Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Pingui posted:

They should have put the zipper further out, so it could be used for doors opening inwards (like outside apartment doors all do). I got excited for a few seconds there :(

They have a bigger version, if that helps https://www.zipwall.com/product/zipdoor-commercial-door-kit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
let’s go Brandon variant

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1501696927179542529

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gio posted:

halfway into week three and i had four kids wearing masks (properly). i have a lot of chin-strappers, and i asked one kid, pointedly kinda angrily, “why even bother? just take it off.” and he said his mom likes that he has it at school.

i said if your mom wants you to wear a mask then you should wear a mask.

a lot of parents are telling their kids to wear masks and the kids are getting peer pressured into taking them off lmao. absolutely awesome that we let all the bullies and assholes who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into pretending to give a poo poo about a million dead americans win. so many poo poo-eating grins.

lol my son tells them to enjoy their diabetes

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1501300740005851141

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
we need to nuke this thread like weve nuked testing for covid

covid is over, close thread

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
15 billion covid funding cut from a 1.5 trillion bill. So you know, 1%.

Definitely just slimming it down because it was too big, not a political statement about covid being fake. Got it.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mdemone posted:

it's truly astonishing. at the geological moment of humanity's destruction of the animal kingdom in service to a phantom, the unalive material of life itself rises up to destroy us.

really quite something. Dante would have greatly approved

Allah'u akbar.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

American liberalism is a Coronavirus stomping on an ACE2 receptor screaming BACK IN THE loving OFFICE, forever

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
well the good news is that we're going to make so many new strains so fast on account of everyone being infected and the government mandating suck and fucks that covid will indeed be over much quicker

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Hey, maybe we’ll get the Pi variant just in time for March 14

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a spike docking to an ACE2 receptor – forever.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

Hey, maybe we’ll get the Pi variant just in time for March 14

pi variant ? :confused: variant of what? it can't be covid, because that's over. just unwinding the last bits of omicronBA.1.2.x.z.1259.YZBETAZED54.3.x9356

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
We probably won't get a new named variant until some new hellstrain comes roaring out of the remnant of lambda in South America. Basically when something that isn't directly descended from omicron emerges, because if it's omicron lineage, it'll just get called omicron :effort:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kylaer posted:

We probably won't get a new named variant until some new hellstrain comes roaring out of the remnant of lambda in South America. Basically when something that isn't directly descended from omicron emerges, because if it's omicron lineage, it'll just get called omicron :effort:

I suggest Unicron

Jingoro
May 13, 2003
Yarrrrr...beware the chicken waters, matey...

mdemone posted:

I....uh....literally have it next to me on my reading pile

edit are you saying I should definitely read this entire thing tonight and then transcend my physical form

:hai:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Salt Fish posted:

15 billion covid funding cut from a 1.5 trillion bill. So you know, 1%.

Definitely just slimming it down because it was too big, not a political statement about covid being fake. Got it.

from that article: "And the GOP secured more than $23 billion for two key federal agencies that oversee immigration, U.S. Customs and the U.S. Border Patrol, more than some Democrats preferred and the president initially proposed"

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

on death panel they mentioned 50,000 fully vaccinated americans have died of covid, which is definitely true and probably an undercount, but where did they get this number from?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Chad Sexington posted:

Sent my folks and the in-laws an email earlier this week outlining our covid precautions for potential visits with my wife pregnant. Nothing crazy. Be vaxxed and boosted. Test before coming here. Lay low the week before visiting. "Colds" and "allergies" are reason enough to cancel a trip. Wear N95s in shared indoor spaces. Be prepared for us to be boring hosts.

Total silence in response. No acknowledgement at all. The in-laws want to come visit in like 2-3 weeks too. I can feel the fight brewing already. :11tea:

Trip report: I thought my parents were going to be mad that I was being condescending for telling them to take really obvious COVID precautions that any idiot is already doing. This probably won't surprise anyone in this thread, but actually they were mad about the COVID precautions themselves! Apparently my mom has been in tears for days.

Some highlights:
  • They found the idea of taking a PCR test before flying kind of viscerally offensive. They've been going on cruises that require testing before you board, so this was a head-scratcher.
  • It's unreasonable to ask them to not do things in crowded public places the week before they visit.
  • They thought wearing masks in a hotel (even the lobby?) was silly.
  • They insisted that our kid is going to have no immune system because it's just going to live in a bubble.
  • They were just at Disney World with my brother and nobody was wearing masks and it was fine actually.

They were ever so slightly moved when I brought up our past miscarriages as one factor in our extreme caution. I'm sure any tolerance of our rules will be framed in their minds as being sensitive to that specific issue and not basic respect for low-effort COVID mitigation efforts, which are themselves a personal attack.

Dealing with this for the indefinite future is going to be really fun and cool. :smithicide:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

*reads first two chapters*

Oh. Oh dear.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

mdemone posted:

I suggest Unicron

Zeta Covid
Covid ZZ
Covid’s Counterattack
Covid Unicorn

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

Chad Sexington posted:

They were ever so slightly moved when I brought up our past miscarriages as one factor in our extreme caution. I'm sure any tolerance of our rules will be framed in their minds as being sensitive to that specific issue and not basic respect for low-effort COVID mitigation efforts, which are themselves a personal attack.

do not under any circumstances let these plague rats near you

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
btw I listened to another Andy Slavitt episode because I hate myself. It was about how the pandemic is over when people decide it's over. That's how the 1918 flu pandemic ended. After a couple of years people gave up doing anything then there were a few more bad waves, then it just kind of went away but it was over when people decided to stop doing anything about it. Then they talked about how covid is over now because people have decided it's over and I'm like gently caress you!!! This was top down! People don't want to die, actually, but they generally do what the top level messaging says.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

*reads first two chapters*

Oh. Oh dear.

six chapters in and looking for oxygen bc panic attack

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gio posted:

on death panel they mentioned 50,000 fully vaccinated americans have died of covid, which is definitely true and probably an undercount, but where did they get this number from?

Who knows but that's a lot. Next winter we may well be able to say more vaccinated Americans died of covid than unvaxxed before Bidens election win (like 230k or whatever it was)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

Who knows but that's a lot. Next winter we may well be able to say more vaccinated Americans died of covid than unvaxxed before Bidens election win (like 230k or whatever it was)

I guarantee that's already true

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hey am i going insane or is the current political leadership doing everything they can to make covid worse

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Do we have any info about fourth shots helping anything? If so I may attempt to bully my doctor into prescribing one.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Zugzwang posted:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a spike docking to an ACE2 receptor – forever.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cloks posted:

hey am i going insane or is the current political leadership doing everything they can to make covid worse

I've got a few ideas about how they could do slightly worse but I'm afraid of speaking them into existence.

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

ikanreed posted:

I've got a few ideas about how they could do slightly worse but I'm afraid of speaking them into existence.

mandatory applebees

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stop this theater. Its over Its over Its over

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Joementum posted:

from that article: "And the GOP secured more than $23 billion for two key federal agencies that oversee immigration, U.S. Customs and the U.S. Border Patrol, more than some Democrats preferred and the president initially proposed"

demon cracker nation

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

Trip report: I thought my parents were going to be mad that I was being condescending for telling them to take really obvious COVID precautions that any idiot is already doing. This probably won't surprise anyone in this thread, but actually they were mad about the COVID precautions themselves! Apparently my mom has been in tears for days.

Some highlights:
  • They found the idea of taking a PCR test before flying kind of viscerally offensive. They've been going on cruises that require testing before you board, so this was a head-scratcher.
  • It's unreasonable to ask them to not do things in crowded public places the week before they visit.
  • They thought wearing masks in a hotel (even the lobby?) was silly.
  • They insisted that our kid is going to have no immune system because it's just going to live in a bubble.
  • They were just at Disney World with my brother and nobody was wearing masks and it was fine actually.

Dealing with this for the indefinite future is going to be really fun and cool. :smithicide:

They will lie to you to visit. If nothing happens, that will justify their actions. If your family gets sick, how could they have known?

Protect your family. Assume they're positive.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

hot witch divorcee posted:

mandatory applebees

Against the 8th amendment

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cloks posted:

*changes track to Queensrÿche - Spreading the Disease*

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Dren posted:

Do we have any info about fourth shots helping anything? If so I may attempt to bully my doctor into prescribing one.

last I looked the pharmacies deferred to CDC guidance saying they won’t push back or required proof of being immunocompromised, soooo I’m talking “Taltz” for my “Psoriasis” that I totally have

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Joementum posted:

ahhahahahaha

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dog Case posted:

https://twitter.com/LongDesertTrain/status/1501017039028248577

Smaller dumber brain means I can be less mad about how bad and dumb everything is
lmao

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
omicron 2, son of omicron

obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cloks posted:

The republicans want you dead, the democrats don’t care. All the actions of both parties right now pretty much align with that. Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, et al simply would prefer to never think about COVID ever again and would appreciate if you did the same.