Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only saw Scott pilgrim once when I was high as a teenager so I'll believe anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh yeah I remember that one, never got to finish it though. If you're interested in something similar there's also "Starship Operators" especially if you happened to have liked The Expanse.

Yeah I’ve seen Starship Operators as well and it’s really good! I dislike the plucky teen aspect of it, but the battles are cool as heck.

Larry Parrish posted:

this sounds ftw because I really loved planetes lol.

If you like Sci-Fi where they spout very technical sounding terms, sit around discussing Sci-Fi concepts (usually what it means to be genetically altered vs. Someone who isn’t) and the occasional cool space battle it is very good and worth watching.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

i feel slightly seen here but the truth is while I like anime it's not an actual hobby for me the way gaming is so i don't care to talk about it unless I just finished watching or reading something. i have the josei thread bookmarked though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the Josei thread recently but read Ikoku Nikki if you haven't yet imo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scott Pilgay

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the Josei thread recently but read Ikoku Nikki if you haven't yet imo.

ya it's epic

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I Am Fowl posted:

Not that I recall, but this scene sticks with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBdPjiQpYU

Jesus, yikes
I had forgotten how good the music in sakamichi was though, dang

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I. M. Gei posted:

when did anime become a thing hot sexy people like?

The more you post the more I wonder if you're some kind of neural network trying to learn humanity.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Acerbatus posted:

The more you post the more I wonder if you're some kind of neural network trying to learn humanity.

I am on the autism spectrum, yes. Thank you for calling attention to it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You were all right, skipping to Watamote ch69 totally makes it all bearable.

I couldn't tell you how Kuroki somehow managed to make 7 friends but she did it somehow. Also it's also the first time since Nozaki-kun that I've rooted for the stalker in a manga. Go get yo girl Emiri.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Idk, I feel like the character development Kuroki goes through has the weight that it does because of the chapters preceding it. At least in my experience reading it. Yeah watamote needs more attention!

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 9, 2022

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Just gonna lean in here and say

If you're not reading Shiori Experience

WHY ARE YOU NOT READING SHIORI EXPERIENCE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
shiori experience is probably among the most un-adaptable manga ever made, right?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Captain Invictus posted:

shiori experience is probably among the most un-adaptable manga ever made, right?

Visually, maybe. With a tremendous budget and a good director.

Sound-wise, no fuckin' chance. No real-life song could ever be as good as Jack In! is supposed to be.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Mirage posted:

Visually, maybe. With a tremendous budget and a good director.

Sound-wise, no fuckin' chance. No real-life song could ever be as good as Jack In! is supposed to be.

Wonder if they could get away with dead silence. The music is too good to be percieved.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I more mean because two main characters are literally the ghost of Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain. Isn't the Hendrix estate insanely litigious? the rights would probably be impossibly expensive or restrictive.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh you don't know about Johhni Harmonex? Epic guitarman who channeled the spirit of fire when he played his sick chords? Or Burns Corbean, the surly iconoclast slacker who redefined Rock Out music and wore cardigan-flannels to every show?

No, sir, I don't believe I am in the Wondees drive-trhough why do you ask??

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mirage posted:

Just gonna lean in here and say

If you're not reading Shiori Experience

WHY ARE YOU NOT READING SHIORI EXPERIENCE

I. M. Gei posted:

You know a manga is gonna be good when the cover shows a character blowing a trumpet in your face

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Larry Parrish posted:

The protagonist spends 200 chapters growing with the second love interest just to end up getting with the love interest from the first volume in the space of about 5 chapters. I didn't look it up but I'm convinced it was serialized and got suddenly canceled lol. The ending is a little rushed but it's fine, I guess, it's a happy ending for the characters but it's kind of like. Narratively whack, I guess.

My interpretation whenever this sort of thing happens is that the author probably had the ending in mind from very early on—which you'd think would be a good thing—but as the middle parts get padded out to meet the needs of a continuous serialization more and more time gets spent developing the stuff that's not related to the original ending they had in mind. So it ends up feeling rushed and underdeveloped when it eventually happens.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i only read the first few volumes so i had just assumed the odds were always equal between the two sisters

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

When you post I wonder if you think we forgot this which when called out on you immediately scurried offline until you felt we forgot about it. We didn’t forget about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982355&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post520378352

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Maybe the poster who’s gimmick is building dossiers about others should lay low, perhaps get another alt.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Namtab posted:

Maybe the poster who’s gimmick is building dossiers about others should lay low, perhaps get another alt.

Or preferably just leave

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Shinjobi posted:

Feet are illegal, welcome to the new cyber dystopia

fire emblem awakening has prepared me for this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

When you post I wonder if you think we forgot this which when called out on you immediately scurried offline until you felt we forgot about it. We didn’t forget about it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982355&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post520378352

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Let it be known that I m gei is under my protection

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I guess this is part of the merger but devil is a part timer is now on Crunchyroll. I’m rewatching it for the first time since being a teenager and it’s still holding up! Hoping the follow up is as good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/tesseralis/status/1446221070118240268?t=7_U7QiCkmhpgSRFy_LetEw&s=19

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Namtab posted:

Let it be known that I m gei is under my protection

*kills both of you at the same time with Piccolo's Makankosappo*

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Plutonis posted:

god drat it, now namtab is going to come back with the kaioken and completely wreck our poo poo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

i did

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/chopperfireball/status/1500913926262951944

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Sleng Teng posted:

I guess this is part of the merger but devil is a part timer is now on Crunchyroll. I’m rewatching it for the first time since being a teenager and it’s still holding up! Hoping the follow up is as good

I finally have a chance to watch the rest of Hyouka now, too. Someone post .gifs of Chitanda violating peoples' personal space

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I got ultra instinct I can just dodge that poo poo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Someone Furigana "Well bless your heart" to have the correct meaning for me plz tia

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mister Facetious posted:

Someone Furigana "Well bless your heart" to have the correct meaning for me plz tia

you have to rely on context for that one

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Everything Burrito posted:

you have to rely on context for that one

the context is it's being said by an overweight American Protestant

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's not context op.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The meme that it always means "gently caress you" is really bad. I've heard it said sincerely far more than sarcastically

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah 99% of the time I hear it it's said in sincere gratitude. It's pretty obvious when people are using it sarcastically, the same way when people sarcastically say "thanks".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

an easy way to tell online is punctuation
if someone ends their message with a period, it's because they're barely containing their desire to murder you
if it's got nothing it's fine, if it's got an exclamation mark on a positive remark they're happy/grateful.