Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Every time you wipe in a raid, you are basically getting a sub-0 parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Just do your job quests, which you probably actually have been doing

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

There's loads of jobs I want to play but they all have these bullshit quest requirements so I just stick to running dungeons on my conjurer and ignoring people who yell at me about poo poo like "job stones"

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Quote is not edit...

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why would i lie about it? Why do people care so much?

It was an off hand observation that since they haven't required you to do quests to get abilities for 2 expansions that you still have to do them for old expansions rather than just making it consistent, and Stormblood is extra weird because they half decided to give you your abilities as you level but the final one requires the class quest. I am aware it is better to have them than not have them. It isn't a big deal.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's because you admitted to leveling a class to 90 without having its big mitigation ability and explicitly said that it was giving your healers a harder time, but instead of taking responsibility for it because you were the one queuing without your full skillset, you blamed the game for making you do content.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Ah the old adage holds true: The worst players are the loudest complainers.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
PLD has really good self healing too last time I parsed a dungeon back to back with PLD and WAR my paladin actually healed for more once you subtracted overhealing, without ever using clemency.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

PLD has really good self healing too last time I parsed a dungeon back to back with PLD and WAR my paladin actually healed for more once you subtracted overhealing, without ever using clemency.

I'd totally missed that PLD spells get a self heal at some point until I'd basically been running expert roulette on it. I'm not sure if it's optimal but when I do trash packs I'll force a magic phase a couple of seconds into a pull and that combined with my running cooldowns kept me healthy.

of course now if I'm ever tanking expert I'll do it on WAR but it was fun before I got WAR up to 90!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CJ posted:

It was an off hand observation that since they haven't required you to do quests to get abilities for 2 expansions that you still have to do them for old expansions rather than just making it consistent, and Stormblood is extra weird because they half decided to give you your abilities as you level but the final one requires the class quest. I am aware it is better to have them than not have them. It isn't a big deal.

it seems to be a big enough of a deal for you to post and complain about it.

Like it just seems so weird to admit you are inconveniencing the people you are grouping with because you're cranky about something you've identified as outdated design, like unless I read wrong, it wasn't "whoops forgot to do my quests for TBN, I feel silly"

like imagine someone not getting their job stone cause they dont wanna do some quests lol

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

being an archer is cooler than a bard though

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CJ posted:

...so did you do the quest CJ?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Vitamean posted:

Denizens of the abyss! From ink of blackest night, I su

This bothers me every time but then again actually playing out even more of that voiceline is also not really what I want

CJ posted:

It was an off hand observation that since they haven't required you to do quests to get abilities for 2 expansions that you still have to do them for old expansions rather than just making it consistent, and Stormblood is extra weird because they half decided to give you your abilities as you level but the final one requires the class quest.

They're not making fun of you because of your complaint about progression design, they're making fun of you for refusing to do the required activities to make your class work and making everyone's life harder when you're around

Like yeah, decoupling the quests from abilities is probably for the best and there's a reason why more current stuff does so, but as things are now you're still expected to do it until they change it.

Sharpen the sword if you mean to use it, don't *only* complain that it's dull

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's like saying that having to go to an inn to modify glamour plates is kind of annoying and you should be able to change them anywhere, and people saying "just go to the inn". I know i could, but it doesn't mean it's not annoying and the game would be better if they changed it.

I think it's pretty common for people to put off doing them, you just don't notice most of the time because you aren't looking at your teammate's spell books. One thing i've noticed that's pretty common is i ask a WHM why they aren't using Regen or Holy and they say they haven't done the class quests for them yet despite being in Heavensward or Stormblood. There's probably a lot of people who are doing it without being noticed because it isn't super obvious.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's incredibly obvious in dungeons when they haven't learnt Holy because they're not casting Holy lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CJ posted:

It's like saying that having to go to an inn to modify glamour plates is kind of annoying and you should be able to change them anywhere, and people saying "just go to the inn". I know i could, but it doesn't mean it's not annoying and the game would be better if they changed it.

I think it's pretty common for people to put off doing them, you just don't notice most of the time because you aren't looking at your teammate's spell books. One thing i've noticed that's pretty common is i ask a WHM why they aren't using Regen or Holy and they say they haven't done the class quests for them yet despite being in Heavensward or Stormblood. There's probably a lot of people who are doing it without being noticed because it isn't super obvious.

Those all sound like bad players who should be doing their class quests.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

all this posting when you could've been doing your job quests and skipping cutscenes to make them go even faster

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm pretty sure if I joined a savage group and said "by the way I don't have my level 70 ability" they'd just kick me.

Also trying to imagine war and gbk without Inner Release and Continuation. I don't think I'd like it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

CJ posted:

Unfortunately i got a medium house just before Endwalker came out so i'm stuck subbing. I do the daily dungeon and Frontline but yeah it doesn't look like there's any actual content for a while unless i want to try pugging Dragonsong.

drat. One wonders why you'd actively anchor yourself to staying subbed to a game you seem to actively dislike so much.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Thundarr posted:

I'm pretty sure if I joined a savage group and said "by the way I don't have my level 70 ability" they'd just kick me.

Also trying to imagine war and gbk without Inner Release and Continuation. I don't think I'd like it.

To be clear, i have all the abilities on the jobs i take into raids. It's only for dungeons where there isn't an expectation of playing at 100%.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

drat. One wonders why you'd actively anchor yourself to staying subbed to a game you seem to actively dislike so much.

Why do you think i dislike the game? I like it, the only problem is there isn't enough of it. The irony is that people are up in arms that i spend my time doing stuff i want to do and have fun doing rather than stuff i don't want to do.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If you really are speaking earnestly and not being a troll, then I will simply say that I don't get what's so bad about job quests? They tell unique stories, they have compelling characters, and they let you do something without relying on other people being around. Like someone else said, they are Content. And also, if you don't like the job, then why level it? For the achievement reward? Titles? You clearly have other tanks at 90 so it's not for the sake of role quests, which was the only reason I touched GNB despite tanking being my least favorite thing to do. And you aren't doing it because it's something you want to learn for raids, either. What's up?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

CJ eat the eggs do the job quests.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

Denizens of the abyss! From ink of blackest night, I su

okay so it's not just me

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

CJ posted:

I like it, the only problem is there isn't enough of it.

If you're looking for more things to do in game, I've heard the DRK job quests are really good.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's mainly not being in the mood to do them. I think a big problem with them is it feels like the developers made them because they were obligated to rather than because they had a story to tell. So you have stuff like the Warrior quest being about a guy name Curious Gorge or characters in the Paladin quest saying it's stupid. If the people who wrote the story don't care about it why should the player? As for why i levelled it, i like doing the daily dungeon in a get home, turn your brain off and kill some enemies while watching YouTube way. I don't think DRK is horrible to play or anything, it's just really dull so there's no reason to play it in a situation where i can bring GNB or Warrior. It functions perfectly fine as a dungeon tank and i like tanking dungeons so why not level it? I actively dislike healing though, so i haven't touched that role other than levelling WHM to 60 or so to try it out, then passively levelling it to mid 80s through Frontline and Khloe books for the role quest.

If you want proof i'm not trolling then here i guess.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Thundarr posted:

MCH can get away with it! :eng101:

CJ posted:

So you have stuff like the Warrior quest being about a guy name Curious Gorge

Please do not insult my friend Curious Gorge. He is very stupid and can only hold a single thought in his brain and it needs to be occupied with Dorgono

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 8, 2022

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cj do your loving job quests how is this so complicated what the f uck

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm not reading all those words cause you could've just done your job quests instead

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CJ posted:

It's mainly not being in the mood to do them. I think a big problem with them is it feels like the developers made them because they were obligated to rather than because they had a story to tell. So you have stuff like the Warrior quest being about a guy name Curious Gorge or characters in the Paladin quest saying it's stupid. If the people who wrote the story don't care about it why should the player? As for why i levelled it, i like doing the daily dungeon in a get home, turn your brain off and kill some enemies while watching YouTube way. I don't think DRK is horrible to play or anything, it's just really dull so there's no reason to play it in a situation where i can bring GNB or Warrior. It functions perfectly fine as a dungeon tank and i like tanking dungeons so why not level it? I actively dislike healing though, so i haven't touched that role other than levelling WHM to 60 or so to try it out, then passively levelling it to mid 80s through Frontline and Khloe books for the role quest.

If you want proof i'm not trolling then here i guess.

The mechanics of "go here, light torch, kill bads" in the PLD quests feel like garbage, but GLD tells a pretty tight story, and the intro to SAM was the most amusing anime bullshit I've seen in a minute (hanzo steel chop gladiator blade in two lol). Plus, like I said over in the new player thread I'm absolutely loving the job quests for the DoH/DoL jobs.

CJ posted:

Why do you think i dislike the game? I like it, the only problem is there isn't enough of it. The irony is that people are up in arms that i spend my time doing stuff i want to do and have fun doing rather than stuff i don't want to do.

You know where to find more of the game? Your job quests.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

CJ eat the eggs do the job quests.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"the game locks important abilities behind a chain of quests that aren't always interesting, and tedious if you're leveling several classes at once" = the game's fault

"because of this i just choose not to do them and drag down every party i'm in" = your own loving fault!!!!!! you absolute maroon!!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
There's not enough content in this absolutely massive game in which I refuse to do some of the content.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dungeons being easy doesn't mean you are not being an assholes if you make them slower because you aren't willing to spend the 20 minutes it takes to make your class function at full. ppotency. That is not the game's fault and is entirely on you being an rear end.

And they are slower if your healer has to spend more time healing your rear end instead of those sweet sweet AoEs.

No amount of finishing Savage makes you a good player if you're a weird selfish dick. You could have the best parse in the world and are still on-par with an ice mage.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Dungeons being easy doesn't mean you are not being an assholes if you make them slower because you aren't willing to spend the 20 minutes it takes to make your class function at full. ppotency. That is not the game's fault and is entirely on you being an rear end.

:emptyquote:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ya know, i could almost understand if it were a somewhat useless skill like improvisation or something, but it's loving tbn, arguably the only button i enjoyed hitting anytime i've leveled drk. why would you take that away from yourself!!

also the drk quests own, you dingus

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I play dungeons at 100% intensity because it makes them go faster, and I prefer to party with people who do the same. Deliberately missing vital skills because you didn’t like another job’s quests is silly.

Yes PLD quests suck. Dark Knight, quests, otoh, are some of the best in the game. The person who wrote them is the same person who wrote the story for Endwalker.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

ya know, i could almost understand if it were a somewhat useless skill like improvisation or something, but it's loving tbn, arguably the only button i enjoyed hitting anytime i've leveled drk. why would you take that away from yourself!!

also the drk quests own, you dingus

It is hilarious to picture most jobs without their 70.

Red Mage having to use only Verflare. BLM without Foul. SMN without Bahamut, MNK without Brotherhood, AST without Minor Arcana.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've levelled CNJ to 90 killing ladybugs outside limsa lominsa yet this little elf boy wants me to do his quests to unlock any dungeons.......it's just poor game design

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
You are a brave poster, CJ. Not because you didn't do your gat drat job quests which you abso-loving-lutely should do, but because you would stick to your guns on not doing your gat drat job quests in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dungeons are easy but I also enjoy using them to flex and try to out-dps the other dps as a Dancer. Sometimes I do!