Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Louisgod posted:

don't worry, there's growing hope that the irreversible brain damage is actually reversible, because as we all know it's just a matter of growing more grey matter to reverse it.

https://twitter.com/LongDesertTrain/status/1501017874235854850?s=20&t=NLtkjgeQ6bSE-OZbxPqptg

don't want to scare the public about potential brain damage, but DO want to scare the public that they'll be nuked any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

thanks for all the eating/drinking in office suggestions.

not sure i'm ready to enjoy the smug satisfaction of seeing mask less office people being reinfected with a new strain, but i suppose this is what they wanted.

:shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtK6pdUKmio

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Clocks posted:

I clicked through and the comments... yeesh. People claiming it's misinformation and that masking is for sheeple and blah blah. The aggression towards being asked to mask is still mind-blowing to me, it's really such a small concession. But it reminds people things aren't normal so...

Other people have mentioned that it’s also seen as an accusation of uncleanliness which makes a lot of white people mad because it isn’t just chuds that view being white as being clean and uncleanliness a dark skinned person thing.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Clocks posted:

I clicked through and the comments... yeesh. People claiming it's misinformation and that masking is for sheeple and blah blah. The aggression towards being asked to mask is still mind-blowing to me, it's really such a small concession. But it reminds people things aren't normal so...

I got to witness someone getting really loving mad at a cashier yesterday for the first time in a long time. Just some lady berating the gently caress out of the poor guy until one of his coworkers came over and broke it up.

People are getting mad at masks again I guess.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Sitting here in an indoor white-collar office full of unmasked chuds during a global airborne disease outbreak being forced to do some safety department LMS video course on bloodborne pathogens for OSHA. Lmfao

lol, owned.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

quick reminder masks are completely optional in most of WA and OR beginning Monday.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Joker laughing

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Sitting here in an indoor white-collar office full of unmasked chuds during a global airborne disease outbreak being forced to do some safety department LMS video course on bloodborne pathogens for OSHA. Lmfao

Congrats on being in a scene from a future movie about COVID.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

by god, that's omega's music

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Louisgod posted:

quick reminder masks are completely optional in most of WA and OR beginning Monday.

Seattle schools 2 days later without union agreement, you gotta wonder how hosed up Inslee and Harrell pushed that poo poo on the district. Seattle got what it wanted when they voted, though. I hope the teachers go on strike. Harrell also demanding people back to the office, king county employees going back and they’re clearing some downtown homeless camps.

Even though I know it’s not over, what these blue maga assholes are doing is having an effect but not changing my plans. It definitely makes it seem like COVID is over but we obviously know the truth.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
covid is over if you want it (brain damage)

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Better watch out for those BBPs, they can be deadly and can transmit asymptomatically.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Fucker still owes me $600

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Electoral Surgery posted:

they better give it a drat name or we'll do it for them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Electoral Surgery posted:

lmao is it great when the perfect storm for another surge comes together?

Also make sure to get rid of effective NPIs like mask-wearing when you have a even more infectious strain floating around.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Bring on the Tyrant strain

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

these charts loving suck

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

it's truly astonishing. at the geological moment of humanity's destruction of the animal kingdom in service to a phantom, the unalive material of life itself rises up to destroy us.

really quite something. Dante would have greatly approved

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ah there it is

"Dear SPS Families and Staff,

Seattle Public Schools will lift its current mask requirements beginning Monday, March 14.

In alignment with Gov. Jay Inslee’s updated health guidance, the Washington State Department of Health, and Public Health – Seattle & King County, masks will become optional both indoors and outdoors at SPS buildings and on school buses (yellow buses). Please note: masks will continue to be required for students who ride King County Metro public transit."

lmao rip to my kid and my family

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*changes music to Kreator - Violent Revolution*

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tzen posted:

Ah there it is

Seattle Public Schools will lift its current mask requirements beginning Monday, March 14.

In alignment with Gov. Jay Inslee’s updated health guidance, the Washington State Department of Health, and Public Health – Seattle & King County, masks will become optional both indoors and outdoors at SPS buildings and on school buses (yellow buses). Please note: masks will continue to be required for students who ride King County Metro public transit."

But think of how much everyone deserves a break.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Tzen posted:

Ah there it is

They will bully kids wearing masks into taking them off or worse. The schools know what they’re doing and what will happen, they just don’t care. Got keep up appearances we’re done with the pandemic, go pay for parking again, buy dinner and lunch out, buy more gas etc. consume consume consume at extremely higher prices.

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

Thoguh posted:

scene from a future movie.

Such optimism.

mdemone posted:

it's truly astonishing. at the geological moment of humanity's destruction of the animal kingdom in service to a phantom, the unalive material of life itself rises up to destroy us.

really quite something. Dante would have greatly approved

Ever read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut? Getting those vibes.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

I switched from cloth to elastomeric in October 2020, and I remember come March 2021 when things were looking up and the vaxx was becoming more available thinking that I might have overreacted, and wasted $200.
lol same

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

a respirator will never be a bad investment now that raging forest fire infernos are seasonal

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

“We feed them”

...to the jaws of the covid wood chipper.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

mdemone posted:

they better give it a drat name or we'll do it for them

they only name variants of concern

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

BA2 the future

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thoguh posted:

But think of how much everyone deserves a break.

Glumwheels posted:

They will bully kids wearing masks into taking them off or worse. The schools know what they’re doing and what will happen, they just don’t care. Got keep up appearances we’re done with the pandemic, go pay for parking again, buy dinner and lunch out, buy more gas etc. consume consume consume at extremely higher prices.
lol i'm so loving angry right now

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Tzen posted:

lol i'm so loving angry right now

Remember to vote blue no matter who!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

BA2 the future

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

^^^lmaooo hahahah vote! hahahahah

Tzen fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 10, 2022

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Also remember to follow the science off a cliff

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

Ingmar terdman posted:

BA2 the future

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

halfway into week three and i had four kids wearing masks (properly). i have a lot of chin-strappers, and i asked one kid, pointedly kinda angrily, “why even bother? just take it off.” and he said his mom likes that he has it at school.

i said if your mom wants you to wear a mask then you should wear a mask.

a lot of parents are telling their kids to wear masks and the kids are getting peer pressured into taking them off lmao. absolutely awesome that we let all the bullies and assholes who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into pretending to give a poo poo about a million dead americans win. so many poo poo-eating grins.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

GXL posted:

The lady at Costco asked if I wanted to take off my mask for the card photo and I said "no"

Incredible

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

thanks for all the eating/drinking in office suggestions.

not sure i'm ready to enjoy the smug satisfaction of seeing mask less office people being reinfected with a new strain, but i suppose this is what they wanted.

:shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtK6pdUKmio

can you please not use racial slurs in the covid thread

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Gio posted:

halfway into week three and i had four kids wearing masks (properly). i have a lot of chin-strappers, and i asked one kid, pointedly kinda angrily, “why even bother? just take it off.” and he said his mom likes that he has it at school.

i said if your mom wants you to wear a mask then you should wear a mask.

a lot of parents are telling their kids to wear masks and the kids are getting peer pressured into taking them off lmao. absolutely awesome that we let all the bullies and assholes who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into pretending to give a poo poo about a million dead americans win. so many poo poo-eating grins.

What did schools think would happen? School is a miserable place for kids when they’re not in the majority, of course peer pressure and bullying will happen. No one will do Jack poo poo about it and instead of the chuds getting COVID and shrinking their brains to the size of their small ducks, they’re gonna get everyone else sick now with them.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jingoro posted:

Such optimism.

Ever read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut? Getting those vibes.

I....uh....literally have it next to me on my reading pile

edit are you saying I should definitely read this entire thing tonight and then transcend my physical form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Thoguh posted:

Will we still get poop water updates?

Weirdly, when Walensky was on Andy Slavitt and said the infamous masks are the scarlet letter quote, she also touted how the CDC was making wastewater surveillance data available and expanding that program. So I expect the wastewater data might actually improve.