Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, just to cut everyone off at the pass, Spain and Portugal beat everyone else in every culinary category.

England's national dish is Indian food. Every other European country conquered the world because they were desperate for spices because their food sucks.

Spain and Portugal had such enormous swinging dicks they went to other countries and said "here's how you cook, bro" and the national dishes of those countries originate from the Iberian peninsula.

Get rekt, Europe. Viva.

Wasn't the Iberian peninsula where all the Muslim migrants lived before the Catholics purged them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

When hard cheese gets so old that crunchy little crystals form in it, that's the best cheese

Cheddar, beemster, asiago, doesn't matter. if it's got crystals it's the best cheese, no arguments

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you show a french a hard cheese they will dribble on it until it goes soft and then stuff it back in the box.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

flavor.flv posted:

When hard cheese gets so old that crunchy little crystals form in it, that's the best cheese

Cheddar, beemster, asiago, doesn't matter. if it's got crystals it's the best cheese, no arguments

This guy cheeses

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

flavor.flv posted:

yes, YES! I think the crystals are just salt, and it's loving delicious.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They are cheese crystals, usually calcium lactate. Salty, but not salt.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
England, with no bitches: "behold, cheddar!"

Ireland and Australia, simply awash in bitches: "alright but what if it hurt a little when you ate it?"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OwlFancier posted:

They are cheese crystals, usually calcium lactate. Salty, but not salt.

goddamn, so you're saying the moon may actually be cheese?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also, just to cut everyone off at the pass, Spain and Portugal beat everyone else in every culinary category.

Asian countries win that hands down.

I mean, which is better? Boiling some meat and potatos in some water or Ramen?
Who did crispy rice dish better?
Spanish Paella (which can't even go in a burrito) or Dolsot Bibimbap which is served in a stone bowl so hot it's still cooking your food for you?

Like, they don't even have Tapas places that serve you food on a conveyor belt!

Just sad really.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The moon is actually a very large cheese crystal yes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

wikipedia posted:

Cheese crystals can consist of different substances. Most commonly found are calcium lactate crystals, especially on younger cheese, on the surface, and on cheddar. Depending on the cheese and its age, these crystals can consist of either or both enantiomers.[1] For grana padano, grainy amino acid crystals inside the cheese consisting mainly of tyrosine and of leucine and isoleucine have been reported.[1][3] In general, any substance that has a low solubility in water and a tendency to crystallize could form crystals as the cheese dries out during aging.[citation needed]

Grana padano grainy amino

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CainFortea posted:

Asian countries win that hands down.

I mean, which is better? Boiling some meat and potatos in some water or Ramen?
Who did crispy rice dish better?
Spanish Paella (which can't even go in a burrito) or Dolsot Bibimbap which is served in a stone bowl so hot it's still cooking your food for you?

Like, they don't even have Tapas places that serve you food on a conveyor belt!

Just sad really.

Pitting anyone against Korea in cooking is unfair.

They turned corn dogs into a culinary masterpiece. loving unreal.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

This is your periodical reminder that European cuisine imported tomatoes, potatoes and corn from America. Now, how much European food is worth eating without those three? That's right, Danish rye bread with picked herring!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
China / India: "the flavor comes from the simplicity of the dish and 5000 years of artistry and tradition"

Japan: "you must study 18 hours a day for 70 years to master the basics of cooking. The flavor comes from pain and toil."

Korea: "what if we turned the Wisconsin state fair into a 3 Michelin Star experience"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

look, I hate the british as much as anyone and I live amongst them, but they have perfected two things
- day drinking
- cheese

it's the single most popular cheese in the world!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oh goons and their food derails

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

mind the walrus posted:

Been doing some thread archaeology while laid up with the flu and this has aged like fine loving wine.

lol

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

CainFortea posted:

No british food is good. The entire british emipre was founded on the search for flavor.

Actually this is not really accurate. A lot of the more stereotypical British dishes were born out of post war rationing. That and, of course, we are comparing different social classes food. Lots of British rich folks had extremely spicy foods in the late 1700s.

Alongside that, but sometimes you can overflavour stuff, as heretical as this may be to say.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Mar 8, 2022

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

England, with no bitches: "behold, cheddar!"

Ireland and Australia, simply awash in bitches: "alright but what if it hurt a little when you ate it?"

this poo poo didn't get less cringey just because people stopped putting EPIC BACON AWESOME LMAO stick figures around it

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://youtu.be/JDwEV7ATjNk

John Oliver speaks on these important issues.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Josef bugman posted:

Actually this is not really accurate. A lot of the more stereotypical British dishes were born out of post war rationing. That and, of course, we are comparing different social classes food. Lots of British rich folks had extremely spicy foods in the late 1700s.

Alongside that, but sometimes you can overflavour stuff, as heretical as this may be to say.

I was gonna say the war ended in 1945 and they could slowly start adding flavor back in but considering current events they might as well keep rationing.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Who What Now posted:

There's no way in God's green Middle-Earth that Pippin is literate

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

:hai: :sotw:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I was gonna say the war ended in 1945 and they could slowly start adding flavor back in but considering current events they might as well keep rationing.

Also the war ended in 1945 but rationing did not until 1954.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

OwlFancier posted:

don't try and rationalize it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

OwlFancier posted:

My point still stands :colbert:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

90s Cringe Rock posted:

wizards love massive cheeseboards with all the varieties: cheddar, red leicester, normal

I know chefs who use graters and they're all cowards

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Pitting anyone against Korea in cooking is unfair.

They turned corn dogs into a culinary masterpiece. loving unreal.

Also Korea: ahh gently caress the only thing around is acorns, move over squirrels we're going to figure out how to eat these

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

sometimes you can overflavour stuff, as heretical as this may be to say.

This is what british people tell themselves while they rub a clove of garlic on a bowl they're about to place salad into.

Korea: "what if we turned the Wisconsin state fair into a 3 Michelin Star experience"

"What if we give customers raw meat, some scissors, put a fire in the middle of their table, and charge double?"
"Pure genius!"

And it is as I happily pay for all you can eat korean bbq

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Mega Comrade posted:

Wasn't the Iberian peninsula where all the Muslim migrants lived before the Catholics purged them?

Look, if there is one thing the Spanish have done really well is, despite also totally wrecking an entire continent’s worth of civilizations AND nearly all of the Pacific islands, they somehow have gotten away with the blame of Colonialism while the U.K. and by modern extension, the USA have gotten all the heat. Hell, even in the entirety of Latin America I would put good money down that there is a natural distrust/hate for an American or Brit than there ever would be against a Spaniard.

It’s impressive really.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

China / India: "the flavor comes from the simplicity of the dish and 5000 years of artistry and tradition"

Japan: "you must study 18 hours a day for 70 years to master the basics of cooking. The flavor comes from pain and toil."

Vietnam: "This bread thing ain't half bad"

Thailand: "Whatever you're making, you're making it wrong."

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kimchi is just fancy sauerkraut.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Liar ahead

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

England's national dish is Indian food. Every other European country conquered the world because they were desperate for spices because their food sucks.

Spain and Portugal had such enormous swinging dicks they went to other countries and said "here's how you cook, bro" and the national dishes of those countries originate from the Iberian peninsula.

Get rekt, Europe. Viva.

Thanks! :blush:

dialhforhero posted:

Look, if there is one thing the Spanish have done really well is, despite also totally wrecking an entire continent’s worth of civilizations AND nearly all of the Pacific islands, they somehow have gotten away with the blame of Colonialism while the U.K. and by modern extension, the USA have gotten all the heat. Hell, even in the entirety of Latin America I would put good money down that there is a natural distrust/hate for an American or Brit than there ever would be against a Spaniard.

It’s impressive really.

The difference is that in North and South America you can see more native americans where british didn't stay for a long time. The difference is that after centuries, we aren't still dicks to everyone like UK/USA so that may work in our favor.

tax:

Guillermus has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Mar 8, 2022

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Incomplete meme; missing Leon.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

cult_hero posted:

Vietnam: "This bread thing ain't half bad"

Thailand: "Whatever you're making, you're making it wrong."

Vietnamese cuisine fixes everything that sucks about French cuisine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is that elden ring with quotes from a sitcom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Is that elden ring with quotes from a sitcom?

I think it's parks and rec