Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
since this whole thing started from making fun of people who didn't know about punk's ROH theme it's even better that we can pivot to making fun of people not knowing about his heel work in IWA:MS

the smoking gun of footage that has been readily available on youtube for 15 years. learn some history!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

If someone responds with anything similar the WWE has done they'll absolutely reply with something like "it's just a work you marks he's playing a character and it's entertainment" or some poo poo

I loving hate these people

Bad faith arguments always leave a bad taste in my mouth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

since this whole thing started from making fun of people who didn't know about punk's ROH theme it's even better that we can pivot to making fun of people not knowing about his heel work in IWA:MS

the smoking gun of footage that has been readily available on youtube for 15 years. learn some history!

Bring back the deep lore of him being forced to apologise to a stripper because of his heel work in FIP

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This revelation of old-time slang terms is making me reevaluate some of Frank Zappa's work

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

cm punk but he's chinese...chairman mao punk

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Communist Manifesto Punk

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

didn't Punk admit he was an rear end in a top hat back then anyway, and hasn't he atoned for it by now

CM Punk is, in fact, good

e:

CommonShore posted:

This revelation of old-time slang terms is making me reevaluate some of Frank Zappa's work

Zappa was a libertarian dickhead, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was lowkey racist too lmao

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

bwahahahaha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone who responds to Jobbernation with anything but a picture of Ashley Massaro is a cop

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Anyone who responds to Jobbernation with anything but a picture of Ashley Massaro is a cop

I will regret asking this but what is the link here?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's Jobber Nation so it's like arguing with a wall but if I were a poop toucher I'd post some Shimmer matches from 2007 featuring most of the top women on the WWE and AEW rosters

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Manwithastick posted:

I will regret asking this but what is the link here?

WWE created and covered up a situation where she was sexually assaulted during one of their Are Troops tours.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Destroy My Sweater posted:

cm punk but he's chinese...chairman mao punk

This would lead to stavros' talking about a Chinese buffet in Baltimore.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh hey, let's have a tweet by Friend Of The Thread Junkie https://twitter.com/wwe_wwf_Junkie/status/1501417645995962369?t=C3RSwOBXEvvDWsYK7vHkzw&s=19

very normal

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

WWE created and covered up a situation where she was sexually assaulted during one of their Are Troops tours.

Ok, but how does that link to Jobbernation? Did he insist it never happened or something along those lines?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Ok, but how does that link to Jobbernation? Did he insist it never happened or something along those lines?

It's more that they aren't the Friend To Women that he's implying

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I had to look up who JobberNation TV really was since they act like they're some big news source or podcast or something.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GameDayzWWE/videos

It's just some guy sitting in his car reviewing PPVs to a couple hundred people. This is the wrestling voice of twitter.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Fish Of Doom posted:

I had to look up who JobberNation TV really was since they act like they're some big news source or podcast or something.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GameDayzWWE/videos

It's just some guy sitting in his car reviewing PPVs to a couple hundred people. This is the wrestling voice of twitter.

Gotta be honest, I'm disappointed at the lack of Wacky Thumbnail Faces

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This would lead to stavros' talking about a Chinese buffet in Baltimore.

faaaaaaaaava beans

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/farazhaider88/status/1501661480063750145

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Is he suggesting that Tony Khan is making all these wrestlers do crazy bumps, that Vince or any of the WWE higher ups would never sign off on a bump like that, or both?

Because I don't think Jericho was forced into doing it, and considering how Owen died and all the stories of the young guys being told to jump off ladders by people like Michael Hayes I wouldn't suggest that WWE is a safe working environment.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He also doesn't seem to notice that that isn't WWE

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Same tweet, but I'm saying it as an insult to WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Self-Diagnosed Casual Fan

https://twitter.com/HighJak78/status/1501690144964939779?t=j_gu6VomDNI-KuWHiEqJLA&s=19

https://twitter.com/HighJak78/status/1501703008870182913?t=9M2GQgGZi-H-JiQuYvN7Mw&s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

He also doesn't seem to notice that that isn't WWE

I'm sure in the Twitter Vincel brain, since WWE bought ECW, all ECW counts as WWE, and it's therefore the safest place to work ever of all time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure in the Twitter Vincel brain, since WWE bought ECW, all ECW counts as WWE, and it's therefore the safest place to work ever of all time.

You can gently caress those people up if you suggest TK buys WWE that all WWE is AEW.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://twitter.com/HighJak78/status/1501701877553111040

'i have no idea who this person is because i'm not watching the show, and somehow aew needs to figure out how to get me to know them without me ever watching their show'

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

everyone wants to be recognized.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A wrestler famously died in WWE!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE has had at least one person die in the ring so by definition they can never be the safest promotion to work in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Twitter is loading weird so here's a screenshot:

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 10, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and the warlord

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as much as i think it'd be really funny for scorp to end his reign as face of the revolution with winning the title and immediately dropping it to the next face of the revolution, it'd probably be better for scorp to get some sort of reign and i think they like him too much to make him the first utter joke of a title holder

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I love that everyone I text with about wrestling has autocorrect and it turns Wardlow into Warlord and it cracks me up and makes me remember the bootleg Road Warriors from 80s WWF Barbarian and Warlord

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

CommonShore posted:

Based on what I know and the supposed story, there's nothing racist about that mudshark, it's about an actual fish. Probably not the best idea to google it at work.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Edit: I misread and entered a discussion late that was already over

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 10, 2022

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Edit: I misread, I'm old and my eyes don't work so well anymore double post of shame

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 10, 2022

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

Based on what I know and the supposed story, there's nothing racist about that mudshark, it's about an actual fish. Probably not the best idea to google it at work.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Zappa's song predates the use of "mud shark" as racist slang by quite a bit.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Being from the arm pit of Western PA I thought I'd heard every racial slur. Thanks Twitter, you never fail to disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Zappa song is very literal