Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Twobirds posted:

Already removed, guess it was premature.

Weird, also managed to grab it before it went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Explains why PayPal was wigging out on me.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1501001593944096770 lol

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Thanks for the link, just dropped $100 on it :ukraine:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

good games in this bundle you should play!

Action
Bleed 1 & 2 - Some of the most Treasure-like fun you'll find on PC, blistering jumpy shmupy
Minit - an incredible compression of the open world adventure into a tiny space, where you have only 60 seconds to accomplish something every run
SuperHOT - the much memed shooter, it's still good
Xenogunner - Another Treasure-style romp, I'd say this one plays kind of like Alien Soldier
ZeroRanger - one of the highest rated indie shmups in the last decade

Arcade/Score Chaser
FutureGrind - Stunt game with you're a unicycle grinding on sky rails
Super Hexagon - intensely difficult/stressful Super Hexagon where you evade walls in a huge zooming out level

ARPG
CrossCode - what if Ys was set in a fictional MMO and your protagonist's silence has actual lore reasons?? note: lots of puzzles in the dungeons
Jotun - Hack & slashy with huge hand-drawn well-animated bosses
Lenna's Inception - a Zelda-like with a randomly generated world, it's pretty cool and has an optional pacifist route

Adventure
Don't Escape: 4 Days to Escape - post-apoc point and click where each action matters as you try to survive each day
Lucifer Within Us - point n click detective game that should appeal to fans of pointing out contradictions, with an additional cyber-religion layer on top that informs the mechanics
Pendula Swing - isometric point n click adventure game set in a fantasy version of the roaring 20s. you're a former adventurer trying to get their ax back
Rusty Lake Hotel - strange and surreal first person point n' click game from a long-time Flash developer. somewhere inbetween a conventional adventure and escape room
The White Door - more recent game by the Rusty Lake dev

Metroidvania
Forma8 - minimalist game where you're a little probe on an alien planet
Sundered - by the producers of Jotun, a game somewhere inbetween Metroidvania and Roguelite. you do get new abilities though it's quite linear, but each of the regions in the game is randomly regenerated when you die.
Super Win the Game - older non-combat Metroidvania with small similarities to zelda 2 (mostly superficial though)

Multiplayer
Crossniq+ - versus match puzzler with Dreamcast era aesthetic
Towerfall - Maddy's big game prior to Celeste

Platformer
A Hole New World - switch between the regular world and a literal upside-down world via pits as you progress
Celeste - you might have heard of this one already
Double Cross - grapple hooky platformer with a megaman-style level section and cute art
Grapple Force Rena - another grapply platformer, by the Freedom Planet publisher, with similar 16bit art and music. combat is a tiny bit mischief makers.
They Bleed Pixels - a difficult platformer notable for allowing you to create your own checkpoints (a feature that would later by mimicked by Ori & the Blind Forest)
Toree 3D 1 & 2 - Fun short little 3D platformers that have mild creepypasta elements
Ynglet - One of Nifflas' best games since Knytt Stories, an incredibly chill wormy anti-platformer where you dive between safe zones, with an awesome aesthetic and good vibes music

Puzzle
A Good Snowman is Hard to Build - great short puzzle game by Draknek about... well, it's in the title
Baba is You - help your new best friend win every level by pushing and pulling programming logic tiles ala sokoban
Cosmic Express - another Draknek puzzler with dogs on trains
Golf Peaks - a minigolf game with a hand of cards you play to instruct the ball what to do
Elephantasy - Tile-based movement open world puzzler, reminds me of Pocket Kingdom
Pipe Push Paradise - open world combination of block pushing and pipe dreams, by the future dev of Bonfire Peaks (also see Hiding Spot in this bundle!)

Roguelite
Gonner - intense action platformer roguelite
Not the Robots - What if Pacman ate furniture instead of pellets

Story
A Short Hike - wander around a small mountain region helping people out and making the trek up to the peak. cozy as gently caress
Alt Frequencies - a time loop game where you alter the timeline by sending information into radio stations
Backbone - interesting sci-fi/noir story about classism, bear in mind the game takes a serious sci-fi/body horror turn in the back half. a lot of people hated that, though I thought it worked well.
Bury Me, My Love - try to help your partner reach safety over phone messaging, was a well reviewed game on mobile
INMOST - a spooky platformer with striking monochrome aesthetic, has platforming similar to Another World, also three protagonists that play completely differently (one puzzle-oriented, one action, one adventure)
Neon Struct - short stealth game definitely inspired by imm-sims but solely focused on stealth in this case
Figment - weird combination of story/action game/puzzler. it doesn't always work and bosses have musical numbers??? but it's interesting.
Sagebrush - Explore the aftermath of a Jonestown-esque cult
Wandersong - you sing in different colors to solve puzzles, but really this is a story game with a lot of introspection and great character moments

Misc
A Dance of Fire & Ice - One-button rhythm game by the future dev of Rhythm Doctor
Backspace Bouken - a dungeon crawler with typing-based combat!
Cloud Gardens - civilization's over, let's grow some fuckin plants
Glittermitten Grove - it's Frog Fractions 2, but some people like the opening game more than the actual hidden game underneath
Hidden Folks - a Where's Waldo esque game with cute animations and fun scenes
Lost Art of Innkeeping - might not look like much (using RPG Maker assets) but it's a neat little inn management story game that'll run you only 4-ish hours
Shutter Stroll - Proteus-style walky sim that's solely about taking pictures of randomly made areas

honestly there's a lot more than this but I wanted to get you started

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you're looking for a Steam-like interface for dealing with your massive itch.io library, you might look into the freeware Playnite. Also, incidentally, integrates with most of the other PC game stores i.e. Steam, Epic, Xbox, GOG, etc.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

If I had the time and energy I would absolutely effortpost about ZeroRanger. It's one of a handful of games I wish I could wipe from my mind to experience the first time again. It's also very much a shmup, so if you're not a fan of the genre it may not resonate with you like it does with me.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Imagined posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you're looking for a Steam-like interface for dealing with your massive itch.io library, you might look into the freeware Playnite. Also, incidentally, integrates with most of the other PC game stores i.e. Steam, Epic, Xbox, GOG, etc.

Playnite is great, I've been using it for a while now. Highly recommended if you have a library of PC games staff spread over multiple stores and it even handles emulators.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Thanks for the recs 7th i will add some of mine soon!

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

So is this bundle doing the same thing the last two were doing where it all gets bukkake'd into your itch library at once until they push an update that only adds the stuff once you click on it? Or is it add-on-click from the start this time?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's the latter

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So is this bundle doing the same thing the last two were doing where it all gets bukkake'd into your itch library at once until they push an update that only adds the stuff once you click on it? Or is it add-on-click from the start this time?

The TTRPG for Trans Kids one dumps everything into your library, but the BLM and Palestine bundles didn't.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Not had much of a chance to dig in yet but I'd like to recommend puzzle game Cardinal Chains https://danijmn.itch.io/cardinalchains

It's simple and intuitive, and while it ramps up the difficulty relatively slowly it has some really tough ones in there. Plus it plays right in the browser. A great distraction to spread over a few coffee breaks.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonkeyforaHead posted:

The really big bundles have never added everything to your library automatically. People have been asking since the first one for a button to do that, but itch have never added one.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I remember this moment from J&MM being pretty funny at the time

https://youtu.be/JUqLxQFb-Pw

At one point I actually bought a J&MM BluRay with some eps on it, that’s how much I liked it. Now though, I’m struggling to remember any other moments from it.

I do remember there being an Ep with JonTron though :suicide:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MonkeyforaHead posted:

No, they only get added to your library once you click the "Download" button on the big bundle page that gets emailed to you after buying.

Someone on Reddit went to the trouble of sorting a chunk of the games that were also on Steam by their Steam reviews, if you want the recommendation of the Great Unwashed Masses:

theredmist posted:

From linking to steam reviews, this is the list of the best games currently submitted. The bundle includes lots of other games, table top games, asset, etc that are not on steam at all.

You do NOT get steam keys; this is for information only.

"BRJE" = it was also in the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality.

"BPA" = it was also in the Bundle for Palestinian Aid.

Overwhelmingly Positive
Very Positive
Positive

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I played skatebird and baba is you on my stream last night.

skatebird is hilarious and fun, but I don't know if I would sink the hours into it that I did other skateboarding games. Not because it's bad but because that's not my style of game anymore. I can't comment on the depth of tricks in it because I was always trashed at those games no matter how much I used to enjoy them.

Bubba is you is way tougher than I expected it to be, and I can't imagine watching me stare at a screen. Just looking confused is good twitching, but I'll probably finish it off stream.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The Kins posted:

Someone on Reddit went to the trouble of sorting a chunk of the games that were also on Steam by their Steam reviews, if you want the recommendation of the Great Unwashed Masses:

The randombundlegame site also has a filter that just lets you do that.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

There is music i made in this bundle, so deffo listen to all the music haha :)

Edit for poster below: i made these lil loops, you can use em in your games or youtube videos or whatever :)

scourgeofthe7bees fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 9, 2022

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

There is music i made in this bundle, so deffo listen to all the music haha :)

You can't say that and not link it!!!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/alucinatum/status/1501337056512983052

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That Venn diagram is aggressively not to scale, holy cow.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'm sadder every day that I missed out on the BLM bundle by 1 day.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Serephina posted:

That Venn diagram is aggressively not to scale, holy cow.

That's all I got from the chart

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hey, lunar detrius, Random Bundle Game is doing these things again:

KennyMan666 posted:

Oh, one more thing that I don't know how consistent it is between different browsers and stuff. When I'm scrolled to the bottom, and use the page numbers at the bottom of the page to go to a different page, as the content of that page loads, it scrolls things so that when everything has finished loading I'm in the middle of the page. So if I want to see all games on that page I have to first scroll up and then back down, or vice versa, which doesn't feel optimal. This is in Firefox, 1920x1080 resolution. I'd be fine with the page either keeping me at the bottom so I could scroll up and then use the numbers up top, or just scrolled me back up to the top every time I change pages. From what I can tell, the former is what's supposed to happen, but then the images and stuff loads and pushes the content down.

KennyMan666 posted:

If you hit the ... in the page select, and hit OK without entering a number, hitting OK after entering 0, or just hitting Cancel, you get an empty page showing "Showing -23 - 0 of 2524 items" (which to me all seems to imply it's sending you to page zero). It's also entirely possible to input a number larger than there's pages and it sends you to that page, so inputting 200 gives you a blank page with "Showing 4777 - 2524 of 2524 items".

Additionally, in the pagination, the underline just doesn't show up on some numbers, since it looks like the line is placed behind the number. For instance, it's completely invisible for number 3, and only a pixel of it shows for number 5.

The new look of the site is pretty slick!

Many things in this bundle I want to get around to. Demonizer is my pet pick, but I'm waiting for the new engine update before I start playing that. I really hope some of the later submissions can get sorted out, especially Evergate.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

The new look of the site is pretty slick!

Thanks! It's like 90% new code (because changing stuff in the old site was a nightmare) which is why some old bugs cropped up again. They should all be fixed now, thanks again for the bug reports!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Quick recommendation for Rite. It's a 2D platformer, with a jump feel that's reminiscent of Celeste (with similar animations but no dash or wall grab but with a slightly different wall jump), but with a level structure similar to Super Meat Boy, where there are multiple worlds and you have dozens of levels in each one. Restarts are relatively quick but honestly still a tinge too slow for my tastes. Not brutally difficult yet, at least as of the second world.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Death and Taxes is a short game where you're Death as an office bureaucrat. You'll be given profiles on some subjects, choose who lives and dies, and see what happens the next day. There's some basic criteria in the style of Papers, Please but the whole thing is much easier and humorous. You can unlock secret storylines and endings by ignoring instructions and watching chaos unfold. There are dialogues with your boss and fellow office workers.

I laughed when an unspecified office disaster forced me to decide the fate of plants for a day.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Quadrilateral Cowboy is a charming little game that I'm enjoying from this bundle.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Just want to drive by and say I played Superhot from this bundle last night and while it’s short, it’s extremely worth the :10bux:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
If you like chill games, I can recommend Cloud Gardens. It's a post-apocalyptic plant-growing game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tried several games this morning.

Cardful Planning has you flipping a card over Sokoban-like puzzle rooms, where each suit gives you powers. Seems promising, though I stopped once there were parts where I had two crossbows firing at me and I had to figure out how to nail the timing down between dodging arrows and passing spiked floors.

Lizzi Crossing is a very simple Minesweeper/Nonograms clone where you explore a grid and try to use the combined clues of Minesweeper (each number on the floor says how many mines surround it) and Picross (the numbers outside the grid say how many lines of mines are in each row/column) to find the exit to the next floor. Very basic, but a solid timewaster once you get the hang of it.

Backspace Bouken is a really clever dungeon crawler where you defeat enemies by typing their dialogue. That said, there's a few wrinkles, like how you have limited spaces to use, so you need to find signs so you can backspace them and hoard up their spaces for combat, though you can also save on spaces by using contractions. It also has a slick graphical style and presentation in general. Worth trying if you have any interest in the concept.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Crosscode is good. It looks like mega man x, has "buttery smooth physics," just a good feel to it. Alternates between tight combat and room puzzles that are like pool trick shots with your x-buster.

Containment is just a good puzzle game, but I don't like things that look like a flash game.

Wratch's den seems pretty slick, it's challenging, you control little goblins to get gold to build your base and defend against the good guys, while time ticks forward in "rogue turns."

Sidewords is a great word game. I wish it would give scores for different ways of solving the puzzles. It's advanced anagramming, but not really difficult.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Mega64 posted:

Backspace Bouken is a really clever dungeon crawler where you defeat enemies by typing their dialogue. That said, there's a few wrinkles, like how you have limited spaces to use, so you need to find signs so you can backspace them and hoard up their spaces for combat, though you can also save on spaces by using contractions. It also has a slick graphical style and presentation in general. Worth trying if you have any interest in the concept.

The typing stuff was okay, but the signs and collecting spaces stuff isn't all that engaging. At least for the first few floors I've played

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Oh hey, they actually added some additional stuff. One of them being Evergate which I've wanted to try. The devs even put the game on itch specifically because they wanted to be part of the bundle.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
I haven't played anything but the demo yet, but Fatum Batula is a really neat Haunted PS1 game that I've had wishlisted for a while, and was the straw that broke the back my bundle buying camel.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
StarFighter R&D seemed like it would be a fun iterative shmup; play levels, earn credits, spend credits to research new tech for your ship. Unfortunately, the game locks whenever I try to go to the research area. Anyone else having this issue?

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

For music enjoyers, Wandersong is a fun one where you're a bard and you sing with the right joystick to defeat enemies and stuff, like Link's ocarina but more of a rhythm game. The bard dances too. Gnog has good chillout music too, it's a colorful and visually distinctive puzzle box game, and some of the puzzles you kind of make the music too. Actually slightly more challenging than 'puzzle box' sounds.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
good lord, literally anyone who doesn't donate for this bundle is stupid, there's guaranteed to be like 500 games you want to play in it

i'm trying to sort through it now but i can vouch for A Mortician's Tale it's very short and very sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
My trouble is I can't play more than a few games at once. I downloaded a bunch of zips, but the second one was Curious Expedition and I'm still here a week later.