Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Colts have up a 1st to miss the playoffs and get some 3rds lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Oh, Washington. Never change.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am very glad bad things are happening to the Washington football team

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
What in the dickens?????????

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fact the colts got some value back is legit impressive

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kidcoelacanth posted:

I am dying to know how much they gave up.

Reportedly 2 Arby’s coupons that are expiring this month.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

What in the dickens?????????

Get this, the Washington football team might be bad at evaluating football players and allocating resources.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I mean, at least with Darnold you could talk yourself into believing he just needed to be De-Gased and then he would be decent, but I can't wrap my head around thinking Carson Wentz is worth anything at this point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Can't wait for the first Eagles game

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would legit rather have FitzMagic starting than Carson Wentz.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Get this, the Washington football team might be bad at evaluating football players and allocating resources.

Mind blown by this. But seriously, this feels like a hilarious move even by WFT/Commanders standards.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That is hilariously dumb by Washington but the Colts are right now down to Sam Ehlinger at QB right? Looking it up I guess they have someone called James Morgan out of FIU that I don't know anything about.

I mean it's a long offseason and they'll find someone, or at least be motivated to look since they ought to be a good team. But when you significantly downgrade by trading Carson Wentz away in a bad QB draft that can't be a good feeling.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would legit rather have FitzMagic starting than Carson Wentz.

I'd say, ignoring the added cost in picks / salary for Wentz, I'd rather start

Bridgewater
Fitzpatrick
Jameis
Tyrod
Brissett

from the FA pile, and I'd flip a coin on him over Mariota or Trubisky.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Also I feel like this past week all of the NFL podcasts have basically been saying one of the key Combine takeaways was that there wasn't going to be a ton of QB movement outside of maybe Jimmy G. Fast forward a week later and remember: never believe any rumor that comes out of the Combine, ever.

Grittybeard posted:

That is hilariously dumb by Washington but the Colts are right now down to Sam Ehlinger at QB right? Looking it up I guess they have someone called James Morgan out of FIU that I don't know anything about.

I mean it's a long offseason and they'll find someone, or at least be motivated to look since they ought to be a good team. But when you significantly downgrade by trading Carson Wentz away in a bad QB draft that can't be a good feeling.

They are going to flip one of those 3rd rounders they just got for Jimmy G, I bet.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Professor Funk posted:

Mind blown by this. But seriously, this feels like a hilarious move even by WFT/Commanders standards.

It's loving abysmal, there's no possible way this works out well for them.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rebuild The Vet for one game

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Jets Legend James Morgan! Twitter seems to believe the Colts are lining up Jimmy G so that probably makes sense. Just flip the 3rd rounders to SF.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I wish a cooler football team was named the commies. Washington is loving garbage.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1501632789170606083
:psyboom:
It just keeps getting dumber! Did the Colts use some kind of cheat code?
:laugh:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Lol lmao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Colts saved cap room by moving Wentz. Their starting QB probably isn't on the roster now, yeah. But they were done with Wentz and getting anything of value for him and saving cap room was the goal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't care if Justin Fields stinks, not being a team that traded for Carson Wentz is a small victory even though Wentz would literally be one of the greatest quarterbacks in bears history.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1501632789170606083
:psyboom:
It just keeps getting dumber! Did the Colts use some kind of cheat code?
:laugh:

I just want to reach through his phone and slap Schefter for Commander Carson. He deserves it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Commie fans I know are very unhappy right now

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

The Colts gave up their first for Wentz. Can't even get a top qb in a bad class lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s a good thing.

Why would you shackle yourself to a poo poo QB again

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

AAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHJAHAHAHHAHA

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Colts made a terrible choice in trading for Wentz and then starting him enough that they had to pay a 1st for him.

The Colts made the best of that bad situation by dumping him and somehow got stuff back for him. They can replicate what they got from wentz with... gently caress, they could just start Brissett again. Or they could trade some middling picks for Jimmy G and hope he stays healthy (lol), because he's better then Wentz.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s a good thing.

Why would you shackle yourself to a poo poo QB again

The Colts winning this trade is some serious copium because they're getting dick all back for their 1st. The returns are hilariously bad. Nobody won but the eagles

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Carson Wentz revenge game!

14/23 176 yds 2 td 3 int

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ahahahahahaha Washington

This makes sense if the Colts are all-in for Jimmy G, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/Y6GJTJG.gifv

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

The Colts made a terrible choice in trading for Wentz and then starting him enough that they had to pay a 1st for him.

The Colts made the best of that bad situation by dumping him and somehow got stuff back for him. They can replicate what they got from wentz with... gently caress, they could just start Brissett again. Or they could trade some middling picks for Jimmy G and hope he stays healthy (lol), because he's better then Wentz.

I bet they trade for Jimmy G or draft Pickett--I saw some Twitter scuttlebutt that they liked him at the Combine (but see disclaimer about Combine rumors above). Or maybe they'll do both.

I kind of enjoy the annual tradition of the Colts scrambling to find a replacement level veteran QB TBQH. Luck --> Brissett --> Rivers --> Wentz --> ?????

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Colts winning this trade is some serious copium because they're getting dick all back for their 1st. The returns are hilariously bad. Nobody won but the eagles

The Phili trade already happened.
Getting hung up on it is pointless

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Washington playing the long game by having Wentz, then somehow magically getting Nick Foles in time for the playoffs & ride BDN to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, let's go with this one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Colts thought they had a roster that just needed a QB and gambled like the Panthers did. They guessed wrong, but they're smartly cutting their losses.

Needling post that I don't even believe: as opposed to say, starting Baker again. :v:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All of Philadelphia's problem sons can come home

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

They can move into the first round with a second and those two third rounders if there is a QB they like in the twenties on draft night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I can't believe the Commanders are eating that salary. What a crazy off-season so far.