Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Idk but that’s a pretty big get for Matt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Who's got that clip from the Deadly Premonition LP where Pat is talking about his dad mistaking cayenne for paprika and dousing a sandwich with it and taking a big ultra manly man bite and trying to fight through the pain and not show weakness

It's come up with some of my friends and gently caress if I can find it

Edit:

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_LgbGb71s

Beeb fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 7, 2022

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny
Similarly, anyone know where Pat and the story about the cursed lamb his... Mom? Grandma? made badly is in the podcasts?

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I really want to see Pat's dad show up on a stream or the podcast just once. He sounds like an interesting dude.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Just get Paul Ryckert on there with no pretense and not explain anything to him in advance.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

You know, I was never able to put my finger on why Woolie's aversion to K+M was so frustrating, but he finally made me realize in this episode that he thinks Pat is crazy for having compulsive mind goblins about consumables but doesn't see the parallel with his own weird "I might hit another button" brain problem.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grouchio posted:

Woolie discovers there's illusory walls and floors:

I know this is from a while back, but I had a very similar reaction when I discovered an illusory wall in my playthrough as well. Head shaking and muttering "nononono" over and over, legit psychic damage

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

You know, I was never able to put my finger on why Woolie's aversion to K+M was so frustrating, but he finally made me realize in this episode that he thinks Pat is crazy for having compulsive mind goblins about consumables but doesn't see the parallel with his own weird "I might hit another button" brain problem.

I want to see a Gun To Your Head video where someone sits him down at a DOS computer running Doom and won't let him out of the room until he clears episode 1.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Old school fps games like Doom give him motion sickness and are why he didn't get into the genre until relatively recently so I think that'd go exceptionally poorly.

I feel like he's mentioned something that lead me to believe that he can't touch type or at least not in the traditional sense which is probably the larger barrier. Honestly wouldn't surprise me given how much he mixes up directions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Brightman posted:

Old school fps games like Doom give him motion sickness and are why he didn't get into the genre until relatively recently so I think that'd go exceptionally poorly.

I feel like he's mentioned something that lead me to believe that he can't touch type or at least not in the traditional sense which is probably the larger barrier. Honestly wouldn't surprise me given how much he mixes up directions.

If you don’t get taught touch-typing at a young enough age it can be impossible to learn, much like any other form of muscle memory based speed action.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Brightman posted:

On the cast, he said he won't do K+M because he's afraid he'll hit other keys when he tries to hit a number key to switch a weapon.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Maybe if they both didn't have a degenerate couch + PC + TV setup they would be more comfortable using MKB

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Just need a trackball mouse, basically made for couch gaming. Not like they play hard-core fps that need precise aim anyway...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm rather enjoying Plague's LP of Elden Ring, it's certainly comprehensive with him coming to a screeching halt every 10 minutes to then spend the next 30 talking about a random corpse and what its significance could be.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Old man yells at corpse.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm rather enjoying Plague's LP of Elden Ring, it's certainly comprehensive with him coming to a screeching halt every 10 minutes to then spend the next 30 talking about a random corpse and what its significance could be.

Has he started going on about the bricks yet?

It's not a proper Plague Souls LP until he's going on hour-long discussions about bricks.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I only watched the first few episodes but Plague unexpectedly decided to grab as much of the map as possible as a first priority. He did however spend like 20+ minutes in the very first room and kept getting distracted from the map goal.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

In the best timeline, Reggie joined Best Friends and saved the channel:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulFunAirGuitarNinjaGrumpy-aA-Md9jvc30oAmER

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Bless Reggie man, incredible :allears:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
...did it work?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Precious cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Kazzah posted:

...did it work?

The conversation went on after that clip but apparently not. Reggie's friend thought that it was a cute letter but she didn't think that Reggie meant it romantically.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

davidHalestorm posted:

The conversation went on after that clip but apparently not. Reggie's friend thought that it was a cute letter but she didn't think that Reggie meant it romantically.

Honestly, there are far worse ways for that to have gone than this.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I forgot what gaming event it was, but while Woolie was sitting there growling at every announcement (rightfully so), Reggie was full of starry-eyed glee and it was the most precious thing.

Beat Reggie

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
It's been interesting seeing what Woolie does off camera vs on camera for Elden Ring, especially the last stream which felt like the polar opposite of what most normal people would do off and on camera in regards to content on a channel. Exploring the open world is such a huge part of the game him doing a ton off screen then just spending basically a whole stream time just in catacombs is wild.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Personally, I don't mind that. I'm actually looking forward if/when he stumbled on the catacombs that has multiple hidden walls, the catacombs where you have to go through the teleporting chests and the meanest of all, IMO, the catacomb where you have loop through a series of nearly identical staircase and hallways, designed to make you think you're gone crazy.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

davidHalestorm posted:

Personally, I don't mind that. I'm actually looking forward if/when he stumbled on the catacombs that has multiple hidden walls, the catacombs where you have to go through the teleporting chests and the meanest of all, IMO, the catacomb where you have loop through a series of nearly identical staircase and hallways, designed to make you think you're gone crazy.

What about the illusory wall that takes five solid minutes of striking to crack

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

What about the illusory wall that takes five solid minutes of striking to crack

I'm like 99% sure that's a bug, since it doesn't make the illusory wall sound or visual effect, and the two I've seen lead to rooms you can enter from other doorways anyway.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yea it's almost certainly a bug. The one that's been going around just shortcuts back to a room you go to all the time anyway, and from a passageway that you'd never really use

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Yea it's almost certainly a bug. The one that's been going around just shortcuts back to a room you go to all the time anyway, and from a passageway that you'd never really use

I’ve been late to the party when it comes to from games, what’s their patch situation like, usually speaking?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I’ve been late to the party when it comes to from games, what’s their patch situation like, usually speaking?

their balance patches are either frustrating or exciting. they just patched elden ring, making int builds much better, fixing nonfunctional weapons, and nerfing a couple of very specific weapons that were too good for how easy they were to get. they did not patch out the wrong warp that lets you skip almost the whole game. if youre a sad nooblet that relies entirely on youtube guides to broken builds youll probably be pretty peeved but if you actually enjoy playing their games, theyre good patches. if youre expecting them to fix bugs, its not going to happen unless they make the game unplayable

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They have now fixed one specific pit that you weren't supposed to survive falling into (it doesn't go anywhere, you just get stuck) but brilliantly also added a death plane to somewhere you were supposed to be able to climb down.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1506041030390558726?s=20&t=W9tghK-zYtW_WKZRVD6yyw

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Vandar posted:

Has he started going on about the bricks yet?

It's not a proper Plague Souls LP until he's going on hour-long discussions about bricks.

He spent about 30 minutes talking about the Kentucky basketball team in a recent episode if that counts.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in the latest elden ring stream, woolie manages to miss Iji in Ranni's tower

the man is twenty feet tall. he takes up a quarter of the drat room!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Oxxidation posted:

in the latest elden ring stream, woolie manages to miss Iji in Ranni's tower

the man is twenty feet tall. he takes up a quarter of the drat room!

Remember he's very very blind. The more obvious something is the greater likelihood he will miss it. But we also can't forget Reggie who is also blind.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 30, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember he's very very blind. The more obvious something is the greater likelihood he will miss it. But we also can't forget Reggie who is also blind.

Six sets of eyes, zero loving vision, the tragedy of God of War.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
A while back Woolie mentioned that Reggie went IN on roasting the Harry Potter series, anyone know which WoolieVS that was?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

jesus loving christ woolie is spending soooo much time in this ff6 LP just OBSESSING over trivial mechanics (like trance) i think he has worse brain worms than pat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Indecisive posted:

jesus loving christ woolie is spending soooo much time in this ff6 LP just OBSESSING over trivial mechanics (like trance) i think he has worse brain worms than pat

He has to play keyboard and mouse games with some terrifying jank keyboard mouse and controller setup because he’s afraid of pressing two keyboard buttons at once or something.