Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Email I received this morning from the data breach people:

quote:

Dear Mr Dead Goon

We write with an update in relation to your Labour Party data breach claim.

Further to our last update we are still waiting to hear from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regarding our report that Labour failed to respond to a number of you who made subject access requests; it is unfortunately usual for the ICO to take some time to deal with such complaints and we continue to chase.

In the meantime we are now in correspondence with solicitors for the Labour Party and their two agents, Blackbaud & Tangent regarding both data breaches and have sought the opinion of a cyber expert as to the cause of both cyber attacks and whether any of your data may have appeared online or been sold on.

We intend to ask a number of you to make subject access requests to Blackbaud and Tangent shortly in an effort to obtain more information from them and will be in touch with those individuals directly.

We expect to provide a further update in early April.

[Snipe edit] More than 26 email addresses and other such personal information was leaked by the Labour Party because they are useless.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

WhatEvil posted:

Canadians are losing their minds because petrol prices have gone up... it's now at the equivalent of ~£1.03 per litre.

Like, it is a real crisis for a lot of people here so I don't want to minimise it but it's also wild that they don't realise they've had really cheap prices relative to average earnings, compared to much of the world, for a really long time.

yeah i remember filling up a big saloon car and it was like 30 bucks, easily would have cost 70 quid in the u.k. for the same thing

i think i went back in to check that i hadnt underpaid!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Someone was telling me yesterday that a friend of theirs is whatever the chauffeur equivalent of a luxury yacht is (pilot?) and they just paid £500k to refill the tank! (Obviously not their own money but of whichever oligarch - Russian or otherwise - they drive the boat for) and apparently the quotes were going up £30k a day as the prices changed!

good

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1501207352002940934?s=20&t=0ph1Ahrd15Y2BBJ0uqq21w

Seems like enthusiastically welcoming defecting Tories into the Labour party may not actually be the best plan

quote:

It added that Mr Bercow's conduct "was so serious that, had he still been a Member of Parliament, we would have determined that he should be expelled by resolution of the House", and that he would be banned from being getting a pass giving him access to Parliament's buildings.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Sounds like Berkow is the perfect fit for the Labour Party.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

Seems like enthusiastically welcoming defecting Tories into the Labour party may not actually be the best plan
They've been planning to be the party of upper-middle management pricks for a while so it might well work.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

This is literally across the road from the new offices for my company (which have been closed today for obvious reasons, not that I was in because we're mostly work from home still, but I was there last week).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisTheHills/status/1500229638097936390

I wonder if she's got a new film coming out or something.
Proving Nate Bethea right again, british media loves to invent a person and get mad at the things the person they invented would say. It's like a straw man except hyperaccelerated and aggrandised to the point that it becomes Nicholas Cage's version of the Wicker Man.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I accidentally took my kids to a Jeremy Corbyn rally – how could I explain Stop the War to them?

who ever said adrian chiles wrote the most guff for the guardian , i have no idea what point she’s trying to make here

aside from 1 quid per word or whatever they’re getting

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jel Shaker posted:

I accidentally took my kids to a Jeremy Corbyn rally – how could I explain Stop the War to them?

who ever said adrian chiles wrote the most guff for the guardian , i have no idea what point she’s trying to make here

I regret that I read it too. Absolute shite

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Or in British newspaper smear language "I dragged my kids to listen to an alcoholic Tsarist while eating overpriced vegetables and water but we accidentally ended up at a speech against starting a global nuclear war."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They have a sign saying war is bad and no to putin, which is so obvious as to be pointless, also i am convinced they are pro putin.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 8, 2022

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I used to think that people who always talked about Corbyn living rent free in commentators heads were being overly hyperbolic.

Reader, I would like to take this opportunity to full recant. I was wrong. He is the king of squatters.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"I don't think that Labour should proscribe Stop The War, maybe", but I'm only going to refer to that debate obliquely surrounded by an extended primary school essay about "my day out to Itsu, ruined by the Assadist Corbyn."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1501231127432155140

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Douglas Murray having an impressive moment of self awareness in the spectator.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-the-right-gets-wrong-about-putin

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

this is in that category of Guardian pieces where I get to the end and I'm thinking "Where's the rest of it?" Four paragraphs of set up then forgot to write the actual article.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Sounds like Berkow is the perfect fit for the Labour Party.

They'll be inviting Priti Patel anytime soon. Another perfect fit for Nu Nu Labour.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Nu Nu Labour.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

WhatEvil posted:

Canadians are losing their minds because petrol prices have gone up... it's now at the equivalent of ~£1.03 per litre.

Like, it is a real crisis for a lot of people here so I don't want to minimise it but it's also wild that they don't realise they've had really cheap prices relative to average earnings, compared to much of the world, for a really long time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It is, but it also means that the fuel costs for a lot of companies are flying into the stratosphere and they absolutely cannot absorb them, so look forward to more price increases across the board!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I welcome the Teletubbies referring to me as naughty, but ask that they go further and also chase me around the room.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the tubby tustard is *schniff* ideology.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
It varies quite a bit across the country https://gasprices.aaa.com/

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
gas prices, aaa

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why has everyone started pronouncing Kiev as Keeeve, did I miss the memo?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Kiev is the Russian name, the Ukrainian is Kyiv, and British people suck at pronouncing things

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I assume the same reason everyone started spelling it kyiv, because that's probably closer to the correct pronunciation and suddenly everyone is very keen to be performatively supportive about things they didn't give a poo poo about last month.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I think the old wrong way might be closer to the correct way than the new wrong way is.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

keep punching joe posted:

Why has everyone started pronouncing Kiev as Keeeve, did I miss the memo?

I'm really confused by the new spelling. Does it rhyme with Steve? Or is it like Cai-Ev?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE1f6GUvG5Y

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I assume the same reason everyone started spelling it kyiv, because that's probably closer to the correct pronunciation and suddenly everyone is very keen to be performatively supportive about things they didn't give a poo poo about last month.

I feel that there are good reasons why people previously uninterested in Ukraine may now be very interested indeed

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I think it's fine to call it Kiev. English has its own names for other peoples' cities, like most languages. Nobody calls Paris ~Pareee~ except French people

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mumbai Sapphire

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cathay and Peking.

Anyway it's prolly going to officially be Kiev again soon enough, sadly.

e: Russia has received some support from Cathay; Peking is keen to maintain close relations with Muscowy.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 8, 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I think it's fine to call it Kiev. English has its own names for other peoples' cities, like most languages. Nobody calls Paris ~Pareee~ except French people

Yeah I mean this is my take on most of these things tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Private Speech posted:

Cathay and Peking.
Asian explorers once believed that Cathays and Cardiff were two separate places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Still calling it Burma, don't like it there's the door :britain: