Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Hihohe posted:

games good keep putting in Friendly Pots and Turtle guys.

we got a winner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wait Garfield is in Elden Ring? Why the gently caress has nobody mentioned this before?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
SoulsBournes? *scoffs* You mean SurgeRings?

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

jokes posted:

New thread title for the steam thread

Who gives a poo poo about anime titty games? Video games are for having fun and if people are having fun looking at anime titties bounce around a sudoku puzzle or whatever, who cares? There’s a lot of vitriol elsewhere about anime titty games (and maybe here)

They definitely should give people a more comprehensive “no anime titties thanks” button though

I put the tag “Anime” into my Steam store banned word list (whatever it’s called) as a joke many years ago and then forgot about it.

Recently I was trying to find “SteamVR” so that I could use a VR headset with Steam. It doesn’t exist. It’s not on the store. Eventually I click the little, “there are hidden titles that match” link. There’s SteamVR. Tagged as “Anime”.

So I downloaded SteamVR and also Anime Girl Adventure Dungeon and Japanese Dating Simulator VR.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rutibex posted:

how can you dislike a cube? it even had a handle

The game cube isn't a cube

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
bullshit. i watched this whole movie about how steve jobs made sure the gamecube was a perfect cube and it's how he got his job at apple back after they fired him for that rumor about him at the aquarium

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The mathematical definition of a cube is derived from the GameCube's dimensions

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Horny is bad because it's one of those things that boosts something higher than it deserves otherwise. A horny game is typically only good for horny, so either you want the horny or the game is just bad. So you'll be there looking for an actual game but horny weebs have pushed these poo poo games higher in the charts, junking them up and making them harder to use.

Which is exactly why they should be cordoned off in their own little subsystem. Though to be fair I haven't been bothered by them for ages between Steam getting better at showing you what you like and me avoiding those games consistently.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Devils Affricate posted:

The mathematical definition of a cube is derived from the GameCube's dimensions

Yep the International Prototype Gamecube (IPG) is locked in an underground vault somewhere in Paris

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seeing people fight over BotW and Elden Ring is funny to me because they are both not great games.

They both have frameworks of great games. And if you like like that framework your view will be skewed into not seeing the litany of other problems the games have. They truth is they are both 7/10 games. Elden Ring might be 6/10, though. Just cuz the fans are loving insufferable already.

The funny thing about Elden Ring is that 1 week prior a far superior game came out. A VIDEO game that has graphics that make Elden Ring look like the finger paint your 2 year old did that you put on the fridge. It has better sound. The combat is more varied and faster. It has a story. It has top tier voice acting. It is better in literally every single way.

Souls players are the worst. They are the star wars fans of video games.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Waltzing Along posted:

Seeing people fight over BotW and Elden Ring is funny to me because they are both not great games.

They both have frameworks of great games. And if you like like that framework your view will be skewed into not seeing the litany of other problems the games have. They truth is they are both 7/10 games. Elden Ring might be 6/10, though. Just cuz the fans are loving insufferable already.

The funny thing about Elden Ring is that 1 week prior a far superior game came out. A VIDEO game that has graphics that make Elden Ring look like the finger paint your 2 year old did that you put on the fridge. It has better sound. The combat is more varied and faster. It has a story. It has top tier voice acting. It is better in literally every single way.

so you're not team a or b, you're team c

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

How long did it take you to beat Elden Ring?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

i dont even know what game you're talkin about but i bet it sucks chode

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I think he's talking about horizon zero dawn which is a giant lmao from me

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Forbidden West is the new one, but yeah he is almost certainly talking about Horizon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Elden Ring and the souls games have better voice acting because it's one of the few series to have British accents that aren't just "ooh err cor blimey guv" or "oh how spiffing pip pip cheerio"

Best creepy laughs in gaming too.

Waltzing Along posted:

Elden Ring might be 6/10, though. Just cuz the fans are loving insufferable already.

People who let other fans behavior or opinions affect how much they enjoy something are broken in the brain imo. I'm sorry.

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 9, 2022

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Mount and Blade bannerlord is a completely superior game to elden ring anyway because in terms of running around waving swords at people, it has a lot more variety and you can have a bunch of troops, too, if you want.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Panzeh posted:

Mount and Blade bannerlord is a completely superior game to elden ring anyway because in terms of running around waving swords at people, it has a lot more variety and you can have a bunch of troops, too, if you want.

neither of them has poo poo on deus ex

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Devils Affricate posted:

neither of them has poo poo on deus ex

douche ex doesn't even let you lead 400 unatco troops into liberty island

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
that poster should be talking about Sifu but they definitely arent so I know they are dead wrong

edit: play Sifu right now its a loving great game.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Sifu is an unreasonably good videogame

It's literally "what if we made the best part of the game the entire game"

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Is horizon another generic open world game where the map looks like someone vomited icons all over it? And you have to listen to 5min of exposition dialogue before you get the privilege of going on a fetch quest?

Nowher fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 9, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

yes

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just got a laptop. Time for Morrowind. See you guys in a few weeks.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Just got a laptop. Time for Morrowind. See you guys in a few weeks.

That game only takes 3 minutes, I saw a video

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Elden Ring and the souls games have better voice acting because it's one of the few series to have British accents that aren't just "ooh err cor blimey guv" or "oh how spiffing pip pip cheerio"

Best creepy laughs in gaming too.

People who let other fans behavior or opinions affect how much they enjoy something are broken in the brain imo. I'm sorry.

it's because the british accents are just from them hiring an english VA studio in britain and telling them "hey say all these lines but in english instead of japanese"
instead of asking a bunch of fat stupid americans to sound british

it's the same thing ffxiv did

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Waltzing Along posted:

Which is in turn funny to me because this is a not great post.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Phigs posted:

Horny is bad because it's one of those things that boosts something higher than it deserves otherwise. A horny game is typically only good for horny, so either you want the horny or the game is just bad. So you'll be there looking for an actual game but horny weebs have pushed these poo poo games higher in the charts, junking them up and making them harder to use.

Which is exactly why they should be cordoned off in their own little subsystem. Though to be fair I haven't been bothered by them for ages between Steam getting better at showing you what you like and me avoiding those games consistently.

otoh, Witcher 3 is horny as hell and there is a good game there

MGS3, too

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i have never played a Zelda game. I did however play hours and hours of Ultima IV on my Commodore 64.

e:i just bought Oceanhorn for my XBone. Is it like Zelda? Oceanhorn's shaping up to be a chill fun little game.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 9, 2022

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

m&b:bl is good until you get the hammer and anvil down, and then you just do that a lot and it gets boring

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Just realized I have a spicy take for this thread:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is the best Metal Gear game

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
BotW and Elden Ring fall into the same category for me, in games that I just don't like the feel of playing but I love watching someone play in the same room. Like, if someone is in the room and is playing Elden Ring I'll probably watch it and enjoy the game. But I wouldn't play it myself. God of War falls into that as well.

Games I like playing have to feel quick, nimble and sharp. Fast paced shooters, action games where you never stop moving, etc. Or chill walking sims where stuff is happening or being narrated all the time.

When I don't control the game I can appreciate stuff my ADHD brain can't while I'm playing them. It's kind of neat.

And yet I still struggle with watching let's plays.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

syntaxfunction posted:

BotW and Elden Ring fall into the same category for me, in games that I just don't like the feel of playing but I love watching someone play in the same room. Like, if someone is in the room and is playing Elden Ring I'll probably watch it and enjoy the game. But I wouldn't play it myself. God of War falls into that as well.

Games I like playing have to feel quick, nimble and sharp. Fast paced shooters, action games where you never stop moving, etc. Or chill walking sims where stuff is happening or being narrated all the time.

When I don't control the game I can appreciate stuff my ADHD brain can't while I'm playing them. It's kind of neat.

And yet I still struggle with watching let's plays.

I haven't played Elden Ring but if you use light weapons and armor Dark Souls combat is pretty snappy. It's not quite Bayonetta or MGR but it can be close.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
some people prefer a dynasty warriors or DMC style combat over a soulslike style combat
I condescendingly think those people just haven't seen the light yet

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 9, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Breath of the Wild holds the #1 spot on the list of popular games that I just don't get. When I look at it I can't point out a single thing that I thought it did well.

e: I'm convinced its popularity was mostly due to it being the first time Nintento people ever played an open world RPG that wasn't Secret of Mana.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 9, 2022

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Unpopular opinion: the Souls games are way cooler if you use fist weapons, they are secretly sequels to Mike Tyson's Punchout. Seriously fist weapons are super fun, only trust your fists, fist everyone you meet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Breath of the Wild holds the #1 spot on the list of popular games that I just don't get. When I look at it I can't point out a single thing that I thought it did well.

e: I'm convinced its popularity was mostly due to it being the first time Nintento people ever played an open world RPG that wasn't Secret of Mana.

It had the first sexy fishman since Darkstalkers.

Now Im out of stuff it did good.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

deep dish peat moss posted:

It’s a combination of that and generalized Nintendo fans gonna fan. It’s a good game, but doesn’t do anything new or better than dozens of other open world games that came out earlier.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I never felt completely comfortable with the fact that the xbone has slivers of human bone in it because the marketing team caught wind of the naming snafu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
you dont even have to get breath of the wild, if you played it for 90 minutes you experienced most of the ups and downs