Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
When I was a teen, I’d know that my period was coming when I started jonesing for pistachio ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

MACAW.AVI posted:

When I was a teen, I’d know that my period was coming when I started jonesing for pistachio ice cream.

drat that's me every day tho

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

cool kids inc. posted:

At the fun point in the cycle where unsure if sweaty or leaking.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh I internally screamed the second I read this post because as a thick-thighed person this is basically every day of every warm weather period of my life

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

My new menstrual cup arrived I'm pretty excited for the next cycle! I think I did a bad job taking care of the old one so here's to proper cup maintenance in 2022 :toot:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Went on a day trip with hubby, we get to the hotel and it's all white sheets and blankets, whyyyy do they do this

alas, the flood started the day prior, so we both got high as poo poo and he ordered me creme brulee room service

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Oh good. My period is going to start the day of my 15hr cross-country drive. Packing and moving has already been emotional, I don’t need that on top of it, ugh!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I woke up today with almost my entire asscheek and -crack covered in blood :stare:

Good "get out of bed and shower" motivation

edit: This was after going to bed & having a nice 8-hour overnight-padded sleep too

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 14, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Insane smelling power strikes again. Today, I was fortunate enough to be able to identify that one of my male family members hadn't wiped enough after peeing.
Yes, I could detect pee (specifically male pee) from 20 feet.

This is a gross, gross power to have.

I wonder if the scent-detecting superpower feeds into the fear nearly everyone has that other people can smell your period, even though hardly anyone has ever detected anyones else's period by scent.
I know I haven't.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Wait, dudes wipe after peeing?!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Wait, dudes wipe after peeing?!

I have no clue about their specific pee habits, but they do not normally smell of pee, so a laxness in standard pee behaviour is suggested.

Pee.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Pookah posted:

I have no clue about their specific pee habits, but they do not normally smell of pee, so a laxness in standard pee behaviour is suggested.

Pee.

Hmmm, yes. I hear it is stored in the balls, but whoever I squeeze one no pee shoots out and also I'm not allowed in that proctology clinic anymore.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I keep getting weirdly specific cravings and then the smallest cramps it's been doing this for a week could my period 🅿️LEASE start already

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
You know what feels weird? Blood clots falling out of your vag as you're walking. Not a fan

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Brunch: steamed garlic salmon with mixed veggies, the blue flavor of bootleg Fruitopia

Dinner: sausage egg & cheese wrap from Dunkin Donuts, large mocha latte

This is definitely right.

edit: I am not an especially emotional period-haver, but it seems like all the Michael/Holly -- aka, the only good sitcom couple in the history of television -- episodes of The Office come on when I'm in the throes of the second-day flood.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 15, 2022

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Period is due in a little over a week. How can I tell? Yesterday I had 5 eggs with hatch chili sauce on them, about 25 peanut butter pretzel bites, about 10 ginger candies, three apples, 30 or 40 more peanut butter pretzels, liver dumpling soup, a huge order of sauerbraten with spaetzle and red cabbage, some of my husband’s frikkadellen, and then 20 or so more ginger candies. By ginger candies, I mean large pieces of candied (NOT crystallized) ginger, many of them half the size of my thumb. Ovulating just makes me so hungry.

FE: I may or may not have eaten a 3x1 inch brick of chicken liver pâté on toast, can’t remember if that was yesterday or the day before. Either way, my menstrual cycle plus the fact that my husband works in specialty foods is gonna give me mad gout.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I should be allowed to squeeze out my uterus like a bottle of ketchup

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

I should be allowed to squeeze out my uterus like a bottle of ketchup

And peel the lining like an inside-out orange

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

What are the options for menstrual cups these days? The one I'd been using for a long time finally had to get binned and the backup one I've never used is super stiff by comparison. I honestly don't remember what brand they were, I think it was a special "pay just for shipping" deal.

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't try the reusable liners or something for the really spotty days when it's more hassle than I'd like to even use a cup. I haven't done any research there at all.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Plenty o’ options, but not all stores sell all brands. I’ve heard this quiz will tell you which cup is best-suited for you, though I bought the first cup I came across at CVS (Flex Slim) and it’s worked out just fine for the most part (there have been a few times when I either didn’t line things up properly or didn’t thread the “stopper” firmly).

I’ve started using a reusable disc on days where I feel like using a cup is overkill, but don’t want to wear a pad. Maybe that would work for you too?

MACAW.AVI fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 15, 2022

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I've been using Meluna for ages, they have some nice deals so if you aren't certain of the size/stiffness you want you can usually get a couple for a good price.

I don't see the point in using anything but a cup even when spotting, it's reusable so it's not like it matters that it's overkill. I guess if it hurts to take out and put back in?

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
I have a couple Meluna, and even though they aren't perfect for me, I did love that because the first one didn't work well (too long for me), they sent me a hefty discount code to buy a second, different sized one that is much much better.

Their website also sells period panties, which if you can stomach the cost, might be a good option on spotty days. I've tried them out overnight since I have issues with my cups leaking at night, and liked them quite a bit so far. Doesn't feel anything like wearing a pad to me.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

It feels like someone is weakly but insistently punching me in the lower back and I'm so goddamned tired

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Bitch-rear end period snuck up on me today three days early and I found out while trying to wrangle my toddler in a department store toilet stall.
"Mama what's that?"
"It's a pad, I use it to catch the blood that comes out my uterus. It's where you used to live, remember?"
"Yeah!"

I'm not going to have him be squicky about periods at least.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Mercury Hat posted:

What are the options for menstrual cups these days? The one I'd been using for a long time finally had to get binned and the backup one I've never used is super stiff by comparison. I honestly don't remember what brand they were, I think it was a special "pay just for shipping" deal.

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't try the reusable liners or something for the really spotty days when it's more hassle than I'd like to even use a cup. I haven't done any research there at all.

I have some reusable liners I bought from local hippy shop. They are a bit annoying because they have only snap fastener to keep them in place, so they shift quite a lot. Also they are kinda thick. Probably gonna invest in a few pairs of period panties at some point.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Periods keep sneaking up on me, and I have no excuse for being caught out.
I literally got the first period of 2022 on the first of January, but I keep being surprised when the next one shows up 25ish days later.
They are regular.
I am not.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Bitch-rear end period snuck up on me today three days early and I found out while trying to wrangle my toddler in a department store toilet stall.
"Mama what's that?"
"It's a pad, I use it to catch the blood that comes out my uterus. It's where you used to live, remember?"
"Yeah!"

I'm not going to have him be squicky about periods at least.

Awww, that's cute. I like the way you talk about your uterus like it's an apartment. That's not sarcastic, i swear

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I also use a Meluna and really like it (or did, still don't have my period postpartum so who knows how that'll change if at all). I do prefer the Meluna soft, which they don't sell on their US site so I have to order it on the German one.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
24 1/2 years after my first period, my worst nightmare came true.

I got my pubes stuck to some pad adhesive & didn't realize it until I stood up from the toilet. :catstare:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

YeahTubaMike posted:

24 1/2 years after my first period, my worst nightmare came true.

I got my pubes stuck to some pad adhesive & didn't realize it until I stood up from the toilet. :catstare:

Auuuugghhhhhh

ow

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Thought that was my appendix for a minute there.

It was actually cramps from a period poo poo. I'd already had a period poo poo once today.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
The period decided to start a day late on the road trip. It also decided to skip the first, easy day, and jump to day 2 of hell cramps and heavy flow. Thanks uterus!

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

CherryCola posted:

What the gently caress is going on with these CLOTS. No wonder I’ve been so crampy and exhausted today. Jesus Christ did half my uterine lining come off in one go????

i had one that clogged the fuckin shower drain. yelled "jesus christ!" as it hit the tub floor.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Donated blood the day before my period starts, the perfect recipe for crushing fatigue :discourse:

update: i am being mocked for boiling my cup lol

coronatae fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 21, 2022

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe

coronatae posted:

Donated blood the day before my period starts, the perfect recipe for crushing fatigue :discourse:

update: i am being mocked for boiling my cup lol

mocked by whomst? tell them to suck it clean if they have an issue :unsmigghh:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

DemonDarkhorse posted:

i had one that clogged the fuckin shower drain. yelled "jesus christ!" as it hit the tub floor.

Ah, the spicy wafflestomp.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Think I've got my menstrual migraine, even though it doesn't start until next week

:theroni:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Pyrtanis posted:

mocked by whomst? tell them to suck it clean if they have an issue :unsmigghh:

My partner lol. He walked into the kitchen and said "What do you want for dinner? ...aside from period blood stew..."

all in good fun ;)

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Finally had a doctor believe me when I said I get way more hosed up than is socially acceptable when pmsing and I'm on sertraline during the PM part of the cycle.

Trying to figure out medications for anxiety, adhd, and depressive episodes is a god loving drat nightmare. Especially when I'm working with an overworked nurse practitioner who can issue meds but no therapist. It feels like spackling a hole the size of my torso.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Broke down crying earlier over something dumb. Clue: Yep, it's that time again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

Fun Shoe
I set my period app to warn me and it did so yesterday, so now I get to be in the fun limbo of "an I really upset? or is it hormones" for the next bit

Seriously do not understand why evolution stuck with this whole depression/anger/exhaustion loadout