Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Good Lord, that was a terrible game.

Though I'm not sad Margaret's finally gone. I got really annoyed by her forgetting to answer in the proper format a half-dozen times a game and always getting a pass on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

I definitely thought of Ike’s Yikes instead of Dwight’s Frights

:same:

It's definitely a good thing that it was a Ken episode because I really don't think MB would have accepted it, and possibly short-circuited

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

thrawn527 posted:

WYOMING?! Of all the…Wyoming?!

My mother saw that response and thought that he was thinking they were on the category where Y is the 2nd letter.

Only makes the answer slightly less incoherent but no less stupid.

Had no clue on Final but why bet the farm?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

christmas boots posted:

I definitely thought of Ike’s Yikes instead of Dwight’s Frights

Iron Crowned posted:

It's definitely a good thing that it was a Ken episode because I really don't think MB would have accepted it, and possibly short-circuited

It would have probably gotten rejected then we get a quick update after the break that it's accepted.

Timby posted:

Though I'm not sad Margaret's finally gone. I got really annoyed by her forgetting to answer in the proper format a half-dozen times a game and always getting a pass on it.

That and her chiming in at a lot of inappropriate moments. Her saying "mirepoix" before the buzzer had gone off, when the 3rd contestant could have still rung in, stands out, as does a lot of her commentary on DD wagering and such. I guess a lot of her mannerisms and quirks bugged me.

The only one that gets a pass from me is, "Is that the Wailing Wall?" I think that was 100% unintentional, just what was going through her brain, but it's technically a correct phrasing of a response in the form of a question.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

What is with the wagering this week?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The only one that gets a pass from me is, "Is that the Wailing Wall?" I think that was 100% unintentional, just what was going through her brain, but it's technically a correct phrasing of a response in the form of a question.

When she said that I realized that it would be acceptable and I pledge that if I ever get on Jeopardy I will use "is it....?" before every answer.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"Wouldn't it be funny if it were…?"

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

'Can I get a...?'

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

"Hwaaat's the DEAL with.....?"

I wonder how wild you could get before the producers cut in to tell you to knock it off.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

"Is it or is it not ____?"

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
"Can you believe it's not ____ !"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

That and her chiming in at a lot of inappropriate moments. Her saying "mirepoix" before the buzzer had gone off, when the 3rd contestant could have still rung in, stands out, as does a lot of her commentary on DD wagering and such.

Yeah, that really aggravated me, too. I get that it's just a game, but the random commentary drove me nuts; just because you're at a podium doesn't mean you should feel allowed to just yak whenever. There was a guy earlier this year or late last year who would say stuff like "rats!" and poo poo like that after he whiffed on a question, and it was equally bothersome.

A friend of mine was catching up on Margaret's second episode, in which she said that her jewelry was her children, and my friend (who's a mom) texted me and said, "WTF is wrong with this woman?"

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Trivia monkeys have too much personality for my robot brain

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You can have personality and not obnoxiously disrupt the game, it turns out. Amy did it for 40 games, Ken for 74.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

You can have personality and not obnoxiously disrupt the game, it turns out. Amy did it for 40 games, Ken for 74.

As evidenced by Ken basically going, "Sit down before you fall down, son," during the GOAT tournament.

There's a difference between having personality and trying to make the show about you.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
I think she was just nervous and unintentionally overcompensating.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"Regular Virginia" was hilarious though.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

I think she was just nervous and unintentionally overcompensating.
Yeah to me she read like someone with an anxiety disorder and panicking every time the spotlight was turned on her

and also

wa27 posted:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

wa27 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

What is going on with the time running out like every episode lately?

fuckin lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Fun fact: there’s an unincorporated community in Virginia called Ordinary.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

The Mighty Moltres posted:

What is going on with the time running out like every episode lately?

fuckin lol

Well today there were like a dozen clues nobody even tried to answer, which really slowed things down. I don't think I've ever seen as many questions left on the board as there were at the end of the DJ round today

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I think my station's an episode behind. We just got to see the Apollo category get blanked and I think that was yesterday's episode?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CPColin posted:

I think my station's an episode behind. We just got to see the Apollo category get blanked and I think that was yesterday's episode?

I saw that one today and I don't think we've missed any.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

That was the one. We noticed a lot of clues where nobody buzzed in, and there were, I think, 5 questions up on the board at the end? I don't remember ever seeing more than 2 or 3 before.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Huh. Somebody in the Spaceflight thread said that category was yesterday.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

That was today’s, because I kept yelling BUZZ ALDRIN earlier.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I haven’t seen todays yet and haven’t seen an Apollo category so yeah it’s not yesterdays game.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

CPColin posted:

Huh. Somebody in the Spaceflight thread said that category was yesterday.

They must be a space traveler from the ~~~~future~~~~

Or... I haven't been able to watch recently and have been reading J! Archive and didn't realize they put that episode up early. :doh:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hmm sounds like you should be banned from both threads then!!!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Why do the leaders keep betting everything in Final Jeopardy

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Why do the leaders keep betting everything in Final Jeopardy

It is weird that after a pretty long run of reasonable bets they've just fallen apart in the last couple of weeks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Audition was super fun and I feel really good about it. Only thing left to do is wait!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Audition was super fun and I feel really good about it. Only thing left to do is wait!

Good luck!! Glad to hear it went well.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Maureen appears to be drunk much of the time. In these happy times who the hell isn’t. Good for her.

Ken is also encouraging intraquestion yammering. Hot take, I know.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why are so many of these people wearing all black? Add some color to your outfits people!!!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I felt lots of frustration yesterday when Maureen got Final Jeopardy right but admitted she didn't know that Dorothy Parker was a poet.

I'm trying to figure out how embarrassed I should be that two people missed Final Jeopardy tonight. I'm very good with dates and knowing approximately when something happened. There were two in this clue and I misread it and still figured it out based on the first half of the clue. I read it as decades and not centuries, which would have made it extremely obvious. Based on how far off Hannah's answer was, was it an obvious clue or not?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Mr. Hookshot, who has literally zero knowledge of anything that has ever happened in America outside WWII and anything that might have shown up in movies, was able to figure it out.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I had no real idea when that woman's trial was (I would have guessed a few decades later), but she was the only woman I could think of who had been tried for anything, anywhere close to that time frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I felt lots of frustration yesterday when Maureen got Final Jeopardy right but admitted she didn't know that Dorothy Parker was a poet.

i didn't know that lol. i just look for "algonquin" or "round table" "wit" in the clue and if it's not there, they're not following the jeopardy rules. hmph.