Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I had a church muffin for breakfast and it was Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

bagmonkey posted:

Two packages of muffins because I've never seen an individual package leave Church

pretty sure it's enshrined in Costco Law that you must buy two packages so yeah that checks out

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

you will be corrected and shamed if you only bring one muffin pack to the checkout as a runner is dispatched to sprint to the bakery and collect the forgotten muffin brethren for you.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh god the time I only grabbed one sleeve of bagels I was so ashamed I stopped the person from running back and did it myself at pace. Just tape the packages together if you have to buy them like that!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

We waste so much labor running back to get bagels danish and muffins. I really don't understand why we don't keep a rack of each near check out.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
My local Co keeps a shopping cart of shame up front filled with bagels and muffins for those folks (present company included) shameful enough to forget these blessed items are priced at 2 per.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

bigman.50grand posted:

My local Co keeps a shopping cart of shame up front filled with bagels and muffins for those folks (present company included) shameful enough to forget these blessed items are priced at 2 per.

Mine does this but with kids that people forgot to keep track of.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AKZ posted:

you will be corrected and shamed if you only bring one muffin pack to the checkout as a runner is dispatched to sprint to the bakery and collect the forgotten muffin brethren for you.

I did this once, but with the cheese pastries :ohdear:

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

numberoneposter posted:

Canadian Costcos get these bad boys.

Boiled montreal smoked meat bags.

and then I pick up 3 loaves of rye bread for like $5 and a huge jar of mustard and I'm set with easy lunches.

Also makes for good MSM poutine.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Same, I'll never forget that day of shame. But we all must learn

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Lazyhound posted:

Also makes for good MSM poutine.
GOOD CALL. I THINK I SAW CHEESE CURDS THERE TOO.

sorry.

i think i saw cheese curds there too.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

i think we all have.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

RoastBeef posted:

Costco gas lines reaching new levels of rediculous.

I don't get this poo poo. Are people Costco members and NOT buying gas at Costco until it becomes mentally expensive? I buy my gas at Costco every time. Savings is savings.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

FogHelmut posted:

I don't get this poo poo. Are people Costco members and NOT buying gas at Costco until it becomes mentally expensive? I buy my gas at Costco every time. Savings is savings.

people are topping off right now because gas is poised to keep going up would be my assumption

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

silicone thrills posted:

people are topping off right now because gas is poised to keep going up would be my assumption

It's exactly this and the time plus gas wasted idling there in line makes it semi questionable

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yeah I'm gonna sit in line to buy 2 gallons of gas every day.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah I'm gonna sit in line to buy 2 gallons of gas every day.

This is like the shaq math :haw:

https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/1500960088533700610

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ lol holy poo poo he's a moron

FogHelmut posted:

If there's a line of like 3 cars I won't get it. I'm impatient.

silicone thrills posted:

Today it hit it's highest price ever I believe at $4.17. (average of course)

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 9, 2022

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

i went today when i noticed i had a half tank left. i only drive ~3 days a week and yeah im sure is gonna keep going up for awhile.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

He's absolutely right. I know he's not, but I get it. He's absolutely right.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

He's absolutely right. I know he's not, but I get it. He's absolutely right.

:agreed: I totally get what he’s going for there and I’m down. Plus the whole exchange is just hilarious. Shaq rules.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Shouldn’t these guys all be well past writing about gas prices???

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Especially if you fill up when you're half empty!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If I have a Costco hot dog I'm still half empty. No matter what. I just approach full on an exponential tangent curve but I'll never get there without the onions

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Especially if you fill up when you're half empty!

You have to fill up a full tank at $80. But you only have to pay $20 to fill up half a tank. - Shaq math

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

poisonpill posted:

Hey now, these multi millionaires have the same problems just like you and me, not like they live in a bubble at all! Why, they're not so different from us common people after all!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Best time to fill up is after 730 on a week day in my experience

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

People should just get a job working from home :shrug:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

People should just get a job working from home :shrug:

I'm not bringing hazardous chemicals anywhere near my house.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Bad news: you may have dihydrogen monoxide at your house already

Good news: Costco sells all sorts of DHMO mitigation techniques as well as inexpensive and preprepared samples of the substance itself

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Soul Dentist posted:

Bad news: you may have dihydrogen monoxide at your house already

Good news: Costco sells all sorts of DHMO mitigation techniques as well as inexpensive and preprepared samples of the substance itself

:v:

Should have clarified: not bringing the nasty rear end poo poo I work with home.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Impulse purchased the jumbo bean bag chair last week because we needed some piece of furniture in my office/game room. Couldn't be happier

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I almost impulse bought one of those massage guns last week but then thought better of it and didn't.

Right now I have a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck to the point I can't turn my head and I've never regretted a decision so hard. The closest thing I've had to relief was tricking my 3 year old to jump up and down on my back which probably isn't the smartest thing but I don't care.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Renegret posted:

I almost impulse bought one of those massage guns last week but then thought better of it and didn't.

Right now I have a nasty cramp in my shoulder/neck to the point I can't turn my head and I've never regretted a decision so hard. The closest thing I've had to relief was tricking my 3 year old to jump up and down on my back which probably isn't the smartest thing but I don't care.

Sharper Image massage gun? Totally worth it. Any of our friends or family that has tried it out swears by it too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

You can make your own for about $65 (ish)

https://youtu.be/22dVPqRruZA

I actually did this and it works really drat well lol

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Sharper Image massage gun? Totally worth it. Any of our friends or family that has tried it out swears by it too.

Seconding that this is fantastic.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Psion posted:

Costco thread, if you were stranded in a desert with one bakery item what would it be

big-rear end bag of dinner rolls is the clear choice here

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Raluek posted:

big-rear end bag of dinner rolls is the clear choice here

Na the assorted muffins are the clear winner.

Calorie dense and you get some variety.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Here is the segment Ernie was referencing in the previous video about the West Coast and the Moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSrQy-aju8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Renegret posted:

It's worth it.