Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Are discussions of the anime, or the audiobooks also banned?

I fully appreciate not overtly or subtly revealing things that could be spoilers in the webcomic, but general discussion of differences (for things that have already happened in both versions) or just mentioning things about the web comic that people like (as an encouragement to others to check it out) don't seem like they should be taboo.

Though sometimes I feel I one of the few people on SA that actually really likes both versions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RareAcumen posted:

Rename this thread One Punch Man Remake and the Webcomic one One Punch Man

One punch murata and ONE punch man

Not confusing at all

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

Are discussions of the anime, or the audiobooks also banned?

I fully appreciate not overtly or subtly revealing things that could be spoilers in the webcomic, but general discussion of differences (for things that have already happened in both versions) or just mentioning things about the web comic that people like (as an encouragement to others to check it out) don't seem like they should be taboo.

Though sometimes I feel I one of the few people on SA that actually really likes both versions...

No it's fine to talk about the anime, I was absolutely losing my poo poo looking at Bang vs Saitama from the OVA episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M38adIVJcJ8

You just cannot talk about the webcomic. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink after all.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

scary ghost dog posted:

yes. however if anyone is wondering why sweet mask isnt a pulpy mess, the webcomic will tell them the answer and the manga probably will not

I'm fine with things being mysterious, I am a lot more interested in him as a character now and don't feel a need to track down the relevant part of the webcomic to spoil that mystery

I was however planning going back and actually reading some of the re-draws I skipped because there were so many for awhile

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Revins posted:

I'm fine with things being mysterious, I am a lot more interested in him as a character now and don't feel a need to track down the relevant part of the webcomic to spoil that mystery

I was however planning going back and actually reading some of the re-draws I skipped because there were so many for awhile

If you only read a few redraws, I highly recommend the Saitama vs Oorochi redraw chapter: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/112/1/

But good idea to read all the redraws, since the newest chapters are based on continuity established only in the redraws. For the most part I think the redraws have made the chapters and the overall story better.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I still think the Child Emperor fight, original or redraw, is the worst part of this entire arc.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mraagvpeine posted:

I still think the Child Emperor fight, original or redraw, is the worst part of this entire arc.

That and the Lightning vs the Ninjas has been the low point for sure, but honestly this arc feels very meandering in a lot of places.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I do need to reread the Monster Association Arc up to this point, just so I have a clearer view of what redrawn chapters ended up discarding from the original editions, I'm legit not entirely sure if the chapter that this incredible spread came from even actually happened anymore:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Jerusalem posted:

I do need to reread the Monster Association Arc up to this point, just so I have a clearer view of what redrawn chapters ended up discarding from the original editions, I'm legit not entirely sure if the chapter that this incredible spread came from even actually happened anymore:

I think so, 'cause it's at the end of chapter 111 in the link above (which goes to chapter 112).

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Bucswabe posted:

If you only read a few redraws, I highly recommend the Saitama vs Oorochi redraw chapter: https://cubari.moe/read/gist/OPM/112/1/

But good idea to read all the redraws, since the newest chapters are based on continuity established only in the redraws. For the most part I think the redraws have made the chapters and the overall story better.

I love this chapter

and yeah, it's a huge redraw with story implications if you're into that sort of thing so everyone should definitely read it

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bucswabe posted:

Holy frick I didn't even realize this was released, it's so weird to decide to put major story implications in a redraw like this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Holy frick I didn't even realize this was released, it's so weird to decide to put major story implications in a redraw like this

Do you not remember Sweet Mask eviscerating the brainwashed human mercenaries before the redraw had Iaian and friends arrive to discombobulate them before they got killed?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Do you not remember Sweet Mask eviscerating the brainwashed human mercenaries before the redraw had Iaian and friends arrive to discombobulate them before they got killed?

And the Mercs ended up having a bit of a heart warming character arc!

... Well, until that one got her arm ripped off by Fuhrer Ugly...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think some but not all of the mercs survived. i'm not sure why such utterly trivial characters got so much play.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think some but not all of the mercs survived. i'm not sure why such utterly trivial characters got so much play.
Some of them are hot.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Everyone except the leader who died having some character development and wanting to save others, I think.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

One of the worst parts of the manga, yet also the part that got focused on the longest and had the most redraws.

Saitama punching his way into a psychic dimension was maybe the only good part.

I went back to try to find a great King moment and spent like an hour searching because this arc has been so insanely long.

At least it looks like it's finally close to over.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Shadow0 posted:

Saitama punching his way into a psychic dimension was maybe the only good part.

That moment redeemed the whole redraw nonsense for me, if only it had been part of the first draft and w/o multiple Phoenixman transformations to drag it out I think we'd actually be praising these kinds of detours.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Murata deciding that CEs robot looks lame and then turning the old design into a keychain for the new design owns. It took an unfortunate amount of time though.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496802660149 Raw for 160

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OH FFFFFUCK

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the scale of everything is just mwah

and I hope manako is safe :ohdear:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lol finally

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
oh my god tank top master leveled up

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

yes

YES

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish this arc was done already so I was angrily waiting two years for the next one to start.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

RareAcumen posted:

I wish this arc was done already so I was angrily waiting two years for the next one to start.

There's like 5 chapters of the webcomic after this arc, what's the point?

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Brandfarlig posted:

There's like 5 chapters of the webcomic after this arc, what's the point?

Lol no. More like 45 chapters.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translations: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/nQtRrea/1/1/

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Pig God continues to live up to the God part. Why is tanktop fat now though? Did Fubuki transfer too much of Pig Gods energy to him?

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

It's going to be so weird to have chapters where all the characters aren't engaged in an epic life-or-death battle again, and where we aren't expecting a hero or monster to be imminently pulverized...

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
monaco is a good girl

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Oh, THAT'S where Pig God's fat went...

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

They're literally gonna fight in a Tekken stage, huh.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

monaco is a good girl

I can't wait for her good deeds to force her to evolve into a Tiger level demon and she looks just Fubuki.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty darn hyped. :woop:

RareAcumen posted:

I can't wait for her good deeds to force her to evolve into a Tiger level demon and she looks just Fubuki.

This not happening would be a massive twist.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That is amazing

The sense of scale is beyond anything I've seen

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
oh shiiiii

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
This is the most hype I've been for the *next* chapter to come out in a long long time. Clearly it's time for some redraws...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
last panel rules.