Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's Moonkeep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lmao all the channels for the sub-50 overworld areas are absolutely swarming with sorc and zerg bots sliding around out of bounds appearing just long enough to aoe a group mobs. You'd think the devs would learn not to rely on client side in mmos after all this time, but what can you ask of such an inexperienced team straight out of digital arts college.

Wonder if the publisher will finally throw a chunk of resources towards tackling this rampant botting problem, now that duping is 'fixed' for the time being, with whatever skeleton team that's left keeping this project on lifeline or simply bandaid it by nerfing some classes so they can't be so mindlessly automated.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Lmao all the channels for the sub-50 overworld areas are absolutely swarming with sorc and zerg bots sliding around out of bounds appearing just long enough to aoe a group mobs. You'd think the devs would learn not to rely on client side in mmos after all this time, but what can you ask of such an inexperienced team straight out of digital arts college.

Wonder if the publisher will finally throw a chunk of resources towards tackling this rampant botting problem, now that duping is 'fixed' for the time being, with whatever skeleton team that's left keeping this project on lifeline or simply bandaid it by nerfing some classes so they can't be so mindlessly automated.

sorry your uncle got fired from smilegate or whatever

feller
Jul 5, 2006

explosivo posted:

The second Bard awakening skill seems really lackluster compared to the first one.

It's the solo awakening basically. It's been pretty useful for me in tower so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

yeti friend posted:

It's the solo awakening basically. It's been pretty useful for me in tower so far.

Oh poo poo, true, that's a good point. I could probably put that into my dungeon/solo build and it'll be more useful in that setting.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

New World thread is over there.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Good Citizen posted:

Cooking is full of bullshit. There are merchants that are only around sometimes with the ingredients. There are ingredients you need to buy that are named like IX-III!I!I!II1I1III with 5 other ingredients next to it with almost the exact same name and only one of them is right. There are ingredients that you need to hold onto for a minute, and then they'll be good for one minute, and then they'll turn useless. There are ingredients in dungeons that you need to stand next to for 2 hours while they age and if you pick them up early they're useless.

Just wanted to let you know the dungeon ingredient you don't have to stand by, you just have to not use it for 2 hours from your inventory. It can 'age' while in your pocket.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

okay I take it back the bard's second awakening skill rips. obviously not for when I'm running support but it absolutely melts everything around me.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

This is a fixed problem in Korea where MMOs require you to show your real life ID go create an account.

Apart from such socially intrusive measures it's been proven impossible to keep bots out of MMOs unless you are willing to dump a lot of money into it like Blizzard with their Warden project.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Could you please link this una discord?

Thank you
https://discord.gg/ZqHgPJeSJE

I believe that's the right link. There's also an una market discord, which isn't that useful, but it has a list of players the community has banned due to them scamming map rotations & map spots. It's linked to somewhere in that una discord & if you are doing legendary maps it's definitely worth checking.

Took me less than a week to get 15x sian, 15x seria. Unfortunately, I still need a ton of madnick, mokamoka, and a bunch of other stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 9, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

https://discord.gg/ZqHgPJeSJE

I believe that's the right link. There's also an una market discord, which isn't that useful, but it has players the community has banned due to them scamming map rotations & map spots. It's linked to somewhere in that una discord & if you are doing legendary maps it's definitely worth checking.

Took me less than a week to get 15x sian, 15x seria. Unfortunately, I still need a ton of madnick, mokamoka, and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I keep reading guides that indicate I should be putting excess t1 and t2 gear drops on the Auction Hall. But whenever I check on gear drops they all appear bound. I think I've only successfully been able to auction honing ingredients and engravings. Are the guides outdated/incorrect or am I somehow binding the drops without equipping them?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

malbogio posted:

I keep reading guides that indicate I should be putting excess t1 and t2 gear drops on the Auction Hall. But whenever I check on gear drops they all appear bound. I think I've only successfully been able to auction honing ingredients and engravings. Are the guides outdated/incorrect or am I somehow binding the drops without equipping them?

You get both bound and unbound ones. You probably used the unbound ones while leveling but you’ll get unbound ones from chaos dungeons.

Although I’m not so sure about putting them on the market because your alts will use them anyway :shrug:

Doesn’t seem like it would be a huge money maker.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I'm at level 50 and I have a bunch of these bags that I can open for either a random engraving, or a selected engraving I can choose

What happens if the game tries to give me an untradeable engraving that I already have at lvl 20?

Should I open all the random ones first, so then I just have to 'top up' the engravings that I want for my build?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

malbogio posted:

In T1 on NA East leapstones & shard bags are worth selling. The unbound upgrade chance mats kinda are too but if you keep them to accelerate your progression it's reasonable too because they aren't worth that much. Destruction & guardian stones aren't in T1.

You get unbound leapstones from guardian raids when you loot the soul. You get unbound shard bags from doing chaos gates (the announcement at the top left / from compass under map, you can do them once per day but only on some days of the week). From chaos gate you'll get a map, say lfg and link the map in area chat (ctrl+left click or right click gives you a link item option). Then all 4 of you will share maps and one by one you'll do the maps.

I don't think anything else is worth selling in t1 other than abyssal raid accessories that are decent. You can get 29g-99g for them still if you get particularly good rolls on particularly in demand things. Listing is free even if it doesn't sell so it doesn't hurt to put them up with a hope & a prayer, and they're all actually worthless so whether you get 2g from a bid or 59g from a buy it now it doesn't matter. Selling decent accessories is profitable in t2/t3 also, and in t3 ability stones have some value at the moment too because people don't realize how expensive pheons are & how temporary a purple ability stone is.

In T2 it's more complicated especially if you want to progress. It's still technically more efficient to sell guardian stones & then convert gold to crystals & then buy them back on mari's shop. But it's not efficient by that much anymore, and sometime in the next few days/weeks it will no longer be efficient. Leapstones and unbound shard bags are 100% worth selling and you get the same way as T1. Moonstones that aren't bound are also worth selling still.

In T1, if you sell leapstones at >10g-12g you can buy them back on maris with crystals at only a few gold each. It's an efficient way to multiply your leapstones until crystal price goes way up or leapstones tank further down. This also works for shard bags in t1, super cheap on maris vs the market so if you sell 4 shard bags you can buy 95 crystals and get way more from mari.

On other servers, south america & eu west & maybe eu central (not following it) it's no longer efficient to do some of these conversions. NA east seems to be an outlier and gold prices are nuts. Longterm, t1/t2 mats should be worth way less than they are and won't be worth buying on maris or selling for gold. We're not there yet, so profit!

t3 is way different but by the time you hit t3 you should have a decent grasp of what works for you. The main difference in t3 is you can run chaos endlessly and the mats you buy from that are unbound and sell for lots of gold. So the bound mats you get from endless chaos can get you to 1340 item level easily while you cash in the endless mats for a few thousand gold per hour.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 9, 2022

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Devor posted:

I'm at level 50 and I have a bunch of these bags that I can open for either a random engraving, or a selected engraving I can choose

What happens if the game tries to give me an untradeable engraving that I already have at lvl 20?

Should I open all the random ones first, so then I just have to 'top up' the engravings that I want for my build?

I think you can't do anything with it beside sell it.

Open the random ones first.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Didn't see anyone mention it but new prime rewards: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/lostark

EGG

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Finally getting alt-itis now that gearing up is taking ages. I used my first powerpass on a gunlancer and I think I'm going to love this. Definitely a bit daunting getting started with a new character after 100+ hours as a Bard, especially one that can't forward roll.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

explosivo posted:

Finally getting alt-itis now that gearing up is taking ages. I used my first powerpass on a gunlancer and I think I'm going to love this. Definitely a bit daunting getting started with a new character after 100+ hours as a Bard, especially one that can't forward roll.

I hear you on the alt-itis, and I'm still even in T1. Part of me says that I should just power my main through to higher tiers so he can get access to larger gold which could be funneled downwards to get them up easier, but it's hard to beat the temptation to goof around.

Also, here's a goofy little video for y'all I found that covers my experiences with Ability Stones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PYo5jvfccY

I swear to god, I know everyone says that you're supposed to facet the malus section when you have a low chance because it's a low chance to "succeed" (aka a low chance to get a red colored facet), but I was doing way better with my faceting when I thought the exact opposite, that I should hit the malus section when it's a high chance because it's a high "chance of cracking" (aka a high chance to get a cracked/grey facet). It's seriously making me paranoid.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I have two alts I power passed and I'm too lazy to play them most of the time. I have them do easy una tasks for rep grinding everyday but I'm not going to do chaos dungeon + guardians on 3 characters a day. That is way too much. I just have my alts build up bonuses and run them when I feel like it.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Does anyone know a guide so I can see if I've missed anything here on sailing co-op events? From blindly running it a few times:

• Go to the start for the 1st quest.
  • Open the map to find the next in the chain (this is where 80% of attendee's have quit cus they didn't know it carries on)
  • Do 2 or 3 more
  • Pray you get alot of keys
  • Go to the appropriate whirlpool on the right day
  • Do the competitive mini game
  • Use all your keys hoping for a shipwreck map
  • Run the map, collect gold from the chest at the end

The last bit is what I really can't find anything about. Theres no minimap, is there only 1 chest or multiple hidden? Is it just gold and card xp cards or can something else drop.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaedric posted:

Didn't see anyone mention it but new prime rewards: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/lostark

EGG

I meant to post this in this thread but only got around to mentioning it on the discord. :p

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mufasa Nigel posted:

The last bit is what I really can't find anything about. Theres no minimap, is there only 1 chest or multiple hidden? Is it just gold and card xp cards or can something else drop.
If it's like all the other maps, there's only one chest. I've never gotten one despite using a bunch of keys so I can't say for sure.

Velveteen posted:

I have two alts I power passed and I'm too lazy to play them most of the time. I have them do easy una tasks for rep grinding everyday but I'm not going to do chaos dungeon + guardians on 3 characters a day. That is way too much. I just have my alts build up bonuses and run them when I feel like it.
Skip guardian, do chaos. You can also do it every 3 days if you want to be lazy. Or, do what you're doing because the point of games is to have fun & lost ark isn't a race. The content isn't going anywhere.

Guardians are much better to do in late t2 & all of t3. T3 is even fun and engaging... and I like the tree guy in late t2. In T1, I started skipping them because I found them kinda boring/tedious.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 9, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yeah, the last two guardian raids in T2 are a lot clearer in their design compared to the abomination that is red on red on red against fire Yoho.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally got the Arthetine, Vern and Shushire stronghold merchants unlocked. Now I just have to wait until they show up when I've got enough tokens to pay for whatever they're selling.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

FutureCop posted:

I swear to god, I know everyone says that you're supposed to facet the malus section when you have a low chance because it's a low chance to "succeed" (aka a low chance to get a red colored facet), but I was doing way better with my faceting when I thought the exact opposite, that I should hit the malus section when it's a high chance because it's a high "chance of cracking" (aka a high chance to get a cracked/grey facet). It's seriously making me paranoid.

The system doesn't even make sense in the slightest, so I'm not surprised. I'm sure someone has figured out how to game the numbers but they're completely random for me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been paying more attention to faceting lately instead of just mashing the button and I've been having good luck with it. I'll only attempt to facet the skill I want for sure at 75%, do the second skill at 65%, then anything lower than that I put in the breaking section. Got a 7-7-2 doing this the other day and it felt real good.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Watched Shroud "play" this game by spending an hour and like $1k on p2w currency to upgrade some set of armor like 6 levels with the fervor of a Crack addict who just found $20 for Crack. What a great thing to be showing kids, "getting gud" with a swipe of mom's credit card and mashing on the $99.99 gems package. Glad I dodged this Korean p2w grindfest.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Or you could play the game that has fun gameplay and not try to credit card speedrun to endgame and then drop it when a new major release comes out to keep the twitch crowd happy, but whatever works I guess

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ten_twentyfour posted:

Watched Shroud "play" this game by spending an hour and like $1k on p2w currency to upgrade some set of armor like 6 levels with the fervor of a Crack addict who just found $20 for Crack. What a great thing to be showing kids, "getting gud" with a swipe of mom's credit card and mashing on the $99.99 gems package. Glad I dodged this Korean p2w grindfest.

you realize that a lot of people do not play the game this way? this person is a very small percentage of the actual player base. but yeah, thanks for sharing your experience of watching someone who makes a career playing the hottest games on twitch with 10 million followers in this drive-by shitpost.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ten_twentyfour posted:

There's no pressure at all to p2w, and people spending stupid money like that are straight out funding f2p players. I have a bit over "$3k" worth of gold+blue crystals that I paid $0 for. I have one character that can do all of the currently released content and 3 alts that will get there hopefully before or around argos release. I sell lots of unbound stuff for gold because there's no point in falling victim to fomo and eventually I should be able to buy it back at a fraction of the price. If I used some of gold/crystals to push my alts they'd be in t3 today probably, but there's no real point because they won't make it back in time vs natural progression.

Yes, some or even many people will play that way as evidenced by the amount of crystals changing hands on the currency exchange and hilarious gold prices of mats on NA East in particular (eu & SA seem less p2w heavy). But as an f2p player it benefits you massively because you can sell unbound stuff for 10x, 50x more than it costs on mari's shop currently & it juices the currency exchange. In <1hr of play I can pay for $20 worth of sub fee right now by doing things I enjoy & am doing for fun. It is absolutely insane how hard some people are whaling.

They're on the road to nowhere because the horizontal stuff is endgame & there's no real benefit to racing through the endgame raids. They'll still be there and they'll still be what gates gear progression on alts, etc.

The point of games is to have fun or whatever, and if I felt like I had to dump money in to have fun/catchup I'd just leave and play one of the tens of other games that I'd have fun playing without doing that.

With that said, yeah you can p2w and anyone who is prone to addiction or swiping more than they can afford should avoid this game. Goons for the most part seem to have a healthy approach of "I'm going to play at my pace & have fun", but anyone falling victim to fear of missing out is going to have a rough time.

The metric for negative p2w should be is this game forcing me to pay or inconveniencing me as a result of it. And the answer for LA is no -- I was more inconvenienced in GW2 than LA. In the same way the answer for WoW is no despite some people spending thousands on carries.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 9, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ten_twentyfour posted:

You could simply not do the thing the streamer who gets paid thousands of dollars a day to stream professionally does though.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

ten_twentyfour posted:

Watched you “post” this ITT like a buffoon.

In the year 2k22 I feel like we need to get past the idea that an option to drop fat stacks in a game automatically makes it a p2w grind fest. Whales gonna whale but Lost Ark especially doesn’t force players to cough up money to progress. This is one of the better value f2p mmos I can remember honestly.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
streamers make more money than they spend when they do stuff like that because it gets their audience excited so they donate more. Plus those streamers can write off the swiping on their taxes as a business expense so its extremely not comparable to a regular player.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaysette posted:

This is one of the better value f2p mmos I can remember honestly.

For real, I keep saying this to my friends who I'm playing with too because the systems in this game are remarkably fair for a F2P game and I've never felt urged or compelled by the game to drop some money like basically every other free game I've ever played.

Khorne posted:

The metric for negative p2w should be is this game forcing me to pay or inconveniencing me as a result of it. And the answer for LA is no. In the same way the answer for WoW is no despite some people spending thousands on carries.

This is sorta what I'm trying to get at, there's a subscription type thing with the Crystalline Aura but the bonuses from it aren't so great that you're missing out by not having it.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

explosivo posted:

I've been paying more attention to faceting lately instead of just mashing the button and I've been having good luck with it. I'll only attempt to facet the skill I want for sure at 75%, do the second skill at 65%, then anything lower than that I put in the breaking section. Got a 7-7-2 doing this the other day and it felt real good.

This is my least favorite part of the game at the moment (I hate it even more than honing). I found this on reddit — I can’t vouch for the code, but it sounds like they put more thought into it than I want to, and at least if I get screwed I know it’s because math and not because I zigged when I should have zagged.

https://lostark.meta-game.gg/ability-stone-calculator

Khorne
May 1, 2002

explosivo posted:

This is sorta what I'm trying to get at, there's a subscription type thing with the Crystalline Aura but the bonuses from it aren't so great that you're missing out by not having it.
I'd 100% recommend crystalline aura. The bifrost slots save tons of time & the silver reductions make a difference longterm. There's a massive silver crunch in T3. Using pet for storage & repair & mail anywhere is amazing as well.

The game does try to get people to pay the monthly fee for that. There is also "ark pass" which is a battlepass equivalent that most people will probably buy too. I know I'll probably drop actual money on monthly sub & battlepass equivalent because I don't mind paying some money for a game I play.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 9, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Khorne posted:

I'd 100% recommend crystalline aura. The bifrost slots & not paying for silver triports are critical. There's a massive silver crunch in T3. Using pet for storage & repair & mail anywhere is amazing as well.

Well yes the aura is definitely worth getting I just meant like you're not missing out on content by not having it. It's not like a lot of games like this where if you're not paying the sub fee you're relegated to just like the first section of the game or just a couple areas where the free people are allowed to play.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

explosivo posted:

Well yes the aura is definitely worth getting I just meant like you're not missing out on content by not having it. It's not like a lot of games like this where if you're not paying the sub fee you're relegated to just like the first section of the game or just a couple areas where the free people are allowed to play.
Ah, yeah. You definitely can do everything without it. You can also use blue crystals for aura. 420 blue crystals is currently about a day or two worth of dailies in t3 or late t2. For now, it's very much a "buy it once & then do it for free" if that's how someone wants to play.

In certain other versions, you can't use blue crystals for the monthly sub. It's one of the ways they've made the game more friendly to the global market. There's likely more ways coming because Korea gets tons of events that give away skins and stuff. I don't think RU gets many, but I think the western release will be more like the korean version.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

the panacea posted:

You should disable other players effects (except healing) in the settings.
Otherwise raids with 8 people are impossible.

Fishing this out from the last page, because I just tried it and holy poo poo, I can't believe how big of a difference it makes. Turns out it is a lot easier to read Guardian tells when it isn't obscured by constant explosions and other technicolor bullshit 90% of the time. :v: