Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Watch the thing be overhaul apologizing to Eri, who rewinds his arms back on so he can fix whatever needs fixed at the end.

Deku didn't bring him expressing remorse for whatever he did to Eri for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think Overhaul suddenly pulling a complete 180 on being an entirely self-absorbed murdering child-torturing monster dickhead because Deku tried to weakly lecture him is a terrible enough idea that it might fit into the way the manga has been going for a while. :haw:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"(Overhaul) was the coolest guy!" - Eri

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This chapter was kinda cool, characters looked like they got to do things sort of. And now theyre killing the hot bunny girl again so its bad

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kanos posted:

I think Overhaul suddenly pulling a complete 180 on being an entirely self-absorbed murdering child-torturing monster dickhead because Deku tried to weakly lecture him is a terrible enough idea that it might fit into the way the manga has been going for a while. :haw:
Well, Overhaul is completely mindbroken because he had his arms torn off which means he cannot ever fix his father figure he at least at one point was planning to wake up once he restored the yakuza- so he might be willing to change

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

And now theyre killing the hot bunny girl again so its bad

Horikoshi's never been subtle about putting in things he's horny for

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Horikoshi's never been subtle about putting in things he's horny for

Rhonne posted:

Here lies Mirko, fingered to death.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

mabels big day posted:

This chapter was kinda cool, characters looked like they got to do things sort of. And now theyre killing the hot bunny girl again so its bad

She's not confirmed dead yet, and in general, if the cliffhanger has a protagonist getting thrashed rather than having people yell out that someone's dead, they've still got a chance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is probably not that different from the time Bakugo got stabbed in the gut, but it's still pretty lame that Mirko has been absent from the story for a good while now and immediately gets two of her limbs ripped off before she does anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

This is probably not that different from the time Bakugo got stabbed in the gut, but it's still pretty lame that Mirko has been absent from the story for a good while now and immediately gets two of her limbs ripped off before she does anything.
Yeah, but AFO doesn't really feel like he won, y'know?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she doesn't have a character beyond fight maniac, so there's really only so much you can have her do in the story

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

she doesn't have a character beyond fight maniac, so there's really only so much you can have her do in the story

Yes, only so much she can do in this story about fighting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes, only so much she can do in this story about fighting.

Yeah I was about to say "Good thing we're in the big final long rear end fight against All The Bad Guys Ever."

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Look good, which is the best thing i can ask for at this point

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

She’s physical DPS in a raid battle where the boss has a death touch, though, sooo… hope she has ranged attacks.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Awesomesaurus posted:

She’s physical DPS in a raid battle where the boss has a death touch, though, sooo… hope she has ranged attacks.

She’s got all the abilities of a bunny so she can probably spawn a litter at will and execute the Johnathan Swift maneuver

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe Mirko died before she got a chance to kick something to death that didn't seem possible. Like an earthquake or explosion.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Mirko should learn how to kick air projectiles. Like the MC who has about a tenth of her practice and experience :nallears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They said they had a countermeasure for Decay so I assume death is not on the table yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Brandfarlig posted:

Mirko should learn how to kick air projectiles. Like the MC who has about a tenth of her practice and experience :nallears:

it's just not the same if she can't feel the villains' bones breaking

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

They said they had a countermeasure for Decay so I assume death is not on the table yet.

Mirko is actually a full on cyborg now and is about to eject into a different body.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mirko is no longer bound by physical form, she is now the metaphysical concept of Kicking.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
She is now a quirk ghost and can possess people to kick them from the inside

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Mirko is actually a full on cyborg now and is about to eject into a different body.

Introducing a new MHA spinoff: Metal Mirko Rising: Revengeance

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

She’s actually got a sidekick just out of frame with a golf bag full of spare cyber-limbs to swap in as necessary

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Mymla posted:

Introducing a new MHA spinoff: Metal Mirko Rising: Revengeance

I said my foot was a tool of justice. Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now… Now I’m not so sure. And besides, this isn’t my foot.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's probably gonna be something like the extendo-limbs aren't actually considered direct parts of his body and so the decay has to travel down them, giving her time to escape/somebody to cut them away from Shiggy but yeah if she gets jobbed to ash after ten panels it'll be funny at this point.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Why are we thinking she got hit by decay? Eraserhead and Monoma are both disabling Shigaraki quirks. It didn't work for his weird, freaky arm transformation for whatever reason (probably some bullshit connected to the whole "Shigaraki is perfected now" thing), but they still suppressed his Air Burst, so Decay is probably out of commission too, until we see Shigaraki using it while they are staring directly at him, at least.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Lol at anyone thinking Mirko is dead or that this attack is going to do anything but set her up for a cool moment.

I am interested in how this is happening. Maybe instead of being a "quirk", this is just a good old fashioned regular mutation. That would be a fun twist 'btw people can become supervillains now without quirks even being needed, have fun!"

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

:wtc: a quirk is a mutation. Nearly everyone has mutated into having quirks over the previous few generations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

dogsicle posted:

not an uncommon plot, Choujin Locke did the same with Locke turning one misunderstood villain into a baby and leaving him to be raised by his sister

This worked ok in Adventure Time with The Litch imo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nephthys posted:

Lol at anyone thinking Mirko is dead or that this attack is going to do anything but set her up for a cool moment.

I am interested in how this is happening. Maybe instead of being a "quirk", this is just a good old fashioned regular mutation. That would be a fun twist 'btw people can become supervillains now without quirks even being needed, have fun!"

Yeah this is literally nothing but a difference of words.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

These synonyms...are synonyms!! :wow:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Shigaraki reveals that All for One cut a deal with Disney and allowed his likeness to be purchased, allowing him to change his identity to an X-Men mutant. This change in status causes Aizawa's Erasure to no longer affect him.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah this is literally nothing but a difference of words.

That's what you think, but AfO steals quirks, not mutations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

:wtc: a quirk is a mutation. Nearly everyone has mutated into having quirks over the previous few generations.

Ok, but there is a specific quirk-gene, right? So a different kind of mutation that didn't rely on the gene may not be affected by a quirk that specifically affects quirks. Just like how it doesn't do anything to Shigaraki's ridiculous super strength and toughness because it's not technically a quirk making him that strong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the thing that'll save the writing is a completely last minute twist that depends entirely on pedantic wording.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, the thing that'll save the writing is a completely last minute twist that depends entirely on pedantic wording.

This is something that has already happened with his body being made "naturally" super strong. I wasn't saying anything about the writing, I was just speculating about how this could be happening.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Nephthys posted:

This is something that has already happened with his body being made "naturally" super strong. I wasn't saying anything about the writing, I was just speculating about how this could be happening.

I think it's one thing to do it at the end of the second act to set up the scope of the threat of the final confrontation. Doing it during the final fight? Doesn't work so much IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ngl caught back up last night and the set piece for this fight is really cool. its all absurd of course but a floating death cage, built to keep the worlds most dnagerous man locked up just long enough to try and kill him is kinda sick. i also like that deku isn't in there rn, think we might get some cool bakugo moments