Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Don’t get high on your own supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Oh yeah, when they were offering loans to help folks start delivery business it should've been a huge red flag. Their possible profits made no sense for operating a fleet of vehicles and drivers.

Grittybeard posted:

Ordered some random stuff from Walmart and was short of getting free shipping, so I threw in some hydrogen peroxide to make the number. My 3 dollar order for a 4 pack of hydrogen peroxide is now being shipped to me from a place 1100 miles away, in a separate package from the other stuff. I feel like there's some room to improve efficiency here. Hell I'd rather they didn't bother as long as I don't have to pay for shipping.

I suppose the truck is going to move anyway with other stuff but I was just on a minor level :psyduck: thinking about why this would be the best solution for them to fulfill an order.

Why should you not pay for shipping? The expectation of free shipping is a huge part of the problem with the state of things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Neil Armbong posted:

Why should you not pay for shipping? The expectation of free shipping is a huge part of the problem with the state of things.

Because it's cheaper than spending three bucks on something else in this case, and I assumed it was all going to come from somewhere nearby since nothing was special. For me personally this would seem to be a win where I could not predict what they were going to do with it, the state of things is another issue.

I guess if you want to eliminate free shipping as a whole that's fine too as an idea, but while it exists it's going to encourage customers to add on little poo poo they'll use eventually if they're close to whatever random number gets you that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
lol at the snake bouncer and lol at everything else

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Hey TFF goons, does anyone have a discord or steam handle for poster Jizz Denouement?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I"m sad about sports

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Hopefully the Seahawks flip both firsts and their own first for Watson now

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Samadhi posted:

If you want a few more recipes before you pull the trigger, I have 10 other PDFs for recipes in their newsletter I can send you to peruse.

Appreciate it, but already bought it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/noah_gordon_/status/1501221366040780811

this would be be neat, air to water heat pumps have gotten quite good and would be drop in replacements for boilers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Intruder posted:

Hopefully the Seahawks flip both firsts and their own first for Watson Jordan Love now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jordan Love is being fed to a pack of wild dogs, per a stipulation in Aaron Rodgers' new contract.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

https://twitter.com/noah_gordon_/status/1501221366040780811

this would be be neat, air to water heat pumps have gotten quite good and would be drop in replacements for boilers.

Imagine if we did this anyway, for our own country, irrespective of russian wars, because it'd also drastically reduce our own dependency on fossil fuels, if this is actually at all feasible?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

Imagine if we did this anyway, for our own country, irrespective of russian wars, because it'd also drastically reduce our own dependency on fossil fuels, if this is actually at all feasible?

Yea I’m not sure why we’re not. I’d love to switch to a heat pump.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good luck getting the bits to make them right now though. Covid and shipping has pretty much hosed production of heat pumps at the moment.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea I’m not sure why we’re not. I’d love to switch to a heat pump.
I'm a little sad my electric car doesn't use a heat pump for heat, instead it uses resistive heating like baseboard heating. It drops my range by 10-15%. I have a 2019, in 2021 they went to a heat pump and range only drops by 7%.

First world problems right here.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

Jordan Love is being fed to a pack of wild dogs, per a stipulation in Aaron Rodgers' new contract.

More humane than a trade to Washington

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

General Dog posted:

I read this in Dana Carvey's Tom Brokaw impression lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Good luck getting the bits to make them right now though. Covid and shipping has pretty much hosed production of heat pumps at the moment.

I actually just ordered a bunch for a new project and I'm getting them within a couple of months. I'm talking 60 condensing units and around 300 fan coil units. This is commercial though, might be different in single residential uses.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Its Rinaldo posted:

I"m sad about sports

Just repeat these two words constantly: “Fire Hakstol”.

Dango Bango posted:

I read this in Dana Carvey's Tom Brokaw impression lol

:laffo:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1501314842992467975

Idaho deciding Texas didn't go too far enough

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I mean, it doesn't hold up. But woof. Idk that they can regulate interstate movement/commerce like that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
HOw does a state law make something a federal offense?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neil Armbong posted:

I mean, it doesn't hold up. But woof. Idk that they can regulate interstate movement/commerce like that.

Maybe it won't hold up but by god they're trying it and not just with trans stuff

https://twitter.com/byKateSmith/status/1501301836661370886

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

No way any of that holds up. If it did, you might as well throw the constitution out because states could make whatever laws they want. The whole point of the federal government is that they have the final say about interstate issues.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

No way any of that holds up. If it did, you might as well throw the constitution out because states could make whatever laws they want. The whole point of the federal government is that they have the final say about interstate issues.

Yeah, states individually determining federal status like this invalidates a primary tenet of the US. New head Canon is the US breaks up the way fallout predicted - 13 commonwealths all doing different stupid poo poo

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

You are all welcome in the Great Lakes Autonomous Region (Except Ohio)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Samadhi posted:

I might have to go to Cleveland for work. Can we at least include Toledo to Youngstown?

We can exclude Indiana. We don’t need them.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Samadhi posted:

glory to GLAREO

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

glory to GLAREO

Glory to The Run

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hail Cascadia

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Cascadia sometimes includes Idaho but that bill :chloe:.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I mean I guess when your beliefs are “life and death” in your mind you never sleep on enforcing your shittiness.

God what a shithole country.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I mean I guess when your beliefs are “life and death” in your mind you never sleep on enforcing your shittiness.

God what a shithole country.

Let's Go Birds

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I might have to go to Cleveland for work. Can we at least include Toledo to Youngstown?

We'll accept everything north of Ohio State Highway 224, and Indiana will only be used as a corridor for travel. Shooting out your window at the disgusting denizens of that accursed state will be encouraged.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

Cascadia sometimes includes Idaho but that bill :chloe:.

Idaho doesn't have a Cascade mountain so they can't be in Cascadia even if they weren't lovely assholes :colbert:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
As a kid I thought Idaho was full of Mormons because of where I lived in Eastern Washington at the time and being a little kid I didn't think much about it. It wasn't until I moved to Western Washington and I was in middle school that I found out that Utah was actually the Mormon homeland since I went to a middle school with some Mormon kids and one of them's entire like goal was to go to BYU.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

:flip:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

As a kid I thought Idaho was full of Mormons because of where I lived in Eastern Washington at the time and being a little kid I didn't think much about it. It wasn't until I moved to Western Washington and I was in middle school that I found out that Utah was actually the Mormon homeland since I went to a middle school with some Mormon kids and one of them's entire like goal was to go to BYU.

There are a lot of Mormons in Idaho.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh I am aware, I have a former step-dad who was a very involved Idaho Mormon plus a number of coworkers who left Idaho and Mormonism in college. I just assumed that all Mormons originally came from Idaho and that was where it came from since I never paid much attention when people were trying to make me go to Mormon church with them as a little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tulalip Tulips posted:

In college I dated an awesome girl for several years who came from Coeur d'Alene. Her father was a bit of a nutcase who brought his pistol with him to the country club restaurant. rear end in a top hat did have a nice house on the lake though, and close enough to a ski resort.

North Idaho is quite beautiful, and also filled with the literal scum of the earth.