Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Those are some spicy jaggies and textures

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New profile pic stuff up for NSO members. It's now focused on the Cascade Kingdom from Odyssey.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Those are some spicy jaggies and textures

I guess it's fine if you play in handheld mode but as a shut-in due to a pandemic who plays in handheld when your tv is right there

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
At this point it would be strange and unsettling if Pokemon was a graphical showcase.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I guess it's fine if you play in handheld mode but as a shut-in due to a pandemic who plays in handheld when your tv is right there
If you've never wanted to play your Switch in bed I dunno what to tell you.

Also some of us still go to work.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
switch is for comfy balcony gaming if you have one

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

I can't have my switch at work

Switch is too heavy and awkward to hold in bed without it falling on my face or w/e

hatty posted:

nor do I have a balcony

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have an OG Switch, so for some games, the battery just doesn't last very long. Also, holding joycons, especially above you if you're lying on your back, is super uncomfy. I still play handheld once in a while, but I do love docked.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Sorry, my TV is basically my Sony Station. I prefer playing handheld even when I'm at home.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You suspend the switch over your head? Why not just crook your neck a bit and just hold it slightly above your chest? I can use the switch in bed for at least 1 hour before getting tired arms. 3DS was a different story it being so vertical allowed you to rest it on your chest I could play like that in bed for as long as I wished, GOAT handheld

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I just prop another pillow under my head and rest the console (Switch, 3DS, Vita, etc) on my belly while I play. Granted, that might not work as well for goons who aren't fat slobs like me. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
now I feel like a weirdo, just leaning back in my comfy chair when playing handheld

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Playing Switch in bed is so comfy., even though the TV is only a few feet away.

Ever since I got the OLED been playing far more on handheld.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I can't have my switch at work

Switch is too heavy and awkward to hold in bed without it falling on my face or w/e

nor do I have a balcony

"these valid use cases don't apply to me specifically therefore don't count"

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

true grift kings :worship:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How.

How does Doom 2016 run this well and still look this good?

How?

Man, Panic Button are kings and queens of porting. Beautiful stuff.

IdTech is aggressively scalable (since even Quake3 and Doom3) and just great art design. Plus Panic Button seem to have a really good grasp on Nvidia Tegra hardware. It's not as weak as some people insist, but you can't brute force it like you can with your usual consoles.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

what’s up with these dynamax battles in Pokémon sword. why do I have to deal with these single digit iq ai companions

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ChocNitty posted:

Is Earthbound playable and fun for someone who didn’t play it back in the SNES days?

I played it for the first time 2 years ago, it is a delightful game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think they were pretty explicit that just the wild area was open

They also came out and said Legends was not pokemon BotW after the internet decided it was

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if you were to pick one of the packs first, would you go with Baldur's Gate 1/2 or Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale first?

my heart says Placescape

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still debating on getting one of those gooseneck mounts in order to suspend my switch over my head in bed and have the joycons in my hands comfortably wherever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if you were to pick one of the packs first, would you go with Baldur's Gate 1/2 or Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale first?

my heart says Placescape

Planescape because you don't have to do any combat in that.

But Icewind Dale is all combat....

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm still debating on getting one of those gooseneck mounts in order to suspend my switch over my head in bed and have the joycons in my hands comfortably wherever.

Do it op. Treat yourself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Planescape because you don't have to do any combat in that.

But Icewind Dale is all combat....

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27 posted:

Please post every time it slips out of the cradle and smashes you in the face

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1501174625933438989?s=21

Come on, Eurogamer, just call them Italians.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Bust Rodd posted:

Andy Capp looking prick there

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Bust Rodd posted:

This is inevitably going to happen.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

eightysixed posted:

This is inevitably going to happen.

It's never happened to me :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Andy Capp looking prick there

Aye, beat me to it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Commander Keene posted:

I forced myself to play Mario Kart 8 in handheld mode last night to justify my OLED purchase and it’s pretty sweet.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Detective No. 27 posted:

I do this and it feels great. I lie on my back with my arms resting at my side.

I got one that advertised it can hold a Switch and it really can. I've had it for years and it's never come close to coming loose. For $20 it was totally worth it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I got one that advertised it can hold a Switch and it really can. I've had it for years and it's never come close to coming loose. For $20 it was totally worth it.

That sounds like a solid purchase, I’m in. Some of you goons have funky bodies; if I’m in bed and rest the Switch on my torso my neck has to tilt so much it’s painful.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
that's why everyone calls you ol' stiff neck

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aye, beat me to it.

It has just prompted an incredible idea in my head: gently caress the Nickelodeon fighting game, we need a Viz based smash clone. Biffa Bacon versus his mam and dad, and the Fat Slags as an Ice Climber style dual character. Buster Gonad's final smash: he drops his unfeasibly large testicles on the entire stage.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Do you have a link to the one you bought?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I got the ACNH Switch in Oct 2020 and I mainly play handheld. You folks are making me want the OLED. Stop it. :mad:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my heart says Placescape

Disco Elysium instead (but for real disco elysium is often compared to planescape torment)

Bust Rodd posted:

Lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Palmtree Panic posted:

At this point it would be strange and unsettling if Pokemon was a graphical showcase.

:hai:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Morter posted:

I got the ACNH Switch in Oct 2020 and I mainly play handheld. You folks are making me want the OLED. Stop it. :mad:

Was pretty meh at the OLED reveal, but it really is a massive improvement if you play handheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Especially in a hammock