Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Dramatika posted:

Why would you even keep the records? What possible use would you have of leaving hard evidence of you doing something that you know would hurt your wife, but only if she found out

Because records are to be kept. Otherwise they’d be called something else. (The guy is such a loving dumbass)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This dude has probably fallen for some man-o-sphere bullshit, cus that's some catch-22 level thinking.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Neito posted:

Projecting

Yep, it's projection 101. He's thought about cheating -- or maybe even has -- so she must have too.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for testing my all of my kids hair to make sure they were mine?

'oh honey, it's not that i don't trust you, it's that i don't trust women! nothing against you, you just happen to be one of the blasted creatures'

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for switching places with my twin brother at his wedding ?

Why are identical twins all like this? Glad Alex's bride got out while there was still time, now Alex and OP can settle down together (preferably in the acid vat), taking themselves out of the pool for any future innocent bystanders.

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for testing my all of my kids hair to make sure they were mine?

Just doing normal extremely-not-suspicious dad things, as you do

I love when redpill stories have happy endings

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There are so many dads who do this and I don't understand why

All of the guys who are suspicious of their wives but have a second brain cell to tell them to throw away the results once they read them do not have a reason to post on reddit, so we don't hear about them. So only the guys who dynamite their lives like this post threads about it. Sampling bias. Even if there are probably more guys who just threw the results out after reading them and moved on with their lives.

WIBTA if I told my boss that my coworker was asking recruiters publicly on LinkedIn to help him find a new job?

quote:

My coworker “B” and myself both report to my manager, “J”. B is pretty young and naive and has only worked here for a short time, but he seems frustrated with his workload. I am connected with him on LinkedIn and saw that he responded publicly to a recruiter who was listing their current available jobs.

I am 99% sure B hasn’t told our manager that he is looking for a new job. If I were to give J a heads up, it could better prepare both of us ahead of time so I could do some job training with B and learn what he does, so I’m not stuck trying to learn everything a week before he leaves.

That said, I know it’s pretty rude to basically out B like that. But he was pretty careless to use LinkedIn publicly like that and I am starting to get worried that I’ll be the one affected by his departure.

Look, a vision from tattletale OP's future!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's literally what LinkedIn is for.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I think this is the lowest stakes one I've ever seen.

AITA Because I taped shut my dad’s comics without telling him?

quote:

Title sounds bad but please hear me out. I(F23) live at home when my parents. I’m closest with my father(M50), as we’re very much alike in personality and tastes. We both love comic books and superheroes in general; he started collecting comic books again around 2014, and I also got into the hobby a couple of years later. He’s agreed that because of our shared passion, when he passes all of his comics and paraphernalia will go to me.

I recently asked him if I could start reading his Batman comics, as we both have separate pull lists, and he hasn’t actually picked up a comic to read for almost four years. He was fine with it so I started reading up on both his Detective Comics and Batman runs, along with any other limited series he’s bought in the same timespan.

The first fifty issues of each main run he had already read and sealed shut himself with tape, which was fine, I just made sure that I was careful in unsealing them, and then re-taping them after I finished reading. Once I got to the end where he’d stopped reading, I made it a point to write down the issues’ numbers both electronically and on a piece of notepad paper, and even put spare backboards between the comics of where he’d stopped and where he could continue on from if he ever decided to start reading again. Then I kept on reading myself, and after each issue I’d tape it shut and put in back the long box. I honestly didn’t think anything of it, but yesterday evening my dad asked me if I was taping the comics he hadn’t read yet, and I said yes. He got angry with me, told me to immediately stop doing it, and claimed that any person with common sense would know not to do that before going into his office the rest of the night.

I was confused and a little hurt, and still am. Am I breaking some comic taboo I’ve never heard of? I try to treat these issues (and any other issues) as carefully as I can; I don’t eat or drink near them, and I’m careful to make sure my hands are always clean and dry. It’s distressing because if he’d made this clear from the beginning I’d have made sure not to tape the issues, yet he seems to think I should have just instinctively known not to do so from the get-go. I didn’t think it was a big deal, especially since he hasn’t read any in a long time, and none of the comics are damaged or creased, but maybe I did make a big mistake. AITA?

EDIT: I think maybe I’m confusing some people, and I don’t mean to. I’m not taping the comics themselves and their pages shut. Typically when you buy a comic at a shop it comes with a bag and board, either if it’s a back issue or from a pull list. You put comics in the these bags called sleeves, which usually have an overlapping flap so that you can safely tape the flap to the other side when you finish reading. My dad always taught me to seal and tape the comics when I finished reading to prevent damage, so I made a thoughtless assumption that was made more out of habit than anything malicious. I’m going to talk to him when he gets home from work.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Soylent Pudding posted:

I feel like this would have gone over much better at the rehearsal dinner

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Invisible Clergy posted:

WIBTA if I told my boss that my coworker was asking recruiters publicly on LinkedIn to help him find a new job?

I like that the OP, having worked there for longer than the young and naive new guy, is worried he will not have time to learn how to do the young and naive new guy's job.

Hmm.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Invisible Clergy posted:

why is OP all over LinkedIn if they're not looking for a job themselves? I wonder...

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Barudak posted:

<nodding> A kosher vegan does seem like the worst person to think you can argue with

Do vegans not use soap to clean their stuff? I feel like there's a big overlap with patchouli stink hippies & weird militant vegans in that regard, otherwise they wouldn't freak about cleanliness

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

titty_baby_ posted:

why is OP all over LinkedIn if they're not looking for a job themselves? I wonder...

Probably posting right-wing memes. That's all I see on there these days.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

M19 Coworker had feelings for me, and then he left

quote:

M19 Gave me F19 a very confusing gift

Hi everyone, so I am (19F) and a boy19 ( coworker) at my retail job had feelings for me that he conveyed to me about 8 months ago, I wasn’t too sure about him then, so I had to not respond to him, apparently he didn’t talk about love stuff every again in the last few months ,

last week he told everyone at work that he is moving to new town, so that he would be leaving . so today he asked me that he want to give me something for the friendship( love) that we shared.

For the context of the gift, he gave me a gold wrapped gift, upon opening on to discover he was gifted me , A matching blue tracksuit, and a little baby hat , I don’t know what any of that would mean , for me it’s a very confusing thing to give to accpect rejection,

TL;Dr: my coworker gave a a very confusing gift for the friendship that we shared

commenter posted:

He gave you baby clothes?

OP posted:

Yea

:confused:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I was worried I'd need linkedin to find work after college and that I'd have to sell myself on an annoying social media platform but so far no job I've had ever gave a poo poo about it and for that I am grateful

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

M19 Coworker had feelings for me, and then he left

:confused:

Terrified to imagine what he ended up giving that expectant mother when he mixed up the gifts.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

titty_baby_ posted:

I was worried I'd need linkedin to find work after college and that I'd have to sell myself on an annoying social media platform but so far no job I've had ever gave a poo poo about it and for that I am grateful

I've used it for the job listings and chatting with a few recruiters, that's about it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Invisible Clergy posted:

Same OP lol

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Do vegans not use soap to clean their stuff? I feel like there's a big overlap with patchouli stink hippies & weird militant vegans in that regard, otherwise they wouldn't freak about cleanliness

Kosher. It's a Jewish dietary practice. As I understand, you're not supposed to cook with utensils that have be used for meat / non kosher meat. Plenty of cultures have specific practices for harvesting meat, or simply not eating meat. See also Hinduism.

Which makes mocking this person's dietary practices pretty antisemitic to me. They're not vegan because save the animals, they're vegan because they're religious. But what do I know, I'm goy.

In any case, the boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat and so is the girlfriend for dating a known antisemite and person who'd walk all over other people's boundaries. They deserve each other, and OP deserves new clean cookware.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Yeah in this case the vegan-kosher guy seems like the clear good guys it’s entirely reasonable and the boyfriend sounds like a dipshit prick dunno why so many people think it’s unreasonable to expect a guest to not gently caress up your religious and dietary stuff in your own home.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BOOTY-ADE posted:

"Cleaning with soap" might be insufficient and potentially it could be arduous or downright impossible to make something kosher after it's had treif cooked or served in it. Depends on the material, how porous it is, etc.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

AITA for not wanting my dishes used for meat?

How do you know when your landlord is vegan?

They'll tell you

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

Spiking the relationship in the end zone like Gronkowski

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Turns out Snitch LinkedIn OP has been looking for a new job for at 7 months

Her profile and question history is mostly just sad/pathetic in a way that’s not funny but lol at this

quote:

Should I tell my boss, who knows I’m unhappy at work, that I’m looking for another job?
Submitted 7 months ago by TooEmbarrassed7
I like my boss a lot but upper management (boss’s boss) has had me crying at least once a week for the last several months. I have had conversations about this with my boss, who is understanding about the whole situation but I don’t think it will improve despite him trying to help me come up with solutions. I don’t want to go to HR about the person making me cry because that will just put a target on my back.
I had been passively looking at job opportunities for a while but today was kind of a final straw that is making me really start to look. I just want to be out of this situation as soon as I possibly can.
Should I tell my boss that I feel the situation is irreconcilable and that I am looking for other jobs? I know I will probably need a recommendation and he has been understanding of the situation this far. But I don’t want to make things worse either.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA? I pissed off a waitress today?

quote:

I recently gave a previous coworker a reference and they got the job. I'm training them this week. I wanted to eat with my coworker at a nicer restaurant than we normally do, so we went to a Chili's.

We only get a 45 minute lunch break, and another coworker from a different building wanted to tag along. To save time me and the trainee ordered together online... But there is no dine in option. We figured we'd just choose carry out and then sit down with our other coworker.

When we came in the waitress sat us and asked what we wanted to drink. The trainee and I ordered water. The other coworker got a lemonade. When the waitress asked us if we were ready to order I explained two of us had ordered ahead and we wanted to sit down and eat with our friend.

The waitress looked at me like I had insulted her, so I tried to explain but my words definitely failed me, I said "It isn't my fault the website doesn't let you choose dine-in". She got pissed and ran into the backroom and yelled out angrily "What's the name?". A different person brought us the food and had us pay on the spot, noticing they seemed upset I decided to give a 22% tip which was the biggest you could give on the quick tip menu.

I can then hear the waitress very clearly from the backroom swearing about those two loving guys ordered online and said "It's not our fault dine-in isn't an option!" She then ignores us and keeps going into the backroom to complain. At this point I asked my friends if what I'd done was super inappropriate, one of them said no and the other said it's not wrong but it's definitely weird.

We decided maybe she doesn't get a tip from online orders and decided to give a cash tip also. I tried to flag her down, as she is totally ignoring us now. She goes into the backroom again and I can hear her say "Great now I have to serve these assholes." I explain to my friends I simply cannot sit here and eat now, she's totally uncivil. My trainee had no problem with leaving early, and the other friend was a bit disappointed.

She comes over and tries to politely ask what we need, at this point I politely explain I didn't realize what we did was such a huge problem, I placed a 20 bill on the table as a tip and said me and the other guy who ordered online will leave. She acts like she doesn't know what's wrong.

I tipped 22% + 20 for a 20 dollar lunch. AITA?

Okay, I'm the rear end in a top hat and won't ever try to eat inside a restaurant without sitting down. I did try to make it right which I would've done if someone simply explained to me why it was wrong. I just wanted to eat chilis for lunch which I didn't have time for if I didn't order ahead.
Where do OP and his friends usually have lunch where Chili's is nicer? The dumpster behind Chili's?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AITA for being mad at my parents that they got my older brother a car for his 18th birthday and not on mine, and then causing the whole family to be up in arms about it till they came through?Not the A-hole

quote:

Ok I know the title sounds like I'm spoiled. But hear me out. My brother (20) got a car for his 18th birthday. Not a new car or anything. It was a 20 year old Lexus that was in pretty good shape. And he rubbed it in my face for the rest of the time he was in senior year of high school. Compared with my brother I get just as good of grades as he does. Better in some cases even. I worked my hardest in the hope of fairness. I even did some volunteering cleaning up garbage in my local area. Then my 18th birthday came and went a few weeks ago. And the only thing I wanted, the only thing I was hoping for was a car. I wasn't expecting something like a new car, or a sporty car. Just something reliable like my brother got. The party wasn't anything like my brother's 18th. For his 18th my mom baked the cake herself. It was a delicious layered chocolate pudding cake. I got a sheet cake from the super market. For his they got a DJ. For mine it was my dad's old boombox with a couple of mix CDs. We went through whole party, and I figured my parents might have just been waiting to spring a surprise gift on me. But that didn't happen.

I asked them as things were wrapping up why there was no car when my brother got one. And they said that they felt like he'd worked harder for it. I asked what he did that I didn't do. Because I did all of that and more. My grandma was nearby and heard everything. And then she asked them why as well. She ended up lecturing my parents that she was very very very disappointed in them for showing favoritism. Then she proceeded to announce to everyone still there that my parents thought it fine to get their first born son a car and DJ, but not their second. And then she even pointed out how much harder my parents tried for my brother's 18th birthday than they had for mine. My uncle was the first to stand up and say something. Then everyone else who'd not left yet. I ended up just walking away and going to my room to sit and think.

I got a few I'm sorry calls from relatives. And my grandparents convinced me to go out with them for the evening. But when I got back my parents were pissed, and told me I'd shamed them to the whole family. I just walked past them because I didn't want to fight. The next few weeks went by with the silent treatment between us. But then a few days ago, my parents suddenly surprised me with a white 98 Subaru Legacy that runs great. They practically threw the keys and the title in an envelope at me and said to have fun. I got the car. And they're paying for insurance for the next six months like they did for my brother. I know a car isn't really a right, but a privilege. So I feel like I've essentially blackmailed my parents into getting me one.

AITA for how all this played out?

Edit: I would like to clarify a few things. My parents make pretty good money. And also don't go out of their way to live lavishly by choice. They've always been moderate in everything they buy or do. Though if anything is stretching their finances, it's my brother's college tuition. He got a partial scholarship and my parents are paying the rest. I don't and never intended to ask for the same treatment on that. I want to work and pay my own student loans. Now that I have the car, I'm already looking into getting a part time job.

This also isn't a gender thing as I'm male like my brother. The bill of sale for the car I got says my parents paid $1600 for it. My brother's car cost them about $3000+ if I remember. But I don't see it as a money issue. I actually really love the Subaru. And told my parents so. They did not share my enthusiasm.

I also did try to talk about a car with my parents a few times last year. But they always dodged the conversations about the topic. I figured if I talked about it too much, it'd ruin it. And so I stopped. I would have felt like a brat to keep talking about getting an imaginary car. So I learned to just stay silent and hope.

I can't go stay with my grandparents because they live in a one bedroom condo. There isn't enough room for other people. After all their kids grew up, my grandparents decided to downsize to make their eventual retirement easier. Also my grandparents know all of the details already. And they tell me that I didn't do anything wrong. And were already planning on confronting my parents quietly over the car issue. But they took the chance to take care of the matter when they heard me asking my parents about it.

As for my brother's 18th birthday party, it was held in 2020 during basically the height of the pandemic. Honestly we shouldn't have had a big party like that at the time. But my parents insisted. As for my brother himself, he barely speaks to me, even before he left for college. He didn't show up for my 18th birthday party. And I figured that's just because he's busy with college, and he's not even in the same state as us anymore. Honestly I haven't seen or heard from him since Christmas. And even then the most I got out of him was a mild greeting.

I did thank my parents for the car. Enthusiastically thanked them even. But they've barely said a word to me after giving me the Subaru. And when I thanked my parents, they brushed me off and just went inside. It kind of gave off the vibe that they were letting a brat play with his new toy. Which was pretty upsetting. And one of the reasons I made this post.

Edit 2: There was one more thing I forgot to say. I was really hoping to get the car because I literally couldn't get a part time job without one. We don't live in the city. And we're ten miles from the nearest public bus stop. I've always had to get rides to go anywhere. Now that I have the Subaru, I intend to look for a part time after school job as soon as I can.

Posting because Meemaw owns bones. Now that's how you use being an old fart. Who's gunna cuss out a grandma? Nobody, because decorum.

AITA for going home when my wife didn't let me into the delivery room

quote:

My (M28) wife (F29) gave birth a few days ago. We had what I believe to be a fairly standard pregnancy and I did my best to take care of things and make it easy for her. I took her to the hospital when she was due and her sister and mother met us there.

The problem started when she was taken to the delivery room. She asked the nurse that only her mother and sister (F27) be allowed in the delivery and then told me that she wanted me to wait until "I've delivered and calmed down" before letting me into the room. I was kind of shocked and didn't want to make a scene so I just said OK and sat down in the waiting room. We had not really discussed the plan for the hospital and I had no reason to think I wouldn't be there when my son was born.

I texted her sister if she knew my wife was going to do this? She said no. I told her to ask if my wife was concerned about something because I don't consider myself someone who would have made a fuss or made things more difficult for her. She texted back after a while saying that my wife "just doesn't want you to see her like this" and then added that she didn't agree with my wife and tried to convince her but ultimately it was her choice and I should respect it.

I sat in the waiting room for 6 hours getting minimal updates as the labor was fairly slow, and then I decided that there was no point so I texted her sister that I was going home, I'd meet my son when they brought him home and handle the birth certificate stuff the next day.

They came home about 9 hours later and I was finally able to meet my son. When my wife's mother and sister left she got very angry at me for leaving her at the hospital. I was angry too but I told her that we can talk about this in a few days because she's just given birth. She wouldn't drop the subject so I finally told her that she excluded me from the birth of my son for no reason, I didn't see the need to hang around a hospital waiting room for hours doing nothing, and that even her own sister thinks what she did was wrong. She said there could have been complications and I needed to be there, to which I replied that I wouldn't have been there because she kept me out of the room and the doctors would have handled any problems anyways.

She called me an inconsiderate rear end in a top hat and has been talking short with me for several days. Her sister told me I should just apologize and move past it because it was a stressful time for my wife, but I think I'm owed a bigger apology first for how I was excluded from my own son's birth.

Call me crazy but I kinda thought spouses being in the birthing room would be, liek, default. They're going to parent the child, they should at least be there. In most cases anyways, surrogates, c sections, outstanding circumstances, etc aside.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There's degrees of keeping kosher, and some people would probably be fine washing out any compromised dishes or cookware, but others would not. making GBS threads on either group for their private religious practices is something you should not do, and is in fact easily avoided. It's really easy to not cook a ham in someone else's oven uninvited; most of us do it every single day.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Invisible Clergy posted:

Where do OP and his friends usually have lunch where Chili's is nicer? The dumpster behind Chili's?

He's NTA but the line you bolded got an lol out of me

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

What if you slipped on a banana peel and cooked a ham in someone's kosher dutch oven on accident and also it was the only way to avoid having the bomb go off? What then?

AITA I refuse to be close to my girlfriend when she eats ranch.

quote:

I (17 male) have a hatred and almost innate fear of ranch. I think it smells, taste and looks disgusting. But my girlfriend (17 female) loves it. She eats it often and on everything. I’ve told her multiple times that I can’t kiss her after she eats ranch unless she has something to drink to get the taste/ left overs out of her mouth. She says I’m being ridiculous and that I’m acting like a child.(she knows about my hatred for ranch) so AITA?
Lips that have touched ranch will never touch OP's.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

value-brand cereal posted:

Call me crazy but I kinda thought spouses being in the birthing room would be, liek, default. They're going to parent the child, they should at least be there. In most cases anyways, surrogates, c sections, outstanding circumstances, etc aside.

Mom's having the baby, mom gets to decide who's there at the birth. The problem here is that it's a reddit relationship so obviously they wouldn't talk about it beforehand and you have an OP who just fucks off home because obviously the doctors can just handle whatever crisis might pop up along the way.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

Well since its a work lunch prob subway or mc donalds or something.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Invisible Clergy posted:

What if you slipped on a banana peel and cooked a ham in someone's kosher dutch oven on accident and also it was the only way to avoid having the bomb go off? What then?

AITA I refuse to be close to my girlfriend when she eats ranch.

Lips that have touched ranch will never touch OP's.

They should have some drinks and "get ranchy" together. Either it'll cure the op or end the relationship

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

therattle posted:

Because records are to be kept. Otherwise they’d be called something else. (The guy is such a loving dumbass)

lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Invisible Clergy posted:

Hardship clause. If it is literally impossible to prevent or would save a life, it's ok to let a meal/item go kashrut as long as you make a good faith effort to minimize its impact afterwards. Strict religious observation is not worth more than a human life.

Religion has been around long enough to allow people to ponder all the absurd hypotheticals.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Mom's having the baby, mom gets to decide who's there at the birth. The problem here is that it's a reddit relationship so obviously they wouldn't talk about it beforehand and you have an OP who just fucks off home because obviously the doctors can just handle whatever crisis might pop up along the way.

Naw. If you’re not going to have the husband there you need a reason. It’s expected that he’s going to be there for the birth of his child now.

Now, we’re getting half the story. She could have a very good reason. But just springing “no I don’t want you in here” on him while in labor would be very lovely.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Hardship clause. If it is literally impossible to prevent or would save a life, it's ok to let a meal/item go kashrut as long as you make a good faith effort to minimize its impact afterwards. Strict religious observation is not worth more than a human life.

Religion has been around long enough to allow people to ponder all the absurd hypotheticals.

See, I think Judaism and Islam have this but at least in the evangelical Christian branch I was brought up in we were expected to loving die before denying Jesus.

Like it was drilled into our heads that there would probably be a day where somebody had a gun and told us they’d shoot our whole class if we didn’t deny Jesus, and the right move there was to let them shoot everybody. It was hosed.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Vim Fuego posted:

They should have some drinks and "get ranchy" together. Either it'll cure the op or end the relationship

In college I was out kayaking with a bunch of the climbing guides I worked with and my climbing partner was drinking from a water bottle and mine was under the spray skirt so I asked if I could grab a drink and it turns out it his bottle was filled with chocolate pudding.

PurpleLizardWizard
Jun 11, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

The bill of sale for the car I got says my parents paid $1600 for it. My brother's car cost them about $3000+ if I remember. But I don't see it as a money issue.

As for my brother's 18th birthday party, it was held in 2020 during basically the height of the pandemic.

Depending on the timing of "height of the pandemic," the parents bought the younger brother a much crappier car. Used car prices were depressed in late March 2020 and most of April, began to recover, and then started rocketing up in June. Bottom of the barrel clunkers were the heaviest impacted, so what on paper is ~half the price two years later was easily only a third to a quarter of the car quality.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

See, I think Judaism and Islam have this but at least in the evangelical Christian branch I was brought up in we were expected to loving die before denying Jesus.

Like it was drilled into our heads that there would probably be a day where somebody had a gun and told us they’d shoot our whole class if we didn’t deny Jesus, and the right move there was to let them shoot everybody. It was hosed.

Lol I remember a relative showing me some Estus Pirkle torture porn poo poo as a kid, and I remember even then thinking drat this is loving stupid and it made me even less interested in religious bullshit.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Captain Hygiene posted:

But don't you see, it actually makes her look better in the end!

She aced the secret paternity test 3 times; I don't get why people are confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm no expert and it is weirdly difficult to google, but I don't think the text of the Bible ever goes into all that much detail on hardship clauses. Jesus said you shouldn't renounce your faith to save your own life, but nothing on the subject of smaller violations or saving the lives of others, afaik, which leaves the matter up to sectarian interpretation.

American Evangelism is its own weird and terrifying beast, though. My family is fairly religious and all of them are wholly cool with me not being religious, because just making an effort to be a good person is the thing that matters.