Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I discovered 2 Hammer supremacy last night

I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific.

Where do you get the second one??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is insanely stupid and I hope this guy gets suspended or put on probation. I hope he has to stand in front of his licensing board and attempt to explain just what his thought process was, too. Don’t try to win a console fight by revoking a patient’s agency or choice toward preserving their own privacy. Honestly, even if there was absolutely zero patient or PHI in the video, a video inside the hospital inside a patient care area without the hospital’s explicit permission is a no go. Seriously NOT a king.

found the xbox owner

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Writing "XBOX SUCKS" on my forehead with a sharpie just before the anesthesiologist turns on the gas

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is amazing

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I never use this word but Elden Ring is perfect. I loving love this game and it’s rekindling my console love that life is slowly trying to push to the side.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

legend

Quantum of Phallus posted:

found the xbox owner

lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PS5 Thread: SAVING LIVES - My Job. CONSOLE WARS - My Hobby.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tuo posted:

I ain't looking up that weapon
But I'm happy for you to leveling towards it
Or sorry you hosed up your build

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The last game that gave me the biggest “that isn’t the ending???” Moment was loving Jet Set Gemini where you face the last boss and then it’s only half way through. However the catch was you were mostly retreading old levels with possibly some new areas.

Elden ring on the other hand just keeps on going. Just when I thought I had either been to or know of glimpses of all the areas to come, I find…an entirely new whole rear end area covered behind a totally ordinary hidden wall.

The value for money on this game is off the charts.

Does anyone else remember any games that sort of pull the rug out from under you and just wildly expand when you think you’re at the end?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh I am definitely respeccing for this weapon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

PS5 Thread: SAVING LIVES - My Job. CONSOLE WARS - My Hobby.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Aipsh posted:

Does anyone else remember any games that sort of pull the rug out from under you and just wildly expand when you think you’re at the end?

Ghosts and goblins.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Aipsh posted:

Pokémon Gold & Silver are complete games as big as Red & Blue, but when you beat them and “beat the game” you can take a boat to Kanto and literally replay the original 8 gyms in reverse order with most of the original Pokémon . It blew my fuckin mind as a 12 year old I could not believe it!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yep

My mind blow moment with gold and silver was doubled because I was playing an import copy in Japanese from before the US release and just kinda crawling my way through it and I stumbled upon the Kanto postgame by accident and absolutely lost my god drat mind.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

When I was young and hadn’t played any real RPGs I remember getting to Magus’ castle in Chrono Trigger and being like okay, here we go, final part of the game. I was incredulous when I realized the game was in fact not over after beating Magus.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Pokémon Gold & Silver are complete games as big as Red & Blue, but when you beat them and “beat the game” you can take a boat to Kanto and literally replay the original 8 gyms in reverse order with most of the original Pokémon . It blew my fuckin mind as a 12 year old I could not believe it!

Haha such a good moment. Gold is one of my fave games ever. Masterpiece.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Where do you get the second one??

It's the Battle Hammer and Brick Hammer if you'd like to look them up

You can just equip both hammers in each hand slot as long as you can carry the weight of both.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Yeah that blew my little 7 year old mind, but I then expected every Pokemon game after that to do the same and include the previous regions and I was incredibly let down when I beat the game and didn’t find any cool bonus content.

God drat Elden Ring is incredible. It feels like it’s never going to end, I’m like 50 hours into the game and it feels like I’ve only done half, or less, of the non optional bosses and there’s so much optional stuff I haven’t seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Miyazaki managed to make the worst poison area in the entire series and he did it multiple times in the same game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

Miyazaki managed to make the worst poison area in the entire series and he did it multiple times in the same game.

Lake of Rot can gently caress off, at least it was shorter than I was expecting

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

he couldn't help himself :sissies:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arist posted:

Lake of Rot can gently caress off, at least it was shorter than I was expecting

It wasn't even hard though. I had maximum boluses and just walked around grabbing everything, killed the boss and moved on.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Riven posted:

I think it’s an indicator of how hosed up the narrative around From games is, that in, I dunno, 6-7 years of being aware of them and the narrative that they’re GIT GUD it’s only in the last few pages of this thread that I learned that they are RPGs with levels and stats that go up and you can do stuff like go somewhere else and get more powerful.

This entire time I have had in my head the Ninja Gaiden remake for XBox that I bought, got to the second or third boss, was not good enough to beat it, and was basically locked out of 90% of the content of a full price game I had bought. So every time I hear a game is like that I’m like “nope.” Control was like that for me as well. Thankfully I got it free from some promotion but I literally got to the first boss and couldn’t beat it and bounced off, before they put in the accessibility options. Since then I’ve gone back to it.

If they’re RPGs that is essentially an accessibility option, just one that requires some grinding. But it’s possible to progress, in ways that in a linear straight-up action game does not allow. But in 7 years I’ve never seen an article or discussion about the actual mechanics of these games, just talk about how hard they are and how that defines them.

gently caress, you all might actually have me interested in this now after having been able to very easily write it off.

I can't stress this enough:

The first boss in Elden Ring is incredibly easy if you're a god tier pro gamer using a pointy stick while naked.

It's incredibly difficult if you're a layman.

It's incredibly easy if you're a layman who leveled up to Death Incarnate, The Deity Eater.

It's an RPG. Go do a fetch quest and come back and slaughter the level 20 boss when you're at 40.

FROM games are hard. Until they're not.

Like it's no different from a Borderlands game where you have a level 3 gun and wander into an area with level 40 bandits. You're not supposed to be there. Come back when you have the laser bazooka.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
4 shardbearers down and I still can't even move this one quest further cause I have to defeat the 5th first?? I think Im doing these out of order

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I thought I messed up Renni's questline since I started it quite late but it looks like the ER can compensate for doing things out of order and things will be fine.

I was using a 1hander with a shield most of the game then I grabbed the pizza cutter now i'm basically Bloodborne-ing the rest of the way.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqz6Adl7bM

loving lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

HAHAHA

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Racing home rn now. Going through red lights.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Got a good 50 hours out of Forbidden West but the Ubi-Stench is getting a little too strong so I guess I'll just beat the last two story missions and never touch it again now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He just had to Post. we've all been there

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Racing home rn now. Going through red lights.

ran over 2 dogs and a grandma, he did it for the hype

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Theres too long a queue at mcds. Im not gonna get home in time :negative:

Ff16, forgive me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

has the legacy of the crystals shaped our history for long enough...

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I finally got into the dang city. :eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

vikar not here, so i will be your guide for brand central today

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

State of Play time!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope we see BLOODBORNE REMASTERed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DINOSAUR OUTBREAK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

DINOSAUR OUTBREAK