Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
When will sacrifice just not cut it anymore. Freaking nation of desperate martyrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Drug overdoses are a preventable stain on America

Death by being poor is their own dammed fault and they should have bootstrapped better.

its the old adage of "people who starve under communism starved because of communism. People who starve under capitalism are just lazy or something"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

smug jeebus posted:

The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 247 days

good

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

smug jeebus posted:

The Democrats are going to get destroyed 24/7

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

When will sacrifice just not cut it anymore. Freaking nation of desperate martyrs

listen jack, we have our top men working on a way to get blood out of this turnip

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

HootTheOwl posted:

Russia represents 8% of global oil, so at 4 dollars a gallon that's at most a what, 32 cent no russian tax?
So a year ago it was $3.70, right?

E: Sorry, this is comming off real dickish. I only mean that like most of the pandemic price increases they're using whatever situation as a cover and the price is going up because they know they can.
I'm pretty sure oil prices don't work like that. The tiny supply surplus that was established mid 2014, which maxed out at like 4% above demand, resulted in the price of oil dropping to less than half within half a year, eventually reaching a third a year later. Reverse that logic for Russia not being able to sell, and you'd expect the price of a gallon of gas to reach double digits. Of course Russia isn't actually locked out of the market, so it's not actually relevant yet.

But yeah, that's what I was trying to get across with my last sentence. They'll bump up the price as fast as they can ostensibly justify it, even if it's not "fair/actually justified", and only drop it down again if competition demands it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm gonna give the engorged ticks latched on to the guy dying of anemia the benefit of the doubt.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Despite my efforts I'm still on their mailing lists and get the saddest emailers. Your own voters see right through this Access to healthcare poo poo and don't even accidently vote for it in the poll.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Higher gas prices are a good way to crush the Canadian trucker chuds

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

they haven't managed a single one of those aside from supporting children and families and that only lasted about 6 months, why would they remind people of that unless they want to be destroyed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jabronie posted:

Despite my efforts I'm still on their mailing lists and get the saddest emailers. Your own voters see right through this Access to healthcare poo poo and don't even accidently vote for it in the poll.

where is forgiving studen loans

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1500929299842584578?s=20&t=RGaFFwcSI35c5X8VNHQWpQ

when you're definitely planning on getting reelected

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jabronie posted:

Everyone who answers G gets issued a lanyard and is given a job at the DNC.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

How insane is it to constantly demand an ask of American citizens who have been through the ringer for 3 decades with no breathing room for the constant sacrifices, War on drugs, war on terror, 2A rights, opioid epidemic, this pandemic, getting in line to vote for Biden who doesn’t lift a finger to help

Most of the people dealing with the stuff you mention are invisible and don't count.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Any chance the Dems turn out just fine if Biden gets his war?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ProperGanderPusher posted:

when you've definitely been paying attention since January 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1500929299842584578?t=KBPJk8ZAmD46L-vDii3CEg&s=19

Lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's going to be difficult as Biden trying to pass the draw a clock test.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ProperGanderPusher posted:

*taps the thread title*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only thing that could save the dems would be 9-11 mk2, russian boogaloo. and even then it wouldn't go nearly as well for them as when bush got a free pass to do absolutely anything he wanted.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the only thing that could save the dems would be 9-11 mk2, russian boogaloo. and even then it wouldn't go nearly as well for them as when bush got a free pass to do absolutely anything he wanted.

lol the dems would get demolished because they allowed 9-11 to happen

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dustcat posted:

lol the dems would get demolished because they allowed 9-11 to happen

that would be the rational response, but americans are hysterical cowards that lash out when they feel threatened.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

"I hear the explosions, I see you falling from the towers"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

that would be the rational response, but americans are hysterical cowards that lash out when they feel threatened.

Yeah, but we're hysterical cowards who reflexively hide behind republicans when we feel threatened.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“Where’s the offramp?”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theres a reason bush did 911 in year 1 instead of 2

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

zegermans posted:

its the old adage of "people who starve under communism starved because of communism. People who starve under capitalism are just lazy or something"

zegermans posted:

where is forgiving studen loans

zergermans someone has hijacked your account

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is what happens when you dont build back better!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

americans don't want to walk 500 feet to the store but sure they'll take long and difficult roads ahead instead of whatever flim flam the other party offers

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Doctor Jeep posted:

americans don't want to walk 500 feet to the store but sure they'll take long and difficult roads ahead instead of whatever flim flam the other party offers

threats/chiding 2022

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Malaise Forever

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/joebiden/status/1241869418981920769

https://mobile.twitter.com/arsheffey/status/1500890886690983937?cxt=HHwWgsCyveaTntQpAAAA

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Cross-quoted from the Trump thread

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

"It's outrageous that other people get to declare bankruptcy but students can't," Schumer said.

Oh geez chuck, what monster undeserving of a place in human society did that

quote:

Their biggest challenge is the "undue hardship" standard that Biden helped enact in 2005

lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/FerroTV/status/1501184315492909057

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another unilateral brilliant Sleepy Joe success story!

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1501237509853962242

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1501246366164606978

The democrats' are going to get destroyed in 2022

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

pokemon gaols for the proles

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

The republican HellCongress 2022-2024 is going to be loving hilarious before DeSantis is sworn in in 2025, and you bet your rear end they'll have federal abortion restriction and tax cut bills ready to be signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if only someone would offer me a short, easy road