Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Jymmybob posted:

Princess Tutu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt ping pong good?
Not punpun. Dont read that

Ping Pong is insanely good

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ping Pong is top-shelf imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BeckySucrose posted:

I'm Jewish so I'm allowed to watch it subbed. :pseudo:

BUT YOU ARE GUILTY AND MUST DIE

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

atelier morgan posted:

i can't care about a gundam game until they raise gihren's greed zeonic front from the dead

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

If this is justice then I'm a banana!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt ping pong good?
Not punpun. Dont read that

No. It is not good.

It is the best.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/smartkittymomo/status/1501751486493118468?s=20&t=42qwhaC-bDhuItyBq23L7w

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even if you dont expect to watch Kings Ranking but are a fan of sakuga in general then I recommend you watch episode 21, its basically sakuga from start to finish.

Holy poo poo what an amazing episode.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even if you dont expect to watch Kings Ranking but are a fan of sakuga in general then I recommend you watch episode 21, its basically sakuga from start to finish.

Holy poo poo what an amazing episode.

I may watch this I loved those Naruto episodes where you can tell they just put the A team on the entire episode and gave them as much money as they wanted to animate the sickest fight.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Retromancer posted:

I may watch this I loved those Naruto episodes where you can tell they just put the A team on the entire episode and gave them as much money as they wanted to animate the sickest fight.

power arc is the only good part of shippuden because they just gave the animators an unlimited budget as an apology for having to do the rest of the show

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Quality shifts within a long-running show are more about effective recruitment, creative freedom, and time management (basically, getting your hands on talented animators and giving them the time and freedom to go completely nuts on building long, elaborate, and beautiful stretches of animation). The actual amount of yen thrown at a show episode-by-episode is exceedingly unlikely to change in any especially measurable way.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I forgot my crunchyroll account had been hacked a year or so ago and I had to get a bunch of money refunded. I haven't had any need to use it but I got the Roku app for the hell of it and drat this guy watched a loving ton of digimon, my hero academia, Naruto/Boruto, and a bunch of slice of life stuff

Basically all the poo poo I generally have zero interest in watching so I spent a few minutes cleaning up the watchlist for rightful Good Anime like Gundam 79, Fist of the North Star, Ippo, and Cromartie High School :smugbert:

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bro Dad posted:

power arc is the only good part of shippuden because they just gave the animators an unlimited budget as an apology for having to do the rest of the show

wrong bitch. everything up until ninja war was good. itachi not good smdh

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

actually that was a lie because whenever they get around to throwing out another ggen game I'll play that garbage

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The looney tunes Pain episode was the best one in the series.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
newtypes in gundam r ubermensch, ubermensch is a fascistic nietzschean concept, ergo gundam is fascist apologia despite antiwar overtones

this is not some fully fleshed out or firmly held belief of mine, this was mostly sparked by war thread where liberals r falling over themselves defending nazis and also the covid thread doggo + brick ~scandal~

space colonies can be thought of as lebensraum without the icky genocide required to free up the space. the evil earth federation sought to impose control over the clearly superior breed of humanity, spacenoids, who hold the potential of transforming into newtypes. spacenoids were only driven to commit warcrimes like colony drops cuz of those goddang inferior human beings trapped on planet earth holding human progress back. the endgoal is for ubermensch newtypes to lead ignorant humans to a utopian new age (see the last quote block below for what "utopia" really means)

the space colonies were portrayed as victims, slaving away to send resources back to earth, much like how nazism is defended as it arose partly due to the onerous war reparations imposed upon germany post ww1 - germany was internally colonized by europe, boohoo

"In the future, should the emergence of a new space-adapted human race be confirmed, the Earth Federation shall give priority to involving them in the administration of the government." https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Laplace%27s_Box boohoo, why r fascists bullied and excluded from government, clearly ubermensch knows whats best for humanity, ubermensch are entitled to (prioritized for) seats in the government

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/2rdwxm/discussion_understanding_newtype_theory_what_is_a/

quote:

The ultraman, superman, or "higher-being" among other ideas is a staple of nearly all of Tomino's works. In the Universal Century, Newtypes are directly called the next evolution of humanity, or even the result of mankind's need to adapt to life in space.

In another work directed by Tomino, Aura Battler Dunbine, there is a division between two worlds: a world called Byston well and our Earth, which are divided by both magic and the ocean (stay with me here if you haven't seen Dunbine). In Dunbine, an idea they refer to as a "Hyper mode" comes into play, where a person can become so charged with emotion that they seem to grow in size and power, and can even result in the person exploding.

This Earth/Space, Byston Well/Earth dichotomy fuels the idea that the souls of those who are held down by the "gravity of Earth" either don't understand or aren't capable of understanding what's important for humanity.

Lastly, I can't help but mention Tomino's early-2000's TV show called Overman King Gainer, which explored the idea of an almost religious or supernatural "Overman" and it's abilities being amplified by people of greater skill. Honestly though, Overman King Gainer didn't seem to have enough time to truly explore the ideas it presented of the mecha itself being The Übermensch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cbermensch

quote:

If the Übermensch acts to create new values within the moral vacuum of nihilism, there is nothing that this creative act would not justify. Alternatively, in the absence of this creation, there are no grounds upon which to criticize nor justify any action, including the particular values created and the means by which they are promulgated.

According to Rüdiger Safranski, some commentators associate the Übermensch with a program of eugenics.[10] This is most pronounced when considered in the aspect of a goal that humanity sets for itself. The reduction of all psychology to physiology implies, to some, that human beings can be bred for cultural traits. This interpretation of Nietzsche's doctrine focuses more on the future of humanity than on a single cataclysmic individual. There is no consensus regarding how this aspect of the Übermensch relates to the creation of new values.

https://medium.com/@ultrahuhwhat/universal-values-imperialism-the-debasement-of-leftism-of-humanism-and-of-hope-9386b1210036 (explaining why liberals r revolted by doggo + brick, how western vs chinese minds separate humans n animals, how fascism n liberalism r both derived from humanism)

quote:

In simple terms, the core values of humanism are: people are the center of the world, and all doctrines and morals should be people-oriented. When it was first developed, it was to oppose Christian oppression, that is, God is not the center of human life, but humans.

British scholar Tony Davies pointed out that the development of humanism and imperialism are of the same origin. The rise of humanism was in the 16th century, which coincided with the beginning of the West’s colonization of the world; the 19th century was when humanism was at its peak in academia and it coincided with the strongest and bloodiest period of Western powers’ colonization efforts; anti-humanism emerged after World War II, which was also the time period when the colonies gained their independence.

Humanism gradually spread into Germany and France around the 17th and 18th centuries. Afterwards, it was roughly divided into two branches, one of which was the Anglo-French branch (this includes the United States). Another branch spread to Germany. Phrases that we often hear such as humanitarianism, freedom, equality and fraternity, the United States Declaration of Independence, and various other “politically correct” slogans are mostly from the branch of humanism rooted in Britain and France.

The Anglo-French school of humanism is full of hypocrisy and imperialism-serving characteristics. For example, in “Utopia” written by the early British humanist Thomas More (which is also where the word “utopia” originated from), the ideal paradise that early humanists conceived of is actually a piece of land in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of South America that’s stolen by colonizers, a place where the indigenous people of the island were treated as slaves.

As for the German school, they begun having discussions on the restrictive ethics and morals limiting people’s freedoms as no longer being necessary as the world is centered around humans. People have the ability to break through their limitations and evolve into new humans through extraordinary will. The logical conclusion they reach following this line of thought is that new humans with superb willpower will have the right to wipe away old humans that hinder human progress.

Understanding Human Need 2010
Dean, Hartley

i dont read this thread and most likely wont in the future, sorry 4 ruining the vibes in here, feel free to disregard everything as the ramblings of a madman with a contrarian streak

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

huhwhat posted:

newtypes in gundam r ubermensch, ubermensch is a fascistic nietzschean concept, ergo gundam is fascist apologia despite antiwar overtones

this is not some fully fleshed out or firmly held belief of mine, this was mostly sparked by war thread where liberals r falling over themselves defending nazis and also the covid thread doggo + brick ~scandal~

space colonies can be thought of as lebensraum without the icky genocide required to free up the space. the evil earth federation sought to impose control over the clearly superior breed of humanity, spacenoids, who hold the potential of transforming into newtypes. spacenoids were only driven to commit warcrimes like colony drops cuz of those goddang inferior human beings trapped on planet earth holding human progress back. the endgoal is for ubermensch newtypes to lead ignorant humans to a utopian new age (see the last quote block below for what "utopia" really means)

the space colonies were portrayed as victims, slaving away to send resources back to earth, much like how nazism is defended as it arose partly due to the onerous war reparations imposed upon germany post ww1 - germany was internally colonized by europe, boohoo

"In the future, should the emergence of a new space-adapted human race be confirmed, the Earth Federation shall give priority to involving them in the administration of the government." https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Laplace%27s_Box boohoo, why r fascists bullied and excluded from government, clearly ubermensch knows whats best for humanity, ubermensch are entitled to (prioritized for) seats in the government

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/2rdwxm/discussion_understanding_newtype_theory_what_is_a/

https://medium.com/@ultrahuhwhat/universal-values-imperialism-the-debasement-of-leftism-of-humanism-and-of-hope-9386b1210036 (explaining why liberals r revolted by doggo + brick, how western vs chinese minds separate humans n animals, how fascism n liberalism r both derived from humanism)

Dean, Hartley

i dont read this thread and most likely wont in the future, sorry 4 ruining the vibes in here, feel free to disregard everything as the ramblings of a madman with a contrarian streak

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
gundam wang

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

not reading any of that poo poo lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the gundamn i watched there was a guy who stood in a futuristic cockpit and he did the moves. and the gundam did the moves that he did, 1:1. advanced stuff. it was on toonami

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
that’s OG Gundam.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
no it was mobile fighter g gundam I looked it up. I remember the main guy's haircut

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
east coast vs west coast Gundams

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

huhwhat posted:

Dean, Hartley

newtypes don't actually change anything at any point and can never resolve the contradictions in the way the irl fascists or in-fiction theorists posited they would and every attempt to bring about ubermensch/newtype dominance to 'usher in a new age' is carried out in the form of massive, cataclysmic atrocities

this happens over and over again until so much infrastructure is destroyed and so much environmental devastation has occurred industrial capitalism simply ceases to exist

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

christmas boots posted:

east coast vs west coast Gundams

Subtractive Gundam is if you're basic

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
While Newtypes have some overlap with the Nietzchean concept of the Overman, they are also complete failures and end up being mere pawns in game of life.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

newtypes: being able to commune and connect with other people in a deeply emotional way across space and time, but instead its all used to be turned into weapon systems

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i watched like 6 eps of that fantasy knockout anime. actual jokes/punchline/timing on visual media? mother of god…

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

NewTypes could never be Overmen because they're not creating new values, they're inheriting the existing values of morality and nationality. Char Aznable is primarily motivated by revenge, and then instrumentalizes himself as an agent of history in the name of Spacenoids. Amuro is a punk kid who reactively allows himself to be swept up in the war, and then reflexively becomes a champion of the corrupt empire that turned him into a child soldier by the time of Char's Counterattack. None of them are capable of looking beyond the narrow constraints of world politics.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

atelier morgan posted:

newtypes don't actually change anything at any point and can never resolve the contradictions in the way the irl fascists or in-fiction theorists posited they would and every attempt to bring about ubermensch/newtype dominance to 'usher in a new age' is carried out in the form of massive, cataclysmic atrocities

this happens over and over again until so much infrastructure is destroyed and so much environmental devastation has occurred industrial capitalism simply ceases to exist

newtypes really DID lead the world into a golden age!!!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

anyway if you want the tomino show with overmen you gotta go look at king gainer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

NewTypes could never be Overmen because they're not creating new values, they're inheriting the existing values of morality and nationality. Char Aznable is primarily motivated by revenge, and then instrumentalizes himself as an agent of history in the name of Spacenoids. Amuro is a punk kid who reactively allows himself to be swept up in the war, and then reflexively becomes a champion of the corrupt empire that turned him into a child soldier by the time of Char's Counterattack. None of them are capable of looking beyond the narrow constraints of world politics.

i cant focus on these words, my eyes just slide off

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

big robot

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Homeless Friend posted:

i watched like 6 eps of that fantasy knockout anime. actual jokes/punchline/timing on visual media? mother of god…

dunno what anime you mean but watch ranking of kings

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's not a make or break for me, but anyone heard Discotek's dub for Memories? Interested in hearing how Magnetic Rose turned out

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BONGHITZ posted:

wow, cool robot!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

dunno what anime you mean but watch ranking of kings

its got one of those super long japanese names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout (異世界 (ファンタジー)美少女受肉おじさんと, Fantajī Bishōjo Juniku Ojisan to, "With a Fogie Reincarnated as a Pretty Fantasy Girl"), abbreviated as Fabiniku (ファ美肉)[2] is a Japanese manga series written by Yū Tsurusaki and illustrated by Shin Ikezawa.

It's not bad from what I've watched.