with his pranks

Roommate is jealous. Either he's trying to get into the boyfriend's pants or can't maintain a relationship of his own for obvious reasons.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Hughlander posted:

AITA for being mad at my parents because they withheld information about my medical history from me?

How dare you get ahold of your own medical records! That's private and not for you!

private because...that was proof they lied to him and didnt give a poo poo about him all those years. if I was such a piece of poo poo i refused plug in the drat humidifier for my own kid - or give them life-changing medication -I'd keep that poo poo private too. I mean that's just basically making GBS threads yourself as a parent

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for not celebrating my daughter’s 18th birthday?

quote:

Myself 40F and my husband 42M have a daughter (S) who just turned 18 and an only child. She has barely talked to us over the past few days and I wanted some perspective.

Historically, we haven’t always been there for her birthday because myself and my husband work long hours. We get S a cake, have a nice dinner at home on the closest day off to her birthday but it’s rare we spend the actual day with her.

For her 18th, S wanted to do something with her friends and because me and my husband were working that night, we agreed. She proposed the idea of an escape room with 11 of her other friends and it would be a competition, 6 vs 6 and finished with a meal after somewhere. We agreed and said we would pay for her meal. She and her friends would pay for the escape room themselves.

However, a couple of her friends she wanted to come with her aren’t great with money. They’ve borrowed money from my daughter before and have been a bit late paying her back so we were hesitant in letting her book the escape room until we knew everyone had given her the money. My daughter was scared someone else would book the escape room (this was a week before her birthday) and asked to book it. We said no and put our foot down but my daughter went ahead and booked it with her friends anyway.

S went behind our backs so we told her that what she did was wrong and disrespectful and that there wouldn’t be any cake or a dinner this year and we stuck to our word. On our day off, we didn’t do anything and she just sulked in her room.

It’s now a few days after her birthday. We asked if she had fun and she said everyone paid her and the night was fun and that was that. My husband doesn’t think we did anything wrong but I think I heard her crying in her room. She’s still icy with us so AITA for not doing anything for her 18th?

EDIT - We both work 6 days a week on 12 hour shifts for our business. Without us, it wouldn’t run so we can’t book time off. Hence why we always spent the closest day off we have to our daughters birthday with her.

EDIT 2 - Our business is a takeaway we’ve had since she was born. It was either pursue university but have no means to live or find a new venture and have a means to live. My husband is the head chef and I work out front serving customers. We hold the business up and we’ve had to so we have an income.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Nebrilos posted:

To hurt and inconvenience his ex-wife and/or because he views children as possessions and just wants to have them tallied up as points for his team. He's not actually interested in caring for them and will dump them on the nearest female-shaped person or scarecrow as soon as he gets the chance. Plus you pay less child support the more often you have custody of the kids. Pretty common character archetype in r/relationships land and also real life.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:murder:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Some people just desperately need someone to be the antagonist.

Nebrilos posted:

I did develop some obsessive-compulsive tenancies during the pandemic, but holy poo poo

In the comments, OP clarifies the drunk driver who murdered his sister died in the crash, so is unfortunately impossible to punish. Absent that, his lovely parents have latched on to abusing A instead for some reason.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 8, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thumbtacks posted:

Pete alert

AITA for “demanding” my GF to change her dress for a wedding?

This is 100% a pete reskin

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I swear that this is a rewrite of an old one about an extreme germaphobe whose reaction was to getting a bacterial infection, and they've just shoehorned COVID into it.

Does anyone recall what I'm talking about/have the original and its update?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for calling out my hypocritical holier than thou uncle for having a mistress?

quote:

My (20f) uncle (48m) is one of those "good christians" who always breaks the rules he preaches to everyone else and loses his poo poo when called out on it 🙄.

I'm a camgirl (immediate family knows, hyper religious extended family didn't until now), he "accidentally" found my camgirl profile, he printed up images of it, and passed it around to all the adults at a family gathering (he wasn't aware my parents knew, then he berated them for loving me anyway), then spitting out random Bible verses and vitriol towards me, calling me names I don't care to repeat.

Background: he has a Mistress (surprise surprise, remember the church rules don't apply to him), my other uncle told my mother in confidence and she told me but ordered me to never repeat it because she wanted to keep the peace and it would "cause drama." She said she knows her brother is a jerk but he will never change so we should just go along to get along. He has a separate apartment for regular meetings with said mistress.

I was going to keep my mouth shut and just said "and what exactly what we're you doing on a camgirl site?" Then my aunt came in and yelled at me for "accusing" her husband of looking at "whores" online.

They just kept both yelling at me and in a moment of anger I blurted out "how's your Mistress by the way? Does she like the new apartment?" I said it without even thinking I didn't want to cause my mom problems, my other uncle (the one who told her) yelled at my mother saying she wasn't supposed to tell anyone, my mother ran away crying. I went to to comfort her and apologize that it was an accident but now she won't speak to me, but I feel I had every right to defend myself against this hypocritical rear end (the two timing holier than thou uncle).

And the rest of the family is upset with ME for "airing dirty laundry"

AITA?

stones, nukes

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Hughlander posted:

AITA for being mad at my parents because they withheld information about my medical history from me?

How dare you get ahold of your own medical records! That's private and not for you!

:killing:

r/relationships: My mom said they didn't try medication because it was too much of a hassle to remember to give me the pills.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Mx. posted:

AITA for calling out my hypocritical holier than thou uncle for having a mistress?

Uncle Slutsky is at it again.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mx. posted:

stones, nukes

"Don't cause drama and keep the peace"
*Uncle prints out photos of his niece's sex work that he stumbled on "accidentally" and distributes them to the family*

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Who are we murdering here? Surely not the husband who we can all agree did nothing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Breetai posted:

I swear that this is a rewrite of an old one about an extreme germaphobe whose reaction was to getting a bacterial infection, and they've just shoehorned COVID into it.

Does anyone recall what I'm talking about/have the original and its update?

That sounds dimly familiar. Do you remember any useful search terms from it? I'm having trouble finding anything about bacterial infections.