Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I am quite convince that the loaner deck is terrible on purpose. Npc deck are very consistent and well made with just enough power to beat out your best monster either in atk or effect.

There’s also at one point where I monster reborned a monster from their grave that is a direct counter to their own deck to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
I used reborn on a blowback dragon, the board had only a single backrow that I managed to destroy with it's effect.

The backrow was waking the dragon.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I beat that one in true Joey fashion out of sheer luck. Opponent bricked 2 turns and I finally saw a second level 4 monster.

The Yugi vs Pegasus one was so much worse I thought, because if nothing else Toons have like 3 search spells on top of extrav. Astonished I beat that one. More astonished that opponent bricked after two extravs. I loved the Magical Hats against the deck based around direct attacks and the Curse of Dragon that searches the zero Gaia Spell/Traps played in the deck.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Honestly I just used the loaners on the one that gave 200 gems and the mate base. Everything else I just stomped with my regular deck because what do I need more Legacy Pack garbage for?

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I actually get a usuable combo in on the Ultimate Ebon Magician duel but of course they find a way to out my untargetable (with card effect) monsters anyway.

I really am feeling stubborn but this is not teaching anyone anything apart from Konami really over value 200 gems.

Edit: 5 attempts later I win because I have Raijeki and Harpies in my hand along with a Silent Swordsman. They set everything on the field and I wipe it, set the Silent Swordsman (who gains attack every turn and can negate one spell effect) so they essentially never get going from then on. Weird and anticlimactic.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 7, 2022

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

girl dick energy posted:

I always 3-of Maxx C. Always.

I'm thinking of just slapping Maxx C. on my Kozmo deck. Not because I actually need or can use the draw power, but because a lot of the big meta decks in the game hate it. And if you can make a Drytron player sad, you should.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cleretic posted:

I'm thinking of just slapping Maxx C. on my Kozmo deck. Not because I actually need or can use the draw power, but because a lot of the big meta decks in the game hate it. And if you can make a Drytron player sad, you should.
Kozmo buddy! I run it in mine, along with 3x Ash + 2x Called By The Grave, though I should admittedly probably cut back on just how many of the latter two I'm running.

My friend recommended 3x Kaiser Colosseum because of how well it works in Sky Striker, and it's doing work. The god hand is Tincan into Dark Lady with a Dark Destroyer in hand and Kaiser Colosseum in play. Double extra bonus points if you also pulled Kozmojo or Called By The Grave for extra disruption.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 7, 2022

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I get Max C being top tier card, and that it can get you cards you need for counter play etc, but with Prank Kids I don't think it's as useful as in other decks. I've probably found it more useful to just eat a negate so they hopefully cant interrupt my plays as easily if I go second.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dabir posted:

Amano-Iwato is there to turn Shinobaroness into a kind-of Magician of Black Chaos MAX replacement, since we don't have that three year old card in Master Duel for some reason.

It's not in the game because it has Takahashi art and there's a bunch of stuff going on about him not letting cards with his art out of Japan anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Touchdown Boy posted:

I get Max C being top tier card, and that it can get you cards you need for counter play etc, but with Prank Kids I don't think it's as useful as in other decks. I've probably found it more useful to just eat a negate so they hopefully cant interrupt my plays as easily if I go second.

It's not just that. Card advantage is absolutely huge in YGO. If you activate it in response to an effect that'll special summon, then you're going +0, at minimum. An Upstart. If they make even one more play, you've gone +1, a Pot. And every one beyond that gets more and more powerful. You get better extenders, more ways to play though THEIR negates, more openers, more removal. If you wanna eat a negate and power through, Maxx C makes that easier, because it gives you more cards for said powering through.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah YGO is definitely a game where almost always, having more cards in your hand is a good thing. It's a lot different to like, Pokemon or Shadowverse where you're hard limited by amount of cards you can play per turn or card costs or hand size limits.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vandar posted:

It's not in the game because it has Takahashi art and there's a bunch of stuff going on about him not letting cards with his art out of Japan anymore.

Fucks sake

Are they still arguing about magi magi magician gal's cleavage or

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Fucks sake

Are they still arguing about magi magi magician gal's cleavage or

Basically yeah. From my understanding his stance is 'if all my art can't go without being censored, then none of my art goes'.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hang on, it WAS released in the west. In the same set as BEAUD and a bunch of others.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah Maxx C is very good in a deck like Prank-Kids for drawing you into additional interaction or allowing you to find combos that break your normal summon dependency (eg fusion spell + 2 prank kids monsters).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Hang on, it WAS released in the west. In the same set as BEAUD and a bunch of others.

Yeah, but he's going as far as to keep his art out of games now too.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Why the gently caress is Konami even still censoring cards anyway? Are we really still stuck in the 50s mindset of "If Little Timmy sees an exposed thigh he'll turn into wanton, drug-addicted sex fiend"?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Also censored religious symbols, guns, and violence.

Also also, I just met the fabled Drytron Player Who Can't Read and got his entire deck shut down by a drunken tapir because he apparently wasn't running any spell based removal.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Anyone found a way to phone post their deck without having to make at least 3 screenshots?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I feel like Drytron probably should be able to activate Natasha through a Tapir.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Anyone found a way to phone post their deck without having to make at least 3 screenshots?
Pure text?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, Natasha should work. Bagooska negates effects of monsters that were in Defense when that effect was activated, and Natasha is in the GY when it activates.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Natasha itselr certainly works, I was wondering if Bagooska would shut the combo down enough to stop you getting there. I suspect not given that the only thing it really blocks is Diviner.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiieT9sKwd4
Blew up their Torrential, got Torrentialed anyway, but Vespenato and Block Dragon are good cards so doesn't matter lol. I checked their deck afterwards, they had two TTs and drew both turn 1.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I will give due credit, I never understood why Block Dragon was a big deal until doing the Megalith solo duel with it. At which point I instantly understood why that fucker needed to eat a ban.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yo, dawg, we heard you like recursion, so we gave your recurring monster recursion so it can recur while it's recurring.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
It's a dragon ruler. It's not a dragon ruler like people just say things are a dragon ruler. It's just a dragon ruler.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's a dragon ruler. It's not a dragon ruler like people just say things are a dragon ruler. It's just a dragon ruler.

Block, Dragon Ruler of Legos. :v:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Natasha itselr certainly works, I was wondering if Bagooska would shut the combo down enough to stop you getting there. I suspect not given that the only thing it really blocks is Diviner.

Natasha only works if you're running it. Looking at his deck list... Access Code Talker, and Raigeki are his only outs to Bagooska after he burned the Herald of Orange Light on my Evil Twin. Watching him try Ultimateness, Zeus, and a few other thing was hilarious though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Really doesn't hurt that EARTH/Rock have some absolutely fantastic recursion and GY advantage as it is.

Looking at you, Revival Golem.

Edit: Banishing Giant Rex as one of the three is another galaxy brain play.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 8, 2022

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

serefin99 posted:

Why the gently caress is Konami even still censoring cards anyway? Are we really still stuck in the 50s mindset of "If Little Timmy sees an exposed thigh he'll turn into wanton, drug-addicted sex fiend"?

The most gratuitous of this is probably Spy-C-Spy. It's basically a Spot the Difference picture with all the little ways the Japanese art was censored for the western release:

1. Wine bottles on the table removed or swapped with orange juice. 2. Hearts in the eyes of a background character removed. 3. Dress covers up the thigh of the woman in the red dress. 4. Weapon on her thigh invisible. 5. Cleavage made less obvious. 6. Cigar and wine glass removed from the man in the foreground. 7. Woman in the green dress given substantially less cleavage. I'm not even sure if I've got them all, but it serves as a nice summary of all the different things that get removed for the non-Japanese releases.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

serefin99 posted:

YGO never got out of the 4Kids era, even outside of the anime. Cards are randomly renamed for no reason (sometimes causing bad issues down the line) and artwork is constantly censored. It's genuinely really bad but also it'll never stop because it sells anyways.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This is still my favourite example

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Four simple words for you:

"except Frog The Jam"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some of the changes I almost understand, from a "hyperaware of the potential issues from censorship laws" angle. But why remove a cartoonish pinched cheek?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

God I have no idea what they thought they were doing with that, going from "what are you chucklefucks up to ha ha" to "oh god what are you doing"

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Probably to censor bullying?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

FreezingInferno posted:

Four simple words for you:

"except Frog The Jam"

Oh god, that's a whole other kind of work. The original printing of Hundred Eyes Dragon was named Hundred-Eyes Dragon. They changed it because they later realized that it would make the card work with Red-Eyes support cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Skios posted:

Oh god, that's a whole other kind of work. The original printing of Hundred Eyes Dragon was named Hundred-Eyes Dragon. They changed it because they later realized that it would make the card work with Red-Eyes support cards.
"Wait, why would it work with Re- ohhhhhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
And who could forget our old friend Arsenal Summoner?