Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TenementFunster posted:

my close friend Liz promised me that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine wtf is happening

signs point to russia doing a kosovo with the two regions and supporting them as independent destabilized zones to keep a nato deal involving ukraine forever off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

signs point to russia doing a kosovo with the two regions and supporting them as independent destabilized zones to keep a nato deal involving ukraine forever off the table.
hope she sees this, bro

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

hope she sees this, bro

i mean, i'm sure the us will do whatever it can to thumb the scale for whatever fash are lying around, but beyond that who can say :shrug:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

i mean, i'm sure the us will do whatever it can to thumb the scale for whatever fash are lying around, but beyond that who can say :shrug:

I got bad news for you if you think only the Ukrainian side is rotten with neo Nazis.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say KILL EM ALL!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

my close friend Liz promised me that Russia wouldn't invade Ukraine wtf is happening

are you just going around to every thread posting this?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

its not support for russia to think they're doing stuff to counter us influence or whatever. putin is working for the russian boug and their dreams of imperialism/empire. sometimes it involves working against the #1 imperial power to advance their own interests.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol at them flying brace out to Salt Lake for AlphaCon and then banning him before he can even go in.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

hahahaha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

I got bad news for you if you think only the Ukrainian side is rotten with neo Nazis.

i am not naive to the fact that this is a lose-lose situation from a leftist perspective

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

are you just going around to every thread posting this?
yes i think it’s very funny when people are confidently wrong

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

yes i think it’s very funny when people are confidently wrong

maybe the us should sit this one out yo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao don’t worry we are sanctioning Russia

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

maybe the us should sit this one out yo
it’s very funny to see americans, especially on the right, finally find a war they oppose

e: lol at liz going from saying there was no possibility of invasion a few days ago right to refusing to admit she was wrong and then getting all teary because nato is about to start a nuclear war?

she really did do a No Growth lol

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 27, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

who are you even talking to?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Himself

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

you, b*tch!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/christopherbdnk/status/1499786884708544515?s=21

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao don’t worry we are sanctioning Russia

us and arms manufacturers are going to do their very best to make a ton of quick money off of arming an insurgencey

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Liz said on the Ukraine ep that the Russian military is 10 years ahead of the US, which didn’t make sense to me until I realized that yes the American military will definitely be this lovely in 10 years too.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Liz said on the Ukraine ep that the Russian military is 10 years ahead of the US, which didn’t make sense to me until I realized that yes the American military will definitely be this lovely in 10 years too.
lol i hope the last week has her rethinking her embarrassing “secret russian super army” theory

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

lol i hope the last week has her rethinking her embarrassing “secret russian super army” theory

Honestly I hope the Russian army finishes conquering Ukraine and comes for the US next. Chaos theory

coathat
May 21, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

Her idea that the invasion would stop if the US asked for peace talks was even more insane.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

coathat posted:

Her idea that the invasion would stop if the US asked for peace talks was even more insane.

It’d stop if the US jumped in and helped negotiate an ending satisfying to the Russians, but the US would never do that, even if it made sense strategically

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

She's repeatedly said that Russia has the largest army in the world which is baffling. Whatever her thing is with the Russian army it's deeply weird.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

bi crimes posted:

It’d stop if the US jumped in and helped negotiate an ending satisfying to the Russians, but the US would never do that, even if it made sense strategically

It is getting to the point where I really would like everyone to blink and agree to settle down and go for some east/west Ukraine deal now lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean I, for one, don't listen to true anon hoping for strict adherence to fact based reality

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

agreed, i don't know how we got to the point where people itt are using TA as their entire source for foreign policy discussion. what the hell

if anyone out there needs some sober discussion of what's happening over there derek davison and danny bessner have a podcast that has been doing special updates on the russia/ukraine situation as it developed, and even they didn't fully predict the present events. whenever it comes to foreign policy, if you are american, assume you are extremely uninformed as a ground state and then work out from there using multiple sources

https://soundcloud.com/americanprestige/special-ukraine-explain-6-1

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

That take makes sense if you realize that she’s not just ironically liking ASB News/Military tweets

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lmfao not the liz triple-down on her very own Meltdown March with a multi-ep series on NATO

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm not going to listen to any more Ben episodes

selec
Sep 6, 2003

No Dignity posted:

I'm not going to listen to any more Ben episodes

you hoes ain’t loyal

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i listen to every ep, i am a gourmand for eps

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

i listen to every ep, i am a gourmand for eps

selec
Sep 6, 2003

When I have Death to Strand, only eps will do

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Shotgunning episodes of the Daily and This American Life to counteract a True Anon NATO episode in terms of types of psychic damage.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Androies posted:

Shotgunning episodes of the Daily and This American Life to counteract a True Anon NATO episode in terms of types of psychic damage.

Psychic jenkum.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Androies posted:

Shotgunning episodes of the Daily and This American Life

true torture

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like to listen to about 30 minutes of Pod Save America followed by 30 minutes of true anon then about 10 minutes of cumtown or E1 Biden episodes so I manifest a balanced energy to thee world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i listen to PSA on 1x speed but trueanon on 1.75x simultaneously so my leftist knowledge outpaces the centrist knowledge