Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why did the guy stop making beartato comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

He wanted to make a different comic that had a story and stuff.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Bodycount: 225 228
+2 Gerhardsen goons
+1 innocent, probably very confused shark

Does the chainsaw etin count as two kills?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Didn't buy enough Crammerz (tm)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

FFT posted:

Someone tell me this isn't going to suddenly stop like the angry sword girl comic is going to

editing to clarify: not talking about Thorsby's angry sword girl comic, HFD has an ending

there are approximately 110 owls before the creator decided to draw their shadowrun campaign instead

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there are approximately 110 owls before the creator decided to draw their shadowrun campaign instead

That's not a lot of comics, considering there's like 30 in the first few pages.

Also most web comics meet their end when they've been killed, or when they've died, rarely because they end. It's just a sad reality of the medium.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There are a couple of webcomics that had really good endings that I want to post here, except they've subsequently become books and are no longer available online.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

posting some bonus owls

like i said, the author did stickers for a while. i think these were they.

it's a shame the stickers are not available anymore, i would have liked to be able to stick owls to things. there's more stuff here though if you just want to gawk

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

The Lone Badger posted:

There are a couple of webcomics that had really good endings that I want to post here, except they've subsequently become books and are no longer available online.

I've been thinking of posting Stand Still, Stay Silent. I haven't followed it in a few years, but that's mostly 'cause life got in the way, not because I lost interest, so it would be kinda fun going in blind on the second half. Though I am also aware that the author had a bizarre conversion to christianity a little while back and I have no idea how that may have affected the comic, so that's something to keep in mind. It also wrapped up earlier this year, though there are still epilogue pages being posted from time to time

I might start later today once I've sorted out a few other things

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

I love that they're just drinking tea while they discuss this (and continue pointing guns at each other).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's weird to me that neither of them take milk, nor remove the spoon

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

That's what's weird to you?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Boba Pearl posted:

That's not a lot of comics, considering there's like 30 in the first few pages.

Also most web comics meet their end when they've been killed, or when they've died, rarely because they end. It's just a sad reality of the medium.
Opplopolis came back! It might get to die twice.

also I should post that one here, it was a hit in the bad webcomics thread

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

oldpainless posted:

Folks didn't buy enough sponsor snacks and Beartato died

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
While we're on the subject, what happened to Cat Loaf?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The New Adventures of the Duck Avenger, issue #10, Trauma

Written by Tito Faraci, art by Lorenzo Pastrovicchio, both names we haven't seen before. The writers and artists were never listed in the print issues I read, but these two tend to go together and Pastrovicchio's art is easily recognizable and occurs in a lot of my favorite issues, of which Trauma is one.

I don't think the cyborg and his comrades are supposed to be earthlings, the aliens in this universe just happen to also be anthropomorphic versions of earth animals.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

The spoon maybe, but tea is best without milk or sweeteners anyway :colbert:

Anyway, Bianca & Fusk drinking tea while pointing at each other with Schrödinger's handguns is such an amazing scene, it really stuck in my mind after reading the comic :D

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hempuli posted:

The spoon maybe, but tea is best without milk or sweeteners anyway :colbert:

Anyway, Bianca & Fusk drinking tea while pointing at each other with Schrödinger's handguns is such an amazing scene, it really stuck in my mind after reading the comic :D

It feels kinda fitting given both of them are so used to the specific brand of bullshit the comic is built around. One does get the vibes that Bianca has been through the same kinda poo poo that the titular Hitmen have dealt with in the course of their employment.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #528: Bathroom

==========================

Hitmen for Destiny #529: 22 minutes

==========================

Hitmen for Destiny #530: Threeway

Bodycount: 228 229
+Gerhardsen goon

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

When the hell did Annette get that mirror power? Can she just step through any mirror now?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's from when they went to the mirror world to fight and kill the fear guy

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

That wasn't a one time thing/special mirror type deal? I must have just assumed because thats how the trope usually works

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
We learned about it back when Lostclock was alive, and Annette even specifically asked if any bathroom mirror could take you to the mirror realm:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #417: Reflecting realm

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks!

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Kit Walker posted:

I've been thinking of posting Stand Still, Stay Silent. I haven't followed it in a few years, but that's mostly 'cause life got in the way, not because I lost interest, so it would be kinda fun going in blind on the second half. Though I am also aware that the author had a bizarre conversion to christianity a little while back and I have no idea how that may have affected the comic, so that's something to keep in mind. It also wrapped up earlier this year, though there are still epilogue pages being posted from time to time

I might start later today once I've sorted out a few other things

oh my God please no

It just recently finished after years of being posted

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Makai no Ossan (read right to left)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I’m happy for them

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

The Cusses of the 2 Live Crew

I don't think the movies ever indicated what sort of music James Bond liked?

It was actually Goldfish #1A Loomis Pines Trailer Court Sani-Hookup 12

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Syd Midnight posted:

oh my God please no

It just recently finished after years of being posted

If I post 5 pages a day I’ll get through it in a mere 300 days. Hardly a problem!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

pretty sure I have bought this poo poo

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

All the replies are about how sad and meaningless it is to follow Necropolis because it's going to end prematurely, but guess what, friends, we're all going to die with unfinished business someday too. So I'm going to keep posting anyway and insist it's worth enjoying.

Anyway yeah, I've read webcomics for long enough that I expect good ones to stop posting randomly, but I also expect long-dead comics to randomly start posting again. One day, the author will be in another phase-change of their career, and decide to work some more on that thing they've had on the back of their mind for ages. Or maybe they won't! It's why RSS is the only reasonable way to follow webcomics.

Opploplis is a great example, which just started up again after six years of the author saying "hey almost nobody liked this and I'm doing other stuff now, don't hold your breath for the next chapter." Eventually he reached a point where he said "whatever I'll try to finish it just to have it done." Its type of defiantly-inscrutable plot machinations are entirely my jam btw, but I don't know if it's a good fit for this thread. I might post Nine Planets Without Intelligent Life someday though: his and his brother's previous webcomic from 2003-2011. Another comic which died and revived several times iirc, it would be an exercise of intense nostalgia and possibly grief as I discover whether this thing I vaguely remember was actually good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Ditocoaf posted:

guess what, friends, we're all going to die with unfinished business someday too.

I’m not

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Yeah apparently everybody poops (when they die)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some oracle if she couldn't see this coming

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Regy Rusty posted:

Some oracle if she couldn't see this coming

She did!

Doesn't seem like it did her much good though.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm going to die surrounded by lavish silks, with all my worldly affairs finished.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm just not gonna start anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Elysiume posted:

It's this; she's grabbing the big icicle hanging off the shark's nose:

I admit that sometimes I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this comic, but boy, I sure do like it. :allears: