Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Lol, I'm a loving idiot and my eyes are bad.

Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hang your head. Like he would actually go during the emergency.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/MaryTay49866112/status/1501033113471762434

Twitter really rots the brain

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm still hanging in there for president Eddie McGuire

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
President Bill Shorten

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

President Bill Shorten

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Anidav posted:

President Bill Shorten

:eyepop:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I think it's more a reference to the fact that Mick Fanning, the Sikh Volunteers and the Hemsworth brothers have all made significant contribution to flood relief while our government has done nothing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anidav posted:

President Bill Shorten

big if true

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
High Chancellor Albanese

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

Amoeba102 posted:

I bet he's in hawaii, called in sick with covid so he's got a week out of the public eye

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Amoeba102 posted:

Should have been my first clue.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

https://twitter.com/thomsonwithap98/status/1501164466880524292?s=21

:shepicide:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

cannot fathom why the "doomer" movement exists.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Anidav posted:

President Bill Shorten

i sincerely take everything from the last 6 years back.

I now endorse this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

"Class war". Oh, you mean like where everyone gets paid a living wage and where billionaires pay more tax than someone on minimum wage?

When you've let the right control the narrative and even the language, you've already lost.

Also, "climate wars". Just gently caress me.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I mean technically you can end wars by winning them…

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hopefully he's just promising to end Labor's class (upper) and war on the climate.

Burn the card again Anidav, you know you want to.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm still hanging in there for president Eddie McGuire

The Australian Zelensky equivalent is Micallef. Been around for ages, friendly and recognisable face, comedy is pretty hit and miss, but a lot of people would vote for him and you can actually imagine he might have the stones to step up and be a serious actor in a crisis. Lacks the 40-something hottie factor at this stage, but hey, you can't have everything.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

albaneses gonna do workchoices

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Promotes entire SDA board to ministry of labour.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

freebooter posted:

The Australian Zelensky equivalent is Micallef. Been around for ages, friendly and recognisable face, comedy is pretty hit and miss, but a lot of people would vote for him and you can actually imagine he might have the stones to step up and be a serious actor in a crisis. Lacks the 40-something hottie factor at this stage, but hey, you can't have everything.

William McInnes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If they sent Ben roberts smith to the floods they would need a lot fewer helicopters to evac people

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
President Kyle Sandilands

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Promotes entire SDA board to ministry of labour.

RAFFWU in shambles

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/AaronFinch5/status/1482663841360416770?s=20&t=Cc8GIq0Kg7zBW3PD-ENQWw

Never not right.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Centusin posted:

President Kyle Sandilands

This is what we deserve

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

freebooter posted:

My favourite Shaun Micallef joke is something from way way back in his Full Frontal David McGhan days, where he made a joke about building a bridge between the earth and the moon out of toast.

I don't remember the context, and to be fair I don't think I want to. But it is something I think about often, and the phrase "Earth to moon toast bridge" will never fail to make me or my brother laugh like idiots.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Our Zelenzky would be like... Rove.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Basically anyone would be better at running the country or leading during a crisis than a politician.
Bring back Ricky Muir

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

If they sent Ben roberts smith to the floods they would need a lot fewer helicopters to evac people

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Scomo over the livewiththe virus yet?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

Basically anyone would be better at running the country or leading during a crisis than a politician.
Bring back Ricky Muir

The people who are most likely to end up running the country are the people least capable of actually doing it.

The political system at work!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

My favourite Shaun Micallef joke is something from way way back in his Full Frontal David McGhan days, where he made a joke about building a bridge between the earth and the moon out of toast.

I don't remember the context, and to be fair I don't think I want to. But it is something I think about often, and the phrase "Earth to moon toast bridge" will never fail to make me or my brother laugh like idiots.

His Milo Kerrigan stuff was also excellent.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
David McGahans World

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My theory is that Albanese and Shorten switched bodies in 2017 via a curse and are unable to tell us of the curse to the outside world causing Australia to reject a uncharismatic Left wing Shorten and embrace a right wing weird accented uncle Albanese.

We must undo the curse.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Albo is useless and a bad leader but it turns out the Australian created that 'quote' out of nowhere

The actual things he said are still anti-inspiring but they successfully got people mad at him over something that never happened

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Seemlar posted:

Albo is useless and a bad leader but it turns out the Australian created that 'quote' out of nowhere

The actual things he said are still anti-inspiring but they successfully got people mad at him over something that never happened

Love our media that can fabricate things out of whole cloth with no repurcussions whatsoever.

I wish the media reforms bill had passed.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BrigadierSensible posted:

Beyond the Moon Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtokOQgUTDI

there's a shitload of old Full Frontal stuff on YouTube, all the Micallef stuff is still great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the first politician to do a decent poiter will rule until death and possibly beyond